- Day like no other -

Under the Gateway

Summer break. Finally. I have been waiting for these 8 weeks forever.

I packed my notes and pencils into my bag, went outside to tell my friends goodbye and ran to the schoolgate. My best friend Nari was already waiting.

Let me introduce her.

Lee Nari, the most popular girl in our school. Tall, blonde hair, blue eyes and what a body she got. I can’t complain about her at all. I’m lucky to have her, since i don’t have a lot of friends and to be best friends with the most popular girl in school, woah, don’t ask how i managed that. We just liked each other from the beginning.

„ What are we going to do 8 weeks long?“ Nari asked and kicked me out of my thoughts.

„I have no idea. I’m just so happy that we finally have a break. I can’t look at all the teachers anymore. Miss Kell was so happy today, because she knew she won’t see her students anymore.“ i laughed.

To your note, Miss Kell was a witch of a math teacher. She hardly lets anyone pass. I am sure she is making her little witch soups and lures little kids into her house.

We were walking down the road, when a car stopped by our side. The window went down and it was Nari’s father.

„Nari i have an important meeting this evening, you should go home and prepare yourself. Your mother is already home so come in. We need to leave for the flight.“ he said and Nari looked at me with a sad face. „Sorry Mirae, i guess we won’t go shopping today. Wait WHAT FLIGHT?!“ she yelled. „Didn’t i tell you? We are leaving Korea and going to Norway. My meeting is in Norway my dear. We will stay there a few weeks“

I just stood there, looking at my feet. Well this is awkward watching Nari fighting with her dad. „Nari, it’s okay. It’s important, so we can go shopping when you are back okay?“ She looked at me with her popular puppy-face. „ Are you sure?“ „Yes 100%, don’t worry. Just bring me something from Norway“ i winked and hugged her. She let out a sigh and sat into the car. There she goes. So what am i gonna do now?

I threw my backpack into the corner of my room and fell onto my bed. I am so tired i really could take a nap, which i did.

I woke up after few hours. It was middle of the night. Well lets get a snack. I put on my shoes and went downstairs, took my wallet, keys and went to the store nearby.

Another note

My mom died when i was younger, so my dad is taking care of me. He usually works really hard and sleeps at his workplace, so he is never home, but my dad still sends me lot of things. He once bought me a hamster so i wouldnt feel lonley at home. I love him a lot, he is really trying his best for our living.

As i went down the road to the market, i shivered a little, although its summer, the night are always cold.

At the market, i couldn’t really choose what to eat. Pizza, hamburger, ramen. RAMEN ! Oh yes ramen for sure. I took the chicken flavored one and took some soda as well, some snacks and a magazine (to read for my lazy days)

I took out my wallet and paid for my snacks and went out the market.

What a windy night.

Nari is really a lucky girl, she is on her way to Norway, while i’m here trying to protect all my snacks from falling out of my hands and protecting myself not to fly away. I’m jealous of her!

As i continued my walking, well if you can call it walking. It is basically taking two steps forward and three backwards. I took the shortest way home, through a little park, where i used to play when i was little.

Huh? I turned around, i swear i could hear a sound. I continued my „walking“. There. There it is again! If someone is following me, i will kick his , because i’m not in the mood to play around right now.

I turned around and saw ..

Nothing.

Gosh, Mirae you should stop with your kdramas. They are no good for you.

The wind was blowing so strong, that one of my chocolate puddings fell down and roll away.

„STOOOOP my pudding!“ I ran after it, but the wind was so strong that it litereally blew me away!

I hit myself at something. Maybe a pole or something.

I tried to look up and saw a DAMN tall man standing. Standing up real quick i saw that he was holding my pudding.

„Oh i am so sorry, my pudding flew away and i was chasing it and.. the wind was so strong.. i just.. i just couldnt stand it.. i am so so sorry“! i bowed and hoped he wouldnt be too mad.

Staring at me without any facial expressions.

His eyes are so cold.

„So ehm… thank you for picking up my pudding.“ i tried to take my pudding out of his hands, but he quickly threw it away.

„WHAT THE HELL?! Why did you throw away my pudding?!“

Is he insane??

He took a step closer, i took one step back.

OMG A CREEP.

He took one step closer again and again. I backed away until my back hit the pole of the swings. His gazed fixed on me. He came closer and closer until i felt his breath on my face.

Why can’t i move away? His eyes..are so beautiful.

WHAT WAIT NO Mirae are you crazy?! You can’t think about his eyes now.

He lifted his hand put it onto my forehead and everything went black.