Alternative ending

Wings (Oneshot)

 

Your heart started beating when headlight shone into your eyes. It was one sharp sound, before it all went wrong.

It was one last look you gave him, before everything out in front of your eyes and your body was rolling over the car front and your head hit the concrete.

There was blood everywhere. Sirens sounding through every corner as people gathered around you and a helpless boy called for help.

"Please! Call the ambulance! Please! Oh god, Y/N! Stay with me!" Jungkook half-cried and yelled. "Please...!" He begged, but you were already losing power to stay awake.

"Oh god, no!" He panicked, before he moved his hands to your arms and the same bright light you have seen earlier in the bathroom appeared. It felt warm and gentle, but sadly, his powers were not strong enough to heal your injuries.

His cries echoed to the back, your own conscious slipped away and the darkness engulfed you completely when everything went silent. 

....

 

It felt like some sort of thud, when you felt your head being pushed back to something soft and your whole head started to twist. There was something pressuring your head, and you had to try and open your eyes to see what it was. 

What seemed like glue sticking to your eyelids, you forced them open and looked around. You found yourself in a white room with a open window, allowing the summer breeze to come in and refresh the room. It was quiet, except for the little birds chirping from outside. 

You realized you were in the hospital from the sudden barge in of a nurse. Her eyes were widened and her jaw dropped. You being awake seemed like a shock to her, as she pressed the clipboard to her chest and went on to call for a doctor. It didn't take them long, before a whole group of doctors gathered in you and gawked at you as if you were an animal in the zoo.

"Miss Y/N, you are awake! How are you feeling?" One of them asked, as he walked over to check your eyes with his medical pen light. You moved your hands and sat up straight, seemingly comfortable in every position.

"I'm okay, I think?"

"Magnificent! Your voice is even stable!" He remarked, before  he scribbled something down on his clipboard. "Do you feel pain?" He continued, to which you frowned and shook your head.

"No, I don't feel any pain." You responded, to which the doctor rounded his eyes. "It's a miracle!" He responded, looking back at the others.

You cleared your throat and blinked at him. "What is?"

He looked back at you and gestured with his pencil towards your body. "This all! You recovered completely within two nights!"

"What? I have been asleep for two days?" You asked, and he nodded.

"From such an impact, we have estimated you to be in a coma for a whole week, at least. But somehow... your bones healed itself in a very rapid speed when we reached the site of accident. It was something we haven't seen before." He admitted. "It's a miracle!"

You opened your mouth to voice your disbelief, but then everything came back crashing in about the accident and to how Jungkook had tried to heal you. Of course, it must have been him!

"Oh..." You let out, before you turned silent and you looked around for him. He wasn't around, which was odd. Where did he go? Scanning the room through the curious gaze of the doctors, your eyes wandered down to a boy sitting next to your bed. He was extremely young and innocent. You didn't recall having any cousins or family members younger than you, so it was odd to see him. Especially as the others didn't seem to notice his presence. He had black hair and his big round eyes were focused on you, as he started to grin like a fool. He placed a finger on his lips and then shifted his gaze to the doctor.

Just like you, even if he was invisible, he and you felt uncomfortable and you quickly thought of a way to dismiss them so you could talk to him, but the problem was, you didn't even know how to lie yourself out of this.

"Erhm... I feel tired... C-Can I rest more?" You tried. It was weak, but at least it sounded legit for them to leave you alone. It was the least they could do, and like anticipated, they all nodded with concern and left the room, but not before ordering the nurses to give you you more CT and MRI scans. 

The door closed and you quickly turned around to the child in front of you. "What? Who are you? Why can't they see you? Are you lost? Do you know where Jungkook went? He has black hair and is tall. He-" You fired all your questions, hoping he would answer them all completely, but instead, he just blinked at you, which made you silent instantly. He didn't seem to understand anything at all, only that he was looking at you as if he trusted you. You narrowed your eyes and a crazy thought went through your mind. He did have familiar looks, could he be? 

"Jungkook?" You asked him, and still he didn't reply. The child grinned wider and showed his bunny teeth. Those familiar bunny like teeth and doe-eyes were strikingly similar to Jungkook. But if he was, why was he not responding to you? You rounded your eyes as he shrugged his small shoulders. Clasping his hands together, he yawned.

"I... sleep..." he let out. What the hell? Who is this kid?

He then rubbed with his small hands into his eyes, before he jumped down from his seat and rounded your bed. He then quickly grabbed onto what seemed nothing, but then a handsome face appeared in the room and a tall guy dressed in white clothes which made him look like some priest stood at the end of your bed, shocking you. His hands engulfed the boy's little hands as he kneeled down and his hair.

"Ah, you just blew my cover." He chuckled to the young boy. The boy grinned, before he clutched himself to his arm and tugged for his attention to you.

The guy stared at you, before he broke into a friendly smile. He had blonde hair and something in his aura told me he was an angel, instead of a priest. Like Jungkook, he was too good-looking to be human, but he already proved it by appearing out of nowhere. Would he, perhaps, be another guardian angel?

"Who are you?" You started, mesmerized by his appearance. 

"I am Jin, the head of all guardian angels." Even his voice was angelic. Not too high, not too low. Perfect enough to cast a relaxing effect on you. But you couldn't help but feel your heart clench together from anxiety. Why was the head of Guardian Angels here? Did Jungkook do something wrong? Or worse, was he here to take Jungkook from me, because he failed in protecting me? 

You blinked with your eyes and you nodded slowly. "A-Are you here to get Jungkook?... He isn't here."

Jin grinned wider, as his smile reached his eyes, making them sparkle. "Oh, but Jungkook is here."

Confused, you looked around another time. "He is? Then why can't I see him?" You asked, to which Jin chuckled in amusement. He turned his head down to the young boy, and then motioned to me. The young boy smiled as he let go of his hands and jumped onto the bed. Slowly, he crawled towards me and settled himself next to me, burying his head in the crook of my neck and hugging me.

"This is Jungkook, but in his 8-year old self."

You rounded your eyes and looked down at him. "H-How did this happen?" You asked shocked, slowly placing your hands on his back. "I-I mean, the Jungkook I know can't be this young."

Jin let out a sigh. "When an angel gets weak, they revert back to the age of 8 to preserve their power. I don't know if you are aware of it, but you almost died in that car accident if it was not for Jungkook, and what Jungkook did was, he sacrificed everything to save you, which turned himself into stardust. He didn't have any power left to revert back to his younger self." 

"He did what? B-But how is he able to be here then?" You said, and you felt your heart aching from his decision. Jungkook sacrificed himself, all because of me. It was all my fault. If I didn't run away from him, the car accident wouldn't have happened and he would still be with me. Why did he do such thing to save me? 

Tears formed in your eyes and you were on the verge of crying, until the little boy looked up at you and frowned with a pout.  However, Jin just said that this little boy is Jungkook? Does this mean that he somehow saved him? 

Jin chuckled, upon hearing my thoughts. "Yes, I granted him a permanent human body for his heroic act."

You shifted your gaze back to Jin. "He became human?" You looked down at the young Jungkook who had turned away his head. Jin nodded, but then a sigh followed, which made you concerned. "What's wrong?" You then asked. He tilted his head and then looked at Jungkook. 

"There is no guardian angel assigned to him, since he is not born naturally. It will be difficult for him to live his life, that's why I came today to ask you for a favor."

You blinked his eyes at him and nodded, while you tightened your grip on the young Jungkook. "Tell me."

"Please watch over Jungkook fondly on my behalf. Take care of him, protect him, until he is back to his old self and has regained all his memories."

"I can do that." You said smiling, as you felt the boy clutch himself tighter against you. But then you realized you have missed the real problem. "How long? How long will it take him to regain back his memories?" 

Jin tilted his head to look at Jungkook. "I don't know. It can take days, weeks, months, or even years. It depends how he grows as an individual."

"Oh... D-Does he know who I am?" 

Jin smiled. "Yes, he does. When I created his human body, I could feel a strong fondness for you in his stardust. Even now without his past memories, I can see he is very attached to you. There's also something remarkable about him. His angel powers aren't lost completely from his stardust, which allows him to grow faster. That's how I learned that everything will be okay as long as he is with you. I can't promise you, but I do believe it won't take long for him to be his old self again. You hold a special place in his heart. "

 

....

It's been one week since you were released from the hospital. Jungkook still looked  the same. He was still the shy and quiet 8 year-old Jin left you with. You didn't know if you were doing something wrong since Jin promised you that he would grow fast, yet nothing seemed to have changed about his appearance. But he did mention that it could take him weeks for something to happen. At first, the waiting did look easy to you, but as more time passes, you started to realize the loneliness, despite Jungkook being there. 

It felt like you were reverted back to your old situation, where no one would want to talk to you now that Jungkook was not by your side anymore. On top of that, rumors had started to spread about your reason of your stay in the hospital. 

"Hey! Suicide junkie!" They laughed again as your books fell on the ground and your shoulder was pushed back against your locker. A loud bang echoed through the hallway and some stopped in their tracks to look back at you. In front of you were two people standing with their arms crossed. They had a smirk on their faces and looked as if they were superior to you. 

Your heart hammered in your chest when you avoided their gaze and looked down at your books. You weren't even worried about your books, but more about the fact that they would lash out any moment when you make eye contact with them. Just like that, it's been 3 days in a row that they started again, and that one fear you had slowly seeped back into your heart. Your confidence had hit rock-bottom again and the only thing you wished at the moment was to not have your legs shake in fear for them to see. 

"Yah! I called you! You should respond!"

Your body shook as you were pushed harshly against the locker again. Your eyes flickered to the corner of your eyes to look at the bystanders. Some of them looked horrified, some of them disgusted, but no person would respond to the message you send with your eyes. They just proceeded with their stuff and then pretended not to see you. 

"Where did pretty boy go to? Couldn't he stand your face and went to change schools? I saw you at Zico's party! I heard from Nayeon that you got jealous by seeing Jungkook making out with another girl. And because of your stupid feelings you tried to commit suicide, looking all pitiful while trying to make Jungkook come back to you. Yah! Don't you think it's too selfish of you?!"

You frowned and clenched your fist. What do they know about?! You received a slap against your head and then, something snapped inside of you. Your face got heated, as you harshly pushed the person in front of you back, making her trip over her feet. 

"What do you know?! WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT ME TO JUDGE ME LIKE THAT?!!!" You screamed out in tears at them. The bottled up anger from the past days had finally exploded inside of you. You were so frustrated and sad that whatever you did at that moment felt right. Even if it made you look bad, you didn't care. 

The girl screamed underneath you as you punched her face, before being pushed back by her other friend. Your head bumped against the locker and you winced in pain. The one you attacked stood back up on her feet and walked over to you. She grabbed a big chunk of your hair and dragged you by it through the corridor. You wept and screamed in pain as the other person kicked you in your stomach. 

"ing junkie! The doctors should have left you dying! Your filthy existence is what makes this world so rotten!"

The very next moment you realized your surroundings, you were thrown and locked inside a small janitor room. Their laughs echoed behind the door, before the school bell rang and their steps hurried away from the door. You turned the doorknob and kicked the door, but nothing happened. You were locked in here again. Placing your hands in front of your eyes, you slowly let your tears slip down. Softly, you started to cry as you sat down on the edge of the mop bucket cart. Very softly, as you didn't want anyone to know how much you were hurting. Like always. 

It was at these moments you felt heartbroken. Even if Jungkook wasn't really gone, he wasn't the same person you wanted. Like you warned yourself, once you tasted the bliss of life, there was no turning back from how that little monster inside of you had grown greedy for happiness. You wanted Jungkook there to unlock you from that locker room, to protect you from those bullies or simply, just to comfort you. But he was just a kid now. He did not know anything of this world, yet. 

You were simply alone again. 

....

Two weeks went past and Jungkook still hadn't changed. Instead, he turned to be more needy and clingy, much to your dismay. Even if it was practically normal for a kid to act this way, it was hard for you to keep up, along with the bullying. You felt trapped. You were giving so much to others, and no one looked back to you. You were losing yourself into nothing. 

This caused you to become extremely moody and irritated, and it made you snap at the one person you thought you would never do.

His big doe eyed-eyes started to tear as he looked up at you. You just snapped at him and now guilt was crashing down on you. How could you get angry at him? 

His nose scrunched and his face contorted into sadness. Big tears slipped down his cheeks as he cried and let out loud sobs. You pressed your hand against your forehead and sighed. Great! You just made Jungkook cry. But the worse of them all was that you didn't even want to comfort him. You had enough of everything. Why did you even agree in taking care of him? You were useless. He was not growing with you and now all you can do was make him upset. 

When he took a step forward for comfort with his arms spread out, you stepped back and sighed. You couldn't handle him. You had enough. 

His cries got louder when you stepped away from him into the living room. You sat down on the couch and laid down to calm yourself. Everything was tiring and you just wished that someone could take care of you instead. Someone able to comfort you. It remembered you of the Jungkook who would lay in bed with you and open his arms for you to cuddle, or hold up chocolate whenever you felt sad. You just missed him, a lot. You wanted to love him, but it was not right for you to love an eight-year old. Nothing was right and it hurt. 

Soon, you noticed that the cries had stopped. It was quiet in the room and you wondered why. Raising your head from the pillow, you called for his name. There was no response and it made you concerned. He didn't run away, did he? Or worse, did something happen to him?

You sat up right and looked over the couch to the place he stood seconds ago. He wasn't there anymore. Where did he go?

The moment you put your feet down, you jumped when you noticed him sitting on the ground against the couch. He was biting his lip and slowly pouting, with his hand holding onto something that looked like his favorite snack. 

"Jungkook?"

He tilted his head and blinked with his doe-eyes at you. You could still notice tear stains around his eye area, but there was a weak smile on his face. Slowly, he stood up and walked over to you. Without saying anything, he nudged his favorite snack into your hand and took a step back looking guilty, as if he did something wrong. 

He just gave you his snack, which means he shared his snack with you. He never did it before. He never did it once when you were near him. Overwhelmed, your heart fluttered and tears started to spring into your eyes. Slowly, you broke into a smile and held out your arms for him. He broke into a smile too and ran into your arms. You lifted him up on your lap and embraced him. 

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I'm really sorry for getting mad at you." You muttered in his ear, before kissing the top of his head. Jungkook shook his head and hugged you closer. 

That moment, you guessed that everything was not as bad as you perceived, as long as Jungkook was here. 

That night, you watched a movie together and while you insisted Jungkook to go to sleep early, you were the one who fell asleep on the couch before the movie had played halfway. You were unaware of your surroundings, until the next morning came and you felt the warm sun seep in through the curtains. You rolled around and felt something moving next to you. Immediately, you eyes shot open as you were afraid that it would be Jungkook and you were suffocating him with your weight. That was, because you couldn't remember if you had put him in bed. 

Once your eyesight had cleared up, you noticed strands of black hair tickling your forehead as his breath your neck. His face was very up close and the first thing you noticed was how mature he looked. His button nose was more prominent and his jaw line more sharper. You immediately lifted your head and looked under the blankets. 

He had muscles, abs and a toned body. Then, he had...Oops! 

You quickly covered him as your cheeks blushed and you felt him stir in his sleep. Soon, his eyes opened and he looked at you with hooded eyes and a smile. "Good morning, Y/N." He murmured. You widened your eyes as his voice was much more lower than yesterday. 

"Jungkook?" You asked. He hummed a reply and sighed. 

"Did you sleep well?" He asked, raising his finger to your cheek. You leant into his touch, before you raised your hand to touch his cheek. 

"You have grown..." You whispered and he was chuckling from your reaction. He nodded and tilted his head. "Obviously, and you are still as pretty as yesterday."

You scrunched up your nose at how cringing he could be, before you leant closer to his face. "Do you remember everything?"

His eyes flickered from your lips back to your eyes as he nodded slowly again. "Yes. I'm glad you are alright."

You chuckled to yourself. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you down against his chest from under his blankets. This caused you to place one leg over his waist, but not before you accidentally touched something hard. You flushed immediately when Jungkook frowned and bit his lip. 

"Yah, is this how much you missed me?" he laughed and you quickly shook your head, letting out a relieved sigh that he was back again.  

"Why are you on the couch any way?" You laughed, but not before you could feel his hands tracing small circles on your back. You shivered from the ticklish feeling, before you leant in closer to listen to his heartbeat. 

"There's something called a growth spurt. Those clothes got too small for me, so I took them off." 

"Yeah, but what's with the m-morning wood? Do you need to pee?" You joked, to which he his lips and shook his head smirking. 

"Say... There's something I want to try ever since I got this human body." He started being all serious, to which he sat up right and urged you to look at him. You looked up at him, hopelessly drown in his brown eyes. Your heart fluttered at the sight of him being in front of you. 

"What is it?" You asked softly. 

"You. Me. Let's love each other." He smiled, flashing a cheeky smile and you gasped when you felt him grab you and replace you on his lap, feeling his hardness press against your clothed core. "I have been waiting so long for this moment."

You blushed and inched closer by wrapping your arms around his neck. "Then say the magic words..." You giggled and Jungkook smirked. He leaned closer with his head until both of your lips were only a few inches away. 

"I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Jungkook."

With that, he pressed his soft lips against yours and you tasted him. He was gentle and sweet, almost too out of this world. 

But who were you kidding, he was an angel before this all happened. Your guardian angel, who has loved and protected you your whole life and proceeded to do so by becoming your life long partner.

The End.