truth or dare

Truth or Dare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

writers note: normally I write a writers not at the bottom but I just want to  make some things clear before you start reading

It's my first time writing in first person so if there are any mistakes, forgive I'm still learning! everything is red is Nari's thinking voice! Not sure how old people are on here and if I should rate it M for using minor swear words (, , )... yeah let me know lol.

-----------------------------

'Come one... I dared you.' I could hear the smirk in Jisoo's voice. That ! I refuse to give her any satisfaction by showing her my horror face so I stare blankly ahead at my worst nightmare. Our town cemetery.

This place is massive and separates the only two school in town. A middle school and high school. Who build schools next to cemeteries?

It's hard to remember when I started to hate this place. All I know is that every evening when I would walk home from middle school to home, I would run past it without looking at it. My mind would play tricks on me and hear people whispering. Horror movies had cursed my mind that if I were to look, some ghost would be looking back at me.

The last time I was close to this cemetery was my last day of middle school. From then on, the only time I had to pass it was when I had to go do groceries which was once a week when my mom had to work late. The high school was on the side of town where my house was so I didn't have to pass it anymore on my way to school. But still, I'm being forced to face my terror because of a stupid dare.

'Nari, you don't have to do this,' my best friend Yeseul grabs ahold of my arm as if she needed to hold me back. Being my friend since 7th grade she knows my distaste of this place.

'Yeah, Nari, you could forfeit,' I glare at Jisoo as she's smiling evilly at me.That nasty little... !

'No I'm fine, let go of me Yeseul,' I patted Yeseul's arm in reassurance.

I have to do this for my crippling reputation at high school. Jisoo knows a secret about me that I haven't told anyone, not even Yeseul. It would ruin me.
I can't believe I was so stupid to let, of all people, Jisoo find out. Jisoo is the typical popular queen of high school; she steals boyfriends and gets the smart kids to do her schoolwork.I used to be one of those smart kids until I stuck up for Yeseul, one of Jisoo's friends, when a boy was bullying her and made her cry. Soon I was brought into this elite school squad. Jisoo certainly didn't like losing Yeseul to me, and she been at me every since.


'All you have to do is survive until the morning,' Jisoo's voice slid through my ear. My phone glowed 3.01a.m.

'That's crazy. What is she going to do for that long, Jisoo?' Another girl, Sori, defended.

'I don't know. Walk around, talk to ghosts, hang out with the dead, maybe... make ooooout with them.' She smirks at me and I glare at her in return. I knew she dragged that word out on purpose.

Sori laughed at her joke but I knew the underlying meaning of her words. She was being so obvious with me. I'm glad that Sori is too damn ignorant to understand there was an actual meaning there.

Jisoo walks up to me and whispers, 'You would like that wouldn't you.'

I ignore her teasing smile.

'If you don't want to do this I could just tell everyone your little secret instead.' She winks at me.

'Forget about it, Jisoo. I'm going to do this, and after it, you will get off my back.' I grabbed the flashlight out of Yeseul's hand and walk through the gates of the cemetery.

My worst nightmare was now a reality just because I slipped up this morning.

------------------------------
*flashback*


This morning I had gotten to school early, no one was in sight. The sun was still coming up. But I always showed up to school early and for one reason.

Im Jaebum.

Yes, I wake up at the crack of dawn for a boy. He's the talk, dark and handsome, all girls dream about. But much, much darker. And by that I meant, he was mysterious, has his lip pierced, always wearing black and never talks to anyone. And before you go off thinking I have a hot secret thing going on with this guy... He actually hates me.

I have a crush on someone who hates me. I know, I know. Though, I've tried to get myself to stop thinking about him, but every time I look at him...

Like right now. He's leaning up against the bike rakes of our school, his lip ring shining in the dark. Im Jaebum wasn't like most of the guys at our school. I admired him for his differences. Most of the other guys at school here were jocks. And if you weren't a jock, you pretended to be badass delinquent. But he was a real one. Not a delinquent per se because I don't know him at all but that he was a real badass, that everyone knew. There was always a tough aura hanging around him. His strong jaw and mean glare ensured that people would always keep their distance. Another put-off is that he has a huge record for beating up people. I have never seen it in action, so I just assume, I hope, those are just rumors. There are a lot of rumors about him. One of them being that he is a vampire. Ridiculous, I know.

His eyes are what scared everyone, but they are what drew me in. I could stare at them all day. They are such a dark shade of brown, almost black, that it looks like his pupils are fully dilated

'We have a test today?!' the huge cry coming from a freshman walking passed me catches Jaebum's attention, leading him to catch me blankly staring at him from around the corner. Damnit. I couldn't move, like a deer caught in headlights. Right, when he met my gaze a tingling feeling went from my toes all the way to the top of my head and settling down in my stomach. I'm stuck. To embarrassed to move. Butterflies in my stomach and in a matter of seconds my face started to flush, making it more obvious to him that I was totally peeping. Please, ground, swallow me whole. Jaebum didn't look mad, but he didn't look happy either. Maybe... a little surprised? I couldn't tell. How long had we been looking at each other like this? It had to be less than a minute. His eyes flicked behind me and his demeanor changed. Jaebum's face showed disgust. He quickly picked up his black leather jacket and walked away.   "What is this that I'm looking at?' My heart stopped at that whiny, annoying voice of Jisoo. No. No. No.   'What are you talking about?' I easily brushed off her accusing glare.   'Don't try playing cool and coy with me. I saw the whole thing, Nari.'   'I... um...' Damn, I couldn't make this any worse for myself. Usually, I'm really good at handling what Jisoo dished at me, but being caught like this... I wasn't expecting it. As I was stuttering Jisoo's smile got brighter   'Poor thing has a crush on Jae-'   'Shut it!' I cut her off and looked around at the people walking into school. Eyes were on us as they walked past, and her big mouth was just about to give up my secret to the entire school.   'You really know how to pick 'em, Nari. I'm confused, though. Is it his lip ring or his satanic worshiping that got you hooked?' She looked pleased with herself that she had finally found something against me.   'You don't actually believe that, do you?' The kids in our town really worried me with the stories they came up with about people they didn't even know, Granted, I didn't know Jaebum any more than the next person, but really? Satanic worshiping?   'I mean, the whole school knows he's a freak. Wait until they hear that poor, innocent Nari is in love with Im Jaebum.' She let out a bark of evil laughter.   'You wouldn't!!!'   'ha! So you don't deny it. Interesting... okay. I won't tell anyone, but at Yeseul's annual truth or dare girl's night, you choose me to dare you.'   *end flashback* -------   It had to be at least 15 degrees colder in the cemetery than it was on the street. I pulled my jacket closer to my body and kept my eyes on where I was stepping. It would be my luck to fall into an open grave, by the way, this day is going, anything could happen. After a long night of running around town to complete outrageous dares, I just wanted to sleep already. Opting out of sitting on some dead guy, I huddled on the steps of a mausoleum for a bit while I looked around the graveyard, making sure no zombies would crawl out of their graves to eat my brain.   I heard the tapping of shoes on marble and immediately shined my flashlight at the door. After I assured myself that nothing was there, I felt a shiver run down my spine.   'Creepy...' I whined and reached for my cell to check the time.   'You're not supposed to be here.' a dee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter