One last time, I love you>>

One last time. I love you >>

"Hooo..." He exhaled his warm breath into his gloved hands. He was standing outside in the cold. Waiting and waiting. He didn't like cold weather, yet he stood there not moving an inch. Infront of the younger's frontdoor. He gathered all his courage and and softly knocked the door. He putted his hands together rubbing them to draw some heat.  He looked at his palms a feeling of nostalgy filled him inside. This pair of gloves he wore was his favorite not because the were expensive neither because they kept his hands warm, this pair was her first gift. The first gift she ever gave him was a pair of handmade gloves. To finish them she had stayed awake for four to five days. They were a little clumssy made well it was her first time making anything handknit and it was only for him that she made so of course he didn't mind. He stopped daydreaming when footsteps were heard from the apartment.

A young girl opened the door. She looked a little surprised to see him. The boy smiled at her.

"How is your new life going?" Asked the boy.

"As I have told you, the same old same! Enough about me how about you Mark?" Asked the girl as she scaned Mark from heat to toe.

"I missed you, but I'm okay now that I saw you are doing fine!  "  Said happily Mark

"Come inside, it's cold outside right?!" said the girl as she gestured Mark to walk inside.

Before Mark could ansewer her. An older male joined them.

"Sweety, did you sleep well?" Asked the male as he kissed the girl on her rozy lips, making her blush.

"Sorry did I wake you up honey?" Questioned the lovable girl.

"No I was awake for a long time now!" Said the boy as he hugged her from behind. He then saw a figure standing infront of him.
"Good evening,Yu fan" greeted Mark as he faked a smile.

"Oh! Long time no see! Why are you standing there? Why don't you come inside? I will brew some fresh coffee for us to drink" Said the hostly man

"No, it's alright.I came here briefly from my work place. I have to return soon! Or I will get a good scrolling from my superior" Lied mark.

The reason he lied was obvious. He didn't have the courage to go inside and see how good their relationship was. He was afraid. Once again he couldn't say anything at a critical time, he couldn't act nor he could run away even though he wanted to.

"Alright, but you have to come again or let's just get together sometime to talk some more! Of course when you're free from work!" Said Kris.

"Okay! I promise you." he told the older boy

"Ah! Nora, you better get inside soon! It's cold out here and it's a critical time now!" Said loudly Kris

Nora was three years younger than Mark and also pregnant to her very first child. She had straight hair that curled at the ends, brown hazel like eyes that were always smiling brighten her features as well her enviroment. Mark looked at her tummy.

"Which month is it now?" Asked Mark as his expression brighten up.

"Now it's the 4th month, 27 days and 5 hours" said exited Kris.

" I will be going then! Take care!" Said Mark as he sneaked a peek at the clock. He waited for them to close their door.

"We will not close the door unless we know you went away safely!" Said Nora and Kris agreed with a nod of his head.

"No need for that, go inside, it's getting cooler here.GO!" Yelled a little Mark showing his appreciation for ther gesture.Making them to close the door by slifgtly pushing it forward. The couple smiled and obeyed,closed the door and walk away from their wooden frontdoor. Mark was then drawn in his past memories again remembering everything like movie slates. He loved her dearly for years nowbut never tried to confess to her. He was scared of the out come. One day back in high school she told him she confessed to the person she liked an dgot an accepting reply from him. He had then faked a smile teased and congratulated her for her success. His heart was aching inside. This senario repeated itself countless of times. Mark could no longer bandage his broken heart. The strings weren't able to put the broken pieces together. He leaned against the wooden door, grapping his knees, placing his head inside his hands. His heart couldn't take it any longer. The final blow was given to him two years ago when the couple annouced him their wedding. They also asked him to be their best man, he had to place their chaplets when they exchange their vows. Of course he accepted. He told himself that she was happy with that person, that he had something he didn't, he could give her something he was lacking. He thought that he was better off alone not troubling someone not making his heart thrombing in pain. He actually couldn't love anyone other than her. He once again gathered his pieces up, stood infront of her door. Still freezing. His nose became red. His cheeks had also gone red. His eyes were moist holding all the sadness inside his brown orbs. He had decided to talk to her today before it was too late he wanted to their last farwell to be with a smile not even a speck of sadness added to it. He calmed down,opened his mouth welcoming the cold winter air inside his lungs. In reality Mark wasn't an official worker as he had told her but an undercover detective. Today he had been given an extremly life threatening task to complete. He walke dcloser to the door murmuring something. He finally wnt away. It was as he knew it, that today was the last day he could see her. He said farwell to his commanders and headed to the meeting place. A long battle began there. He was hitten by the enemy's pistol. He bleed. The bullets were hurting him. He looked up to the sky for the last time. As time passed his body went numb, he remembered his unkept promise he made today and his last words outside her door. "I loved you." he thought that it wasn't right so he decided to yell again with his last breath " Once again, I love you!" He closed his eyes. Smiling as she was the last person he saw before he was swallowed by the enternal darkness. He sheald one tear the first and the last one. The enemy leaved him at the ruins of a roofless building. It started to snow. The snow covered him slowly. Until nothing was seen from his frozen body. He vanished. Take care Mark. You shall sleep peacefully under your white blanket.

Good night Mark, good night...


Author space:

Hello!!! hope you enjoyed reading I know it's a little sad for a story to read ...

I will try to update other one shots as well as a new chapter for my main story!!!

Have a wonderful day!