one

Not Really A Stranger

My sister was acting really strange today. She's being kind at me, and that was absolutely weird, because never in my life she would take me something to drink, without me asking. Hell, she never did what i asked, but not until now. Did she just hit her head? This situation was just plain weird. Her, staring at me while smiling and then she was humming happily. Did something just happen? I watched every her moves, while she was busy cleaning the room. I glanced at her strangely, then finally asked.

"Did you just hit your head or something?"

I heard deep stiffle laughs, as i turned my head, and realized that Jongin was here since god knows when. "She just got her scholarship, no wonder she acted like that." Jongin told me. I just nodded, not clearly listening. Wait. Did he just mention scholarship? My head was still processing what he said, then it hit me.

"Wait. You got the scholarship?!" I shrieked, and soon after that she laughed, then nodded happily. "Yes, i finally make it."

"Oh my god. Congratulations, sist." I hugged her happily. "Glad to know you made it. Mom and Dad will surely happy about this." I told her. We continued hugging each other like that, then swirled around the room, not caring that Jongin was still here.

"Wait. So, that means i will be alone in the apartment?" I asked worriedly. Well, just so you know, we lived by ourselves in our small apartment near Apgujeong, while my parents lived in Busan. We decided to leave Busan, because it was our decision, to leave by ourselves.

"I'm sorry, but you have to. I promise i will visit you once a week, babycakes." I cringed at the nickname, and sighed. I know, i am old enough to live by myself, but the thought of that did scare me a little. I imagined there will be no one who will wake me up, and someone who will remind my homework and stuff, because i'm a lazy yet forgetful person. And more worse, there won't be someone who will accompany me when i'm awake in the middle of the night. Well, that sounds scary. 

"It's not that. I mean, i will feel lonely." I mentally cringed at how fake i sounded, but i'm not going to admit that i'm scared or whatsover. That will makes Kim Seulgi teasing me for being such a scaredy-cat. And i have to prove her that i'm perfectly fine with it. 

"You can call Jongin if you want to. And he promised that he will be there for you whenever you need him." She smiled sweetly, while Jongin just scoffed at her answers. Kim Jongin said that? We're not even that close. He's just plain weird and i don't really interested talking to him. I bet she'd strangled him before he got here. 

"No. We're not even that close. That will be awkward- no. Super awkward, and that will be really weird." I said quietly, not wanting to be heard. It's not like i hate him, but i mean, we haven't really talked. We just exchange hi's when we met and he talked to me when he needed my sister and stuff. See, we're that close.

"He's not that bad, you know. You can depend on him. He's caring and helpful, even though he's stupid. But, he's okay. Like really." She convinced me once again. I know she's doing this because she felt guilty by leaving me all alone in this small apartment. Okay, just trust her this time and be a good girl. 

"Okay. I will try." I answered shortly, which she replied by engulfed me in a tight hug, and made me gasping for air. Since when she got so touchy and cheesy? Oh my god, i think i will have to survive with her new habit for some time.

---------------------------------------------

It was still three days before my sister finally move away, and here i am, still figuring out what should i prepare for living alone.Then, i decided to call Irene and Seungwan to go to my apartment, since my sister was going out. And soon after that, the two arrived with some snacks in their hands. How do they know i haven't eat lunch today? I thought, as i greet them with a smug smile on my face.

"Thanks for the snack guys, how do you know i'm hungry as ." I smiled, as the two just rolled their eyes.

"Be grateful since i will let you eat those snacks today. I'm not in the mood now." Irene said, as she threw the snacks to me. I quickly grabbed it while mumbled thanks.

"I bring you some lunches, just in case you haven't eat something more properly than ramen." Seungwan told me, as i replied with a smile.

Oh my god, what did i do to deserve someone like them?  I glanced at the two with a smile, and engulfed them in a group hug. "THANK YOU SO MUCH. OHMYGOD WHAT CAN I DO WITHOUT YOU GUYS?" They replied with a scoff, then Irene said,. "UH fuc-k. When was the last time you showered? You smell like " And that made me realized, i haven't showered in two days. Err, sorry.

"Oh sorry, i forgot to take shower this morning"

They quickly broke the hug, and I tried to hold my laughter after seeing their reaction.

***

“So, what’s the reason you called us?” Seungwan asked as I entered my room, still in my towel, just finished taking shower.

“Have I told you that my sister is going to move away because her scholarship?” I asked, while putting on my favourite pajamas.

“Sseul got the scholarship?! Oh my god, congrats.” Irene shocked, and smiled after that.

“And you haven’t told that, by the way.” Seungwan said after that, and I shrugged.

“Oh. I forgot then. So…... the problem is me. I have to live alone and until now I’m not ready to accept the fact.” I explained, as they nodded understandingly.

“Well, just accept it.” Seungwan answered shortly, and I just rolls at her answer.

“Why? You should be happy there’s no bear that will control you.” Irene smiled playfully.


”Ah, you two not helping. You know, i depend on her so much and even though she likes to order me around, she’s still patient with my lazyness and how I behave.” I sighed.

“Oh, so you’re scared about the fact that in a short time, she’s no longer here. And you’re worried that you can’t handle all the things you have to deal when you live alone, right?” Irene asked, and i nodded at her answer.

“Yeah, that. Shortly, I’m scared with the fact that I have to live by myself.” I sighed.

“You can ask us for help, though. It’s true it will be difficult at the beginning, but soon you will be used to it.” Seungwan smiled reassuringly.


”B-but you two were busy, and it’s not like you can help me all the time since you have your own things to deal with.” I pouted, and found the two smiled to me.

“We will try to save some time for you. And you, stop imagining things! It will be alright, I promise. You can do it, Sooyoungiee” Irene told, and somehow her words made me calm for a bit.

“And, stop calling me that, Bae Joohyun.”

"Okay, now let's just get this over with." Seungwan cheered.

******

I wrote down the list that i've made with Irene and Seungwan today, and checked once again if there's anything left. Now, let's see.

1. Make a daily schedule

2. Set up your alarm, at least an hour earlier than you usually wake up.

3. Start doing something by yourself

4. Learn to cook.

5. Try to save some money.

6. Don't forget to clean the apartment

7. Do all the things that written on above. Everyday.

It seemed simple, but why i feel scared just looking at the list. You can do it, Soo. You can do it. I mentally cheered up myself, then decided to stick the paper on the wall.

Okay, now let me just get some sleep before living my new life.

 


6132 characters, 1379 words.

** A/N

Yayy finally chapter one is up! I hope you enjoy it. And well, it's a bit short, but i'll try to make it longer in the next chapter.

Btw, HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYSS!!! ((i know i'm late))