1/1

Social Experiment

Namjoon walked towards the train station tiredly. He was so exhausted because nothing went fine today.

 

To start off, his car broke down when he wanted to go to office. He had to fight for a spot in the hectic train in the morning. His works were piling and he also scolded two of his workers. Now it was late evening and Namjoon’s in the train station, waiting for his trip back home.

 

Being a CEO at a really young age took a toll in his life. When people around his age were enjoying their life to its fullest, Namjoon was forced to take his father’s place and handle the company. He refused at first but who was he to decline his parents’ decision? So, being a good son he was Namjoon agreed to take the responsibility and carried the burden on his shoulders for the sake of family’s business.

 

But now, as he sat on one of the bench and waited for the train in a crowded station Namjoon realized. His life was pitiful. Namjoon averted his gaze to his surroundings. There’s a couple not far from him, the girl was laughing at something the boy said to him, both were in their own world happily.

 

Namjoon had a girlfriend once but they parted because Namjoon was busy with his work and the girl hated being ignored. They broke up and Namjoon was more than happy because he didn’t have to waste his time with anyone.

 

He’s strong. He needed no one.

 

No.

 

He’s weak. He needed someone, anyone to share his pain with.

 

Namjoon felt like crying and he hid his face with his hands because he was ashamed with himself, a grown up man in a suit, looking miserable and crying in the middle of the train station.

 

“Excuse me, sir? Are you okay?” The foreign voice was laced with uncertainty. Namjoon raised his head, his eyes were swollen and tears were rolling on his cheeks. Enough said, he looked so pitiful to compare with the owner of the voice.

 

“Hi, my name is Seokjin.”

 

There was a handsome man standing in front of him, face full with worries as he placed a hand on Namjoon’s shoulder. He eyed the words written on the other’s white t-shirt.

 

Free hugs.

 

“Well, you see I’m giving free hugs and you kind of need one…”

 

Yes, he needed it. That’s why he threw himself in the stranger’s embrace with no shame thus startled Seokjin. He was a bit surprised but softly patted Namjoon’s back.

 

Namjoon was calm in Seokjin’s arms, feeling warmth seeping through the other’s thin white shirt and made it felt like home to Namjoon. He started to get relax and for the first time in his life he could forget about responsibility.

 

He now understood what it felt like to have someone you comfortable with.

 

“I’m sure tomorrow would be much better.”

 

Seokjin’s soft voice melted Namjoon’s cold heart.

 

His train came and they had to part. Namjoon’s gaze still didn’t leave Seokjin even when the door closed and he swore Seokjin’s waving at him with a smile on his face as he mouthed “We’ll meet again!”

 

--

 

Namjoon hung up his phone right when his secretary Sanghyuk knocked on his door.

 

“There’s someone outside waiting for you, Mr Kim.”

 

“Who?” Namjoon replied half-heartedly without even looking at Sanghyuk.

 

Sanghyuk sounded unsure, “He says he knows you.”

 

“Bring him in.”

 

Namjoon continued his work and almost forgot about the person who wanted to meet him when a voice he heard yesterday touched his ears.

 

“Nice to meet you again, sir.”

 

Namjoon lifted his gaze to the door and there he was; a guy who gave free hugs last evening. Only now he wasn’t wearing the stupid t-shirt but instead dressed up in a suit. His smile was still the same; comforting and made butterflies swarming in his stomach.

 

“My name is Kim Seokjin and I come here to apply as your assistant.”

 

At that time Namjoon realised, his life would be much better.

 


 

A/N: told myself to continue my unfinished stories but jokes on me i write a new one instead /cries/