FIRST LOVE

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N : As promised. Sorry to get it posted so late though. 

First Love

Year 1600

Far from the village—away from civilizations, there lives a lone creature; over 200 years-old. “He’s no harm to us.” That’s what everyone’s been saying and believed. He was the healer to everyone, he was God. However, with every wish, there’s a price to pay.

For years’ rumors’ been going around saying that the so-called “God” from the hidden forest can cure anyone of any diseases; he could turn the dead back to living. Lives were save thousands—no, millions of times yet people was unable to pay the unfortunately price. For a wish to be granted, a girl must be the sacrifice.

“Jangmi-ah.” The old white-haired man in the cane whispers. “I’m sorry.”

“There’s no need to be Father—“ She took a deep breath. “Mother will live.”

The girl and her Father stood in front of the gates; ahead of them lies the dark creepy mansion. Jangmi, the girl felt cold chills running down her body as if someone was watching her, piercing through her. Not for long after they arrive that the gates opened, the Father and daughter glances at one another before taking a step inside while the gates close behind them. The two walks side by side along the long walkway inside the mansion.

“So, I see you finally came.” The voice was echoing ahead. “Come on, sit.” The voice of a man offered.

Jangmi and her Father both seated on the couches in front of them.

“My Lord, can you really save my wife?” The old man asks.

“Humans are sure selfish living beings.” The man chuckles.

Jangmi and her Father stayed quiet and alert from his response.

“You’re going to give up the life of your precious daughter just so you can save the life of yours? I pity her.”

“What do you know?” Jangmi says furiously.

“Jangmi-ah.” Her Father tries to calm her.

“Continue.” He replies.

“How can a creature—I mean person—“ She couldn’t find the word to describe what he was.

“I am what you want me to be.” He said and she could feel his smirk from the darkness.

“What do you know about love?” She suddenly answers and the grin on his face fades immediately.

“Love?” He repeats. “That’s such a beautiful yet dangerous word to use young Lady.”

“If only you know what love is, you would do the same as what my Father is doing.”

“And you’re happy?” He commented.

“Y-yes.” She stutters trying to hide her true feelings. “I’m happy if my parents are happy.”

There was a moment of silence before he stood up from his seat.

“Fine.” He sighs deeply. “The potion is on the counter.” He points at the direction. “The ‘Love’ of your life will be better in no time.” He emphasis on the word.

Jangmi did not hesitate as she rushes over to grab the small bottle off the shelve before handing it to her Father.

“I’ll be fine Father.” She said sounding a bit sad that she was going to leave her family behind.

“Jangmi-ah, I’m very sorry. If I have a chance next lifetime, I want you to be born as my daughter again.”

“I will be your daughter repeatedly no matter how many centuries has passed, Father.”

“Take care.”

“I love you.” Her final bidding before she sends her elderly Father off.

As the door closes, the emptiness fills up the room. She felt nothing but darkness and loneliness.

“Make yourself at home my Lady.”

“But Lord—“

“Yoongi. The name’s Min Yoongi.” He cuts her off.

“I rather much call you Lord.”

“Suit yourself.” He said walking away.

She didn’t know what to do but follow behind casually. They walked through the long hallway before he turns around—

“That would be your room.” His eyes signaling her the room in front of her. “I will have the maid get dinner ready.”

“But I’m not hungry, Lord.”

“Stuff yourself even if you’re not. It’s going to be a long night.” He says walking into his personal bedroom.

She admired the room as she enters. It was a lot brighter than the other rooms she’s been to since she stepped foot in the mansion. After a moment, a knock was heard.

“My Lady—I’ve set up the bathtub if you would like to take a bath before dinner.”

“I would love to.” She smiles gently at the maid.

In the tub, the maid lightly scrubs Jangmi’s back.

“How long have you’ve been serving the Lord?” Jangmi asks.

“I’ve been with him for a very long time, my Lady.”

“Does he have any family?”

“No.”

“How about you? Do you have any family?”

“My Lord has been the only thing that’s close to family that I can remember.”

“It must be lonely here?”

“Are you lonely?” The maid asks and Jangmi was stunned without an answer.

“No, not now.” She sighs while splashing the water on herself. “I have you to talk to.”

“I will always be here if you need anything.”

“Well—doesn’t the Lord gets lonely? I mean he’s here in this huge mansion all by himself.”

“He has his distractions.”

“Distractions?”

“Yes.” The maid giggles.

It was the most beautiful sound of happiness Jangmi’s has heard since she came into the place. She thought life would be at its worst but the light talks with the maid, she felt the heavy weights on her slowly disappearing.

The maid helped Jangmi get dressed for dinner, she was wearing a long dark-red dress covering her who body.

“I have to get your measurements sometimes soon.”

“They are a bit long.” Jangmi response looking at herself in the mirror.

“It’s my Lord’s second favorite color.”

“What’s the first?” Jangmi asks.

“White.” She responses tying down the last ribbon on her dress.

The maid approaches Yoongi first.

“My Lord.” She mentioned. “My Lady is ready for dinner.”

Within seconds, Jangmo walks in with baby steps, Yoongi couldn’t take his eyes from her, not even for a second. When she felt his strong gaze piercing through her, she feels even though fully clothed. She let out a small fake cough, clearing . That, it made him finally look away.

“Enjoy.” He nods his head letting the maid know to open the lid off the dinner dishes.

“You’re not eating?” She asks.

He raises his glass filled with what look like bloody liquid and tilts the glass just a little to show it off.

“I won’t be starving after this.”

As she skims through the food in front of her wishing the delightful food could be join with her family. It has been a long time since they had a decent dinner together. While admiring the delicious food, and praising the maid for an outstanding job she has done, she totally forgotten that there was another presence in the room.

Yoongi couldn’t help but stare at her beautiful figure. The way she turns her head while exposing her neck; he could sense the throbbing blood flowing through her veins, he wanted her. Finishing the last drop of blood from the cup, he stood up and left the room and that’s why Jangmi notice he was there the whole time. She felt a bit bitter realizing she totally ignore his presence.

She lies on the bed, it was uncomfortable and enormously large for her. She didn’t understand why a person need such a big place to sleep when all her life, she has been sleeping on the harden floor. The night was getting darker however, she was unable to sleep even though her eyes are giving up on her. Maybe it was the place she was in, maybe it was the atmosphere—anything could be an answer but deep down, the answer that’s keeping her from falling asleep, him.

Right when she was finally falling sleep it’s when she hears strange noises. Her eyes flushed open and tries to trace where the sound was coming from; for a second she had thought she dreamt it. She sits right up when the sound was coming from outside her bedroom door. Curiously and carefully, she grabs the candle beside her night stand and follows the sound. To her surprise, she didn’t believe the it sounded crystal clear when the noise was coming from two levels down. The dim light from the room shines into the hallway, as quietly as she can get she tipped-toe over and peeked through the crack. Suddenly covering from the sound that was about to come out, the scene in front of her eyes were hard for her to witness. The thought of her thinking she may be the only female in the mansion, to think she was the only one for him, she was selfish.

She couldn’t sleep the whole night, her thoughts drifting to the scene she witnesses the night before. Two bodies lying deadly on the floor while another one filling up his hunger, this lust for blood.

Jangmi made her way down to the first level, into his library where she got his permission to use the day before. She came to a halt when his presence was in the same room as her; their eyes met before she turns away, his eyes follows her every move. She distant herself from him, sitting further in the corner, avoiding him.

“What are you doing?”

She jumps in terror, frighten at his speed she pulls away and stood up.

“Scared?” He questioned.

“N-no.”

“I know you are.” He responds proudly. “From last night.”

Her whole body tensed as he reminded her of last night terror. The sound of her swallowing her own saliva brought enlightenment to him. He lifts his hand to touch her—

“DON’T TOUCH ME!” She pulls herself from the man in front of her.

The smirk on his face slowly disappear and he moves in closer.

“DON’T COME NEAR ME!” She shouts louder this time as he back hits the wall coming to a dead end.

He didn’t stop his movement and continue to move forward until he was inches away from her face. His beautiful pale face was seen up-close for the first time. She examined his face, his beautiful flawless face. For a short moment, she had forgotten why they were so close to one another.

“If I wouldn’t to touch you, what makes you think you’re strong enough to stop me, my Lady?”

His words made her nervous—he was right. She didn’t know what in the hell she was thinking. If he wanted to haunt her down, it will only take a lift of his finger and she would already be dead. That, brought chills to her.

It’s been several months since Jangmi came into the mansion. Her life was meaningless with the same routine and she starts to wonder why hasn’t it been her turn yet. She felt like he was torturing her, witnessing many young girls coming in the mansion and everyone was already in line to be his next meal—but, for her it was never her turn. The girls that came, no one had lived longer than she had; the longest for one of the girl was a month while it’s almost a year for her. Sometimes she wishes it was her who he’s draining blood off.

It became a regular habit of hers, lying on the bed listening to the sound of love making beneath her. She knew what happens after love making; it was a sign of hypnosis. He lures them in by satisfying them with then pleasure himself by oozing their blood. Jangmi knew that once a girl enters that room and makes love to Yoongi, they’re on their next step to the other world. She starts having the thought of being the next girl in line since the news of the war broke out. Everything and everyone from the village died; including her parents. Jangmi didn’t think much of her life being worth anything, she was basically waiting for her time which she hoped would come soon enough.

Two years had gone by and Jangmi finally got the heart to ask him.

“When will it be my turn?” She asks playing with her food.

He takes a sip from his glass. “What?” He questioned although he knew what she was talking about.

“I mean many girls have come in over the years and everyone has left.” She her dry lips. “I was curious to why I managed to stay this long.”

“Because you’re special.” He honestly confronted.

“Special?” She repeated.

“You’re worth more than those girls.” His grin brought chills to her. “I want you to stay with me for a very long time.”

“How?” She asks. “I’m human.”

“I can always turn you—“

“Into your kind?” She cuts him off.

“My kind?” He questioned her statement. “What about my kind?” His tone in voice changes.

“I-I didn’t mean it that way.” She responds avoiding his eyes.

“What’s so different about me?” He asks.

“You’re heartless.” She whispers but he hears her clearly.

“What’s there to have a heart for?”

“To love.”

“Love?” He repeats the word. “That’s the second time you’ve mentioned that.”

“Second?”

“The first time was when you first moved here.”

It took her a second to remember.

“So?”

“Love, huh?” He chuckles setting down the empty glass.

“You never loved anything or anyone in your whole life, huh?”

“You see that piano at that corner of the room?” He says pointing to it and she nods. “That’s my First Love.”

“A piano?” She questioned.

“She’s been with me for as long as I remember.”

“So, you never had a person you love? Another vampire?”

He went silent and stared into her eyes, he fell deep inside of it.

“I do.” He said finally breaking away from staring too long.

She was too shock from his honest confrontation. She didn’t expect him to opened up. He suddenly stood up from his seat—

“Be ready in two night.” He said.

“F-for what?” She stutters.

“You asked for your turn, right?” He turns his back. “I’ll be away for two nights and when I come back, I will grant your wish.”  

Night one since Yoongi left the mansion and the place felt more empty than it was before. Although they hardly get to see one another unless it’s eating time or when she sneaks out to peek on him during his meal time but, his presence itself was a huge impact. She felt lonely without his presence.

Pacing back and forth in her room on the second night. She was anxious yet scared at the same time. One thought says it’s time for her to meet her parents yet another thought creep on her, she was afraid to leave him.

While lying in bed, she looks at the moon through the window and it was shining brightly. Waiting—she was waiting for him. Swiftly, she felt the impression of the bed denting as like someone was besides her.

“Did you miss me, Rose?” He asked in a husky tired voice.

“Hm, how did you know?” She answered.

Even without looking, just his presence itself; she knew it was him.

“I could hear you calling for me.”

“Sometimes I wish you couldn’t hear the sound of my heart.” She mumbles.

“Why?” His breath tickles her ear.

She slowly turns around to bury her face in his warm chest. For a Vampire, his chest was warm.

“That way you wouldn’t know what I’m thinking.”

“What are you thinking?” He asks as he pulls her in closer.

“You’re a Monster, just a monster—nothing more, nothing less.” She thought silently to herself while trying to calm the beating of her heart. “I-I can’t love a Monster.”

For the next 5 nights, he didn’t keep his promise. He has not drink her blood nor tried to killed her in any way possible; it was more like he kept his distance.

Jangmi was doing her regular tour of the mansion when he realizes the library room door was open. She peeked inside before closing the door but something caught her eyes. An open book in plain sight, she walks over and glance at it.

“Rose—so beautiful yet so deadly. I want to keep you forever yet your thorns are cutting me. Is it already the moment—for the rose to wither?”

Closing the book and putting it back on the shelf, she didn’t think much of it.

Countless night he would visit her in her own bedroom and it’s been going on for months.

“Jangmi-ah.”

The sound of her name coming from his lips was foreign. Two years ago, he’ll call her ‘My Lady’ however it wasn’t long until he starts calling her Rose. Now, her name finally came out from his mouth.

“Hm.” She hummed.

“Jangmi.”

“Yeah?”

“Han Jangmi.”

She giggles at the sound of him pronouncing her whole name.

“I’ve always thought.”

“What?” She questioned.

He hesitated before answering. “I wonder what it would be like when the rose finally withers.”

She turns to face him.

“Are you setting me free?”

“Do you want me too?”

An awkward silence fills the room. For the first time, she was unable to provide an answer to that question. She had always wanted to leave the place, but now—it was hard for her.

“Then can you make love to me?”

That question frightens him. He knew she knew well what comes after love making.

“Of course.” He whispers softly to her.

Her grip on the blanket tightens, he could feel it.

“I’m a Monster, just a Monster—nothing more, nothing less.” He repeated her exact words months prior.

“Yoon—“

“Promise me one thing.” He cuts her off.

“What?” Her voice shakes as she was afraid of his answer.

“You can’t love me.” He whispers placing a kiss on her forehead.

It was the first physical contact he made on her since they’ve met and she melt down right from the kiss. He cupped her cheek, slowly lift her chin and looked right into her eyes, he smiled. Jangmi’s heart wouldn’t stop beating rapidly. It was the first time he ever smiled to her. Yet she realizes that everything he’s done recently was for the first time. The way he calls hers, the way he kisses her and the way he smiled; he was a gorgeous vampire and she couldn’t take her eyes off him.

“I promise.”

“Promise what?”

“I don’t love you….I will never love you.”

The tightening in her chest made it hard for her to say those words. It was harder to pretend it didn’t hurt her, that it won’t hurt anyone of them.

“I Love You, Yoongi.” She knew he’ll hear her even if she didn’t say it out loud. She knew he could hear it and she purposely did it; even after she promised.

Yoongi presses his lips against her gently and she could feel the coldness yet she didn’t mind.

“Let’s just get some rest, shall we?” He whispers.

Before he had the chance to lay his head back on the pillow, she pulls his collar inward and continue the kiss. He closes his eyes and return the kiss. For a first timer, Jangmi knew what she was doing. She was proud of herself. She knew this kind of love making was different from the previously one he did with the other girls; there were motives, there were passion, he was really making love to her.

For years, Jangmi and Yoongi stayed together. She never asked him to free her nor to turn her; she was happy for a very long time. He never forced her to do anything she didn’t want. They grew to be each other’s support. It was the perfect relationship, just like the ones they’ve read in books. However, as she grew older and her appearances changes, Yoongi didn’t mind since he knew she was a human and he was just—a creature.

On a cold Winter day, Yoongi sits at the bed’s edge as he held tightly onto her hand. He stole glances at the paled-face woman lying in front of him who’s skin has wrinkled and could barely talk, she was on her deathbed. Yoongi knew.

“Y-Yoongi.” She barely whispers as she opens her eyes.

“What is it?”

“If I leave, will you come find me again?” She asks.

He chuckles sadly. “I don’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter