Baby It's Cold Outside

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Fresh snow filled the ground, making outside look like a snow globe.

“I hope they made it home okay,” Dongwoo added looking through the window at the street below.

“I’m sure they’re fine,” Hoya added, wiping his face with an old ratty towel that should have been thrown away weeks ago.

It was Christmas eve and most of the company had already left. Except for Hoya and Dongwoo who had an even on Christmas day. Unlike the other members who were given not only Christmas eve off, but Christmas day off too.

It wasn’t fair one bit, but at least he had Dongwoo, Hoya thought.

“I should get going,” Dongwoo added as he grabbed his jacket off of a chair.

“Already?” Hoya muttered out.

“I really can’t stay,” Dongwoo pointed out as he zipped up his brightly colored jackets that had both polka dots and stripes.

Hoya let out a sigh, “B-But it’s cold outside.”

“It’s alright,” Dongwoo smiled. “Plus, I promised my Mother I would come home tonight. You know, since I’ll be busy tomorrow with the event. She wants to decorate cookies like we used to do when I was small. Plus, I have to hang up some more decorations at my parent's church.”

Dongwoo always loved Christmas so it wasn’t surprising that he would go running home, even if we had a tight schedule. Last year Dongwoo dressed up as an elf to go volunteer at the local hospital. Too bad Dongwoo had his dates off and ended up showing up a week late.

Dongwoo loved Christmas which made today the perfect day.

“Ah yes, we got a lot done,” Dongwoo smiled to himself clearly missing Hoya’s words.

“Well, see you later,” Dongwoo nodded his head.

“Wait,” Hoya called after him as he grabbed his hands.

“Your hand are so cold,” Hoya mumbled out.

“Poor circulations,” Dongwoo shrugged.

Did I really just try to hold his hands? What an idiot!

“I really should go my mother will start to worry,” Dongwoo added looking at the old clock in the corner of the dance studio.

“Can’t you just stay for one minute?” Hoya asked, praying that Dongwoo would just say yes this once. “What’s the hurry right.”

“My father will be mad if I’m late…”

“We can start the fireplace and have some coffee if only for a minute!”

“Really I should go I don’t want them to worry about me,” Dongwoo pointed out.

“Please just give me a second,” Hoya added. “We never really get to hang with each other anymore and no practicing isn’t really hanging out together.”

Dongwoo bite the corner of his lip as his eyes started Hoya up and down as if he was trying to understand why Hoya was acting this way.

“Okay,” he said as he started to his jacket. “Maybe for a couple of minutes.”

“Can you put on some music and I’ll go get some coffee or something,” Hoya added as he walked to the door.

Dongwoo nodded as he walked towards the computer that they use to practice their dances on.

Hoya felt as if he was meeting Dongwoo all over again. Although it had been over five years since that day he still remembers it like it was yesterday. They were in a JYP office waiting to try out again for a second audition. The other additions were saying their verses under their breath or mincing their dance moves but not Dongwoo. Dongwoo was laughing crazily as he played with a glass table.

 

Hoya thought he was crazy, but then something changed... he changed.

 
                           
 

When Hoya walked back into the dance studio. He could hear the sounds of Christmas jazz music playing.

“It’s Kenny G,” Dongwoo told him as he took the cup. “My Mother always plays it during the holidays.”

He nodded his head as if he knew what the hell he was talking about.

“I can’t stay long. Plus, we should have been out of here an hour ago. What would the staff think.” Dongwoo laughed, causing Hoya’s ears to turn red.

“T-That we are practicing hard!” Hoya sputtered out.

Dongwoo took a sip of his drink.

“Hmm,” Dongwoo added. “What’s in the drink... it’s good.”

“Hot chocolate with a little bit of peppermint,” Hoya smiled. “Listen, maybe you should spend the night here? It’s really bad outside and there's probably no cabs anyways.”

“I can walk,” Dongwoo add as he took another sip.

“The truth is…”

“Plus, I’m a man so my heart is made of fire!”

“I’m not sure when it happen, but I…”

But I have fallen for you and now all I wanna do is kiss you and do other things such as g-

“Are you winking at me?” Dongwoo suddenly said.

“I ah,” Hoya muttered out as he grabbed his eye. “It twitches sometimes.”

“Oh, right,” Dongwoo muttered to himself as if it was completely normal. “I guess I can use the storm as an excuse of being late. Although I really can’t stay right now,” Dongwoo pointed out.

“Just a couple of minutes,” Hoya added. “It’s cold outside.”

Dongwoo nodded, turning his attention to the window. “Aw, it is snowing very hard.”

“You see,” Hoya pointed out hopeful that the man could stay for a couple more minutes.

“But I had fun,” Dongwoo added, tossing the cup into the garbage bin.”But I need to go.”

“Look at the windows,” Hoya pointed to the window once again. “It’s storming can’t you see.”

“But my sisters will think I’m out with a girl,” Dongwoo added as he bit the corner of his lips.

“Gosh your lips are delicious,” Hoya muttered to himself.

“My uncle will be waiting for me too and you know I haven’t seen him in forever!”

“I mean,” Hoya swallowed. “I haven’t seen a storm like this before and I just want you to be safe.”

“I’ve gotta get home,” Dongwoo pointed out, grabbing his jacket once again.

“But Baby,” Hoya paused, hoping that Dongwoo didn’t hear his mistake. “I mean Hyung, you will freeze to death out there.”

“Then can you lend me a hat?” Dongwoo asked, pointing to the pile of hats in the corner of the room that Hoya was supposed to bring home last week and the week before that.

“Look the snow will be up to your knees out there,” Hoya added feeling that all of this would have been for nothing.

Why couldn’t he just tell him the truth?

Why did this have to be so hard?

“We should hang out tomorrow after the show, but right now I need to go,” Dongwoo smiled.

“It’s just I wanna hold your hand,” Hoya bit his lip.

“Should I call my mom?” Dongwoo added to himself as he grabbed his bag.

“I like you,” Hoya confessed softly.

“It’s a ten-minute walk, though,” Dongwoo told himself as he zipped up his jacket.

“Did you hear me?” Hoya asked him.

“Sorry Hoya, but now I’m really late. My Mother is going to kill me!” Dongwoo panicked.

“But…”

Dongwoo waved goodbye as he hurried out of the room.

The door slammed shut which for some reason felt like a slap in the face.

“But I like you…”

Hoya felt like he wanted to cry or scream he wasn’t sure which one he was going to do first. Maybe he picked the worst day to tell Dongwoo the truth. He just thought that a romantic day like Christmas could make Dongwoo bias in saying yes.

“I think I love you Jang Dongwoo,” he sighed. “I love you even if you don’t see me that way.”

The door swung open, causing Hoya’s heart to jump out of his body.

“Sorry I forgot something,” Dongwoo replied as he walked into the room towards Hoya.

“Oh, right, you were going to borrow my ha-”

Soft lips smashed against Hoya’s sending a wave of emotions throughout his body. Because Jang Dongwoo was kissing him.

“Sorry,” Dongwoo pulled back with a smile. “I couldn’t help myself.”

“Un-hun,” Hoya muttered out.

“I’ll see you tomorrow and make sure you wear a hat home because baby it’s cold outside.”

Hoya raised an eyebrow. “Baby?”

“Too corny?”

“No perfect,” Hoya grinned. “Because today is a perfect day."


Hi guys,
So I really hope you enjoy this short one shot. If you did like it please feel free to write a comment down below. Also I may or may not be posting more christmas stories this week.
-Morgan