sneeky

I'll walk Besides you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


        hyk pov
When I wake, joonki  is nowhere to be seen. The sun is blazing through the windows, and I can now really appreciate the room. I have flowers! I didn’t notice them the night before. Several bouquets. I wonder idly who they’re from.

"Song Hyekyo Fighting Get Well Soon"one flower with its post card says it was from Insung Oppa Oh my. I’m reeling from his gratitude. Perhaps now I can let him go i need to wash my hands of him. My subconscious nods sagely in agreement with me yet again. I shake my head and gingerly get out of bed. I’m relieved to find that I am much steadier on my feet than yesterday four days of  unconsious has made my body jelly. In spite of Joonki sharing the bed, I have slept well and feel refreshed. My head still aches, but it’s a dull nagging pain, nothing likethe pounding yesterday. I’m stiff and sore, but I just need a bath. I feel grimy. I head into the en suite.

“Hyekyo!” Joonki shouts.

“I’m in the bathroom,” I call as I finish brushing my teeth. That feels better. Iignore my reflection in the mirror. Jeez, I look a mess. When I open the door, Joonki is by the bed, holding a tray of food. He’s Dressed with white t-shirt and in black pants,and well rested he looks better than yesterday.

“Good morning, Kyo,” he says brightly. “I have your breakfast.” He looks so boyish and much happier. Wow. I smile broadly as I climb back into bed. He pulls over the tray on wheels and lifts the cover to reveal my breakfast: oatmeal with dried fruits, pancakes with maple syrup, bacon, orange juice.My mouth waters; i need to have hanshik(korean food) but  I’m so hungry. I down the orange juice in a few gulps and dig into the oatmeal. Joonki sits down on the edge of the bed to watch. He smirks.

“What?” I ask with my mouth full.

“nothing,” he says. “How are you feeling?”

“Better,” I mutter between mouthfuls.

“I’ve never seen you eat like this.” joonki says

"that is because i am a patient and i need to gain my energy" i mutter while eating

"yeah you are and of course you need to get your energy back because we have a lot to do i still haven't seen you " he says and winks at me

"some times you are sneeky you know that right" hyekyo said

"no no am just being considerate to my fiance " he smirks i lost i can't win against him i need to turn the talk about kim taepyung   I’m about to ask when there’s a knock on the door.

Detective jang makes an apologetic entry into the room. He’s right to be apologetic—my heart sinks when I see him.

“Mr.song, Ms.song. Am I interrupting?”

“Yes,” snaps joonki.

Det.jang  ignores him. “Glad to see you’re awake, Ms.hyekyo. I need to ask you a few questions about Thursday afternoon. Just routine. Is now a convenient time?”

“Sure,” I mumble, but I do not want to relive Thursday’s events.

"hyekyo  should be resting.” joonki  bristles.

“I’ll be brief, Mr.joonki. And it means I’ll be out of your hair sooner rather than later.”

joonki stands and offers Det. jang his chair, then sits down beside me on thebed, takes my hand, and squeezes it reassuringly.

Half an hour later, Det. jang is done. I’ve learned nothing new, but I have recounted the events of Thursday to him in a halting, quiet voice, watching joonki go pale and grimace at some parts.

“Thank you, Ms. Hyekyo. That’s all for now.” det. jang says

“You won’t let him out again, will you?” i ask him

“I don’t think he’ll make bail this time, ma’am.”

“Do we know who posted his bail?” Joonki asks.

“No sir. It was confidential.” Det. jang replies

Joonki frowns,. Det. Jang rises to leave just as Dr. Park and two interns enter the room.

After a thorough examination, Dr.Park declares me fit to go home. Joonki sags with relief.

“Ms. Hyekyo, you’ll have to watch for worsening headaches and blurry vision.you are a doctor your self so you know what to do. If that occurs you must return to the hospital immediately.” I nod, trying to contain my delight at going home.

As Dr.Park leaves, Joonki asks her for a quick word in the corridor. He keeps the door ajar as he asks her a question. She smiles. “Yes, Mr. Joonki, that’s fine.”
He grins and returns to the room a happier man.

“What was all that about?” i ask him

“,” he says, flashing a wicked grin. i chocke on my water

Oh. I blush.we still havent done the deed my inner goddes makes a triple thumbling just thinking about it its feeling hot suddenly “And?”

“You’re good to go.” He smirks.

Oh, joonki you are such a ert!

“byeontae, I have a headache.” I smirk right back.

“stop thinking dirty thoughts. You’ll be off limits for a while.but I was just checking with the doctor if you can start work and if you can travel long distance you need fresh air besides we need to hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter