o.n.e

Feelings.

Although sets in non-AU, this story won't actually fit anywhere in their schedules because I made up the whole thing. I'm pretty sure they've never even set their foot in Bali. This was inspired by that VIXXTV episode where N and Hongbin spending times in Starbucks in Philipines, listening to N's radio show.

 

———

 

5VIXX had just arrived in Bali and the pleasant warm weather welcomed them at the beautiful island. It was a really nice change from the cold and freezing Seoul at this time of the year. This actually felt almost like a summer holiday for them, considering how warm Bali was in December. Well, Indonesia is a tropical country so it’s not surprising, actually. It made them envious of the people living there, how nice it is to have the perfect weather all year round and not suffering from the cold and bleak weather of winter? If it’s not for the fact that they had to spend 2-3 days out of a week there for a photoshoot for a magazine, it would become a real summer holiday for them. They try to enjoy what they can get though, and the hotel where they’ll be staying in looked like very nice too, so maybe this could be the perfect summer holiday after all.

 

“It’s already holiday season here in Bali, so the hotel has already been fully booked. For tonight I only managed to book two rooms for you guys but the manager have said to me that one more room will be made available when Jaehwan arrived here tomorrow night after his musical.” VIXX’s manager handed two key cards to N as the leader while he was explaining the situation.

 

He continued, “As I said, there are no more rooms left in this hotel so the staff and I will be staying at another hotel nearby, around 10 minutes from here. It’s located in a busy tourist spot though, so it’ll be for the best if you guys just stay here and call me to come by if you need anything.” The manager looked around and saw the five members are nodding their heads.

 

“Okay then. I guess it’s free time for you guys to rest and relax until Jaehwan and the remaining staff’s arrival tomorrow. I’ll inform further activity schedule via Hakyeon tomorrow night.” The manager gave N a slight nod as a sign of confirmation and the leader nodded back as an answer. 

 

“Oh by the way, this hotel got a private beach too.” He started again, “Just let me know if you want me to set up a barbecue by the beach. Consider it as a gift from the company for your hard work throughout this year.” The manager then turned his vision fully to N, “You take care of assigning the rooms, okay, Hakyeon? I have to go to the other hotel to check if everything’s sorted.”

 

N nodded again, “Okay, hyung.” And with that VIXX’s manager left the five members to decide the room arrangements.

 

Hyuk who looked very sleepy and tired after the long flight took initiative to give the older members his suggestion about the room arrangement, “How about the usual room arrangement? And since Jaehwannie hyung isn’t here yet, I’ll stay with Wonshik and Hongbin hyung for tonight until the other room made available. So that way you guys don’t have to re-pack your things and move to another room, I will.” Truth to be told, Hyuk wasn’t really concerned about moving room and re-packing his things, he just wanted to sleep for tonight because the long flight had really worn him out.

 

“I agree,” The rapper of the group answered, “No one usually stands sharing a room with me except for these two.” He said while pointing his finger to Hongbin and Hyuk standing aside him.

 

Everyone seemed to agree with the suggestion except for N who kept looking at Hongbin, trying to give the visual some sort of telepathic transmissions of thoughts. The younger failed to understand what the leader wanted though, he just kept tilting his head and gave his confused face to N. In the end the older gave up trying and instead, he voiced his opinion, “Uh, I’m…” He hesitated, “I want to share room with Hongbin if that’s okay.”

 

“Eh?” The visual was startled by the sudden request, because it’s very unusual for N to reject a suggestion of him sharing a room with his same-aged friend, Leo. Both N and Leo hated sharing a room with the other members because they said that the younger members are very noisy so they usually share a room with each other instead. Hongbin thought that reason was bull though.

 

Hongbin took a questioning glance at his own same-aged friend Ravi but the latter only shrugged. So in the end he just agreed, “Well, okay. I guess Taekwoon hyung had to stay with Wonshik and Sanghyuk then?” he asked the quiet vocalist who hadn’t let out a single voice ever since they arrived.

 

“Ng.” Leo nodded dismissively, although once they walked to each of their respective room, the vocalist could only stare at the back of the leader’s head.

 

———

 

This actually had been going for several weeks, where N would distance himself from Leo in almost all of their activities. N would chose to dote on either Hongbin or Hyuk when he usually would use any chance to bother Leo. When he’s not fussing over the maknaes, N would most likely to be consumed by his own thought, and this had made him becoming a lot quieter than his usual self. There were even times where N wouldn’t respond when someone talked to him or asked him something, which usually never happened. Though it looked like Hongbin was the only one noticing it, and it did make the visual wondered why the sudden change. Hongbin was just thankful that this recent change on their leader hadn’t directly effected their works. Though if it continued, he was sure it would start to have some effects, which he didn’t like the prospect of it at all. Besides, Hongbin also hated seeing his oldest hyung seemed so down like that when he’s usually the cheeriest out of them all. 

 

Both Hongbin and N went in to their shared room and immediately changed into something more comfortable. Hongbin noticed how the leader kept sighing while he was putting away his stuffs into the wardrobe.

 

‘Something really is wrong.’ Hongbin thought to himself. “Hyung,” The younger of the two then decided to call out, “Are you tired?”

 

Hongbin remembered how Bali is known for its beaches and how N loves beach and the sea very much. The visual reckoned the reason why N suddenly asked him to be his roommate was because the older wanted to talk to him, so maybe letting N to de-stress himself by looking at the calming sea beforehand would be a good thing to do.

 

As unlikely as it seemed, Hongbin was always N’s choice of person to talk to when he had something personal to talk or anything regarding the group to be discuss about. Well, after Leo, that is. Leo would be the the leader’s first choice, but there were times when N would chose Hongbin instead of Leo. And the visual reckoned that this was one of those times.

 

“Not really,” The older of the two answered. “I got plenty of sleep during the flight and in the car. I’m not that tired.” He paused, “I am kinda hungry though, I feel like snacking.” He answered while slumping on the bed, hugging himself and pouting. The action made the younger chuckled.

 

“Ey hyung, get up.” The dimpled visual grabbing the leader by his arm, forcing the older to stand up. “They got Starbucks downstairs, by the beach. We can buy something there to nibble and then go to enjoy the sea. How’s that?” Hongbin smiled cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows, “You’re buying!”

 

N shot a nasty look at his dongsaeng, “You brat.” With this Hongbin earned one neck chop before the leader continued, “Isn’t is late though?” N his phone screen and showed the younger the time, 9:14PM.

 

The dimpled visual gave the older an unimpressed expression, “You haven’t adjusted your phone’s timezone, dummy.” He took the phone from the leader’s hand and set it into the right timezone before showing it again to his hyung, “See? It’s only 7:14PM here.”

 

Realising his mistake, N laughed and took back his phone. “I forgot.” He simply answered while still giggling. He then put on his jacket, took his wallet and shoved it into his jacket’s pocket, “Well, let’s go then. It’s been awhile since we’re out together. My treat today.”

 

“Ooooh! Leader N isn’t refusing to treat me to things! Is this because of Bali’s air?” The younger teased N and laughed while also putting on his jacket. Then the both of them walked out the room towards the lift after Hongbin left a message on VIXX’s group chatroom,

 

We’re out to Starbucks, lemme know if you want anything. Hakyeon hyung’s buying! >:)

 

———

 

Hi! So it happened that I decided to divide this story into several chapters. I actually still don't know where this is going, but I'm having so much fun writing Chabin being best friends that I can't just let this idea go.