Chapter 1

Flowers Blooming

Lily woke up to the dark alley she fell asleep in. She sighed. Time to face reality again. She got up, smoothed out her uniform, and walked into the bright sunlight. Her black hair was laced with silver, and it fell to her waist like a waterfall. Her cobalt eyes somehow managed to glow mysteriously in the bright sun. Her complexion was fair, and her lips were a soft pink. The expression on her face was one of boredom, but her eyes betrayed her. Always darting, wary of her surroundings.

 

Lily finally made her way to her class, and slid in the back. She sighed as a boy walked up to her.

 

“Hey Lils! What’s up?” The boy exclaimed.

 

“Hey Jimin, can you be any quieter?” Lily whispered, as she glared at the orange-haired boy.

 

“Sorry, sorry.” The boy replied, not sorry at all.

 

Great, another day with Mr. Happy. Lily thought. It’s not that bad, though, at least he’s my friend. She sighed. Because Lily’s family was so “rich” and “powerful”, no one thinks they are “good enough”. But, Jimin never cared about that stuff.

 

“What are you thinking about?” Jimin appeared in front of Lily’s face. He had carrot colored hair, almond shaped eyes, and pink lips. Almost kissable. Whenever he smiled, his eyes would go into crescent shapes.

 

“Hello? Earth to Lily!” Jimin waved his hand in front of her face.

 

Just then, the teacher walked into the room, an excuse to not to talk to Jimin anymore. Lily’s face had turned a pink color.

 

“Hush everyone!” The teacher yelled over the noise, rapping his pointer on the desk.

 


 
“That was so boring!” Jimin exclaimed, as Lily stretched.
 

“Yeah, but you somehow always manage to pay attention!” Lily turned.

 

“You should’ve been born into my family,” she muttered.

 

“Stop it!” Jimin suddenly yelled.

 

Lily stared at him. Jimin never raised his voice like this.

 

“Sorry.” He looked down.

 

“Yeah, whatever.” Lily put on a passive face. The thing was, that seriously hurt. Jimin always comforts me when I’m talking about my family.

 

Jimin felt something claw at his chest. Ugh, those damned petals again. I can’t go now! He forced the petals down his throat, and managed to force out a raspy, “Sorry, have to go!” Before sprinting away.

 

He barely made it into his bathroom before throwing up the blue forget me not petals. He smiled bitterly at the petals in his hand. Unrequited love, huh. He scoffed. Well, what happens when you fall in love with a friend?

 


 

“I'm home.” Lily whispered when she got home. It rang through the house like she spoke loudly. Figures. No one’s ever home. She ran up the stairs, making sure that she left no trace. If servants knew she was home, they would either scold her or pity her, and she wanted neither.

 

Dinner came and went with Lily eating some kimchi ramen that she made. She kept on checking the door to see if her parents were home. She finished her homework by 9:00 PM, and showered. She fell into bed, covering herself with her blanket so that it draped over her like a hug.

 

She grabbed her phone, and decided to call Jimin.

 

He picked up on the third ring. “Hello?” Came Jimin’s voice.

 

“Hi Jimin” Lily tried to not be so happy that she had someone to talk to, but she was.

 

“Hi, Lily. Why are you calling?” Jimin questioned her.

 

“Why can’t I talk to my friend?” Lily defended herself.

 

Ouch, I've been friend zoned. “If you don't have anything to say, I'm hanging up.” Jimin’s voice was barely kept from shaking. He congratulated himself in the fact that his voice didn't crack.

 

“Hmm…” Lily hummed.

 

“Jeez.” Jimin whispered. She's probably already asleep.

 

Lily fell into a deep peaceful sleep, with her phone still in her hand.