That One Fateful Day

The Girl

Looking far into the ocean, the sea was glistening and the sea breeze was calming. Jimin and his group of friends were running around the coast, playing catching while looking for coconuts. Children's laughter filled the air, along with the waves crashing in on the shore. Jimin ran as far as his feet can bring him to as he looked back and saw Jungkook and Taehyung running after him from a distance. He stopped his tracks and shouted, "You can't catch me! I am the Island's fastest boy alive!!" He stuck his tongue out and whirled around, running into a tree. 

Thud! He fell onto the sandy beach as his friends burst into laughter. He pouted and rubbed his already red forehead. "Thanks for being great friends, guys." And he stood up. Namjoon soon caught up with the group and chuckled. "Yah, dongsaeng ah, you okay?" He crouched abit and got smacked on the arm. "Hyung! I'm not THAT short, you know!!" And he pouted more. 

"Let's just head back to the village, Jin hyung and I collected enough coconuts while all of you had your fun." Namjoon instructed and just like a leader, the rest followed his trail. As the saying goes, Follow The Leader. While walking, Jimin felt a gush of strong wind and the brightness of the Island dimmed. He turned around and saw that a storm was coming. Jungkook, realising the storm was coming closer and closer, grabbed Jimin by the wrist and pulled. "Hyung, let's go before the storm hits us." 

But, there's something about the storm. It's not like any other storm... Jimin thought. Brushing the thought away, they made their way back to the village and warned them about the incoming storm.

--

A large ship set sail on the ocean, a group of people set out to sea as they discovered the unchartered ocean along with a beautiful little girl. The chief of the deck decided to bring his child out to the sea to widen her interest of the sea and exploring it. The ship swayed from side to side as they were out in the middle of nowhere, when suddenly the ship jerked and everyone jumped. 

Chief Kim ran out of the bedroom, leaving his kid and wife in there to see a gargantuan ship sailing beside them, shooting arrows at the side. "Pirates" Chief Kim growled with gritted teeth. He quickly shouted the crew to get ready their weapons as he ran back into the room to his wife. 

"Honey, we're being attacked, so I need you to stay in here and be safe. Do not come out at all, alright?" He whispered and looked at her lovingly. "Hopefully we can make it out, together." He looked at his child and teared. They were attacked by pirated by the nth time throughout this journey, that was probably the worst encounter yet. Worried that they may not make it alive, he kissed his loved ones one more time before leaving the room. 

With determination to save his family and crew, he put his game face on and lead the team to victory against the pirates. It was a gruelling battle, but they made it. They celebrated in joy and happiness, until a strong gush of wind came. Everyone was silenced as he storm approached. 

Chief Kim's heart sank as he thought about losing his wife and daughter. He looked at the room again and clenched his fist. "The battle is not over yet my friends! Get ready the sails and ropes! The storm is here." The crew scrambled to get ready extra supplies for sailing and kept the food resources in a safe place. 

As the frenzy continued, Mrs Kim was comforting her girl as the storm came. The baby girl screamed and cried in terror and Mrs Kim comforted her. "The sea is not all that bad, my dear. The sea can be a beautiful place, but also devilish. I hope you grow up to love the sea as much as your father and I do." She kissed her baby one last time before the water broke through the wooden door and flooded the room.

It was her last time seeing her daughter. 

---

Pitter Patter Pitter Patter.

Jimin stared at the rain droplets as they made ripples on the water body called the sea. He sighed and rested his head on his fist. He was just staring out in the sea when a knock came. 

"Yah, Jimin ah. Thanks for housing us for ahwile. Your kindness will be repayed." Hobi came in and ruffled his hair. Jimin was pretty much known for being the most genrous and gracious little boy on the Island. And fortunately, Jimin's house was the nearest to the sea and decided to house them. Just in time till the storm took course. Jimin smiled and chuckled. "No problem, hyung! Anything to keep all of you safe." 

Soon, oneby one, his 6 friends sat beside him as they watched the rain continued. They soon grew tired of it and all slept through the storm. 

Later that day, the storm cleared and Jimin was the first to wake up. Yawning and rubbing his eyes. That was a really great nap. He smiled and looked out at the sea. He looked back to his room and took a double take at the shore. He quickly got up on his feet and shouted. "There's a girl on the beach! There's a girl!" He quickly ran to the kitchen to get some supplies and quickly ran.

"Ya Jimin ah!" Ignoring his parents' and hyungs' calls, he ran out to shore and abruptly stopped his tracks near the trees. As he slowly moved forward, the tree leaves rustled and he glared at the trees. "Shhh!!" He shushed the trees and advanced forward.

He was getting closer to the girl when he heard more rustling. "SHHHHH!!!" He turned around and his friends froze in very awkward positions. Jimin glared and continued to advance. He kneeled down and looked at the girl. She was drenched and covered with sand. He placed his finger near her nose and sighed in relief. 

"So is she alive?" Jimin got startled and saw his friends hovering him. "Yes, she's alive! But I don't think she's from here..." He mumbled and brushed her hair away. Everyone gasped and looked at each other. She's pretty... They thought. Jimin quickly pushed his supplies to Taehyung and went around the girl.

"Jungkook ah, help me carry her to my place. We can't just a human on the shore under the scorching sun." Everyone was skeptical was his decision in bringing the girl back to the village. But eventually did so anyway.

Jimin's parents were loving enough to accept the girl into their family and took care of her as she slept. Jimin, being the one who found her, decided to take all responsibility of her and took care of her like his own little sister. His friends admired his kindness and never knew he was THIS caring and loving. 

It was as if the legend they heard since they were born was being retold again.