First

In Time

“Kwon Yuri, do you accept this man to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

 

“Yes, I do” Yuri beamed with joy as she looked lovingly to her husband-to-be.

 

“Choi Seung-hyun, do you accept this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?”

 

Seung-hyun wiped the sweat that trickled on his forehead. He held Yuri’s hand and with all the courage he can muster, he replied “Yuri-ah, I’m so sorry. I cannot do this.”

 

Flashes of camera followed Seung-hyun as he ran out of the cathedral. Reporters trailed him til he reached his handsome black BMW for escape, itching to get a scoop. A sure headline for tomorrow’s entertainment news.

 

And who would care to a pastry chef left in the altar? Who cares if she cry their like a toddler? Who cares about a no one who just got her dose of popularity for dating an idol? There’s only one camera focused on Yuri though. Capturing the moment of her silent tears and screams asking ‘why?’

_______________________________________________________________________________

The day before…

 

‘Sorry Yunho… your shots are not just good enough. Try your luck next time or maybe somewhere else, or maybe just do something else.’

 

‘Pssst… Here have some’ as Yunho passed a can of beer to Yuri as he sat beside her.

 

Yunho just know where to find her. The same pavement where they sat when they failed the entrance exam to get in their dream university. The same pavement they sat on when they got thrown from the house they rented for having not paid for a month. The same  pavement they sat on when they wept as they were rejected on their first job application.

 

‘Yah! Can you please have the strength to look decent! No wonder he left you at the altar’ Yunho scolded as he grabbed a wet tissue from his pocket and roughly wiped Yuri’s mascara-stricken face.

 

‘Seriously. I’m sorry. I don’t know what to say.’

 

The sound of the night wrapped the air for a long time until Yunho decided to give it a try once more. ‘Uhm here… your photos this morning. I printed this so at least you know what to expect tomorrow on TV and newspapers. Newsflash: Member of an idol group dumped his famous pâtissière girlfriend!’

 

Yuri opened the brown envelope and her face just turned red hot.

 

Bam! Picture of Yuri kneeling on the floor with her hands stretched to running Seung Hyun.

 

Bam! Picture of Yuri lying on the floor as she kicks her swarovski-studded high heels.

 

Bam! Picture of Yuri with mouth wide open and eyes filled with tears.

 

‘Yah! Are you mocking me for what happened this morning. This is a serious matter! I’m heartbroken. I was dumped, you know!? You should be offering me cake and your shoulders to cry on  instead your giving me memories of the epic-fail of the year. And look… look at your shots, they’re just… horrible! No matter you can’t get a job!’

 

‘Yah Kwon Yuri! Are you mocking me, too? You’re hurting my feelings. You should comfort me, too. I got rejected by that Hello Muse photography yesterday.’

 

‘Then, why didn't you tell me yesterday?’

 

‘How could I? You’re getting married the next day and I don’t want to trouble you with my drama.’

 

‘I’m sorry to hear that.’

 

‘Give me those photos. I’ll dump them right away.’

 

‘No no no no. I’ll keep them. To remind me of this very unfortunate day. Not that this won’t be the talk of the town for a week or a month.’

 

Yunho took of his jacket and placed it over Yuri’s bare shoulders. He stood up and offered his hand to Yuri ‘We should head back to our apartment. We both deserve some good cuddling.’

 

‘Yes… a long one please’ as she puts her hand on Yunho’s.

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not sleeping with her even when hell freezes over. Pajama session is our thing. Yuri and I have known each other since high school. Being orphans, we dreamt together of having better future, we cried over our failures together, we laughed over tiny stuff. I know her inside and out. I’ve seen her but there’s just no electricity or whatsoever. I don’t look at her in a malicious or even in a romantic way. In fact, If I am a girl, I would love to have a body as gorgeous as hers. Too bad, I’m trapped in a man’s body.

 

PS. I kept one nice shot of her during the wedding. I personally think it’s one of the best shots I’ve taken. I just want to make her laugh that’s why I showed her the hilarious ones (wink).

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

Yup… I’m not yet over what my epic fail wedding this morning. And you guess it right… Yunho is gay… very gay. In fact, he’s more feminine than me. Since we were young he treats me like a doll so I will look pretty by his side. He dresses me up on dates and he even picked that damn wedding gown I wore this morning. We may bicker a lot but he gives the best advices and the best hugs, too.

 

Too bad guys, he’s taken by an equally handsome gay (sticks out tongue).

 

And oh! Can you keep a secret for me? I’ll send his photos to Vogue Korea. Maybe his talent is not for weddings but for magazine features. I had to admit though that those crying photos he took topped my chart.