CHAPTER 4: Shocking Events

Emoticons

"Is something wrong, Sana" Mina asked while eyeing the girl curiously. Since they sat down on this cafe the younger one seems not on her right mind. She have something important to tell to the latter and as what she acts right now maybe just maybe it is not the right time for it.

Sana's been out of her mind lately since Tzuyu spoke those two words.

"I'm jealous"

"I'm jealous"

"I'm jealous"

Ruffling her hair is the only thing she could do right now. It's been two nights that she can't fall asleep properly because of those two ing words and those two ing words also hunt her in her sleep.

*Why does she said it ? Why ? Why ? Why---*

" Hey Sana" Mina uttered as she wave her hand in front of Sana to somehow pull her out of her reverie. And she succeeded.

"Yeah?" Sana asked absentmindedly.

"I said if you are okay? You've been spacing out. Is there a problem? "

"I'm jealous" shocked could be seen on her face as she accidentally muttered those two ing words. She then immediately covered afraid that those will be muttered again.

"E-eh? You're jealous about what?" Mina can't also hide her shocked face mixed with curiousness as she heard about the latter's unusual outburst.

"Oh don't mind that I was just practicing my lines on our play" Sana lied trying to make her voice sound believable. She's happy that she could think of an excuse although it is already so cliché.

"Ohh okay." Mina muttered but then she still eyed the blonde girl curiously. On the other hand, Sana's been playing with her shake not even minding that she's making fun of her own self in front of her c-crush?.

The bell in the cafe chimed in indicating that a person entered. As Mina heard it and after confirming that it is the girl she waited she then wave her hand to get her attention. The shake is long forgotten as Sana focus her attention to the unfamiliar girl settling in front of her.

"Sana, I have something to tell you" Mina muttered while looking guiltily at the oblivious blonde-haired girl.

"I don't want to lie to you anymore and also I don't want to be unfair with this person beside me so..."

"Sana...meet my girlfriend, chaeyoung." She muttered bowing her head as guilt took over hair.

The news leave Sana dumbfounded. She can't even utter a word she just continuously diverted her gaze to the two girls in front of her. Her heart constricted due to sudden surge of feelings. Anger, hurt, sadness and even betrayal but then anger took over her. She can't even explain, she should have felt very hurt right? But then why is she feeling more anger towards the latter. Nothing works on her mind except the thought that Mina betrayed her. The thought of being sadden because her long time crush already have a girlfriend never even crossed her mind at that time.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you and I've realized that I shouldn't leave you in the dark anymore so I am saying this to you now." She apologized, trying to Sana's hand to somehow comfort the girl but before their hand touched...

"D-don't" Sana softly uttered but then the venom in her voice can be clearly heard, swatting the older girl's hand.

Chaeyoung and Mina flinched as they witnessed the unwelcoming gesture.

"I know that I should have told you about it soone---"

"You should have. Is it funny and enjoyable to toy with my feelings Mina-ssi?" She spat.

"N-no, of course not. I swear there is a reason for everything. It may sound ridiculous but I swear i didn't mean to hurt you." The pleading and sorry eyes stared through the now fuming girl. Sana clenched her fist tight because seriously, she didn't want to hear any of Mina's excuses right now. As much as she want to fled away to this whole scene but there is a part of her that still wants to know the truth.

"Tell me your reason then." She flatly said without breaking an eye contact with the latter.

Chaeyoung on the other hand, keeps on Mina's shoulder to ease the nervousness of her girlfriend. She too doesn't know the reason behind all of these. What she only knew is, about how the two meet again and how they contiously see each other. She of course is not okay with the idea but due to Mina's continuous pleading she agreed to it eventually but of course in one and obvious condition. Mina must make sure that she wouldn't fall in love with the other girl. In which she of course complied.

"I c-can't. I'm so sorry but I have promise someone and I c-can't b-break it." Mina said while looking down she can't bear seeing the expression on Sana's face. She really felt guilty.

"I guess there's no reason for me to stay then. Bye" she hurriedly replied as she gathered her things and soon stormed out of the cafe.

The two girls left dumbfounded. They can't move even an inch. Mina can feel her heart breaking, although the two just spend so little time with each other but since she first met the girl she's already aware of the fact that Sana have a specific place on her heart. Even if it's not romantically. So seeing the girl so broken awhile ago she just can't stand it. She even wants to say the truth already but she knows that she is not the right person to tell it. She just hopes that it is not too late to fix everything up.

______

Sana absentmindedly bite her pen as she try to listen to the teacher's lecture but not even a word registered on her mind. She even already reminded herself about listening because this particular english teacher of hers is quite terror- or maybe let's erase the quite. This teacher of hers is really terror. But although she's so determined to listen she just can't. After everything that has happened nothing really keeps her sane. Everytime she thought about Mina's lie and most importantly Tzuyu's last two words with her, her already confuse mind would literally go haywire.

"Minatozaki! Who told you to zone out in my class?!! It doesn't mean you are one of the achievers you are allowed to act all mighty blah blah blah" Her teacher scolded.

Sana felt really nervous. She can't help but to fiddle with her fingers as she sat up while bowing her head. Although the words being uttered were just a gust of wind for her that only passes through her one ear then exits to the other,the mere voice of her teacher can already weaken her knees due to embarrassment and nervousness. She is sure that her teacher's voice reverberated through the whole classroom because of her really loud voice so she just can't help ducking her head, praying that the whole ground would just eat her up to escape all of these.

"Now answer the question in front or else you'll stay after class to clean the gym! It isn't so convenient right? So better do your best and get your here! Faster!" Her teacher shout again gesturing for her to get in front. Wearing a smug smile on her face, Ms. Kim confidently look at her getting in front. Probably sure that she can't answer the question.

* The heck with this question? What's with these academic and professional writing?! Aish! I should have listen! Sue you Chou!* she thought as she scratch her head hoping to get answers by doing so. Unfortunately, nothing came up except the words...

"I'm jealous"

"Aish! I really hate you!" Oops. She abruptly cupped but it's already too late, the words already slipped out of her clumsy mouth.

Sana immediately face her teacher wearing a horrified look. She opened to say that it isn't for her teacher but for her so called bestfriend who is currently looking outside not even paying attention to her. But Ms. Kim beat her to it.

"What did you just say?!!! So you hate me now?!!! Okay then, don't mind the question you'll have to clean the gym after class!! " the teacher's nostrils are flaring Sana could even see the smoke coming out of Ms. Kim's ears and nose. She just sighed  dejectedly. She's quite thankful that the punishment is just like this.

" And guess what to those who hold a grudge on Minatozaki you are allowed to trash the gym in any way you want. Don't worry our Sana here would take care of everything. " she added while smirking at the girl who had just her both eyes bulged out.

Whaattttt !??

She sighed for the umpteenth time that day. Her classmates whistle and some other yelled a "whooo!" And that's the time she knew she really ed up.

"All of you shut up or else you're accompanying her!!" The people inside shut their mouths in a second. Not even a word have been spoken since then. Some of her classmates look at her while smirking. Some pity her while the others are just simply not minding anything and that includes the reason for all of these. Chou Tzuyu. Sana can't help but to scoffed at her so-called bestfriend. She still look outside probably having an interest to stare at those old trees again.

"How dare she?!! Okay continue on what you are doing Chou!! Let us see"  Sana mentally threathen.

Unbeknownst to her Tzuyu have been actually thinking on how to help her.

* Okay the situation she is currently in cannot be helped but I guess this could help her* a lopsided grin plastered on her face as she put her headphones on and loudly hummed to a song.

"You can call me monster. I'm creeping in your heart babe~~" she sang as she do some hand gestures to compliment the tune.

Everybody look at her shockingly. You can hear someone gasp as the very fuming Ms. Kim walk towards the origin of another chaos. She angrily ripped out the earphones plugged in Tzuyu's ears and shouted...

" What is theseee?!!! Are we on some sort of audition huhhh?!! Chou Tzuyu ?!!!"Some of her classmates giggle due to the funny remarks, although it isn't intended to be funny.

Tzuyu look at Ms. Kim apologetically (sort of) and immediately put her earphones and phone to her bag. She then smile sheepishly as she uttered a soft 'sorry'.

"You ask for this!! Accompany Sana then on cleaning the gym!!" Her teacher shouted again and again.

But then even before the teacher could gain her composure another aftershock had occured.

"Cheer up beybehh!! Cheer up beybehh!!" Nayeon sings as she her phone's speaker. And again shocked eyes stared at her.

"Seriouslyyyy!!! What's with all of you todaaayyyy?!!!!" Ms. Kim frustratingly shouted. Her voice soar tens of decibels high. The students then laughingly put their hand on their ears trying to block the sound. But they continuously stole glances at the face of Ms. Kim finding it really funny. They should be scared by now but then they can't help but to find the situation really funny and entertaining. Thanks to the two clowns, Nayeon and Tzuyu. They don't know what comes to the minds of the both of them to do such acts. Everyone is clueless except the one who first embarrassed herself. Because as she locked eyes with the two, both of them gave her a grin and a wink.

* These two seriously haha. Thanks* Sana thought trying to suppress her laugh. Of course she doesn't want to have another round with Ms. Kim. And what if it isn't just the gym this time but the whole campus. That's why she just happily stay quiet.

~KRIIIINNNGG!! KRINNNGGGG!!~

"THE THREE OF YOU TO THE GYM NOW!!! PLUS TEN POINTS TO THOSE STUDENTS WHO WILL THRASH THE GYM!!! "

Uh. Ohh.

The three of them then mentally prepared for a blooded and sweaty battle.

 ________

Three almost lifeless bodies slumped on the court's cold hard floor. Panting heavily and bodies covered with sweat. Almost three hours of cleaning draws all the energy out of their body.

Amidst the silence Sana spoke...

"Thanks" she softly muttered still trying to normalize her breathing.

She then diverted her gaze to the two bodies beside her, looking at them gratefully.

It's obvious to her that the two pull those acts to somehow help her and she's very thankful for that. She even felt sorry for Tzuyu for thinking so bad about her.

"It's okay. What are friends are for, right? By the way I got to go. I am meeting someone, byeee !! " Nayeon sheepishly replied flashing her bunny smile. After hearing the latter's reply Sana giggled while muttering a teasing "ayiiee" in which send the older girl to a blushing state.

Tzuyu though still remained silence she just put her hands over her eyes not even moving an inch. Sana even thought that she already fallen asleep. As the blonde-haired girl gaze at Tzuyu she can't help but to admire the girl's features. Although half of her face was covered by her hand, the sight can still mesmerize anyone who would look at it.

Dug. Dug. Dug. Dug.

Sana clasped her hand on her heart as she felt her hearbeat increasing. She immediately look at the ceiling afraid that her heart would burst if she will continue to stare at the younger girl.

*What the hell is happening? No. I'm just tired. Y-yeah that's it!!*

*I need to get out of here* she thought again.

At the sudden realization she immediately stood up but before it happen...

O.O > //O.O\\

Soft lips can be felt on her own. As Sana's eyes widely fluttered open due to the sudden act she caught a glimpse of Tzuyu closing her eyes while kissing her. She on the other hand can't even close her eyes due to shock. Sana just remained there not even moving an inch. Although it is just a plain kiss without movements involved it can still brought Sana to different heights. She surely can't think right now. All that's been running in her mind is that Tzuyu-her bestfriend is kissing her and how her heart pounded loudly as if it is going to go out of her ribcage due to its violent movements.

As Tzuyu felt Sana not reciprocating her kiss. She dejectedly parted their lips. Hurt can be clearly seen in her eyes. This time she can really assure that her feelings for the older girl will remain one-sided. That she's the only one who have feelings and not in a million years her feelings would be reciprocated.

"I-i'm s-sor-----*slap* " her apologized got cut off as she felt Sana's palm on her right cheek.

"I got to go" after the blonde-haired girl uttered those four words, she immediately ran out of the gym not even glancing back to Tzuyu. The reason she can't even see how devastated the younger girl is after her unverbal rejection and some sort of being disgusted action.

She sarcastically smiled to herself as she muttered...

"I'll forever be a loser when it comes to my sister huhh?"

______

After the incident the two still go on with their lives. The only difference is that they look like a corpse. They still smile but fake. They still laugh but empty. They talk occasionally but out of their minds. Nayeon who's in between her two friends tried to cheer up the two. She doesn't have any idea on what happened between Tzuyu and Sana that is why eventhough she really wanted to help she just couldn't because of that reason together with numerous ones. First, whenever Nayeon would make the two talk things out, they would get angry which lead again to another quarrel and another quarrel. Second,you cannot make the two to stay on the same place for an almost an hour. The two even transferred chairs just to stay away from each other as much as possible Sana on the left corner in front and Tzuyu on the right corner at the back. Whenever Nayeon would invite the two, they woud always replied with "Is Sana invited too?" or "Is Tzuyu going?" If the bunny girl said yes. The ending would be " Then I won't go then"

At times like these Nayeon would just frustratingly sigh every now and then.

It's their gym class and they have been tasked to have a friendly game in basketball for their performance task. Nayeon and Tzuyu on the same team. They been down by 12 points by their opposing team. And believe it or not it seems like Sana is going to be their MVP. Nayeon somehow confirmed a thought, that Sana maybe clumsy but when it comes to basketball she can play really good.

"Omo!! What to do Tzu?!! I can't bear to loose. My score on the last quiz was just 29 out of 50, we must really win this to save my grade on this subject." Nayeon mumbled hysterically. She clicked her tongue in frustration as Sana scored two points again.

The teacher whistled for a timeout to let the students have a time to rest and for the group B to think of strategy to put up a good play against the leading rival team.

"Whooo!! You're so great Minatozaki !! We will probably win this game!! " Nayeon's ears perked up as she heard the advance celebration of Sana's team. Of course they will probably win but then Nayeon is not the kind of girl to just give up like that. By hook or by crook.

"Aish!! What to do! What to do!" She mumbled to herself as she continue to pace back and forth.

*I need to stop Sana. That's the only way* she thought as she nervously bite her nails trying to think of a way.

Yeah. Tzuyu. 'Evil laugh' How can I never think of our Ace.

"Hey Tzu, it's time for you to enter the game" Nayeon said to Tzuyu while smirking evily.

"You know that I am not so good in playing this kind of game."

"I know but you can shoot and dribble right? "

"Kind of. Why?" Tzuyu asked hesitantly. Although she doesn't have any interest in basketball she still aim for the points that could be given by their teacher though. Because just like Nayeon she also scored low on their previous quiz, thanks to the squirrel lookalike girl who is already having a celebration party on the opposite side of the court together with her teammates.

"If the ball is on your hands then dribble it towards Sana. Remember,  no matter what just go towards Sana and believe me you can shoot easily."

"What kind of ridiculous idea is this Nayeon-unnie?!" Tzuyu asked to make sure that Nayeon said the right words she heard.

"Just trust me with this one. "

The game continued with them sticking to their plan. Nayeon even commanded their teammates to always pass the ball to Tzuyu if they want to win the game.

But up until now Tzuyu still doesn't listen to Nayeon's words for she just pass the ball back to her teammates while making sure that she keeps a safe distance between Sana and her.

"Ouch!!" She whined as Nayeon slap her back harshly. One of their teammates has been given two free throws so Nayeon still have a little time to scold Tzuyu.

"Yah!! Just do what I say pleaseeee!!!" Nayeon whispered harshly to the younger girl's ear.

"No." Tzuyu flatly answered.

"Seriously Tzuyu? Who's with you when your mourning for your love to Sa---" Nayeon muttered loudly but obviously she got cut off by Tzuyu's hand covering . She just smirked as she can feel that she will really succeed with this smart plan of hers. 'Evil laugh'

"Okay! Okay! Just shut up will you?!" Tzuyu said while sighing heavily.

After the last free throw the naughty game played soon after.

The audience can't believe what they are witnessing, Tzuyu smoothly make points as the MVP of the opposing team lost her confidence since Tzuyu's been always going on her way which leads her to always back away to distance herself. It continues up to the last minute of the game. The ball to be passed to Tzuyu- Tzuyu will dribble towards Sana- Sana backing away and Tzuyu scoring points. The squirrel lookalike girl can't even shoot the ball to the basket since Tzuyu enetered the game and due to it her teammates have already been having a hard time to concentrate on the game too. Which ends with...

"WHOOOO!! WE WIN THE GAME!! " Nayeon shrieked happily as she jumped and hug Tzuyu. The latter can't help but to also showcase a small smile upon witnessing her unnie's childish acts.

Sana on the other hand, grab the ball and...

"Ouch!! What the---"

"You are both so unfair!! Hmmpp!!" Sana angrily shouted after throwing the ball softly (even if she want to throw it hard she just can't) which landed on Tzuyu's back. Although it wasn't thrown harshly, a ball is still a ball so it still leaves an impact.

The two just giggle. Nayeon-because Sana's face looks really funny. Tzuyu-because Sana's angry face is cute. O///O.

______

After the game Sana immediately go back to their classroom to retrieve her phone. The game still leaves her devastated though. Not just because they lost the game but also on how her two friends team up with their bias plan just to defeat her.

She slumped on her desk feeling tired after the useless playing. As she closed her eyes a sudden thought came into her mind. She then retrieve her phone on her phone's pocket to call a certain someone.

She really need to know the truth no matter what. She's been thinking a lot lately to talk to Mina to force her to tell the truth but then she's been afraid that the truth she's been yearning to know might eventually hurt her.

*It's now or never* she determinedly thought as she dials Mina's number, the one she's been sending her whereabouts for the past years and not the number Mina's using after they meet each other again.

As the dialing tone beep a certain cellphone also rings. Sana doesn't mind the ringing cellphone as she focus her mind on calling Mina and what words would she say once the latter pick up. As the phone beeped indicating that her call was missed. She dialed again. And again whoever cellphone it is, rings again.

With her cellphone on her ear she walks towards the origin of the sound. Every step she make she can feel how her heart pounded loudly on her chest.

Step.

Step.

Step.

Step.

Step.

She can't believe anything. The same scenario awhile ago happened again. A missed call and the ringtone on this so familiar bag also stop.

She grab the cellphone on the bag's pocket and she can't believe her eyes as she saw her name as the caller ID.

Sana's Calling...

It displayed.

*What the hell is happening?!* Sana mentally asked. A confuse look plastered on her face. She doesn't have a clue on what the hell is happeing. She stay rooted not even moving an inch. She almost even dropped her own phone as the shock took over her whole body.

The door to the classroom opened and a certain someone entered while wiping her sweaty face.

With trembling hands and shocked face Sana slowly gaze upwards meeting the latter's gaze. She also stopped on her tracks as she noticed the thing that Sana has been holding on her trembling hands.

She mirrored the same expression Sana had.

"ing explain to me what the actual is happening!!!" Sana angrily shouted. She could not think of anything right now except for the fact that the two most important people in her life can deceive her like this.

"I-i..." The one in question stuttered. It is not her plan to be found out like this. Actually, lately she's been having a thought of confessing everything to Sana since she felt like she has nothing to loose anymore. She already know that they cannot be together no matter what.

"And don't even think of lying!! Tell me the truth Tzuyu!!" 

~~~to be continued~~~

A/N: I'm sorry for another cliffhanger again hehe. This chapter is quite long.  I can't stop myself from writing though because this chapter is really enjoyable for me to write and I also hope that it is also enjoyable for you to read ^_^. So, as of now you already know who that someone is from the previous chapters right? AHHAAHAH yeah it's Tzuyu ^_^ Who guessed it right ?  Btw, next chapter would be the last. I am not really planning on dragging this story. So up until chapter 5 it is.