One Call Away

One Call Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“That’s a wrap everyone. Good job!” Coach Kahi declares after band practice and added, “Don’t forget the pep rally tonight okay? See you!”

 

The band members fixes their instruments right after Kahi leaves the room.

 

“Good job you guys, Call time is at 6pm tonight don’t be late!” Jin, the handsome senior who seems to be their leader.

 

Jimin is placing his sax at its case when Irene tapped him on the shoulder, “Hey Jimin, what are you doing this afternoon?”

 

“Nothing really. I’ll just head home and rest. We have 3 more hours before our call time.” Jimin answers.

 

“Good, can you help me buy a new sim for my phone I lost it earlier? I must’ve dropped it somewhere when I switched it with my other number.”

 

“Now that you’ve mentioned it I was planning to buy a new one for me as well. Sure.” Jimin says.

 

Irene and Jimin are neighbors, they knew each other since they were kids. Irene was the popular kid even before and Jimin was the shy kid even up to this day. Irene has a few close friends and Jimin was one of them.

 

A lady from the phone shop greeted them with a smile. “Good day, what can I help you with?”

 

“We need two sim for our phones please.” Irene answers

 

“Oh good for you we have 2 available numbers left, are you taking it?” The lady asks.

 

“Yes, how much?” Irene pays and they left the store. They walked side by side and went home.

 

 

Irene was typing in her phone and asked, “What’s your number?”

 

Jimin gave his number and Irene saved it. She was reading the number again and noticed something, “Oh look! We have almost the same numbers. See.”

 

Irene showed her phone number to Jimin.

 

“That’s cool noona. Atleast if we forget our numbers we have each other to remind. Yours end with 1 mine ends with 2.”

 

---

 

It was time for the pep rally and the crowd was ready for tonight’s game.

 

The band just finished playing and was cheering along with the crowd. The game is now on half-time when the cheerleading squad emerged.

 

That’s when Jimin saw, the one.

 

Subdued tangerine red-ish hair, fair flawless skin, warm and engaging smile. It was Kang Seulgi.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter