Live for The Moment

Live for The Moment

---

 

 

“Beep Beep Beep”

Krystal carefully pushed down the door handle after she punched in the door password number. Trying her best not to make any sound when she enters the apartment as if she doesn’t want anyone in there to know she already arrived. She tip-toed her steps while walking further inside with Manager Oppa who followed her from behind, carrying her two heavy bags. Krystal could hear him chuckled.

“You know that kid won’t wake up even if there’s an earthquake right?”

“Oppa! Sshh why you have to talk so loud?!” Krystal turned around and hissed loudly only to make her manager laughed.

“And now look who’s louder, oh hi you awake?” her manager waved before he opened the closet door next to the foyer and store the bags inside. Krystal panicked and quickly look around to find nobody else there. Her manager just giggled when she stared at him, she frowned from getting tricked.

“Fine! Stop looking at me like that. Ok Jung Soojung, It’s 2.00 AM now so you better get some sleep. I will pick you up tomorrow at 9 AM.”

Krystal frowned even more knowing she only have so little time to rest before her next schedule.

“You mean later” Krystal sighed.

“Sorry sweetie, I mean later. Take a warm bath and sleep. Do you want me to make you a hot tea first before I go?” Krystal just stared back at her manager that been diligently working with her for the last 5 years. She knows he is also tired and now he needs to drive back home and have to wake up way earlier than her. Krystal shook her head and smiled.

“It’s okay. Just go home Oppa. Thank you for Today” Krystal bowed and she could feel her manager patting her head. She walked him to the door and after the door shut once again, the silence immediately enveloped the room. Not that she expects someone to be awake right now and she already got used to it especially during new album promotion, this is actually a normal time to be home. She the light in the kitchen and got herself a chamomile tea before she sits on the dining chair and checking her phone.

Krystal scrolled down to her previous conversation with him. None other than Kai. This is some sort of a new habit formed since they both in a relationship yet rarely see each other due to their busy schedules. She will have her phone with her just anywhere she goes. Even to the bathroom. Not to make a call, that will be too much. They will only communicate through texting. When one is too busy, the other one will only get a reply after a couple hours. When they are both busy, don’t put your hopes up too high. It will probably just a short take care note. This relationship is not that romantic whatsoever. Not even close to a girl’s fantasy on having a boyfriend that she could walk together with beside the Han River or enjoying ice coffee in a café in a hot sunny day. But still thrilling for the hearts nonetheless.

A relationship resulting from being so helplessly fond of each other that grew from admiration, those reckless gestures giving out electrical sparks whenever they touched even just a little, innocent stares from across the room when one is laughing so carefree, countless meaningful conversation after a long and tiring day, sharing their dreams or worries, and lastly, uncontrollable heart that somehow beating faster when they are together, which answer it all. They couldn’t help it. Being young and still foolish, they let themselves fall.

They almost end it though. There is a moment when they turned it into ice before they are ready to break it. The pain is just unbearable and it hurts not only them. Many people have to sacrifice for them, and they are in agony. However, it melts once more when one just cannot give up. Promises and compromise are made. They decided to embrace it. Both know it won’t be easy. It is never easy. And isn’t having someone giving you the strength is always better than just being by yourself?

“I miss you”

Krystal read the last line once again before she locked her phone and returned her now empty cup to the kitchen sink. She walked to the bathroom and decides to just take a quick warm shower. She finished it with the usual night routine and take a look once more at the mirror. Her face looks pale and she could see her eye bags are darker than usual however nobody can’t deny she still look as pretty as ever. She looked at the clock on her phone, it shows 2.45 AM. Guess she still has 5 hours or more which is already considered a luxury knowing she usually get to sleep for only 2-3 hours.

Krystal taking her time and making sure everything is in place so she doesn’t need to rush later. She prefers to do everything before she go to bed rather than do it when she still half asleep. It always makes her forget things and instantly put her in bad mood.

She returned to the kitchen to check on the schedule that pinned on the fridge. Pointed her finger on the day list and can’t help to feel disappointed.

4 AM off to Salon

6 AM pre-recording Inkigayo

She sighed and opened her fridge. Pulling out all the snacks she could find and put it inside the eco bag. Filling the coffee beans inside the coffee machine.

“I think that will do…what time is it now” it’s 3.15 AM. She waited until the coffee is ready and poured it inside the tumbler then let it cool on the table.

Krystal walked to her bedroom and this time also carefully open the door. Slowly lifted the duvet cover and tucked herself in. She turned to her side and there she could find him. Sleeping peacefully with his hair all messy and his bare shoulder showed, meaning he is not wearing any top. It made Krystal cursed silently for the unfair situation. She sighed and just continue staring at him. Soaking in the view with little light peeking from the window curtain.

Krystal reached her hand to him, his hair carefully. She noticed it turned silvery purple from the ashy blonde just yesterday. She closed her eyes while she pulled herself closer to him. She now could feel his slow breathing on her skin and it gives her chill. She missed him terribly. But it would be unfair for both of them to even mention how much it hurts. Because they need to understand. This is the consequence and they just have to it up.

In 30 minutes, it will be over. Someone will come to this room, not her manager. But his. He will wake him up and then he will be busy all afternoon with his schedule then followed with practicing at night in the studio. Which means, even though they work in the same building, it will be a slim chance they could meet more than 15 minutes. That if he doesn’t skip his dinner time. Which he usually does knowing how perfectionist he is. He mostly probably will stay in the studio perfecting his moves as if he forgets all the previous injuries he got. At that moment Krystal pray so hard that everything will go by smoothly for him and his group so he will actually make time to at least take care of himself. No she doesn’t need him to care about her. She will probably just text him. Making sure he doesn’t need to worry about her. That she is fine, alive and well.

She was still deep in her thoughts when she could feel someone caressing her cheek. She smiled knowingly. Maybe it is all worth it. Maybe she does only need one moment like this. Maybe it is enough.

She slowly opened her eyes to find him smiling back at her.

“Hi…”

“Hi... Jongin”

 

 

 

 

 

 

----