Ditch

Me vs Kingkas: Wae Me?!

You yawned while walking down the sidewalk in chilly morning air. You barely sleep last night since you stayed up reading the book which you finished it already. You decided to leave early since you don’t want to face your appa and Kate. Plus, you want to check the necklace at the shop and hopefully you could buy it.

‘I need coffee…I want coffee…maybe I should buy a coffee…’ you rubbed your tired eyes and blinked few times. Your eyes landed on the shop and quickly check the window. The necklace is still there and you stared at it; feeling emotional. ‘Umma…’

Then your phone vibrated, you grabbed it from your jacket pocket. You swiped it open and read the message.

Song, Teia. You will be crease from exist.

You frowned at the message and shut it off and put your phone away. You didn’t care about this kind of message since you believe it’s a stupid prank. Your eyes soften at the necklace and glanced at the door. The signs say closed and you dropped your shoulders, ‘When will it open?’ you thought in frustrated.

“Yah, little princess.” You turned your head in confused and made a face. It’s the leader of Kingkas, JB.

 “What?” you grumbled at him as he smiles while holding his bag over his shoulder. JB stood by your side and glanced at the antique shop, “I was on my way to the bus stop and happened to saw you here.” He said. “What are you doing here? I would’ve known you live in this area…” JB glanced at you in curious.

You frowned, “I don’t live around here… I just…” you glanced at the necklace as you stop talking.

JB followed your eyes in curious what caught your interests. “You like that necklace?” he asked.

Your lips curl up a little, “It used to belong with my umma.” You pressed your hand on the glass with sad eyes, “I didn’t know it was here… and I want it back.” You whispered the last part but JB heard it.

You sighed softly, “Anyways, we better go. Don’t want to be late for school.” You said with a fake smile at JB.

He frowned at you in concerns and you turned around to walk. But JB grabbed your arm and turned you to face him. “Wanna ditch school today?” JB blurted it out.

You blinked owlishly at him. “Huh?” you gapped at him dumbly.

JB smiles in amused, “Let’s ditch it for today. You obviously not feeling well enough to get through the school. You probably end up get in trouble.” JB said and you blinked then glared. “Yah! I don’t get in trouble!” you grumbled.

JB raised his eyebrows at you in skeptics, “Really? Correct me if I’m wrong, you got yourself in trouble on your first day of school. You weren’t afraid to use the last word, even if it means you’ll use the cuss word. You also got detention. You were practically forced to be temporarily member for Yugyeom. You attracted to bad guys and were chased by it…” JB paused with charming smiles as you stared at him in stunned. “Sounds like to me, that you are quite trouble magnet.”

You huffed and looked away, “Anieyo. I ain’t trouble magnet.” You grumbled.

JB hummed, “Sure.” He doesn’t believe it for one second, “So, wanna ditch?” he asked once again.

You glanced at JB from the corner of your eyes. ‘Should I? He’s kind of right, I might not be able to make it through today… oh wae the hell not?’ you nodded your head and JB grinned.

“Great. I have an idea where we can do today.”

You raise your eyebrow at him in confused, “What?”

[][][][][]

“Basketball?” you deadpanned, “Your idea was a basketball, really?” you crossed your arms unamused.

JB has lead you to the park where it has basketball courts and he even brought his own ball from his bag. JB dribbled his basketball and threw it in the net. He catches his basketball and grinned at you, “Come on. It’ll be fun.” He said.

“Not interested.” You grumbled as you sat down on the bench. He walked to you with his basketball in his hands and leaned forward at you. You leaned back with narrowed eyes at him. “Are you afraid?” he grinned.

You scoffed, “I’m not afraid of the stupid basketball.” You said.

JB shakes his head, “Not of basketball… but that you’ll lose? I mean, it’s alright if you are, you are just a girl.” He leaned back with a shrugged and your jaw dropped at him.

“Excuse me?” you stood up and dropped your backpack down on the bench. “You are so going to regret for saying that.” You take off your jacket and rolled up your sleeves.

JB smiles cheekily as he dribbled his basketball while waiting for you. You stand front of him and JB turned to your left but tricked you and went to the right and ran for the net to shoot. His basketball got in and he grinned at him as you stared at him unamused. “Point one for me.” He said in smug.

You twitched in irritated at him and ran to him. JB dodged your hands from getting his basketball And JB shoot and scored. “Point two.” JB announced and you huffed as you didn’t give up until you get the basketball.

After JB scored five more points and you got none. You crossed your arms while grumbling. JB watches you in amused, “Come on little princess. I know you can get this.” He held up his basketball.

You glared at him in silent and he tilted his head. “Unless… you don’t know how to play?” he said softly.

 You flinched and looked away, “So what?” you grumbled once again.

JB blinked in surprised, “Really? I didn’t know. I assumed you might be able to have at least experience playing this game. It’s okay if you didn’t know how.” He walked toward you, “I can teach you.” He said with a smile.

You soften your glares and stared at his eyes, “Seriously?”

JB nodded his head. You stared at him then grabbed the basketball from his hands and ran past him. JB blinked in astonished and turned around slowly. You shoot the basketball and score. You turned around with a smirk in triumph, “I know how to play basketball.” You stick your tongue out childishly.

JB blinked couple of times then chuckled, “You can act. You can really act.” He was impressed and you shrugged your shoulders as you went to get the basketball. ‘Gotta act all nice and polite when you have sophisticated step-mother.’ You mused as you picked up the basketball and dribbled it easily.

“So, you can shoot the ball. But can you protect the basketball from me?” JB walked to you and you narrowed your eyes at him in suspicion. Just as he was about to grab it, you held onto with your back turned against his chest.

JB chuckled, “You can’t do that. It’s against the rule of basketball.” You wrinkled your nose, “So what? It’s not like we’re in basketball champion game. This is between us.” You said then smirked, “Grandpa.” You added with tease and walked forward to the net and shoot the basketball.

“Point two for me.” You grinned when you saw his shocked face. “G-g-grandpa?! Yah, I’m not old!” JB frowned and you shrugged your shoulders. “I don’t know… is that a grey hair I see?” you said as you gasped when you pointed at his hair.

JB reached for his hair with horror look on his face. You couldn’t help it but stifled your laugh. JB narrowed his eyes when he saw your shaking shoulder and your hand is covered your mouth. “You…you were messing with me?” you burst out laughing at his reaction.

JB shakes his head but smiles softly as he watches you laughing. ‘She’s laughing…that’s good.’ He thought.

After few minutes playing the basketball, you and JB sat on the bench in comfortable silence. He leaned back while twirling his basketball on his finger and you were cloud-gazing. Your eyes glanced at JB, “Thank you.” You whispered shyly. JB grinned as he stopped his basketball and set down on his lap. He glanced at you, “For what?”

You raise your eyebrow at him, “You know what.” You went back to cloud-gazing. JB chuckled and joined you for cloud-gazing.

[]Meanwhile[]

In the class of dance room, Mark was looking for you but you weren’t there and he glanced at Bambam and Yugyeom. They shrugged their shoulders, they don’t know where you are. Mark frowned, ‘Just where is she?’ he thought in concerned. 

A ballerina girl walked up to Mark with cute smiles on her face, “Oppa.” She said cutely. Mark mentally sighed and glanced at her in boredom.

The ballerina girl blushes, “Do you want to be my partner?” she said shyly.

Mark frowned, “Ah, sorry. I already have a partner.” He said uncaring that he hurt the girl’s feeling.

The ballerina girl frowns, “Who?” she almost demanded.

“I don’t see how that is your business.” Mark turned around and moved his spot away from the ballerina girl.

Bambam cringe when he watched Mark left coldly and felt bad for the ballerina girl. She huffed and walked away back to the corner of the room with bunch of other girls.

“Bambam!” Bambam flinched at the loud-mouth partner of his which is unfortunately.

Bambam fakes his smile at his partner, “Ye?” his partner pouted at him, “You didn’t pay attention to me.” She whined.

Bambam mentally sighed, ‘Because you only talked about stupid new brands of clothes and shoes.’ He thought in slight annoyed but he kept his patience. ‘Just couple of months…do this for grade. Do this for grade.’ He turned back his attention on his partner who seems very satisfied and chattering more. 

Yugyeom drank his water while he ignored his partner. ‘This class seems to be dull without her.’ He mused as he glanced around his dance class. He noticed few girls are giggled and waving at him. Yugyeom rolled his eyes, ‘I rather deal with pabo girl then bunch of stupid brainless fangirls.’ he hopes you’ll be here tomorrow. Not that he misses you or anything like that.

[][][][][]

You stared at JB with a face, “You want to what?” JB pointed at the claw machine, “I want to try that and give you one stuffed animal.” JB said as he examined the stuffed animals in the machine, “…That’s the one. I’m going to get that for you. It matches your face.” He said as he pointed at the specific stuffed animal.

You leaned forward and saw what he was pointed at. “How the hell does that match my face?” you felt slightly offended and glared at JB.

JB grinned at you and put his coin in and you rolled your eyes. “As if you can get that.” You huffed, ‘He wouldn’t get it.’

“Got it!”

You gapped at him as JB grabbed the stuffed animal from the box and handed it to you.

“Definitely looks like you.” JB said teasing at you.

You grabbed the stuffed animal and glared at him, “You are very rude grandpa!” you stomp away from him but didn’t throw away the stuffed animal. Instead you put in your bag and JB saw the whole thing which made him happy. He ran after you, “Yah, I’m not old!” he said happily.

After thirty minutes of walking and teasing. You and JB arrived at the antique shop and you panicked. “The necklace!” you noticed your umma’s necklace is gone from the display. You ran inside the shop followed by JB and you saw an old man scrubbing the old-fashioned pocket-watch.

“Excuse me?” you asked for his attention.

The old man paused and glanced at you, “Ye, can I help you?” he is curious what two high schoolers are doing in his shop.

“The necklace that was out at the display… where is it?” you fear for the possibilities answer.

“Ah… that necklace. It was already sold this morning.”

Your heart broke, “Oh…” you felt ashamed and regret. ‘…I’m so sorry umma… the necklace… is gone.’ You thought and walked out of the shop. JB quickly bowed at the old man and apologized for your behavior then left the shop. “Yah! Little princess!” JB called out to you but you ignored as you walked as fast as you could.

“Stop!”

 ‘Umma…’

Little princess! Seriously!”

‘I feel so horrible… I’m so sorry…’

“Slow down!”

‘It’s gone. I should’ve just stay and wait for the owner to come. I should’ve stay and then I would be able to buy that necklace back!’

 “Aish!”

‘Umma… I’m an awful horrible daughter! I shou-‘

“Song, Teia!” hands grabbed your shoulders and turned your face at him.

JB stared at you in concerned, “Talk to me.” He whispered in slight pleaded. You felt so horrible because you lost the necklace and you still couldn’t cry for your umma or the necklace. You are a horrible daughter. “I’m a horrible daughter.” You whispered and JB furrowed his eyebrows in confused.

“Wh-what? How can you be?” JB asked you and you scoffed. “You don’t know me. No one knows me.” You dropped his hands from your shoulders coldly.

JB frowned, “Let tell me. I want to know you. Your friends want to know you.” JB said.

You adjusted your backpack and stared at him, “My friends? If I remember right, my friends are in different school.” You said then turned your back and walked down the sidewalk.

JB dropped his shoulders, “Little princess… wae aren’t you open up to us?” JB mumbled as he ruffled his hair in tired manner.

[][][][][]

“You ditch school with little princess?” Jackson stared at JB in jealously. “Not cool man… not cool.” Jackson said in serious. Bambam and Youngjae nodded their head; agreed with Jackson.

JB rolled his eyes as he is standing front of his friends in Youngjae’s garage. Jinyoung smiles, “So that’s where you were. I was wondering what happened to you and the little princess.” He said.

Yugyeom is sitting on the stool while leaning on his crutch, “It’s not a good idea to ditch practice though. We have a week and a half until the dance competition. She needs all the practice as much as she can.” Yugyeom said and Mark is sitting next to Yugyeom in separate stool as he is staring at JB.

JB sighed, “I know. I know we shouldn’t risk that but… she won’t be able to make it through today. She was… is upset.” JB said as he thought how you reacted with the necklace that was gone from the display.

Bambam leaned forward in worried, “Is nuna okay?”

JB rubbed the back of his neck, “Honestly, I don’t know. I can tell she was clearly upset but I don’t know how much.”

Jackson raise his one eyebrow, “Wae was she upset about?”

“The necklace. It used to be her umma’s.” JB furrowed his eyebrows, “…and when she found out that necklace was already sold this morning. She just left the shop and I caught her before she could start run. She said she was a horrible daughter.” JB explained the situation and all the members were quiet.

Mark glanced down at his phone in his hands, ‘…should I call her?’ he mused.

[]Meanwhile[]

“That .” A voice hissed underneath the light blub swing shift back and forth. A small group gathered around the desk as they were watching the video from the smartphone where you and JB were playing basketball.

“Not only that unni… look.” A hand reach to the smartphone and swiped the screen. It’s a picture of JB giving you a stuffed animal with smiles on his face and you were gapped at him.

“It’s almost like they are on a date unni!” one of the girl cried with jealously.

“Shhh… soon, at New Year, she will be gone. Don’t worry girls… I have my sources. It’s going to take time but she will be gone.” Then another hand slammed down on the desk and slid away. It was a photo of you standing behind the school building with your hands in pockets; waiting. “…my sources will be familiar with her soon. Her home location, her secrets, her backgrounds, and everything about this girl’s life… then we’ll start a real plan from there.” A group of voices started to laughed with excitement and hopes.