Chapter 1 - Grades doesn't make a person

S.I.N.C.E.R.I.T.Y
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     

*MyungWon Medical Centre , Dr. park Office 5.00 p.m.

    "Seungyub! Come to my office at once after school ends. My men will be there to get you. There's no running away again! I've saw your grades. Why are you so useless huh? you son of a b*tch! I'm hanging up!" Dr. Park Seo Joon called his one and only brother. Seo Joon is the owner of MyungWon Specialist Medical Centre , which was originally owned by Prof. Park DongMin his late grandfather. 

*MyungSoo High , classroom

   "Guess my day has come." Seunghyub sigh after he got the phone call from Seo Joon. He was afraid. Enough with last month mock exam beating , he had to get it again now without even disscussing with his brother. Seunghyub clean up his table and classroom since he was alone in the class and today it was his his forn the duty. Seunghyub sweep the floor and arrange the table. His back hurts. Seunghyub went to the lobby and it was raininig, Just in time his brother's men came to fetch him and bring him to Dr. Park Seo Joon. 

          Seunghyub arrive in front of Dr. Park Seo Joon office..a.ka. The President Office,He hesistated to knock. He had to do it. "Tuk..tuk..tuk..." "Come in"The voice from inside. He became more nervous. He enter while avoiding eye contact with Seo Joon. Seo Joon smirk. "Well.you've came. Legs and head on the ground.! Don't waste my time here! " Seunghyub obeys and does the posture. (He will get beat on the ) "Okay Ready? Well.. you got 5 less than 100 for Maths ..2 less than 100 for Biology ..4 less than 100 for Physics and 1 less than 100 for English! That'll be 12 beats! What worst you got 2nd place! I've told you right?! All 100 and 1st place. What do you think you are? Nobody cares for the 2nd place! You are really embarassing! Keep your head straight!" Seo Joon starts to beat Seunghyub with a Kendo stick. "1! 2! 3! 4! 5! 6! 7! 8! Keep your head straight!" Seo Joon beat him very hard that Seunghyub can't take it anymore. "Hyung...It hurts,,,really..much" Seunghyub groans, "Do I care? WHo told you get those grades?! You got bad marks for the subjects that are very important for doctors! Do you really want to be a doctor?! Keep your head straight!" Seunghyub cried quietly. He keeps his head straight. "9! 10! 11! 12!" Seunghyub fell. It hurts really much. "Stand up! You haven't got your punishment for 2nd place!" Seunghyub tries to get up. Seo Joon pissed off. He kneeled down with one leg and pulled Seunghyub collar. They face each other. "Your college entrance exam is 100 days from now. Do it properly! Or not you won't get into any prestigous college!" With that Seunghyub receive a very hard slap on his face. Seunghyub was in despair. "WHy do I have to live like this?" He monologue. 'Now go home!" Seo Joon wipe his hand and sit on his table. "Go straight home. DOn't stop anywhere. Call a taxi if it was raining. Don't eat any street snack. It's not healthy. " Seunghyub was still on the ground. He smirk. 

             Seo Joon got a phone call from the ER. He rush out but manage to say to Seunghyub. "Go home safely. Don't be injured." WIth that Seo Joon run to the ER leaving Seunghyub in pain alone. Seunghyub laugh. "You beat me like this yet you still care? What a two face human you are!" Seunghyub cried hardly. He barely can stand nor walk. Seunghyub try very hard to walk. He walk out of the hospital while holding  the wall handler. It was very cold winter night, Seunghyub was only wearing his school uniform . He doesn't have any hot packs or coat at the time. He thought of going to the nearest convenience store to buy some medicine and bandages. On the way back , Senghyub bumped into the kingkas in his class. 

            "Well well .. who do we have here? Mr. 2nd place. What are you ding in the cold? Not even wearing any coats?" Seunghyub afraid,He can't defend himself that time. His whole body was injured. Seunghyub shake his head. "PLease let me go. I have to head back home now. Please..." The kingkas laugh. The kingkas' leader N laugh evily. "What? Let you go? I didn't touch you yet. Guess you have to receive some beating from us before goinghome right? Chicks better not lingering alone at night. Especially the weak ones. May we start?" Seunghyub was afraid, He move back couple of steps. "Please no. I've received enough. " "What do we care?" Ken laugh loudly. The Kingkas starts to torment Seunghyub. Seunghyub was defendless. The torment last about 5 minutes when N got a call from his father to head back home. "Well it's your night tonight. Have a safe trip home." The kingka left the site. Seunghyub was very weak. He vomit blood. Seunghyub face was a mess. His lips was bloody. Seunghyub can't even stand up. His medication scattered all over the ground. Seunghyub had no choice but to call a private taxi. "Hello? It's me , The bloody student from yesterday. Could you please take me home. I'm at the Cheongdam residential park. I can't stand up. " " Did you hurt yourself again Sir? Well I'll get to you as fast as I can." "Thank you."

           5 minutes afterwards the private taxi came. "Are you okay sir?" Seunghyub smiled. He felt relieved that at least one person could be nice to him. "I'm okay just that I can't walk . "No problem sir. Hold me tight , I'll carry you to the car. Is there anything left behind? " The driver ask, "No." The driver carry Seunghyub into the car. "Do you remember the way to my house sir ?" Seunghyub ask. "Well yes." The taxi driver drive hime to the house. " Are you sir you don't have to go to the hospital Your condition right now.. It seems more critical than yesterday. Are you feeling okay? " " Don't worry sir. I can manage it. I don't have to go to the hospital ." Seunghyub smiled. The taxi driver was very sympathized for Seunghyub. He looks miserable.

          The taxi driver stops in front of Seunghyub house. He help Seunghyub out of the car. "Ahjussi..you can me to the doorstep." . Seunghyub smiles. "Are you really okay?" The taxi driver concerns. "I'm really okay. Don't worry. Here's the payment. Just keep the change. Thank You Ahjussi." Seunghyub stands at the doorstep . He waves to the ahjussi. "Have a safe trip back home!" "Be careful okay?!" The taxi driver leaves a message. Seunghyub nods. As soon as the taxi driver gone from Seunghyub sight , he place his finger at the scanner. The door automatically open. Seunghyub went in . Suddenly ,

         "Why now?!" Seunghyub nose bleed. He tries to stop the bleeding. The poor boy uses the back door to enter. He can't let any blood traces make his hyung concern. Seunghyub enter the house. The back door leads him to the kitchen. Seunghyub went in to get a bottle of painkiller and a bootle of water. After that , he went straight to his room at the second floor. 

            In the room , Seunghyub sits on his study table and stare into the thin air. "Why am I living like this?" Seunghyub was depressed. Seunghyub change his clothes . He ate all the medication and continue to study. Earphones on and he starts with Add Math. 

            It was 1.00 a.m. in the morning and Seo Joon just got back from work. He got three days off. Seo Joon buys some bandages from the convenience store. The stocks at home were cleared by Seunghyub. As soon he arrive , he went to the kitchen , Seo Joon opens the fridge. "Did he ate anything for dinner? I should have told him to eat dinner at the centre's cafe." Seo Joon went up to check on Seunghyub. He opens the door and was in shock.

             Seunghyub hasn't sleep yet instead he was still on the study corner studying with a yellow light. Seo Joon felt bad. He enters. Seunghyub didn't notice as he is wearing earphones. "Seunghyub-ya...aren't you sleepy? It's cold and tomorrow is a school day." Seunghyub surprised. He didn't have any idea that Seo Joon will be at home that night, "Umm...I-I..jus-t...I'm g-going to sleep now. Goodnight!" Seunghyub jump on the bed and cover his body with the blanket. He didn't even clean up his books. Seo Joon knows well that Seunghyub is afraid of him. Even to make eyecontact. He knows that Seunghyub would go to school very early and eat a packet of gimbap for breakfast from the convenience store every morning and took a part-time job to get some allowance, Seunghyub never meant to joke around him or call him to ask a favor. He would always do it by himself and obeys everything. 

            "Are you really sleeping right now. I'll put it here. Put it on before the wound gets swollen. I'll head out first. Goodnight." Seo Joon put the bandages and oilment beside his bed, He move out and close the door. Seunghyub sit and stare at the plastic. He monologue again. "Do I really have to live like this? What are my destiny actually.Am I destined to live a coward life and be a dog to everyone?" Seunghyub cried in the dark alone quietly. He didn't sleep a blink that night. The next he gets ready to school , 

            As always he is done with the preparation to go to school , he would go downstairs at 6.00 a.m. and take his bike to school. That morning he saw , Seo Joon at the kitchen, He was too afraid to take his water bottle so he just walk out. "Ya Pak Seunghyub! Stop right there!" Seunghyub was surprised, He turned around fearful. Afraid of being scoled in the early morning. "Why didn't you bring any water to school?!" He got caught. "I-I was-just..umm.. about to...umm..get..it" Seunghyub quickly take his water bottle in the fridge and ran out. "Hey! Hey! Stop!" Seo Joon pulled his arm. "It's cold and dark. Let me give you a ride." Seunghyub shook his head. "N-no..thank you. It's uncomfortable. I-I can exercise while riding-my-bike...umm...c-can I-I g-go now? I-Im late." Seo Joon let go of his arm. Seunghyub ran out and clumsily take his bike and cycled quickly. Seo Joon ran out and shouts. "Hey! Cycled safely! The road is slippery!" Seo Joon sighs. "Its so cold today." Seo Joon realize that Seunghyub didn't wear any coat or sweater or gloves. "Can't that boy be more prepared for the cold weather? I was just about to make breakfast for him." Seo Joon sighs and quickly went upstairs to take Seunghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter