final

The song and Us

Yin pov

It was Saturday night and I was just walking around, letting my foot taking a pace by his own. I hummed along with music from earphone that put on my ear while night breeze blew, brought the snow of winter December. I inhaled deeply before a long sigh escape from my smiled lips; how I felt my mind getting fresh and the blood flowed at my whole veins in a calm speed, I can’t ask a better moment more than this.

A chirp sound from swing bar snapped me out, then I realized that I was in a small park. At first I think the sound was made by a wind before I saw a guy sat on one of four swings. I squinted my eyes at him, the only person in this park. And then my blood no longer flowed by his ordinary speed since I recognized him. He is not an ordinary guy.

I hesitated for a while before I decided to approach him. His eyes was close, facing the night sky. My heart beat faster as I staring his relax face.

“Sunbae.” I called. He opened his eyes with a tint of pink appeared on his check almost immediately. Shocked, I guessed.

He is Lee Jeongmin, my senior at college, two years before me. I have a feeling to him since few months ago. That day I spent a whole day at music room to fulfil my assignment which was composing a song and at evening he was come to play the piano. Then he help me till the deep of the night. Just that, a simple first meeting that make me like a fool every time I sang that song.

“Oh, hey.”

“What did you do alone here?”

“Just want to have a night with my own self. I think I can ask same question to you and you will answer the same way.”

“You see. It’s almost Christmas. Aren’t you have any schedule? I mean, a show to be attend?”

Jeongmin sunbae is a member of boyband named boyfriend along with 5 others. It’s weird to see him in a park by now instead of tv. Not to admit that I was biased them.

“Our manager give us a day off before practice some songs tomorrow to this Christmas. And about song, what song you hear this whole time? It’s kinda rude to talk to your sunbae with an earphone on your head.” He motioned to his own ear as flashing a simple smile.

I mentally face palmed myself. How come I still have it put on my ear? I feel like an idiot now, and his smile make me worst. “S-sor-ry.” I stuttered. Just great! I really want to disappear right now.

He chuckled. “What song?” he repeated.

“My song that I composed by myself.” And all of them filled with my feelings toward you, I continued in my head.

“Mind if I hear it?”

“For what?” I asked back without thinking and feel ashamed immediately.

He frowned. “Just wanna see how get you did it after my tutoring.”

After that day, we often meet at music room. I like composing a song, and music room in my college is a great place to catch an idea. And Jeongmin sunbae? I don’t know. He said he like to play the piano in music room; the keys more soft than his. At the music room, he teach me how to make a good song. But out of the room I rarely meet him since our building was far and ever it happens, we just called name and such.

I put my earphone on his head and then my heart flinched. I quickly pull back my hand. “Sorry, not mean to be rude.” And my check heat up. Oh my, can you please stop blushing and not make yourself seen stupid?

“It’s okay.” He fixed my earphone before press play button on my phone.

The air become silent a couple minute before he spoke again, “who is this? It’s not your voice.”

“My cousin. She has an amazing voice. And I like it.”

“But I like your voice.”

“Pardon?”

“This song, what title?” he glanced at the screen, “Hidden heart. I think it will be more amazing if you sing it.”

“But I won’t. I feel ashamed if I keep on heard my own voice.”

“And I guess none of them is yours?” he shook the phone.

“Ne. It was my cousin, my sister and my friend’s voice.”

“Then, will you mind if you sing it and give me the record? I like your song’s style.”

“Uhm… well. Since you help me a lot, I will.”

“Good. And I want to hear all of your song by their voice so I can compare them to yours later. I will take your phone with me and give it back to you at this park, at 10 am next morning. Can I?”

“Why next morning? There are just seven songs and it will be done after half an hour.”

“I told you I like your song. I think I will have a nice dream if I use it as lullaby. You know? I rarely get a sleep tight. And you’re right. Their voice was amazing. But I bet yours is more.” He then stood up and bid his goodbye before walked out from the park.

 

Next morning, I woke up at 7 o’clock even though last night I not sleep till past of the midnight. I was agitated since in my phone, in memory card at my phone, 80% was about boyfriend and almost half of it was about him. A part of boyfriend was not my focus since they are deserve a loyal fan. But… what if he find out that I have a crush on him? It will be awkward, right? I can’t stay at music room and make a song peacefully while Jeongmin sunbae playing piano.

“Hey, you awake early. What happened? You seem anxious since last night.” My sister step in my room.

“Unnie.” I whined as I pull her to sit beside me.

“What was that bothering you?”

“My phone. Last night Jeongmin sunbae take it with him to hearing my song. Why if he open my gallery and find out about my feeling?”

My sister giggled hearing it.

“What the funny?”

“Keep calm. It won’t happen. Didn’t you lock all of your applications?”

I blinked once. Yeah. I did. How silly I’m.

“Better?” She asked.

“Ne. Thanks.”

“Then let go down. I’d prepared breakfast.”

 

I arrived at the park on time but Jeongmin sunbae already sat on the bench. I walked forward him and find him close his eyes, again, but this time with my earphone fixed on his head.

“Sunbae.”

“Oh, hay.” He opened his eyes and greeted me.

“Well, I guess you done?”

“Right. It’s good song. Here your phone. But I almost can’t hear it.”

“Why?”

“You locked the playlist.”

“Yeah. Actually all of apps. I will really mad if people opened my memory card without my permission.”

“Well, yeah. For person that never mad like you it will be scary one. But everything have an exception.” He smiled.

“I agreed.”

“Nah, I have to practice now. Happy holyday for you. And see you at the Christmas night.” He caressed my head softly before leave me stood up still in my spot, confused.

Something fishy here...

***

Jeongmin pov

The night before give Yin's phone back.

I unlocked the door dorm and rush toward my room, impatient to heard her song. I threw my stuff into basket at corner room before hopped to my bed.

“Jeongmin, why didn’t you lock the door again?” Donghyun hyung yelled from living room.

“I’m sorry hyung! Can you do it for me, please?” I shouted back.

“And you not even change your clothes or wash your face first, what happen to you?” Donghyun hyung appeared from the door. Minwoo sneaked from his back.

 “Let me guess. It’s because her, right?” Minwoo said.

“How did you know?”

“That is Yin noona's phone.”

I nodded then opened the playlist app. Oh crap. It locked.

“What the face?” asked them.

“It locked.” Then I try to other apps. “All of it locked.”

“Interesting. I wonder what she hid in it. I think it will tell you who her crush is. And then finally you’ll stop stalking her.” Minwoo said.

“Hey, I’m not stalker!”

“Yes you are.”

“Stop it.” Donghyun hyung said. “Give it to me, I think I know her passcode.”

“How…”

“Last week at vocal lesson, I glanced at her phone as she unlocked it. I didn’t it on purpose though.”

“Here.” I passed the phone to him then he brought it out.

“Hey, where do you want to go?”

“Living room. If the passcode is wrong, then I guess Youngmin can do something. You better clean yourself first and I won’t give it back if you not.”

“Yah, hyung!” I whined while Minwoo smirked at me before following our leader to the living room.

I used five minute to washed my face and get changed to my pajama before running toward living room. Four of them gathered Youngmin who was faced his laptop. Well, all of their eyes landed on it.

“Did you guys unlocked it?” I asked while take a seat beside Hyunseong hyung.

“No. She had changed her passcode and I still have a respect to not destroy her system.” Youngmin answered.

“And what was that mean?”

“She won’t lock her apps if s nothing secret in there. And no one won’t a random people see their secret.” Hyunseong hyung said.

“Isn’t we did it this time? Opened her secret?”

“Yeah. But everything had an exception, hyung.” Kwangmin said.

“Then if you not unlock it, how did?”

“Just move the memory card to other phone or plugged it in laptop.”

“It was similar to destroy her system.”

“Shut up already, Jeongmin. I know you want to know who her crush is so badly.”

Then I stared at the screen. Her pictures, almost of them was boyfriend pics. And videos too.

“Whoa, she is our big fan, eh? And there are just some of hers. A shy girl. Your opposite, hyung.” Minwoo patted my back. I just give him a death glare.

“Wait, Youngmin. That file,” said Donghyun hyung. He pointed at a file named 0102. “Did you guys notice? It was weird.”

“Weird?” I frowned.

“Come on, Jeongmin, it is your birthday date. January 2nd!”

My eyes widened. “Open it!” I demanded. Youngmin clicked at that file and my face jumped out.

“Hyung, I think it was all about you. It is your pics, and video when you were playing piano, and this record, I think it’s was your voice or something like that.” Youngmin said.

I lost on my mind. What it is? What are mean of this?

“Hyung, this one.” Kwangmin pointed at one of the video. I snapped out when Youngmin clicked it. Then her voice filled the air, singing her song. I know this one. Hidden heart. She sat at the edge of the window. Her eyes closed as she singing.

This is… this heart beat…

Did you hear that?

This heart… beat like a crazy

Almost exploded when you’re around me

But no…

I’m not gonna let you know

I just not want you to far from me

The worst nightmare, that is will be

No matter what

I will keep this heart

Hidden heart

A tear fall from her closed eyes that followed by more.

“Omo, don’t cry my little sister!” Said a voice.

“Unnie, stop recording!” She pleaded while covered her face with her hand.

“You don’t even sing it till the end yet. But, okay.”

“Please delete that!”

“No. It was… wow.”

“No! What if Jeongmin sunbae watch it?”

“What are you worrying about? You locked your phone, aren’t you?”

“Uhm, yes.”

“So save it. This is your love prove to him.”

“Unnie.” She hugged her sister while she put the phone down so the camera faced the ceiling. Yet the phone still recording their voice.

“Shh, it’s okay. Everything will be fine. My little sister is a strong girl, right?"

"Unnie, it`s hard. can i just give up?" She keep on sobbing till a hand reach the phone and turned off the record.

Then video ended. Five pairs of eyes gazed on me. I gazed back with my flat face before get the phone and walked toward balcony. Since I can’t unlock her phone, I will use mine to recording myself then send it to hers via laptop. It was a little complicated, but my mind now was more mess.

The whole day, all the night

That is you who bright my heart

I wonder why you can keep to shining

For so long?

Even the moon need the sun to bright him up

Even the sun need the star to take turn

Even the star need a day to rest

And a day need you to keep smile

And keep smile, even in the rain

And the rain, it was heaven tear, right?

Since they lost their most beautiful angel

And keep smile, even in the rain,

Cause the rainbow will appear along with your smile

I sing my heart out, and even though my eyes watery, I was still sing till the last line. That was, the song I made after I help her make her assignment, for the first time.

I wiped my tears before it falling down, but no to avail. Then I take a note and write on it.

To: the lost heaven angel

First, I want to apologize since I was opened your folder. But I’m not sorry for did it.

Second, can we meet at the park we last meet at Christmas night?

Then see you…

From: your sunbae

I take a picture of that note then move it and the video to her phone before come back to living room.

“Guys,” I said to them, “I need your help.”

*****************