Lull

Lull
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            What day is it?

            Jungkook rubs his nose with his sleeve for the umpteenth time. He pulls the beanie on his head and tightens the thick heavy scarf around his neck. He always forgets how unforgiving the weather can be during… whatever period of time this is.

            D-December… I just know it’s December…obviously.

            The forlorn young man trudges through the snow, knowing fully well it is only going to get worse. And then he laughs because there isn’t a better description to his life than that.

            It was actually a bright and sunny Friday, even with the increasingly chilly wind. The town was quiet and the sun was generously beaming down its rays onto all that it sees. But jungkook is having none of it. The only time he acknowledges the sun is when he begs for it to be warmer, like that was scientifically possible. His nose aches and itches from all the rubbing and sneezing and every time he breathes in too quickly he gets a headache.

            Jungkook is not the kind of person to go out. He will leave the house only when he really has to and this time apparently he has to. According to V, anyway. Running out of his favorite brand of instant noodles is a good enough reason to kick the kid out from slumber and into the outside world.

            The supermarket is pretty upbeat when he gets there which throws him off guard. There is a crowd forming at the frozen section and the people are talking in loud nonsense, something Jungkook had no time for. He quickly makes a bee line to the noodles aisle and grabs a couple packs.

            He turns around only to get crashed into by a girl about his age. She quickly apologized without making eye contact and before Jungkook can reply her friend snatches her by the hand while saying in a frustrated voice, “Come on, we’re going to miss him!”

            “Miss who?” Jungkook asks. The friend turns to him and says, “The prince, of course!” and the two run away giggling.

            We have a prince?

            He allows himself to think about that for five more seconds before dropping it and looking for the cashier. Even when he gets there the cashier is craning her neck trying to see if she can get a peek of the prince all the while fumbling over the noodles. “It’s just so rare to see him these days,” she says, more to herself. I hum and she finally turns to me and asks, “Are you not from this town?”

            “I am.”

            She blinks back her surprise. “Oh! I’m sorry. It’s just that usually when Seokjin visits everyone in town would want to at least have a look at him. I mean, he really is something…”

            “I don’t get out a lot,” he tries to explain but just comes across as a frog under the world’s smallest coconut shell. He has heard of that name, though. He wasn’t completely clueless. Sometimes the girls in his class would throw the name around like they would say the name of a close friend, so he never paid it any mind. After all, he has other things, important things, to worry about.

            When he gets home, though, Jungkook spends the rest of the day asking his hyungs about the prince.

            “Oh, he’s a great guy, that one,” Jimin whis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter