Her Special Day

Telecom Sisters: Her Special Day

Min Seo woke up, facing another day. She was frozen, expecting a cutie beside her when she found out that she was alone in her bedroom.

Technically, it was still another day. The only difference would be that she woke up at 12 A.M., a time where people would still doze off. It was really a start for Min Seo. She got up, said her prayers of another day, fixed her bed then went to her desk to work on a project.

*three hours later*

Min Seo finished. Before she turned off her PC, she got a message from her Messenger. She opened it, seeing a message from her sisters.

From: Alpha Eonni (Choi Min Yeon)

My baby girl’s all grown up. Happy Birthday, Min Seo-ya~

I hope you’ve been a good girl and have taken responsibility of our future dongsaengs. Unnie misses you. I love you, Min Seo.

A picture of her and Min Seo appeared next and Min Seo couldn’t hold her smile. She replied her unnie and got another greeting.

From LeTwin(Choi Min Hyeong)

Happy Birthday, Min Seo-ya! Where’s the feast at? Kekeke… XD

Min Seo laughed. She replied back with a tease and they shared their remarks online. A few minutes later, Min Hyeong had to say goodbye. Min Seo sighed for not being able to talk to her sisters for long. It would be almost evening on Min Hyeong’s part and her Min Yeon-unnie must’ve slept.

It didn’t matter. Min Seo was happy that she got her greetings. She turned off her PC, rested her head on her chair, and looked at the calendar.

It was the 26th of September, her birthday. She now turns 30, still single and a full-fledged unnie for eleven cute and sweet dongsaengs. Despite of having no love-life and independence to do anything she wants, she never regretted her life since then.

4:00 AM. She thought. Maybe…maybe I should go to bed for a bit.

Min Seo agreed to her own thoughts, went back to her bed, and turned in again.

***

Mi Na was early as she stormed off of the room she shared with So Hye, Kyul Kyung, and So Mi, and went towards Min Seo’s room. Mi Na opens the door slowly, thankful that her unnie’s room wasn’t lock then went inside.

She saw her Min Seo-unnie asleep. The alarm of her clock rang like crazy that Mi Na chuckled, turning the device off. She grabbed a little chair and got a good look at her sleeping unnie.

“Unnie…wake up~” Mi Na cooed softly.

“Unnieee~~” She called again, holding Min Seo’s arm up.

Min Seo groaned cutely that Mi Na went to grab her own phone then took a video of her unnie. “Unnie…Min Seo-unnie…hello~~~” She teased again, waving Min Seo’s arm lightly.

Min Seo got up, her hair dishevelled and her face looked like she was taking crack. It then replaced with another groan and a shriek that Mi Na could laugh hard.

“Unnie~!” Mi Na pounced on Min Seo.

The cutie gave kisses on her unnie’s face until Min Seo was fully up. She greeted her dongsaeng a good morning as she chuckled of Mi Na’s cute yet endless kisses.

“Unnie…” Mi Na called again and Min Seo looks at her. “Happy Birthday~”

Min Seo was happy that Mi Na remembered. “Thank you, Mi Na-ya~”

“Since it’s your special day…can I skip classes to be with you today?” Mi Na asked.

“Aigoo…Unnie has her work to attend to. But we can have lunch together with your sisters later.” Min Seo answered. “As much as I love to, it’s really important. And besides, you have an exam today.”

“Aww…” Mi Na pouted. “I don’t want to go to school. I want to spend the day with you. And you should take your break, unnie. It’s your birthday.”

Min Seo knew it would take hours to get Mi Na to her senses. So, she tickled Mi Na and the cutie laughed hard, having her fun with her unnie in the morning. Min Seo checked the time that she tickled Mi Na again and carried her out of the room.

“Let’s go. You have to go to school and I have to go to work.”

***

Mi Na wasn’t the only one who remembered Min Seo’s special day. The rest of them tackled their unnie for a hug. The Beagles, Kyul Kyung, Yoo Jung and So Mi, did a little dance and sang to their unnie like the hyperactive children they are. Min Seo never felt so happy being greeted by her dongsaengs. Their breakfast was grand and Min Seo was even obliged to send her dongsaengs to school with her new van.

“Wow~” So Mi was impressed of the features. “When did you buy this, unnie?”

“I have it just now.” Min Seo said as the children wowed. “Unnie’s a great friend with a car manufacturer here. This is the latest model of a van that he gave it to me for my birthday.”

“That’s nice, unnie,” said Yeon Jung. “Min Seo-unnie deserves the best gifts. She also gives the best gifts. Remember that one time I got a recording studio in our room?”

“Yeah…luckily Unnie gave me good headsets to minimize the casualties in my ears,” said Yoo Jung.

Yeon Jung gave a scowl as Min Seo laughed lightly with the other children. A few minutes later, they arrived at their school. They got down after they gave their kisses to Min Seo.

“See you at lunch. I’ll pick you up here later.” Min Seo said. “Be good girls and God Bless on your exams.”

“Ne!” The eleven of them said.

“We’ll pass for you, Unnie~!!” Se Jeong cheered like the rest of her sisters.

“Okay~!” Min Seo cheered then bids goodbye to her sisters before heading to the company.

***

As she arrived, the staff lined up to greet the celebrant. Min Seo was thankful, shaking hands and taking pictures with the staff together with the gifts for the artist. Min Seo even got a special gift from their CEO plus a food donation from her ES7 fans.

Food Donation is indebted to Choi Min Seo of ES7.

Min Seo got the note and shared it through her SNS accounts, with the permission of the company. After that, she did her usual work. She was finished in a knick of time and decided to do some practices with her fellow members.

Inside the studio, Min Seo got a surprise from ES7. Min Seo chuckled then broke down into a puddle of tears.

“Yah, Min Seo~~” Yeon Rin called as her tears fell too.

Min Seo continued to chuckle yet her tears flowed. “Yah…thank you guys so much. This is so beautiful…”

Ki Nam went to hug their Min Seo, following the rest of the members. The little moment was disrupted when Soo Hee tripped herself by the door.

“Whoops.” She laughed. “My bad...”

“Treat us for some salads, Min Seo,” said Ri Rin.

Min Seo just nodded. She got her wallet as she and the rest of ES7 went outside for some snacks.

***

During the break, IOI gathered at their warehouse sponsored by the school. Since they were artists plus sisters of Korea’s top entrepreneur and artist, they had the place for themselves, isolated from other students who were their fans.

Inside, Na Young and Chung Ha were discussing of their surprise for Min Seo. The rest of the unnie line was excited as the dongsaeng line got too excited that Chae Yeon had to quiet them down.

“Okay, listen up. We need to work together to have the best surprise for unnie. We want that, right?” Na Young asked as they cheered.

“Alright…have you got your little gifts for Min Seo-unnie?” Chung Ha asked them.

Chae Yeon got hers wrapped in pink, Se Jeong got her big box, and So Hye got her wrapped gift and birthday card for Min Seo.

“What about the rest of you?” Na Young asked.

“Well…” Kyul Kyung smirked as she shows off her legs. “I would give Unnie a time of her life.”

“The actual , Pinky!” Chung Ha exclaimed. “You know she’s our sister, right?”

“Unnie~~” So Mi said, grossed out with the rest of the dongsaeng line.

“Yoo Jung, what’s wrong?” Na Young noticed her fidget.

“Uhh…I still need to get mine at the store.” She muttered.

“Go get it now.” Chung Ha said. “Unnie will pick us up in an hour.”

Yoo Jung nodded as Do Yeon came with her. Na Young told them that they should not let Min Seo see them and they nodded, sprinting out of their warehouse.

“Okay. Now we’ll discuss the setting.” Na Young flipped the list of plans. “We got the streamers?”

“Yeah!” So Hye and Kyul Kyung raised them up.

“What about the sign with her name on it?” Na Young asked.

“We got it, unnie. Chae Yeon-unnie’s good at this.” So Mi and Chae Yeon showed the sign.

“Party hats? What about the cake?” Na Young asked.

“Do Yeon , Yoo Jung and I have it done at the pastry house,” said Yeon Jung. “We’ll get it after class.”

“Updates of Min Seo-unnie’s schedule?” Chung Ha asked again.

“Leave that to me.” Mi Na winked. “Can we involve the ES7 unnies of this?”

“Sure. The more help, the merrier,” said Na Young.

Mi Na called Yeon Rin. The rest of them waited as the unnie line discussed more suggestions for the party they’re setting up. Mi Na ended the call as the rest of them waited for updates.

“Well?”

“We might have to double-time.” Mi Na spoke. “First thing is that we need to finish the exams quickly but surely. We’ll get the results afterwards, right? We’ll give them to Unnie through a card.”

“What if we don’t pass?” Yeon Jung wondered.

“We will. We must settle priorities. We promised unnie that we’ll pass, remember?” Se Jeong said to them.

“Unnie’s right,” said Mi Na. “Also, we need to finish by 3. Yeon Rin-unnie said that she would pick us up instead of Min Seo-unnie so that the surprise won’t be ruined. And according to her, Min Seo-unnie comes home by 8:30.”

“Nice, nice…” Se Jeong did a thumbs-up. “So…are we good to go?”

“That sums about our little meeting. Just remember, whip up our little surprise but don’t tell Min Seo-unnie of our surprise later.” Na Young said.

“Ne.” They all nodded.

***

IOI resumed their classes until it was lunchtime. The eleven were by the kiosks close to the gates, waiting for the unnie to arrive. The van came inside. Na Young checked for everyone and gasped. Yoo Jung and Do Yeon weren’t around.

“Kim Sejeong, where’s the DoDaeng duo?” She asked harshly.

“There they are,” said Se Jeong, pointing to a midget and a tower.

Sejeong signs them to run by the back so that Min Seo won’t see. The two saw the signal and nodded, going to the back. The van was already parked but luckily, Yoo Jung and Do Yeon gathered with their sisters in time.

Min Seo got out of the van as students gathered around to take pictures of her. Some gave their gifts and Min Seo accepts them. IOI went closer and hugged their unnies, with Kyul Kyung and Yeon Jung shooing the crowd off.

“Hey…how’s the exam?” Min Seo asked.

“We passed them all, unnie.” Na Young spoke as they showed their results to Min Seo.

Min Seo could applaud. IOI giggled of their unnie’s reaction as they went inside. So Mi and Mi Na were facing off on who gets to sit beside Min Seo.

“Now, now…don’t fight.” Min Seo broke the tension of the two as the rest went inside. “I’ll be picking the person who gets to sit in front.”

“Chung Ha, you’re sitting in front.” Min Seo spoke and So Mi and Mi Na whined.

Knowing that it was their Unnie’s special day, So Mi sat beside Chae Yeon as Mi Na sat beside So Hye. Chung Ha stuck a tongue to her two dongsaengs as Min Seo started the van.

***

They had their lunch at a private restaurant that Min Seo reserved for. The Manager of a restaurant became her friend for she was a loyal customer to the said restaurant. Min Seo parked the van at the back as her dongsaengs followed her.

As they got to their spot, the dongsaengs wowed, even Min Seo. They got to pick their seats, with Mi Na and So Mi sitting beside their unnie. Min Seo was overwhelmed with the place as the manager came in, greeting the businesswoman a Happy Birthday.

“Thank you for this, my friend.” Min Seo thanked her as the girls greeted her.

“Anything for a loyal customer, Miss Choi…” She answered. “And I’m so privileged to have ES7’s Choi Min Seo and IOI in my restaurant. I’ll have your meals served in a jiffy.”

Min Seo bowed lightly as the manager exited. Min Seo watched the children fiddle with some toothpicks and tissues and she chuckled for she found it so cute. Min Seo got her phone and took a candid picture of her sisters. Na Young got hers out and took a picture of their unnie, then she got her little present out.

“For you, unnie~” She smiled at her.

Min Seo thanked her as she accepted the neatly-wrapped present. “Can I open it?”

Na Young nodded as Min Seo opened the gift neatly. Min Seo got her gift and she wowed: it was a crystal statue of Onix.

“I love it.” Min Seo smiled, hugging Na Young. “Thank you, Nayoung-ah.”

“Open mine next, unnie~” Yoo Jung went closer as she shows her gift.

“Mine too, unnie~” Do Yeon showed hers.

Min Seo nodded as she opened both of their gifts. She got a little fan from Do Yeon and a cute giraffe headband from Yoo Jung. Min Seo wore the headband and tried the fan on. They found her adorable as they took pictures of their unnie. Min Seo puts her gifts on a big box as So Hye and So Mi lined up to give their presents. Min Seo opened theirs next and she wowed of So Hye’s gift: a large shark kigurimi plus her birthday card.

“Try it on, unnie,” said So Hye.

“And also my ‘The Purge’ mask, unnie,” said So Mi.

Min Seo went to the comfort room to try it on. While they waited, Na Young discussed the plan lightly as So Hye and So Mi wait outside the comfort room.

***

Min Seo got out just in time for the food to arrive. So Hye and So Mi loved how Min Seo wore their gifts as all of them took pictures. As they finished, Min Seo took the mask off yet she still wore her kigurimi.

“I might wear this to work later, haha…” Min Seo smiled as she sat down. “Alrighty…thank you for the meal!”

“Thank you for the meal!!” IOI joined in as they eat.

***

After their meals, Min Seo asked the waiters to pack the rest of the food for each of them. Her sisters are happy they get their snacks. Not only that, Min Seo continued to get more gifts from her sisters and she was happy for all their gifts.

She got muscle tape from Chung Ha, a big box of ginger candy from Se Jeong, and a make-up kit from Chae Yeon.

“Unnie, close your eyes.” Kyul Kyung said and Min Seo nodded.

Kyul Kyung puts lipstick on as she placed in in front of Min Seo. “You may open your eyes now, unnie.

Min Seo opened her eyes and got a lipstick from Kyul Kyung. Min Seo smiled, thanking her when she froze as lips pressed by her cheek, close to her lips. “Happy Birthday, my Min Seo-unnie.”

“The actual …” Chae Yeon was shocked as the rest of the unnie line.

So Hye covered Mi Na and So Mi’s eyes. Yeon Jung, Do Yeon, and Yoo Jung reacted as Min Seo got a mirror from her pocket. She saw the kiss mark close to her lips. Kyul Kyung got a special tissue as she placed it on top of the kiss mark, patting it gently.

“There.” Kyul Kyung showed the kiss mark on the tissue. “These are my gifts, unnie.”

“Thank you, Kyul Kyung.” Min Seo placed the special tissue on its container and placed that and the lipstick on the box, then giving a wink to Kyul Kyung,

Kyul Kyung squealed lightly. Yeon Jung got Min Seo a recorder and Mi Na, who was last, got her a locket.

“For you, unnie…for the unnie I love so much.” Mi Na showed the inside, a picture of her and Min Seo.

Min Seo was thankful. She hugged and kissed her dongsaengs one by one as she cries lightly. “You don’t know how much you made me so happy with your gifts…and for that, I’m eternally grateful…I love you all so much.”

“We love you too, unnie~” IOI went to hug their unnie tight.

***

“You look cute, Min Seo. You’re like in a party.” One of Min Seo’s fellow workers at Intel said.

“I know…my sisters have been so sweet.” Min Seo answered, typing a code onto the system. “Is this good?”

“Yes. It’s what we all need.” She said to Min Seo. “Thank you, Min Seo.”

“Ah, no problem…” Min Seo nodded.

“It’s from us here at Intel.” She said, giving a present to Min Seo.

“Omo, is this…” Min Seo gasped as she felt the box.

“Yes…your favourite devices, Min Seo. They’re all in that big box.” Her co-worker smiled.

Min Seo did a big bow as her fellow co-workers hug her. A beep was heard from Min Seo’s workstation. She went closer and got video calls from her other works.

~Happy Birthday, Min Seo-san~ Accountants from MetroBank greeted her.

~Min Seo-san! Happy Birthday~ Therapists from Seoul Hospital greeted her.

Min Seo said her thanks to all of them. They had their talks for a short period due to work. Min Seo called some caterers for her accountants and therapists and they were happy to spend a part of their presences and time to spend Min Seo’s special day. Min Seo said her goodbyes then went back to work.

***

In school, the unnie line was waiting anxiously for their dongsaengs to finish their exams. Na Young was the most anxious one, checking on her watch every 5 minutes.

“Don’t worry, Na Young-unnie,” said Chae Yeon. “There’s still 30 minutes before 3. We can have time to prepare.”

“I hope so.” Na Young mumbled.

“Come on and smile, unnie,” said Se Jeong.

Na Young forces one and the others laughed, especially Chung Ha. “On second thought, you should stay as Stone Nayoung, unnie.”

It was laughs until Na Young asked seriously. “How are your results for the second part of the exam?”

“I passed.” Se Jeong winked. “Just like my promise to Min Seo-unnie. I got mine posted on a card together with my second gift for her.”

“I thought I was going to die in Math. I’m glad I made it.” Chae Yeon said, also passing the exams. “I pasted it in this teddy bear for Unnie.”

Chung Ha showed hers, the result imprinted lightly inside her shirt for Min Seo. Na Young sighed in relief, also showing hers in a stone sculpture of her Min Seo-unnie.

The dongsaeng line got out of their respective classrooms with sad looks. Na Young noticed Mi Na crying as So Hye comforted her that she went to her two dongsaengs, asking them what’s wrong.

“Unnie…” Mi Na sniffled. “…I didn’t pass.”

“Me too…” So Hye said sadly. “I was down with one point, unnie. We’re really sorry.”

The rest of the dongsaeng line had smiles, showing their results to Chae Yeon, Chung Ha, and Se Jeong. The shikshin duo was down as Na Young comforted them.

“It’s okay, you two.” Na Young said then faced the rest of IOI. “Forget the results in our gifts. We’ll just give unnie the gifts.”

“Whaaaat~?!!” Chung Ha and Chae Yeon reacted.

“Do I have to rip the stomach off of this bear?” Chae Yeon asked.

“To be fair…” Na Young reasoned. “Come on. Off with the results-“

“YOU JUST GOT PRANKED, UNNIE!!!” Mi Na and So Hye squealed, showing their results: 100/100. “We got perfect in our exams!!”

Na Young could almost slap them because of the pranking but she was happy that they got perfect. They got scores in a range of 90 to 99, and only the shikshin duo got 100.

“At least we passed!” So Mi said, getting the lowest score of 90. “Now come on, let’s wrap our gifts for later!”

***

The wrapping of gifts took longer than expected. Na Young face-palmed. It was 5 minutes past 3 and they haven’t gone home yet. Chung Ha was struggling with some wrapped gifts as Yoo Jung got tangled on the gigantic roll of gift wrapper.

“Unnie, can I get a little help?” Yoo Jung asked.

“Aigoo…” Chae Yeon mumbled as she got Yoo Jung off of her mess. “Give me your gift. I’ll wrap it for you.”

Chae Yeon wrapped Yoo Jung’s gift neatly, finishing the gift wrapping. They got their warehouse clean, packed their gifts inside their bags and sprinted to the exit.

A van came in just in time. IOI were relieved, seeing Yeon Rin driving the vehicle. “Okay, kids. Hop in.”

IOI cheered. Do Yeon gets to sit in front as the rest sat on their respective seats. As they rode back home, Yeon Rin asked of the surprise.

“It’s going according to plan, unnie,” said Do Yeon. “Although…we’re in a delay for almost ten minutes…”

“I almost got in a delay too. I had to help Min Seo with some songs. Goodness…your unnie may be talented but sometimes she gets forgetful.” Yeon Rin said and they all chuckled, imagining a cute yet dense Choi Min Seo.

A few minutes later, IOI arrived at their mansion. The rest of them went ahead as Na Young and Do Yeon stayed, thanking Yeon Rin for picking them up.

“You’re welcome.” Yeon Rin smiled. “And as much as I love to help you guys, I need to be back at the company. I’ll text you of Min Seo’s whereabouts.”

“Okay, unnie.” Do Yeon nodded.

“Thank you, Yeon Rin-unnie. See you at the party,” said Na Young as Yeon Rin nodded and rode back to the company.

***

Inside the house, it was a blast. Na Young led them to completely set the party by 8:30 P.M. Se Jeong and Chung Ha divided the dongsaengs to do their specific tasks. Chae Yeon and So Hye hang the streamers and decoration, Chung Ha and So Mi cleaned the house, Na Young and Kyul Kyung to blow some balloons, and Se Jeong and Yeon Jung prepared the food.

Do Yeon and Yoo Jung leave the house to get the cake. Na Young warned them to be careful and not let Min Seo see them. While that went on, Mi Na was helping with the rest of the modifications. However, she made some changes which made some of her sisters a bit mad.

“Yah!” Yeon Jung yelped as Mi Na puts a finger on the sweet and sour chicken. “That’s disgusting, Mi Na.”

“What?” She asked, her fingers as she finished eating a piece. “I just wanted to test the food.”

Mi Na went to So Hye and Chae Yeon as they hang the last of the streamers. Mi Na smirked, trying to prank Chae Yeon by pulling her chair. She pulled it…only to gasp as Chae Yeon gripped onto So Hye, causing the penguin girl to fall instead of Chae Yeon.

That didn’t end Mi Na’s mischief. The last of the streamers caused a mess by the counter. So Mi groaned as Chung Ha gave Mi Na a serious look.

“What the heck, unnie?! I just cleaned that area!” So Mi yelped.

“That’s enough, Som.” Chung Ha said. “Mi Na, why don’t you help Kyul Kyung and Stone-unnie with the balloons?’”

Mi Na nodded as she went to Kyul Kyung and Na Young. She sat and blew some balloons. It was boring so she decided to blow a big balloon. Kyul Kyung yelped that the balloon Mi Na was blowing was getting bigger. Mi Na didn’t listen and continued to blow. Minutes later, it bursts…

Na Young’s eyes dilated as she heard a scream from So Hye and So Mi. She looked to see So Hye on the floor for the second time as So Mi froze, following a breaking sound.

“What the-“ Na Young gasped, seeing a broken frame by So Mi’s spot. “YAH, KANG MINA!!!”

Mi Na froze like the rest of her sisters. Na Young was usually serious but by the looks of it, Na Young was crossed. She went to So Hye, seeing her cry.

“T-The bal-balloon…*sniff*…it scared me. Plus my ankle’s sprained…”

Hearing So Hye cry made Mi Na stop. She went closer but Na Young told her to stay put. Yeon Jung sighed as she helped So Hye and they went to the living room. Na Young went back to So Mi, clearing the mess and sweeping the shards off of her feet.

Na Young saw the picture and it hit her. “Som…why the did you break the frame of Min Seo-unnie’s most precious picture?!”

“I was cleaning it when Mi Na-unnie bursts that balloon. I thought there was an explosion. I got scared and lost hold of the frame…” So Mi yelped as she cried. “I didn’t mean to, unnie…”

“We’re screwed.” Chung Ha gulped. “That frame meant a lot to Min Seo-unnie. She’s going to ground us for this.”

“Don’t blame me! Blame Mi Na-unnie!” So Mi pointed.

“Why me?!” Mi Na yelled. “I didn’t know the balloon could burst like that!”

“You’ve been into mischief, Mi Na,” said Yeon Jung. “You touch the food with your dirty hands, pranked Chae Yeon-unnie which made So Hye fall into her seat, then burst a balloon disobeying Kyul Kyung-unnie!”

“There’s nothing wrong with what I’m doing! I just wanted to help to make Min Seo-unnie’s surprise to be perfect!” Mi Na yelled back.

“Well, your ‘help’ isn’t helping us here. We only have two hours left and we’re not halfway done.” Yeon Jung said. “You even scared So Hye and So Mi and ended up breaking Min Seo-unnie’s most precious picture frame, which had a picture of her whole family!”

“Yeon Jung!” Se Jeong scolded her. “You don’t yell at your sister like that!”

Yeon Jung was silenced. Se Jeong saw Mi Na crying that she went to comfort her. She told everyone to resume working for their surprise as she and Mi Na went outside for some fresh air and relief.

***

Outside, Mi Na sniffled, wiping her tears off. Se Jeong could only look at the cutie, sighing. She pats her back as she looked at the sunset.

“Unnie.” Mi Na called and Se Jeong responded. “Did I just ruin the surprise for Min Seo-unnie?”

“Aigoo…you didn’t, okay? All of us are as persistent as you are to make the surprise a success.” Se Jeong said. “Although it wasn’t nice to prank Chae Yeon, Mi Na. You know that, right?” Se Jeong raised an eyebrow, adding a little smile.

“Yes, unnie.” Mi Na nodded. “I owe everyone an apology.”

“You’re forgiven, Mi Na.” Se Jeong said and the both of them chuckled. “Now don’t be sad. We have to make Min Seo-unnie happy on her day, remember?”

Mi Na nodded, knowing that Se Jeong was right. Se Jeong and Mi Na decide to go back inside. The both of them wowed, seeing the place almost ready. Mi Na saw So Hye resting on the couch as Yeon Jung comforted her and a crying So Mi. Mi Na went closer to them as she massaged So Hye’s ankle.

“Does it still hurt?” Mi Na asked, looking at her. “I’m sorry, So Hye.”

“It’s okay. Actually, you massage is making the pain go away.” So Hye smiled.

“Mi Na, I’m sorry if I yelled at you a while ago.” Yeon Jung apologized.

“I’m sorry too.” Mi Na smiled as they hugged each other. “Sorry too, Som.”

So Mi nodded and she and Mi Na hugged each other. Mi Na also apologized to the rest of her sisters, especially to Na Young. Na Young sighed and tackled Mi Na for a hug. Mi Na broke into tears as the rest went to comfort her as well, even a limping So Hye.

“Alright.” Kyul Kyung yelled as they broke from their group hug. “Let’s prepare for Min Seo-unnie’s birthday surprise!”

All of them cheered. Yoo Jung and Do Yeon finally came with the party hats and cake. They placed the ginormous cake and went to the living room, slumping themselves.

“That cake was heavy.” Yoo Jung huffed.

“My back hurts. I had to crouch for Yoo Jung’s sake.” Do Yeon huffed, getting a scowl from Yoo Jung as the rest laughed.

***

At the company, Min Seo was still doing the arrangements of her other jobs. But because of an emergency in the company, she had to rush things and arrive as soon as she can. Then again, Min Seo came late.

“What took you so long, Min Seo?” Yeon Rin asked.

“*pant*…I’m sorry.” Min Seo huffed. “I had to…you know…”

“Alright, we get the gist,” said Ri Rin. “Come on. We need to finish recording.”

Min Seo nodded as she went with the rest of ES7 for their recording.

*at the recording station*

With Min Seo’s tardiness, they had to double-time. It was fine for ES7 since they did their practices but Min Seo was having a hard time on the song. She was working and didn’t get to practice the song with them. So, she was only given an hour to master the song.

As the rest of them had their recording sessions, Min Seo focused, listening to the music and memorizing the lyrics and her rap. She even had her reactions from Ki Nam and Soo Hee’s rapping skills to Yeon Rin and Ri Rin’s adlibs. But then, it was her turn. She was a bit nervous and can get forgetful. But she was eager to do her task.

“Ready, Min Seo?” Yeon Rin asked.

“Ne.” She nodded.

The rest of them cheered. Min Seo gulped then she sang. The rest of them were impressed of Min Seo’s capability. Ki Nam expected her to do good, applauding lightly. Soo Hee and Yeon Rin wowed as Ri Rin almost danced to the beat. As Min Seo rapped, they cheered. And as Min Seo’s session ended, they sang ‘Happy Birthday’ as she got out.

Min Seo sighed hard then cried in utter happiness. ES7 hug her again as Min Seo became cheerful after an encore of ‘Happy Birthday’s.

“Thank you all so much.” Min Seo bowed.

“Invite us your place, Min Seo.” Ri Rin said.

“Yeah, unnie~! Let’s have a drink!” Soo Hee cheered.

Min Seo couldn’t argue that she agreed. ES7 cheered again as they followed Min Seo outside the company. Yeon Rin stayed behind as she called someone…

***

Na Young ended the call as IOI got ready. Yoo Jung went outside to be the lookout as the rest of them got ready for the arrangements. Minutes later, Yoo Jung signalled everyone to hide. She and Do Yeon stayed by the cake to light it up. So Hye and Mi Na closed the curtains as Se Jeong turned off the lights.

IOI had their eyes on the door as they were in their respective hiding places, with the DoDaeng couple hiding underneath the table. They heard Yeon Rin’s voice from outside as the door opened lightly.

”SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIN SEO-UNNIE!!” IOI came out of their hiding places as Min Seo came inside.

Min Seo froze and gasped as IOI sang ‘Happy Birthday’ softly, all while Do Yeon went closer with a little cake with a cute candle in the middle. Min Seo covered her face as she broke into a puddle of tears of joy. So Hye the lights and the Beagles went to comfort their unnie by dancing and singing hyperactively in front of her.

“Unnie…don’t cry…” Kyul Kyung was touched that she tears up and went to hug Min Seo.

Min Seo hugged her back, sobbing helplessly. ES7 and IOI tear up to see Min Seo like that. They knew she was extremely happy but they never thought their Choi Min Seo had a really soft spot, a thing that they found adorable.

“Yah…you just made Unnie so happy right now. Thank you, my dongsaengs…” Min Seo said as she hugged them. “I love you all so much.”

Before she could, Do Yeon was in front of her and Min Seo blew the candle. They all cheered as IOI went to hug their unnie. Do Yeon placed the cake on the table as she went with the rest of her sisters to hug her.

“Don’t forget us, especially me,” said Yeon Rin.

“You guys knew?” Min Seo asked ES7 and they nodded. “Oh my goodness…”

Min Seo gasped at ES7 and her sisters found her adorably stupid. She almost gave Yeon Rin a light slap on the shoulder and the rest of them laughed, followed by hugs.

“There’s one more thing.” Yeon Rin held her hand as she faced her sisters. “There are important people who came all this way to see their baby girl on her birthday.”

IOI made way and Min Seo saw Mi Na with her sisters, Min Yeon and Min Hyeong. Min Seo almost dropped to her knees that she made a stop to hug Mi Na, then her sisters by blood and by heart.

Min Seo was known by her sisters as the strong caring unnie and friend but as of this time, she turned into the cute and crying dongsaeng she was. IOI and ES7 shared her happiness and tears as Min Seo and her sisters share their hugs and kisses. Min Seo’s sobs were cute yet loud. Her sisters cried in her arms, letting Min Seo’s head bury onto their shoulders.

“Min Yeon-unnie…Min Hyeong-unnie…” Min Seo called while crying. “I missed you guys so much…”

“Min Seo-ya…” Min Hyeong pats her back while crying.

“My baby girl…I missed you…” Min Yeon spoke as she tries to get a good look at her dongsaeng. “You know we’re proud of you of making out here this far, taking care of our future dongsaengs…”

“You’re a whopper, Min Seo.” Min Hyeong spoke. “And we really love you for that…”

Min Seo hugged them tighter, not wanting to leave their arms. Min Yeon comforted her dongsaeng to be cheerful on her special day. She tries as Na Young and Yeon Rin welcome them home. The rest of the dongsaengs were happy to meet their other two unnies Min Seo couldn’t stop talking about.  Min Seo hugged IOI and ES7 again as she regained her smile.

“My goodness…” Min Seo mumbled as she wiped her tears away. “I thought you couldn’t make it.”

“We should have time for family.” Min Yeon said. “Just like the old times…”

“And who would want to miss you birthday, my dongsaeng? I expected some treats, remember?” Min Hyeong said that everyone laughed. “Our dongsaengs prepared all of this for you. And it has been our pleasure to be here to celebrate your day.”

“Aish, forget the sadness…” Min Yeon said. “Let’s party!!”

***

Min Seo couldn’t recall the time she felt ecstatic. With her celebration with friends and family, she couldn’t feel any happier. This day has been the happiest day of her life.

The party was a blast. They ate delicious food, sang and danced, and had their talks. Min Seo even got to open her presents from everyone. The party continued wildly until it settled at another day, with drinks and more talks.

Na Young, Se Jeong, Chung Ha, Chae Yeon, together with ES7, Min Seo and her sisters, sat by the living room, drinking light alcohol. The dongsaengs had to sleep since it was already late plus they couldn’t drink yet.

“Hey…” Min Yeon nudges her dongsaeng. “What are you thinking about?”

“Yesterday…it was the best day that has ever happened to me.” Min Seo said.

“You deserve the best gift, Min Seo,” said Ki Nam. “You’ve been the best friend and sister we have. It’s about time we do the favour for all you did for us.”

“Agreed.” Ri Rin nodded.

“Ki Nam-unnie’s right,” said Chung Ha. “You deserve the best.”

Min Seo patted Chung Ha’s head as she snuggled onto Min Seo. “Thank you.”

“*sigh*…I used to hug Min Seo like that before she turned into a giant,” said Min Yeon.

Min Hyeong got to hug Chae Yeon and Se Jeong as Na Young hugged Min Yeon despite of their height gap. ES7 found the Choi Sisters adorable.

“Yah, Min Hyeon-unnie. You’re filial just like the old times.” Min Seo said.

“I know.” Min Hyeong nods as Se Jeong and Chae Yeon lean onto her. “Just like when you were little, Min Seo.”

Min Yeon checked her watch as Na Young asked her. “Are you going to go again, unnie?”

Min Seo knew that. She sighed as Min Yeon nodded. Min Hyeong pats Chae Yeon and Se Jeong’s backs as she lets go. Min Seo lets go of Chung Ha for a moment before hugging them tight.

“Thank you for coming here. I know you’re going back to work again but thank you so much for being here.”

“Anything for our little Min Seo...” Min Yeon said, hugging her and kissing her cheek.

“We’ll keep in touch, okay girl?” Min Hyeong hugged her and kissed her cheek too.

“Ne.” Min Seo nodded.

“We also need to go, Min Seo. Thanks for the wonderful party.” Yeon Rin said.

“Thank you too…for being here.” Min Seo as she hugs them one by one.

Her sisters and ES7 said their goodbyes, leaving the house. The rest of them watch their unnie sigh sadly. Chae Yeon went closer, holding her hand. “Unnie…unnie, are you okay?”

“I am, Chae Yeon-ah. Don’t worry.” Min Seo smiled, assuring her and the rest.

“I’m tired, unnie…” Chung Ha yawned. “Can we go to sleep now?”

Min Se nods. They give their kisses on Min Seo’s cheek as they go back to their room to sleep. Min Seo chuckled, seeing the glasses and empty bottles on the floor. She was thankful for her dongsaeng’s surprise that she made some action to clean the place up.

***

It was 2:00 A.M. Min Seo finished cleaning the place and she was ready to go to bed. As she got in, she saw Mi Na slumped on her bed. She chuckled as she went closer and lay on the bed with her.

“Unnie…” Mi Na woke up and scooted closer to cuddle onto her. “Finally you’re here…*yawn*…I’ve been waiting so that we can sleep together…”

Min Seo looked down to see her dongsaeng asleep on her arms. Min Seo sighed and fell asleep with her.

She was to make sure to thank all of them later…

*morning*

Min Seo was the first to wake up. She yawned, checking the clock to see that it was 9 in the morning. On her side, Mi Na was still asleep. Min Seo pats her head, adjusting her strands of hair as she lets her have her rest. It was the weekends anyways so she lets her dongsaengs have some rest. And with their results of their exam, she’d treat them to someplace special later.

“Unnie…” Mi Na called and was in the brink of getting up. “Unnie, hug me…”

Min Seo did so and Mi Na hugged her back, her arms around Min Seo’s neck and her legs trying to wrap around Min Seo’s. Mi Na nuzzled on Min Seo’s neck as she cuddled up to her.

“Unnie…” Mi Na called again, still asleep. “I love you…”

Min Seo chuckled. Mi Na was just adorable for her own good. Min Seo hugs Mi Na closer to her as she whispered. “I love you too…”

Within a few minutes, Mi Na woke up with a smiling Min Seo meeting her vision. Mi Na giggled, her hand holding Min Seo’s cheek, her fingers caressing her cheek.

“Good morning, Mi Na.” Min Seo said.

“Good morning, unnie.” Mi Na said, letting her nose touch onto Min Seo’s. “I love you.”

“I love you, too.” Min Seo said. “Thank you for the surprise yesterday. I really appreciate it.”

“Anything for you, unnie…” Mi Na answered. “Min Yeon-unnie and Min Hyeong-unnie are just like you, unnie. They actually called me, saying they will be coming. I didn’t tell you right away because I want to surprise you.”

“And you did.” Min Seo said, patting Mi Na’s head.

“I wish Sung Byul-unnie could’ve celebrated with us.” Mi Na pouted. “I wanted my two unnies together on your special day.”

“We can. How about we visit her later?” Min Seo suggested.

Mi Na was happy as she hugged Min Seo tight. Min Seo has some strength as she carried Mi Na. The cutie giggled. She liked being carried by her unnie like a little kid. Min Seo adjusts her, giving her a piggyback ride. “Let’s go? Will you help Unnie make breakfast?”

“Ne~!” Mi Na cheered.

Min Seo walked, carrying Mi Na. Mi Na wrapped her arms around Min Seo’s neck, her head leaning on her shoulder as they went down the kitchen.

***

"Unnie?" Mi Na asked as they made bacon and pancakes. "I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" Min Seo asked her.

"I kinda...broke the frame that had a picture of you and family." She mumbled.

Min Seo almost dropped her ladle as she rushed to check the photo with a better new frame and another picture taken yesterday with her sisters, ES7, and IOI. For Mi Na, she was a ball of mischief on the preparation. Technically, So Mi broke the frame but she took the blame anyways.

Mi Na gulped as Min Se faced her. Min Seo looked serious...but then, she went to hug her. "I'm not going to flip out. In fact, thank you for replacing the frame. I love it plus you added another frame with a picture during my birthday so don't get that in your head. I don't mind, really."

Mi Na tackled her and kissed her cheek. Min Seo laughed and they resume on cooking breakfast.

Min Seo starts another day being 30 and raising her dongsaengs again. Despite of another start of her being 30, she will never forget the day she had fun, the day when she felt a lot of emotions, and the day wherein she spends it with friends and family.

What a special event it was for her. She will never forget her day…her very special day.


Well...this had to be updated, at least. I finished it yesterday so I had to update it today. Even though I still had my exams, I had to update this. For the rest of the stories, they'll be updated next week. Advance Merry Chiristmas, guys ~

Love lots from asahdako