New Year, New Me

SaTzu One-Shots

Today is January 1st.

Tzuyu decided that New Year’s day would be the day that she’ll change. She made a few New Year’s resolutions and she is determined to complete them. She’ll stop being quiet. She’ll stop being blunt. She’ll stop being a prude. Tzuyu has been single for far too long. It’s time for her to get out there and actually accept people into her life.

“Come on Tzuyu, you can do this! Just get out there and flirt with the first person you see!”

Tzuyu walked out of her house confidently.

“Hi Tzuyu, lovely morning, isn’t it?” Tzuyu’s old neighbor greeted her as she watered her dying flowers.

“H-Hi! Yes, this has been a great morning so far,” Tzuyu replied as she awkwardly smiled and waved.

Okay, flirt with the second person you see!

The rest of the street was empty of people. Tzuyu decided to walk deeper into town.

“Hey girl, how you doin’?” some gangster looking guy winked at Tzuyu. Tzuyu shuddered.

Third person. Third person will be nice.

Tzuyu ignored him and continued to walk down the street.

“Hi Tzuyu!”

Tzuyu saw Chaeyoung.

No, screw that. It’s like dating my sister.

Tzuyu looked at the person that was next to Chaeyoung. She didn’t know who she was.

“H-Hello! My name is Tzuyu! I have decided to become more open and welcome potential love partners into my life! Are you interested?” Tzuyu shook the girl’s hand vigorously.

“Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung shoved Tzuyu away, “This is my girlfriend!”

“O-Oh.”

“This is Mina,” Chaeyoung grumbled and rolled her eyes. She kept a hold on Mina. She was low-key trying to keep her away from Tzuyu. No one takes things that belongs to the beast.

“Hi…” Mina smiled softly.

“Nice to meet you… Sorry for that rather odd… introduction,” Tzuyu apologized, rubbing the back of her head.

“What was up with that anyway?” Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

“I… Uh…” Tzuyu coughed, “I have a New Year’s resolution.”

“And what is it?”

“T-To get a boyfriend… or girlfriend… Whichever comes first,” Tzuyu replied quietly, “and I’m going to try to be less of a… prude.”

Chaeyoung laughed loudly, “Okay, if you say so!”

“Maybe you shouldn’t come on so strong,” Mina suggested.

“I came on strong? I’m sorry, I’ve never done this before,” Tzuyu sighed. Her whole body drooped.

“I-It’s okay! It’s just… You shouldn’t start conversations by asking people if they’re interesting in being your… love partner,” Mina chuckled softly.

“I see…”

“Don’t take it too hard. I mean, if I wasn’t with Chaeyoung, I might have been interested in you…” Mina tried to comfort Tzuyu.

Chaeyoung’s eye twitched.

“Okay, it was nice seeing you Tzuyu! Bye!” Chaeyoung dragged Mina away.

“B-Bye?” Tzuyu stared at their retreating backs.

Weirdo.

Tzuyu continued walking and saw a girl’s back. Tzuyu tapped her shoulder.

“Hi,” Tzuyu smiled. The girl turned around.

Tzuyu flinched a little bit as she watched the girl’s snot-filled nose drip. The snot dripped into the girl’s mouth. She swallowed it.

“Yes?” the girl replied.

“N-Nothing!” Tzuyu ran off.

Scratch that, I’ll talk to the first person that looks HUMANE.

Tzuyu saw many people after that, but they frightened her. She wanted someone cute, looks loving, and doesn’t eat their boogers.

Tzuyu walked into a grocery store. She decided to take a break from her “hunting” and buy a drink. Tzuyu got a bottle of water; she walked to the where the cashiers were located. She stood at the back of the line. She heard someone tap her from behind.

“Excuse me, do you know if this grocery store sells chocolate-covered raisins?” she heard an angelic voice.

Tzuyu slowly turned around and immediately thanked the lord for blessing her today. The girl was a little shorter than her, had very cute cheeks, a bright smile, and does not have snot dripping down her nose.

“I-I’m not sure,” Tzuyu replied with a slightly creepy smile.

“Oh,” the girl pouted.

“I can help you look.” Tzuyu got out of the line, much to people’s relief.

“Would you? Thank you so much~” the girl skipped next to Tzuyu.

“I’m Tzuyu, by the way,” Tzuyu said as she held out her hand.

“Sana.” Sana smiled as she shook Tzuyu’s hand.

“Let’s look for your chocolate-covered raisins!” Tzuyu let go of Sana’s hand reluctantly before walking down a random aisle.

“Should we really be looking at the pain medication aisle?” Sana questioned as she followed Tzuyu.

God, I’m a .

“N-No, let’s go to the snack aisle.” Tzuyu looked at the top of the grocery store for a sign that indicated that below it was the snack aisle. Tzuyu found it. She sighed happily and walked towards it. Sana giggled and followed her.

“So, what are you here to get?” Sana asked cutely as she skipped beside Tzuyu.

“A drink,” Tzuyu answered, holding up her bottle of water.

“Oh, did you do some extraneous activities today?” Sana smiled.

“Uh…”

I went hunting for a potential lover and I think I found her.

“Not really, just thirsty,” Tzuyu replied.

Heh.

Sana nodded as they both reached the snack aisle. The two looked up, down, and all around for the chocolate-covered raisins.

“I don’t think they have any…” Tzuyu said sadly as she couldn’t find the snack.

“Aww…” Sana pouted. Tzuyu’s heart broke at the sight.

“I-I’ll look harder!” Tzuyu was determined to find the weird-sounding snack for her future bae.

“I think I see it up there,” Sana said, pointing above them. Tzuyu looked at where Sana was pointing. Sana was right - placed very highly on the shelf was a package that had the label “chocolate-covered raisins”.

“I-It’s a bit high…” Tzuyu replied as she looked at the snack.

“Maybe I should ask someone else for help.”

Hell no.

“No!” Sana jumped at the sound. Tzuyu smiled sheepishly.

“I mean, I’ll get it down,” Tzuyu awkwardly corrected herself as she walked to the shelf. She jumped as high as she could and reached out her hand. She wasn’t even close to it.

“Tzuyu-”

“No! I’ll get it… somehow.”

Tzuyu walked around the aisle, thinking. She suddenly looked up with a bright expression. She called Sana over.

“Yes?” Sana walked close to Tzuyu.

“Get on my shoulders.”

“What?”

“Get on my shoulders,” Tzuyu repeated.

“Uh-”

“I’ll be careful! I won’t drop you, I promise~” Tzuyu held out her pinky finger. Sana giggled and wrapped her own pinky around Tzuyu’s.

“Okay, if you say so.”

Tzuyu bent down so that Sana could get onto her shoulders. Sana climbed on top of Tzuyu and sat behind Tzuyu’s head, resting her thighs on either side of Tzuyu’s neck.

Hell yes.

“You good?” Tzuyu asked from below.

“I think so!” Sana replied.

Tzuyu stood up carefully. Sana was hoisted into the air. Sana squealed a bit as she came face to face with her sweet treat; she grabbed it happily.

“I got it!”

Tzuyu smiled and squatted back down. Sana gently got off of Tzuyu’s shoulders.

“Thank you so much!” Sana hugged Tzuyu when she stood up again. Tzuyu slowly hugged Sana back.

Am I really doing this right now?

Tzuyu and Sana both pulled back with cute smiles; they walked back towards the long line for the cashier again. It was even longer than before.

Damn. Well, at least I get to wait with Sana.

Sana giggled a bit when she saw the long line.

“Sorry, you have to wait longer now,” Sana apologized. Tzuyu looked at her with a smile.

“Don’t worry, it’s worth it.”

So worth it.

“What do you mean?” Sana tilted her head in confusion.

“Don’t worry about it.”

Sana shrugged and took a step forward. The line was slowly, but surely, moving. Tzuyu followed Sana while she stared at her gorgeous body.

I want her. I need her.

“So, do you live around here?” Tzuyu decided to ask.

“I do, actually,” Sana replied.

“Oh, me too.”

“How close?” Sana asked.

“Like, two blocks.”

“I live just down the street from here,” Sana beamed up at Tzuyu.

“T-That’s cool!” Tzuyu could not handle herself.

“Can you two move?!” some man behind them shouted in annoyance. Tzuyu glared at him before looking forward. The line moved up a lot. They were next.

Oh.

Tzuyu and Sana both walked to the cashier. Tzuyu took Sana’s chocolate-covered raisins from her hand and placed in on the counter along with her water bottle.

“Tzuyu-”

“I’ll pay for us, I want to,” Tzuyu smiled at Sana before taking out her wallet. She paid for the items and handed Sana her snack.

“T-Thank you! I don’t know what to say…” Sana said gratefully, resting her hand on Tzuyu’s arm.

Yay.

“You’re welcome.”

“Can you two move?!” the man behind them shouted again. Sana and Tzuyu both turned around and flipped him off before exiting the grocery store.

“So…” Tzuyu said awkwardly as they stood in front of the grocery store. She didn’t want to leave Sana yet.

“Do you… want to come back to my place? We can watch the New Year’s parade together on my television,” Sana offered.

“Yes!” Tzuyu shouted a little bit too loud, “I mean… Yes.”

Gotta tone myself down a few notches.

“Okay, let’s go!” Sana held out her hand.

Is this really happening to me right now?

Tzuyu excitedly took Sana’s hand. They both intertwined their fingers as Sana led them to her house. They walked down the street for a few minutes before reaching Sana’s house.

“We’re here~” Sana unlocked her front door. They both walked inside Sana’s nice house.

“Your house looked nice,” Tzuyu stated as she looked around her.

“Thanks, I worked hard on the interior,” Sana smiled.

You did all the interior work?” Tzuyu asked in shock as she looked at the wallpaper, paint job, and what seemed like custom-built walls and columns.

“Oh, I didn’t do them, I just planned them,” Sana laughed shaking her head.

“Well, you’re still pretty impressive for planning all this,” Tzuyu said with awe, pointing around her at various areas of the house.

“I guess so,” Sana said, “I had workers come in my house for a few months to get this all done.”

“Y-You had random people come help you?” Tzuyu stuttered.

I don’t like the thought of that.

“Yeah, professionals,” Sana replied.

“You can ask me for help anytime,” Tzuyu offered.

You know how to work with interior design jobs?” Sana raised both her eyebrows.

“Sure,” Tzuyu smiled.

“Okay,” Sana giggled, “I’ll be sure to contact you if I ever need help again.”

“Okay~” Tzuyu beamed in happiness. She’s never been so overjoyed.

Sana held out her hand, “Well, give it to me.”

“Give what?” Tzuyu blinked.

“Your cell phone, how else am I going to contact you one day?”

Oh.

Tzuyu quickly took out her cell phone and handed it to Sana. Sana added herself into Tzuyu’s contacts and text messaged herself so that she will have Tzuyu’s cell phone number as well.

Sana handed Tzuyu back her phone, “Here you go~”

“Thanks,” Tzuyu smiled as she stuffed her cell phone back into her pocket.

“You want a drink?” Sana walked into her kitchen; Tzuyu followed her.

“Uh, I have water, remember?” Tzuyu held up her water bottle with an amused expression.

“Oh, right.” Sana facepalmed.

She’s cute.

Sana poured herself a glass of water before leading them into her living room. They sat down on her couch. Sana opened her packet of chocolate-covered raisins and ate one. She hummed in joy. Tzuyu smiled at the sight.

“You want one?” Sana held up a raisin and held it front of Tzuyu’s mouth.

“Sure,” Tzuyu opened and Sana gently plopped the raisin into . Tzuyu felt Sana’s fingers graze her lips.

Oh god.

Tzuyu nervously ate the raisin.

I… I feel my shyness coming back. Oh no.

Tzuyu awkwardly coughed. She opened her bottle of water and drank it quickly.

“Are you okay?” Sana placed her hand on Tzuyu’s shoulder.

Don’t.

Tzuyu choked a bit on her water.

“Oh, I’m sorry! Did my touch surprise you?” Sana grabbed a few tissues from her coffee table and wiped Tzuyu’s mouth. This made Tzuyu even more nervous.

“I-I’m okay,” Tzuyu stammered as she back away a bit.

“Are you really?” Sana asked worriedly.

“I-” Tzuyu sighed.

“No, I… I feel a little dumb,” Tzuyu admitted.

“Why?” Sana looked concerned.

“I walked out of my house today so determined to achieve my New Year’s resolutions… I wanted to be different this year. I wanted to change some parts of myself. I… I wanted someone to hold and… love,” Tzuyu explained, looking down at her shoes.

“I’ve been trying to flirt with you the moment I saw you. I’ve been confident for most of it, but now I’m just… nervous again. I want to crawl under a rock and never speak to anyone again.” Tzuyu pouted.

Sana giggled and touched Tzuyu’s cheeks, “You’ve succeeded, Tzuyu.”

“What?” Tzuyu widened her eyes.

“Your flirting was successful. You made me want to invite you to my house,” Sana chuckled.

“O-Oh.”

“Yeah.”

“I really hoped that I didn’t creep you out, I’ve done that a few times when I made a similar New Year’s resolution last year,” Tzuyu said.

“You didn’t,” Sana reassured, “I really want to get to know you better, Tzuyu.”

“I want to get to know you better too,” Tzuyu smiled.

Sana smiled brightly at the response. She batted her eyelashes cutely. Tzuyu swallowed her saliva.

“W-We should hang out often after today,” Tzuyu suggested.

“Yeah, we should,” Sana nodded in agreement. The two became silent for a couple seconds, but they weren’t uncomfortable. They both thought that each other’s presence was comforting.

“You said you wanted to invite me here, did you want to do anything specific here in your house?” Tzuyu decided to ask as she placed her bottle of water on Sana’s coffee table.

“Not really, just this.”

Sana threw her chocolate-covered raisins onto her coffee table before tackling Tzuyu and kissing her on the lips.

Let me die like this.

Tzuyu groaned as Sana kissed her harder. Sana Tzuyu’s lips a bit before pulling back. Tzuyu could taste the chocolate. Tzuyu sat up and stared at Sana with a small smile.

“What was that for?”

“Just completing my own New Year’s resolution.”

“What was it?” Tzuyu asked curiously.

“Kiss a hot girl.” Sana smirked. Tzuyu blushed.

“Oh.”

Sana and Tzuyu ended up watching a movie together, but they didn’t really watch it. They made out several times throughout the movie. When it got late, Tzuyu got ready to leave Sana’s house.

“Let’s hang out tomorrow, I’ll text you!” Sana chirped as she pulled Tzuyu in for another sweet kiss.

“Okay~” Tzuyu smiled into the kiss. They both pulled back and waved at each other. Sana closed the door and Tzuyu started walking back to her own house. Tzuyu felt her cell phone vibrate, signifying that she got a new text message. Tzuyu took out her cell phone and read the text. She smiled when she read the text message and the contact name that Sana typed herself on Tzuyu’s cell phone.

__________

From: New Year’s Bae

Let’s meet up early in the morning~ ^_^ I want to spend ALL day with you tomorrow!

__________

New Year’s Bae? Well, I guess she IS one.

Tzuyu chuckled as she texted back a reply.

__________

To: New Year’s Bae

Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow!

(I’m super excited by the way :3)

__________

Tzuyu nodded to herself in satisfaction before putting her cell phone back into her pocket. She continued to walk home with a huge grin on her face. She creeped out a few people that walked past her. Tzuyu didn’t give a damn. She was way too happy with today’s results.

New year, new me, and a new potential bae.