The Paradox

About the moon and the stars

The Paradox

 

"Don't feign ignorance."

"Why should I not?"

"Because I know you, and that's not your true self."

They started off with a late-night talk about the galaxies and constelations, but it slowly turned into something deeper, more meaningful to their souls. However, in their matter, the vast array of stars was no longer shining, everything almost falling into darkness, but the Sun - it must be his only light.

Yoongi was supposed to be the Full Moon in this equation, but why did he feel incomplete? No star was match for him - so they faded -, except fot the Sun. He should't dare to get close to it as it will only blind and burn, leaving wounds that are not meant to be healed. Instead, he took it as a challenge, May his rudeness be the one to lead him to destruction, but his devotion knows no boundaries. He should've felt small in comparison to her, but the Sun herself saw them no different from each other.

"You know... Actually, nevermind. It doesn't matter."

"What?"

"Nothing, it's nothing you should be concerned with, yet."

"Why is that?"

"This is not the right time. You'll soon find out."

"Still a man of few words, I see."

She was met with silence. Byeol understood that there are things that are better left unspoken, but she found that as an inconvenience. Her curiosity was pushing her to ask him futher, yet she was aware that lingering any longer will do no good. The questions were burdening her mind, but she backed away just before the words would dare to slip out of her tongue. Byeol didn't want to take risks - not this time at least. She felt unsure.

They stopped talkong some time ago, only the soud of their breathing and a clock ticking somewhere could be heard. She was so immersed in her thoughts that she lost track of time. She barely realised they were staring at one another, displaying no emotions, whatsoever. Yoongi suddenly interrupted their gaze, blinking twice, only to glare at the clock: 2 a.m. How long have they been sitting there gawking at each other, not spilling a word?  From the corner of his eye, he watched her standing still, not moving an inch. 

Does Byeol know what time it is? 

His question was left unanswered, but as a matter of fact, she didn't know the time, nor did she want to learn about it. She was too preoccupied with his face - studying his features, taking in every detail -, leaving nothing unexplored. His orbs met hers once again and she asked.

"When are you leaving?"

"In two hours. Will you-", he stopped, gulping, "will you miss me?"

Perhaps, she thought, but didn't have the courage to say it out loud, so she merely smiled and she knew it was enough for Yoongi to comprehend the meaning.

Ha Byeol.

She was supposed to be the Sun - so warm and bright - but her demeanor was colder than ice. For Yoongi, she was a living paradox. But he knew better - she was hiding her true self.

The universe was playing a joke on them.