Final

What do we buy!?

 

Amber sighed staring down at her phone, Ailee's smiling face taking over her lock screen, she looked so cute in a santa hat that Amber couldn't resist the chance to make it her lock screen, but now it just had her worrying. It was a little over a week to Christmas and Amber had nothing, no gift, nothing special, she'd gone out during all her breaks, asked friends, staff and even tried complaining to Tuna and  Jackjack, but they just kinda snuggled in and hoped for food. So sighing again Amber rang the one person she knew was struggling like her.

"Mhm...Amber? You okay?" Jackson asked, voice a bit groggy.

"Did I wake you? It's like 2 in the afternoon bro" Amber chuckled now wandering around her apartment.

"N-no, I was getting up from a power nap, whatcha' need?" Jackson asked, sounding more awake. Amber let out a sigh falling back onto her bed.

"I need to get Goldfish a Christmas gift and I know you need to get Mark one as well, so come shop with me" Amber answered, she heard a few sounds from Jackson before he agreed, soon they had a meet up time and Amber had gained a little more confidence that she'll be able to get what she needs.

 

-------

 

Jackson sat up in bed, running a hand through his hair, he had an hour before he had to meet up with Amber, quickly throwing on the some clothes Jackson went to the kitchen, hunting out food before crashing in front of the TV, like Amber he'd been struggling to get his partner a gift, he'd asked everyone, even messaged some new friends for the first time just to ask about it, but nothing seemed to work, so he wasn't too hesitant to say no when Amber offered a shopping trip.

Jackson felt a buzz in his pocket and pulled out his phone, a bright notification telling him he's gotten a text.

 

From: Quiet Dimsum

-I'm gonna be home late, Jinyoung want's be to help decorate their damn tree, I'll bring home food okay <3 Love you ^3^

 

Jackson smiled at the small message knowing Jinyoung would send him lots of photos due to an old agreement they had, so he quickly typed a reply.

 

From: Crazy Mandu

-It's okay, Amber wants me to go shopping with her, text me when you're done, I'll pick you up and we can go get food together <3 Love you too!!!

 

From: Quiet Dimsum

-Can't wait <3

 

Jackson smiled, pocketing his phone, it was about time he get going, quickly sending a text to Amber to say he was on his way Jackson locked up and got in his car. He was meeting Amber at their usual cafe, it was small, quiet and really cosy.

----------

Amber let out a breath, arriving early at the cafe, after ordering and sitting down she pulled out her phone, ringing Ailee.

"Hey Llama, I was just gonna call you cause I just got called in for a meeting and it's probably gonna go late" Ailee sighed as she answered the phone, Amber smiled a bit, their plans matched up well.

"It's okay Goldfish, I gotta go shopping with Jackson, how about I pick you up later and we get some snacks and watch movies at home tonight?" Amber suggested, knowing Ailee was smiling on the other side of the line.

"Sounds great, I'll text you when I'm out, okay?" Ailee asked.

"Sounds good, okay gotta go I see a familiar loudness, love you" Amber said, spotting Jackson bouncing into the cafe.

"Okay, tell him I say hi, love you too" Ailee replied before hanging up.

Jackson quickly ordered and sat with Amber, they talked a bit before both their orders arrived.

"So, where do we start?" Jackson asked as they both got their orders and left.

 

--------

 

They'd been through the mall, gone to 9 or maybe 15 different stores, but they came up with nothing, well they had stuff, small things here and there but nothing special, nothing that conveyed their feelings they wanted just random things. Soon they both sat at a smoothie bar, giving up, they had a few bags, and heavy hearts.

 

"How can it be this hard to shop for someone we literally sleep next to every night and wake up to every morning???" Jackson heaved out with a sigh. Amber groaned in agreement.

"We've known them for years, how can we not know what to get them!? Every other year we came up with something, why is it so hard this year???" Amber complained, Jackson agreed taking a sip of his drink.

 

"I say 3 more stores and then we give up and just go to a shop" Jackson laughed, Amber nearly choked on her drink.

"This is why no one believes you're pure, dirty Jackson" Amber laughed, hitting Jackson's arm. Jackson pouted.

"I'm pure, I'm as innocent as can be" Jackson spoke, bursting into laughter.

 

They visited two stores, both with bright lights and overly cute couple nicknacks, but nothing jumped out, they did have a few laughs with some of the items, at least enjoying their time. the tried on matching shirts, laughing when the store clerk asked if they were siblings, they quickly snapped a photo, Amber sent it to her mother and Jackson sent to to Jinyoung and his mother, both laughing at the responses, both mothers wonder if they'd actually had both and Jinyoung saying he can't take Amber in and that he has enough people calling him mum.

 

They did manage to buy and make some bracelets, both trying to make it hard for the other before laughing at the mess they'd made handing the bracelets to the other as gifts.

As they wander a little further Jackson saw something that caught his eye, a giant plushie store, for something of that size, it looked easy to miss, but once you saw it you had to go in.

"Amber! They have llama and goldfish!" Jackson shouted running out of one of the isle, two bags of non-filled fabric with cute photos of llama and goldfish. At the same time Amber came out of another isle.

 

"Look! Jackson! It's you and Mark!" Amber said holding up a similar bag of fabric, but this one held a Pooh bear holding dumplings. They both took a moment to look at what the other had grabbed, bursting out into laughter before going through the steps to bring these plushies to full effect.

 

Soon they were wandering out of the mall, glad to be free as they put their gifts into cars and walked to a close by food stall.

"So you're trying to convince me, that after a good month of searching every where, we stumble into a store and find the perfect gifts, how the hell" Jackson laughed as they sat at on a bench watching the sunset.

"Seriously that's kinda amazing, I'm proud of us" Amber chuckled, soon her phone buzzed.

 

From: Goldfishy

-Just finished my meeting, ready to be picked up when you and Jackson are done ^^

 

Amber smiled at her phone, noticing Jackson got a similar message.

 

"Thank's for today Jacks, I wouldn't have been able to do this without you" Amber spoke, as they both stood, quickly hugging.

"Same to you, I'm so glad we're free" Jackson chuckled. Soon they bid goodbyes enjoying a laugh and the warm feeling of finally being done with Christmas shopping.

------------------------------------------

 

25th Dec

 

Jackson let out a yawn, feeling a weight on his waist, as his eyes opened he saw Mark, draped in a sweater that barely managed to stay on his shoulders.

"Good morning" Jackson chuckled, Mark beaming a smile back at him.

"Do you like it? It was meant to be yours but it was cosy, but looks it's Christmassy!" Mark spoke excitedly.

"I love you" Jackson replied, sitting up, pulling Mark with him, arms wrapping comfortably around Mark's waist.

"Is this my Christmas gift?" Jackson asked, Mark giggled, shrugging his shoulders, the sweater falling down a little more.

"Not really, and before you unwrap it we have actual gifts under the tree and breakfast to get to first. Mark smiled, going to hop off Jackson but being pulled back for a kiss, happily kissing back before pulling Jackson with him down the hall

 

-----

 

Amber let out a small gasp feeling two arms wrap around her waist while she was cooking.

"Pancakes and waffles good?" Amber asked, Ailee just hummed in reply her head resting on Amber's shoulder.

 

"Breakfast and gifts?" Amber asked, voice small and soft.

"I'll go get the gifts then" Ailee replied, kissing Amber's cheeked, shuffling off to get gifts to bring to the table. Soon they were seated, Amber placing a large plate of waffles and pancakes onto the table along with sides. Ailee smiled letting out a hum of approval.

 

"Wanna open yours first or want me to?" Ailee asked. Amber smiled pushing her gift toward Ailee.

"You first, I wanna see how you react" Amber smiled, happily biting into her waffles.

 

-----

 

Mark smiled widely as Jackson handed him a gift, Jackson smiled lovingly at the childish excitement on Mark's face.

"Can I open it?" Mark asked, seeming too excited to realised he could.

"No I gave it to you so you could see my wrapping skills." Jackson laughed, Mark pouted slightly and Jackson couldn't help but give him a quick kiss.

"I'm sorry, now open it" Jackson giggled, Mark's smile returning quickly as he tore into the paper. Mark's eyes lit up as soon as he saw the yellow and red of a familiar bear and soon he was laughing when he realised Pooh bear was holding Mandu.

"I love it" Mark giggled, burying his face against the top of the plush, Jackson smiled, quickly taking a photo before Mark noticed and sending it off to Amber with a "SUCCESS".

 

-----

 

Amber let out a giggle watching Ailee chew a pancake while carefully opening the gift, soon she was swallowing and laughing at the plushie, she stood and leant over the table giving Amber a long kiss.

 

"It's so cute, they're hugging! How? Where? I'm keeping it on our bed and it will be mine forever oh my, I love it, thank you so much" Ailee spoke quickly nuzzling into the plush, Amber did similar to Jackson, snapping and sending a photo to show her own success.

--------------------------------------+

Christmas well done!

N/A: Okay so here’s 1/12 fics of Christmas, note this was written at 4am and is not edited because I’m gonna be busy tomorrow (The 13th, as in day 1 of this XD) So I hope you enjoy this small playful fic, testing out a new style of writing about friends with small touches of their partners, anyway love you all, merry 12 days to Christmas <3

 

-N