Steal Your Heart

SaTzu One-Shots

“Please don’t touch that!”

Tzuyu almost wanted to pull her hair out as she watched some rebellious kids running around the museum. This kind of behavior is unfortunately a regular occurrence for her.

“Please don’t run either!”

Tzuyu sighed in relief when the kids finally stopped messing around. Most of the museum’s guests are respectful of the art, problems really only occur when young students come due to school field trips.

Tzuyu has been working at Fancy Museum for a few months now. She was able to land a job as a security guard and apart from the few annoying kids that come every now and then, she actually really likes working here.

Of course, her main job is to keep the artwork safe from the hands of criminals. So far, no one has even attempted to try stealing anything at this museum. At this point, most of Tzuyu’s duties consist of greeting guests and stopping kids from messing around.

“Hey, Tzuyu!”

Tzuyu turned around and smiled at her coworker, “Hey Momo, need help with anything?”

“Nah, I just wanted to let you know that I won’t be working the night shift with you today,” Momo leaned in closely, “I have a date.”

Tzuyu let out a whistle before whispering, “Is it with that bunny girl?”

“Stop calling her that!” Momo glared, “but yes, it’s her.”

“Alright, have fun. I’ll take care of things around here,” Tzuyu patted Momo’s back in assurance.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to call in a back up for you? I know it can get pretty lonely at night,” Momo asked with concern.

“Momo, the most interesting thing that happened during our night shift was that raccoon stuck in the ceiling,” Tzuyu chuckled, shaking her head, “I’ll be fine.”

Momo thought about it for a moment before patting Tzuyu’s back, “If you say so! If you need anything, you can always call me or any of the other security guards. We’ll come down here straight away.”

“Will do. Though I’m pretty sure I won’t have to do that at all,” Tzuyu gave her an appreciative nod before walking away to monitor some other rooms in the museum.

Tzuyu works the night shift. She usually comes in during the evening, when the museum is still opened to guests, and stays until the early morning, before the next security guard comes to take her place.

Some people may not like working the night shift due to tiredness and feeling like you’re the only one awake when everyone else is asleep. Tzuyu, however, actually enjoys working at night. Mainly because it’s quiet and she has a lot of time to think to herself.

Nothing interesting ever happens at night, I don’t know if that is a curse or a blessing.

Tzuyu shook her head with a chuckle. While turning the corner, she accidentally knocked into a woman, causing the woman to drop her camera.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” Tzuyu quickly bent down and picked up the woman’s camera, quickly examining if there were any damages before handing it back to her, “looks like it’s still good.”

“No, I should be the one that’s sorry. I shouldn’t be standing in the middle of the walkway like that,” the woman replied with a laugh.

The woman looked up and locked eyes with Tzuyu. Tzuyu would be lying if she said her heart didn’t skip a beat.

I might’ve finally found something that is more beautiful than the art in this museum.

“So, um… I, um…” Tzuyu stammered, not really knowing what to say.

The woman giggled cutely at Tzuyu’s nervousness. She then put out her hand, “I’m Sana.”

Tzuyu gently took her hand and gave it a brief shake, “I’m Tzuyu, I work here.”

Sana giggled again, “I can tell, with your uniform and all that.” Sana gestured at the gear Tzuyu had attached to her belt.

“Oh… right,” Tzuyu awkwardly scratched the back of her neck.

Tzuyu cleared and rubbed her clammy hands on her pants, “So, is this your first time here? I don’t think I’ve ever seen you here before.”

“Yes!” Sana grinned, “It’s my first time in this city. I love visiting museums; when I heard there was one nearby, I had to come look!”

Tzuyu smiled at Sana’s excitement. She thought her bubbly behavior was very cute.

“Do you… want a quick tour?”

“That sounds fun, but are you sure that’s okay? Don’t you have to keep an eye on people?” Sana asked with concern, not wanting to get Tzuyu in trouble.

Tzuyu looked around and saw Momo chasing some kids, trying to confiscate their nearly-spilling cups of soda.

“I’m sure it’ll be fine. We only have about one more hour before closing. The last hour usually has the least guests,” Tzuyu gave Sana an assuring smile, showing that she was eager to give the cute girl a tour of the museum.

“Then by all means, lead the way!” Sana put her camera away in her purse before locking her arm with Tzuyu’s, causing Tzuyu to blush.

“Y-Yes ma’am!”

Tzuyu guided Sana to the next room. She pointed at the big portrait on the wall. “This painting of this girl was done by Chaeyoung Son. It’s one of our most prized possessions."

“It’s beautiful!” Sana praised, walking a little closer to the artwork so that she could examine it. She took out her camera from her purse so that she could take a few pictures.

Tzuyu patiently waited for Sana to finish, “So, what got you into visiting museums?”

“I’ve always wanted to collect art for myself, but they’re always too expensive,” Sana pouted, “so I settled with just looking at art on other people’s walls instead.”

The security guard nodded her head in understanding, “I know what you mean, this portrait here is already worth about $250 million dollars, and that isn’t even our most expensive piece of art here.”

“Wow, Fancy Museum really has some fancy stuff,” Sana jokes. Tzuyu chuckled softly before offering her arm to Sana.

“Shall we continue?”

“We shall!”

Tzuyu continued to lead Sana around the museum, pointing out a lot of their best artwork. Sana paused a lot so that she could admire the art, ask questions, and take pictures.

Before they knew it, an hour had nearly passed. Tzuyu’s alarm on her phone suddenly rang, signaling that there is about 10 minutes left before closing time.

Tzuyu is usually very happy when she hears this alarm, because that’s when she can start kicking people out and can finally have her quiet time. But this time, she was a bit sad.

“We’re closing soon,” Tzuyu said with a small frown, “I’ll lead you to the exit.”

“Already? I was really enjoying your tour!” Sana pouted cutely. Tzuyu could feel her heart beat faster at the sight.

“I was enjoying it too, but unfortunately, duty calls,” Tzuyu sighed.

Tzuyu led Sana back towards the exit, already seeing Momo yelling at some kids to get the hell out.

“Thank you for coming!” Momo shouted at their backs, before grumbling to herself, “hope you never come back, you twerps.”

Tzuyu laughed at Momo’s annoyed expression. She then turned around and gave Sana a charming smile.

“Thank you for coming, hope we see you again soon.”

“Oh, don’t worry, I definitely plan on coming back!” Sana grinned, before leaning in and giving Tzuyu a quick hug, “especially since the security guard is so cute.”

Tzuyu could feel her cheeks burn. She was about to reply when Momo cut her off.

“Oh, are you talking about me? You’re too kind,” Momo pretended to look shy.

“Uh, you’re not too bad yourself, but I was talking about this one here,” Sana laughed, giving Tzuyu one last squeeze before letting go.

“T-Thanks,” Tzuyu said, opening the door for Sana, “I hope our cute guest comes back soon.”

Momo tried to stifle her laughter at Tzuyu’s attempt to flirt back.

“I sure will, I would love to see you again!” Sana sent one last beautiful smile towards Tzuyu before walking towards the parking lot.

Tzuyu watched her leave with a dazed look on her face. Her eyes also may or may not have traveled lower than they should have.

“C’mon, Tzuyu! We need to make sure all the doors are locked and all the people are out.”

Tzuyu nodded before closing the door behind her and helping Momo close up the museum, making sure to turn on all their overnight security systems.

“Okay, looks like everything is good to go. Are you sure you’re okay with being alone tonight?” Momo asked, grabbing her bag.

“I already told you, I’ll be fine! Nothing ever happens here. Even if something does happen, I have our security systems to make sure everything stays where they are.” Tzuyu replied with a huff.

“Okay okay,” Momo put her hands up in defeat, “also, remember that we have a button you can press under the table in the security room. Use it for any emergencies; it’ll immediately notify the police to come here.”

“Yes, I remember,” Tzuyu practically pushed Momo out the door, “now stop worrying your head off and go enjoy your date!”

“Oh, I will!” Momo shouted back before running towards her car. Tzuyu chuckled as she closed the door behind her, making sure to lock it.

And now it’s just me.

______________________________________________________________________

 

About 3 hours have passed, it’s almost 1:00 AM now. Tzuyu is currently sitting in the security room. As she expected, it has been a quiet night so far. She spent most of her time reading a book, making sure to check the security cameras every few minutes. After all, she still had a job to do.

Suddenly, Tzuyu heard a loud thump. She immediately stood up, trying to hear where the sound came from. She then took a quick glance at the security cameras, but didn’t see anything.

Strange.

“Hmm… Maybe there’s another raccoon on our roof,” Tzuyu muttered to herself. She was about to sit back down when she heard another thump.

That’s too loud to be a raccoon.

Tzuyu left the security room and decided to take a quick look around the museum. She walked slowly, making sure to look through every nook and cranny. She wanted to figure out what made those sounds.

She heard another loud thump that sounded like it was right above her.

“What is that…?” Tzuyu questioned before making her way towards the stairs that led to their roof. When she made it there, she looked around carefully, but saw nothing.

Am I imagining things? Maybe being alone is slowly driving me crazy…

Tzuyu shook her head before exiting the room and walked back to the security room.

Much to her surprise, all the security cameras were off.

“What the-”

A loud alarm interrupted Tzuyu’s train of thought. A sound that Tzuyu never thought she would hear.

A sound that meant only one thing.

Something has been taken off the wall.

Luckily for her, each room has a different sounding alarm, so she knew exactly which room had the missing artwork. Tzuyu quickly ran towards that specific room and paused when she didn’t see Chaeyoung Son’s masterpiece on the wall.

Tzuyu tried not to waste any time. She knew the alarm just went off, which meant the painting was just taken off the wall. The criminal couldn’t be far.

She quickly ran back towards the security room, but the door was closed and locked from the inside.

How?

Tzuyu quickly searched for her security room key on her belt, but she couldn’t find it.

“Did I drop it? Where could it have gone?” Tzuyu worried to herself. She then decided to use her cellphone to call Momo. Her hands travelled all over her pockets, but she couldn’t find her phone either.

“This can’t be happening,” Tzuyu groaned. She then heard another alarm.

An alarm that meant one of their back doors was opened.

You’re not getting away .

Again, Tzuyu knew exactly which door it was due to the different alarms. She bolted straight to that door and was able to see a faint silhouette of someone wearing all black clothing, carrying a huge canvas on their back.

“Hey you!” Tzuyu shouted, reaching for the stick on her belt.

I sure wish I had a gun right now.

Contrary to popular belief, most security guards actually don’t carry guns. Unfortunately for Tzuyu, she is one of them.

The masked thief turned around slowly. Tzuyu could’ve sworn those eyes looked familiar.

“S-Stop right there!” Tzuyu tried to say intimidatingly, but it ended up sounding like a squeak. This is her first experience of a robbery.

The masked person giggled.

Why does that sound so damn familiar?

“C’mon… If you return that right now, I won’t notify the authorities,” Tzuyu tried to bargain.

The masked person sighed before deciding to take off their mask.

Tzuyu’s eyes couldn’t have become wider.

“Sana?!?” Tzuyu shouted in shock.

Sana sadly smiled before replying, “You don’t know how bad I wish we met under different circumstances, Tzuyu. I would’ve loved to take you on a date and talk about art together.”

“I-I don’t understand… why?”

Sana shrugged, “I told you, I’ve always wanted to collect art.”

“I… You know I can’t let you go, Sana,” Tzuyu stated carefully.

“I know, you’re a woman of your job, after all,” Sana nodded understandingly.

“So… are you going to return it to me?” Tzuyu asked with pleading eyes.

Sana sighed before walking towards Tzuyu. She gently put her hands on Tzuyu’s shoulders before leaning up, suddenly capturing Tzuyu’s lips in a passionate kiss.

Tzuyu melted at the feeling of Sana’s soft lips, quickly responding to them. She closed her eyes and allowed herself to get lost in the sensual kiss.

Honestly, she didn’t even know when Sana stopped kissing her. Tzuyu’s eyes were still closed when she heard Sana speak again.

“No, this is all mine now.”

Tzuyu quickly re-opened her eyes and saw Sana near a vehicle. She stood frozen for a second as she saw Sana carefully throw the portrait inside the car and got into the driver’s seat.

Sana took one last glance at Tzuyu, her lips slowly turning into a smirk.

“I’m not going to lie, a part of me wishes I was here to steal your heart instead of this painting.”

Tzuyu gulped.

This is the wrong time to blush, Tzuyu.

“I-I can’t let you leave with that painting!” Tzuyu suddenly remembered that she is supposed to protect the artwork and started running towards the car.

The car suddenly roared to life as the engine was . Sana floored it and Tzuyu slowly stopped running, she knew she wouldn’t be able to reach the thief. She watched the car leave with a frown on her face. She couldn’t even make out what the license plate was or what kind of car it was due to the darkness of the night surrounding them.

“Wait!” Tzuyu shouted again, trying one last time.

To her surprise, she saw the car pause and Sana’s head pop out the window, waiting for Tzuyu to talk again.

“Um, where is my phone?” Tzuyu asked sheepishly.

Sana let out a loud laugh, “I left your phone and security room key on the roof. I took them when I hugged you earlier.”

Tzuyu groaned as Sana winked at her.

“Damn, you’re good at this.”

“Of course, I had years of experience after all.”

“Hold on, you-”

“Bye cutie!” Sana blew Tzuyu a kiss before slamming on the gas and racing down the road, quickly disappearing into the night.

Tzuyu sighed as she walked back into the museum. She trudged towards the room where the painting used to be. She raised an eyebrow as she noticed a small folded piece of paper on the floor.

She picked it up and quickly opened it, curious of what it may contain.

Dear Cute Security Guard, (I’m not talking about Momo btw)

I hope I don’t get you fired from your job, but this painting was just too beautiful to pass up. It’ll look perfect with my collection.

I wish we had met each other differently and we could’ve been like Bonnie and Clyde. I would’ve loved a partner like you ;)

Thanks for your tour earlier, it REALLY helped me learn a lot about your museum.

Your Little Thief,

Sana

P.S., I may or may not come back some day, there’s so many other beautiful things in this museum, especially you.

Tzuyu could feel her cheeks reddening again. She carefully folded up the note and placed it into her pocket.

She looked up at the empty wall once more.

“I don’t know how I’m going to explain this to Momo…”