final

weak icicles

Jungkook slammed his face down on the table, and Taehyung winced for him.

“Ouch, jeez, Kook, what’s up with you?”

Jungkook simply replied with some groaning, his arms reaching out in front of him on the table. Taehyung moved his lunch away so that Jungkook didn’t accidentally knock it over.

“Kook? You good? Did your teachers yell at you again or something?”

Jungkook turned his face to look Taehyung right in the eye, and Taehyung swore it sent shivers down his spine.

God, he needed to stop having the urge to be ed by his best friend.

Taehyung shook his head, bringing his face down so that it was level with Jungkook’s, even going so far to turn his head so that they were looking right into each other’s eyes.

“Do you need me to do something, Kookie? I may not know what the situation is, but all the teachers love me, so I’ll be sure to clear your name. There are perks to being friends with grade twelves, you know! I remember when I was in grade ten… Ah, good times.”

Jungkook just snorted and pushed Taehyung’s face away, a stupid grin on his face.

“Shut up, you idiot. And no, none of my teachers yelled at me. Soccer coach just sent us a text saying we had practice tomorrow morning, though, so I’m not looking forward to that.”

Taehyung hummed sadly, running his fingers through Jungkook’s hair. Jungkook simply closed his eyes, letting the feeling lull him.

“Sorry I won’t be able to walk to school with you tomorrow, Tae. I really wish I could.”

Taehyung simply shrugged his shoulders, pushing himself off from the surface of the table.

“No, it’s okay, Kook. I hope you have fun at your practice tomorrow, but something tells me that you’re not gonna love dribbling the ball at the crack of o’clock.”

Jungkook smiled, turning his face so that his nose was right against the polished table, his lips pressed together gently.

“Why’d you have to go and quit the team, Tae? It’s not as fun with you, even if Jimin’s still there to trip Yoongi every time he goes to shoot. Why’d Yoongi even offer to come back, anyway? He graduated two years ago, but no. He decided to help us out on the team. He’s stupid, you know?”

Taehyung hit Jungkook across the head.

“You’re stupid, you know? And besides, I’m graduating this year, Jungkookie! I don’t have time for clubs! I need to focus on my studies!”

Jungkook snorted.

“Yeah, like that’s ever done anything for you before.”

Taehyung yelled and punched Jungkook in the arm, eliciting a cry from Jungkook who quickly shot straight up and grabbed onto the sore spot.

“Yah! Taehyung! That hurt!”

Taehyung pouted.

“Then don’t insult my skills! I will have you know, I have the highest mark in many of my classes. Most people would be jealous to have my grades.”

Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

“Let me guess. Are those classes your two spares and your drama class? Because your acting skills are top notch right now. And who are these people who would be jealous of your grades? How and why do they exist?”

Taehyung crossed his arms over his chest, his cheeks puffed out and his bottom lip pushed out as far as it could go. Why the hell did he like this prick?

“Jungkookie’s just a mean little jealous who can’t accept the fact that I’m better than him at something.”

Jungkook smiled, his lips parting and his bunny teeth peeking through.

“You caught me. Yep, I’m a mean little jealous . I’ve been exposed.”

Ah, Taehyung thought to himself as his eyes lingered a little too long on Jungkook’s plump lips. This was why he liked Jungkook.

And he didn’t think he’d ever get over it.

Jungkook snapped in his face.

“Hello? Earth to Taehyung? Are you good? You looked like you were seeing right through me. Wait, you can’t do that, right? Because I mean, you can turn invisible and , but can you do it to me? Wait, last week, didn’t Jimin yell at you because you turned him invisible while he was doing a test? , then did you actually just turn me invisible? Am I still invisible? Can anyone see me? Am I visible? Tae, no! I need to be seen!”

Taehyung hit Jungkook lightly, shutting him up.

“No, you idiot. God, I didn’t turn you invisible or anything. I literally just spaced out. And how did you know about that thing with Jimin? I promised that he wouldn’t tell anyone! Why do you know?”

Jungkook just shrugged, leaning back in his chair.

“Word gets around quick in these parts, Tae. I’m not gonna say that Jimin told me, I’m not gonna say he didn’t. Who knows where I got the info?”

Taehyung rolled his eyes, now his turn to lie on the table.

“It doesn’t matter anyway. About my powers, though, they’re not that great, Jungkookie.”

Jungkook bit down on his bottom lip, and Taehyung knew the next question that was about to leave those sinful lips.

"If it’s not the great, then why do you get to be invisible but I'm stuck with–"

"Your weak icicles?"

Jungkook glared at Taehyung, and Taehyung swore, if he didn't know Jungkook personally, he would have believed if the boy had the power of fire.

That stare was short but strong, and Jungkook simply rolled his eyes after.

"Yes, yes. My weak icicles, as you so love to call them. It's literally only because I don't try to improve them, though. See, you use your invisibility all the time. I don't get how the school hasn't kicked you out yet. Jimin goes and, like, target practices after school to calibrate his lasers or some , Namjoon teleports Jin to places like Dubai so Jin can get the best stuff, Seokjin doesn't even need a super power since he's so handsome, but hypnotization comes in really handy sometimes. Then there's Hoseok and Yoongi. I can't even be compared to Hoseok. The guy spent his entire school career working on his powers. He's literally so strong. He could probably lift me up by looking at me, he's trained so hard. Yoongi is even worse! The guy never moves! He was given the perfect power, telekinesis! Never needs to lift up another finger, and he does it so often. I seriously don’t understand why he’s helping the soccer team. Me? Why do I ever need to shoot icicles? What will it do for me?"

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders, ruffling Jungkook's hair.

"I don't know, Kookie, but I'm sure you'll use it someday. Maybe at least try to train yourself a bit? Go with Jiminnie one day to target practice. Get him to help you with your aim and stuff like that."

Jungkook pouted and scrunched his nose up in distaste, flattening the strands of his hair that now stood upright.

"I guess. I'll check later, maybe. Lunch is almost over, Tae. I'm going to head to math. I'll see you after school? You don't have rehearsal for the play, right?"

Taehyung shook his head.

"Nah, last performance was last night. We're free for a few weeks, so you're stuck with me for a bit, Jungkookie!"

He grinned widely and Jungkook smiled back shyly, nodding his head.

"Okay, well, see you later, then!"

And Taehyung watched as Jungkook gathered his stuff, waving a final time before he ran off to the direction of the math hall.

Taehyung fell back on the table again.

“Why do I do this to myself?”


Taehyung stood outside the gym doors, his phone in his hand and his bag on his back. He wasn’t sure he was allowed in the gym (he doesn’t have gym class, he doesn’t do any sports, he just generally stays away from the gym whenever he can), but he wasn’t sure what was taking Jungkook so long considering school ended ten minutes ago.

Taehyung took a deep breath and made himself invisible, checking his phone and his bag to make sure that they had turned as well. With a final glance at the clock, he slipped into the gym, surprised to find it completely empty.

He walked forward a bit hesitantly, his eyes shifting back and forth as if trying to dare someone to come out.

There was no one else in the room, however, and he called out just to make sure.

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

Silence followed, so Taehyung scurried into the change room to see why Jungkook was taking so long, and if the reason was because he was, well, dead.

The door creaked open and Taehyung cringed inside, forcing himself to fit through the smallest crack possible. He took the stairs down into the change room, surprised to see urinals sitting there. His face was filled with astonishment at how large the change rooms were.

It was almost like he’d never been in there or something.

Oh, wait.

Taehyung grinned and silently slapped himself on the knee, amused by his own terrible sense of humour. He shook his head with laughter, gathering himself together to continue down into the large change room.

Sitting on a bench, Taehyung noticed Jungkook’s clothes, and immediately the worst thing came to mind.

What if he’s having and I just walked in on him?

Taehyung’s eyes widened and his heart broke a little as he spun around wildly, his phone slowly slipping out of his hold. The thought wouldn’t leave his mind and he started blushing a little as images flitted behind his eyelids, sounds making themselves up in his ears.

He screamed and covered his ears, dropping his phone with a loud smash against the floor.

The sound or a shower turning off resonated throughout the change room, and Jungkook ran into the area wearing nothing and water dripping off his body like a male model in a shampoo commercial. His eyes were narrowed as he tried to find whoever it was that just made that noise, taking gentle steps around.

“Who the is there? Come out right now and I might not kill you.”

Taehyung swore to himself and shielded his eyes, but gently peeked out of them to watch Jungkook step around like an idiot.

His eyes locked onto the way Jungkook’s leg muscles contracted with every step he took, the way his feet stretched across the ground in a confident way, the way he held his arms out with no fear visible in his eyes.

Taehyung also found it really funny that Jungkook was slithering around like a ninja all while being completely , and he let out a little snort.

Icicles were immediately shot in his direction, the small beacons of frozen water hitting Taehyung lightly and doing almost no damage. He had to cover his mouth to stop himself from laughing, but very quickly it wasn’t funny anymore and the icicles really started to hurt him.

Doing his best not to cry out in pain, Taehyung blocked the icicles with his hands, then belatedly noticing that his phone was scattered across the floor.

“.”

Jungkook’s eyes shot open and he stopped shooting his icicles, Taehyung slowly materializing as he bent down to pick up the pieces of his phone that laid shattered against the tiles. No one said anything, Jungkook out of pure shock, Taehyung preoccupied with picking up the remnants of his sad, broken phone.

“Taehyung?” Jungkook whispered, his hand coming over his mouth. He wasn’t loud enough, though, Taehyung still trying to gather his phone together and not realizing that the onslaught of icicles had ceased.

“. My phone.”

Jungkook blinked a few times, the whole situation finally forming in his head.

“Wait, Taehyung? Wait.”

Taehyung froze, finally hearing Jungkook’s voice. He scooped all the parts he could find into his hands, standing straight up and looking Jungkook right in the eye.

“Hi. Jungkook. Yeah. You’re– Yeah. You have gym here, yeah. Forgot. Well, I didn’t forget, but yeah.”

“Did you seriously sneak in here while I was showering only to drop your phone and give yourself away? Because you are stupid, if you did. And what the hell? I was showering!”

Taehyung blanked, his eyes trailing down to where Jungkook was still lacking any clothing, and his eyes darted back up and his face burned bright red.

“Um, I mean, I guess that’s what happened? Yes? For lack of a better explanation, yes, that is indeed what I did. I think. Yes.”

Jungkook shot Taehyung right between his eyebrows, small crystals of ice falling into Taehyung’s eyebrows.

"Taehyung! What the hell?"

Taehyung rubbed the spot, his heart lurching into his throat and his mouth drier than a desert.

"I'm sorry! I just wanted to surprise you and I didn't think that you'd be showering or completely to be honest I wanted to know why you hadn’t come out yet because maybe you were dead so the last thing I expected was for you to be like this standing here stark but no here you are and now I don't really know what to do because you're really ing hot and that's so totally ironic because you can shoot ice which by the way is a lot less weak than I thought it was like have you actually secretly been practicing or has it always been like this so yeah it's not weak anymore at all but the part still applies because holy you have a nice and actually you're just really cute and really hot in general and why did I just say that I literally basically just confessed my huge crush on you– nope– there it goes right there oh my god why am I still talking–"

And Taehyung finally managed to stop speaking a million miles an hour when he noticed Jungkook's face, red spreading across his cheeks as he slowly grabbed a towel and covered himself.

"Oh. You're covering your ."

Taehyung was shot with another icicle.

Jungkook, still red and covering his , shifted his weight from foot to foot, water dripping from his hair.

“That was… terrible. Awful explanation. The worst thing ever.”

Jungkook nodded a few times and Taehyung just stared at the ground, his lips pursed and he bit down on the inside of his bottom lip.

“Yeah, I know. I’m sorry.”

Jungkook shook his head this time, making Taehyung look back up.

"No! I mean, well, yeah, you shouldn’t ever do this ever again, but um, Taehyung, so, if I'm getting this right, you... have a crush on me?"

Taehyung's eyes widened and it was his turn to flush red, slowly turning himself invisible again as he sank into the wall.

"Maybe, maybe that's just what I said, maybe it isn't. I guess we'll never know, haha, I have to go, Jungkook-"

"No! Wait! I mean, well, if you do like me, then-"

Jungkook cut himself off, fanning himself and pressing his hand against his cheek in an attempt to stop himself from burning up so much.

"If you do like me, then, would you like to go out on a date?"

He squeaked the last part out, and the two of them just stared at each other for a minute, faces completely flushed and happiness flying through the air.

Taehyung choked out an answer, unable to gain control over his voice.

"S-sure, yeah, I'd really like that."

Jungkook nodded, a smile playing on his lips.

"Yeah, me too."


"Please put some clothes on, Jungkook."

"Oh, shut up. Don't pretend like you weren't just checking me out. What kind of friend does that?"

"Only the best kind!"