Christmas Miracle

SaTzu One-Shots

Tzuyu blew warm air into her hands as she waited for Sana outside of her house. Soft, white snow was falling from the sky. The streets were covered in a white blanket. Tzuyu readjusted her backpack on her shoulder.

“Sorry for making you wait!” Sana shouted as she rushed out her door. Tzuyu smiled. Tzuyu has liked Sana for a while now, and she is sure that Sana likes her back. It’s been awhile since these feeling for each other has started, but they were both too afraid to do anything about it. They feared that their assumption would be wrong and that it would destroy their beautiful friendship.

“It’s okay.”

“We should hurry, I don’t want us to be late to our friends’ Christmas Eve party because of me,” Sana worried a bit.

“I’m sure we’ll make it,” Tzuyu smiled again. She held out her hand for Sana. Sana quickly took it with a small smile.

“Do you need help carrying your bag?” Tzuyu pointed at Sana’s rather large bag.

“No thanks, I don’t want you peeking at the gift I’m giving to my secret receiver,” Sana grinned, “You remembered to bring your gift too, right?”

“Of course,” Tzuyu shook her own backpack in emphasis. Their friends thought that it would be way too much trouble to have each person hand out eight gifts, so they decided to just assign each other Secret Santas. This way, the girls only had to worry about getting one person a present.

They both began to walk towards a bus stop. They sat on a bench, not before Tzuyu pushed some snow off of it first. Sana kissed Tzuyu on the cheek in gratitude of her sweet gesture. Tzuyu’s pink cheeks contrasted against her slightly cold, pale face. Tzuyu shivered a bit when a particularly cold breeze blew through the air. Sana noticed and brought their intertwined hands into her own pocket. Tzuyu silently raised an eyebrow.

“My pockets are warm,” Sana explained as she squeezed Tzuyu’s hand. Tzuyu squeezed back.

It’s been quite a few minutes now. They both stood up when they saw a bus coming towards them. Their faces fell when they saw the words written on the bus’s thin screen.

All buses will stop running for today due to the increase in snowfall.

Tzuyu and Sana sighed.

“Maybe we can catch a taxi before they stop running too,” Tzuyu suggested. Sana nodded in agreement to the new plan.

They went to a rather populated street where taxi cabs usually pass by. They saw many people rushing about, probably trying to get home to their loved ones. They saw many people waiting for cabs; some were even fighting with others on who gets to ride a particular cab.

Sana and Tzuyu waited patiently. They waited for almost half an hour before they noticed an empty cab coming their way. Tzuyu raised her hand and the taxi stopped near them. Tzuyu opened the door for Sana when she heard a voice.

“Excuse me, do you mind if I take this one?” Tzuyu and Sana turned around. They saw a rather elderly man shaking as he held on to many presents, which were presumably for his family.

Tzuyu smiled and looked at Sana. She smiled as well and nodded at her.

“Sure.” Tzuyu and Sana got out of the way for the elderly man.

“Thank you two so much, you two are true angels,” he smiled at them before leaving in the taxi.

After that cab left, Tzuyu looked at Sana, “Do you really want to wait another thirty minutes for the next taxi?”

“I’d rather not,” Sana admitted.

“Me too.” Tzuyu suddenly got a phone call.

“Hello?”

“Tzuyu! Where are you and Sana?!”

“Calm down, Jihyo, we’re coming,” Tzuyu rolled her eyes. Sana giggled.

“You said that you and Sana would be here on time.”

“We’re going to be a bit late, the snow level has risen a little,” Tzuyu explained, smiling at Sana while she played with her fingers.

“Well, you two better be here soon! I have plans for you guys!” Jihyo hung up.

Tzuyu shook her head and put her cell phone away.

“What did she want?” Sana asked as she hugged Tzuyu. It was getting colder.

Tzuyu hugged her back tightly. “Just nagging to me about us being late. She has plans for us, apparently.”

Us as in the nine of us or the two of us?” Sana asked confused.

“I have no idea.”

Tzuyu and Sana decided to walk towards the subway station. They both usually avoided it because of how packed it gets, but it was their last resort.

They entered the large plaza that the entrance to the subway station was located at. They saw crying children pointing at the massive unlit Christmas tree.

“Why isn’t it lighting up mommy?” a little girl whined.

“I don’t know sweetheart, maybe we should just go home.”

“No! You told me you would take me to see a beautiful, lit Christmas tree!” the little girl continued to whine.

“C-Calm down,” the father tried to calm the children.

“You guys said that we’ll be able to look at the nice tree here since we couldn’t afford having a Christmas tree in our house,” a little boy added.

“Can you light the tree soon? My children really want to see it in all its glory,” the mother pleaded to a worker that was trying to figure out why the Christmas tree’s lights won’t turn on.

“I’m trying ma’am, I have no idea why it isn’t lighting up. All the cords and wires are placed properly,” the worker scratched his head.

Sana pouted at the sight. Tzuyu patted Sana’s pack and looked at the distraught crowd. Many of them had decided to come here to experience a proper Christmas, but right now, none of them can see a proper Christmas tree.

Sana looked around and noticed a dog chewing on a wire that was connected to the Christmas tree.

“Tzuyu… I think that dog messed up the wire,” Sana pointed at the dog.

“Hmm,” Tzuyu and Sana both walked towards the dog. The dog noticed them and ran away. Tzuyu and Sana both leaned down and examined the torn wire.

“I don’t know how to fix this, do you?” Tzuyu asked Sana.

“I need tape, scissors, and a lighter,” Sana replied. Tzuyu raised an eyebrow. She opened her backpack.

“I have tape and scissors, but no lighter,” Tzuyu said before pulling out tape and scissors for Sana. It was Sana’s turn to raise an eyebrow.

“Why did you have these in your backpack?” Sana asked.

“Last minute gift wrapping,” Tzuyu shrugged. She looked around and saw a man lighting some candles in a store; she ran towards him.

“Can I borrow that?” Tzuyu pointed at his lighter.

“Sure,” he handed it to her.

Tzuyu ran back to Sana and handed her the lighter.

“Here you go.”

“Perfect.”

Sana cut the wire with the scissors.

“Uh, Sana, I’m pretty sure you just destroyed the wire,” Tzuyu said. She stared at the wire that was currently in two pieces.

“Don’t judge me,” Sana shook her head. She took the lighter and lit both ends of the freshly-cut wires. She fused them together and quickly taped the wire back together. Tzuyu just watched with wide eyes. They both heard cheering.

Tzuyu and Sana looked back at the center of the plaza and saw families cheering at the Christmas tree that was now beautifully lit up. None of them realized that Sana fixed it. Sana smiled and handed Tzuyu back her scissors and tape.

“H-How?” Tzuyu was very impressed.

“I’ve seen my dad do this all the time to revive televisions, computers, cables; anything with wires, really,” Sana answered. Tzuyu took the lighter and returned it to the candle store owner.

The two continued their way down to the subway station.

“It’s a Christmas miracle!” they heard children shout with glee. Tzuyu and Sana both laughed at what they heard. They looked at each other and intertwined their fingers again.

“You’re so smart,” Tzuyu praised as she whispered into Sana’s ear.

Sana giggled and blushed a bit, “Thanks.”

“You brought joy to everyone here, Sana Claus,” Tzuyu praised once more, giggling at her little nickname for Sana.

“Let’s get going, we’re super late to the Christmas party now,” Tzuyu chuckled.

“Yeah,” Sana nodded. The two started walking to the ticket machine. Sana’s cell phone suddenly rang.

“Hello?”

“Where the hell are you and Tzuyu?!”

“Momo, calm down, we’re going on the subway soon.”

“Soon?! You’re not on it yet?!” Momo continued screaming. Sana heard someone else on the other line scream ‘give the phone to me!’.

“You two better get your asses here! Remember, you two are someone else’s Secret Santa! It would if some of us couldn’t get gifts because you two couldn’t leave your houses two seconds earlier!” someone else shouted into the phone.

“Geez Jihyo, we’re coming.” Sana held the phone away from her ear, Jihyo’s voice was too damn loud; even Tzuyu heard her. She’s not even on speaker.

“You guys better be.” Jihyo hung up. Sana put her phone away with a sigh.

“It seems like we’re being missed at the party not because they want our presence, but because they want our gifts there,” Sana grumbled before rolling her eyes. Tzuyu just laughed.

“What else do you expect from our friends?”

“True.”

Tzuyu bought the tickets, much to Sana’s dismay - she wanted to pay for her own. Tzuyu was very adamant to pay for Sana’s ticket. They waited for the subway.

They looked around and noticed a homeless woman sitting on the floor of the subway station. She had a little cup in front of her; it was obvious that she wanted spare change. People around her, however, weren’t paying much attention to her. They were too busy rushing around the station.

“Should we give her some money?” Sana asked Tzuyu. Tzuyu noticed that the woman had a violin near her. It looked a bit rusty, but it seems like it would still work properly.

“I have a better idea,” Tzuyu walked towards the homeless woman. Sana followed her.

“Hello ma’am, would you happen to have any spare change?” the homeless woman asked politely.

Tzuyu smiled, “I’ll help you get some. Can I use that violin?”

“Sure,” the woman shrugged, “I don’t even know how to use it, I found it in a trashcan.”

Tzuyu picked up the violin and got into position.

“You know how to play the violin?” Sana looked at Tzuyu surprised.

“Not really, I only know how to play one song,”

“Oh.”

Tzuyu started playing “Jingle Bells” on the violin. She was a bit rusty, but the song sounded nice nonetheless.

People started crowding around them. Hearing the song reminded them of the holiday season and helped them forget about their current stresses. They smiled as they listened to Tzuyu. Many of them came forward and left change in the homeless woman’s cup; it filled up so quickly that many of them ended up just handing the woman money.

The song ended rather quickly; “Jingle Bells” isn’t a very long song. The crowd clapped before dispersing. They left in a more joyful mood than they had before. Their holiday spirits returned to them.

“Thank you so much,” the homeless woman was in tears as she held all the money she received to her chest.

“You’re welcome, and good luck,” Tzuyu replied with a smile, returning the violin before walking away with Sana hand in hand. The subway arrived shortly after.

“You were so cool!” Sana praised, “I didn’t know that you knew how to play the violin.”

“I don’t. Like I said before, I only knew how to play that one song,” Tzuyu laughed.

“Still, you were very cool,” Sana continued to praise.

“I guess,” Tzuyu blushed. She loves receiving compliments from Sana.

The two entered the subway. As they expected, it was very crowded. There was some space in the middle of the subway, but all the seats were taken. Sana held on to one of the poles that was situated along the center of the subway. When the subway suddenly sped forward, Sana almost tripped backwards. Tzuyu expected this to happen; that’s why she stood behind Sana, holding on to the same pole as her. Sana fell backwards right into Tzuyu’s front.

“Clumsy Sana, haven’t seen you in a while. How long has it been? Yesterday?” Tzuyu teased as she helped Sana grab onto the pole again.

“S-Shut up.” Sana’s cheeks turned pink. Tzuyu giggled at the sight.

After a few minutes, the subway was about to reach its next stop. Sana and Tzuyu still had to wait for a few more stops.

“Stop that thief!” some elderly woman shrieked. Sana and Tzuyu noticed a teenager running down the subway, shoving people out of his way. He was holding onto a purse. The teenager was running towards the opening subway doors that were near Sana and Tzuyu.

Sana and Tzuyu both raised their eyebrows and looked at each other. They were both thinking the same thing. As the teenager was about to exit the subway, Sana and Tzuyu both kicked their legs towards the thief’s backside, one foot for each cheek. He fell forward on to the floor. He groaned in pain as some policemen entered the subway station and picked him up, dragging him away. Sana picked up the purse and returned it to the elderly woman.

“Thank you guys, you two have restored my faith in humanity,” the old woman thanked before bowing and leaving the subway.

Sana and Tzuyu high fived each other.

“Great minds think alike.”

“Yup.”

The two rode in silence. After some time, Sana and Tzuyu ended up hugging each other with the pole in between them. They didn’t know how they ended up like this, but they weren’t complaining.

“I’m glad I get to spend this Christmas Eve with you,” Tzuyu whispered as she looked into Sana’s loving eyes.

“Me too,” Sana whispered back.

“I’ll be a little sad when we have to leave tomorrow to return to our families,” Tzuyu sighed.

“Yeah…” Sana leaned closer and rested her forehead against Tzuyu’s. They both looked deeply into each other’s eyes. They leaned into each other. Their lips were about to touch when the the subway suddenly made a noise that signified that they arrived at the next stop - the stop that Tzuyu and Sana were supposed to get off at.

Tzuyu sighed as she pulled away from Sana. Sana pouted.

“We should go,” Tzuyu suggested, taking Sana’s hand.

“Yeah…” They both left the subway and exited the subway station. They were now close to Jihyo’s house. Everyone decided to have the Christmas party there since she’s the one that wanted to have a party so badly.

They arrived at Jihyo’s house a few minutes after departing the subway. The two shivered as they ran the doorbell; more snow had fallen down.

“They’re here!” the two heard someone shout from inside.

“Get the stuff ready!” they heard from somebody else.

Sana and Tzuyu looked at each other confused. They shrugged.

The door suddenly slammed open. Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Momo, Jihyo, Mina, Dahyun, and Chaeyoung were standing on either side of the door. They were all holding something.

Mistletoes.

Tzuyu and Sana blushed as they realized what their friends were planning.

“Well, go on!” Jeongyeon shouted at them.

Tzuyu shook her head in amusement before facing Sana. She removed her backpack from her shoulders and took Sana’s bag as well; she placed them both on the floor. If they were finally going to kiss, it was going to be perfect.

Tzuyu wrapped her arms around Sana’s waist and pulled her close. Sana automatically wrapped her own arms around Tzuyu’s neck. They both leaned in and softly breathed onto each other’s faces.

“Are we really going to do this?” Sana whispered.

I sure as hell don’t want to wait anymore,” Tzuyu replied.

“Me neither.”

The two leaned in and allowed their lips to meet. They gently moved their lips against one another’s. All their friends cheered.

“ing finally!” Jihyo groaned.

Tzuyu and Sana ignored their friends as they continued to kiss each other softly. Nothing was going to ruin this moment. Except maybe their friends throwing the mistletoes at them, which definitely just happened.

“Okay, stop each other’s faces! Come in!” Dahyun shouted at them. Everyone nodded and walked away from the door.

Tzuyu and Sana pulled away from their kiss, both of their cheeks very red.

“Thanks for ruining the moment guys,” Tzuyu grumbled, rolling her eyes.

You’re welcome for being the mastermind of this ‘moment’,” Jihyo replied before rolling her own eyes. She grabbed Sana and Tzuyu’s arms and pulled them into her house.

Nayeon came out of nowhere and placed Santa hats on both of them.

“Do I really have to-”

“Yes,” Nayeon said, cutting Tzuyu off. Tzuyu sighed. Sana readjusted her own Santa hat. She had to make sure she looked fabulous.

Everyone left the two and walked into the living room. They were excited now that everyone was here. Tzuyu looked at Sana adoringly, Sana did the same back at Tzuyu.

“So… We kissed,” Tzuyu pointed out the obvious.

“We did,” Sana giggled. She might have let out a little squeal as well.

“Would… Would this be a good time to ask you to be my girlfriend?” Tzuyu asked nervously.

“It’s the perfect time,” Sana smiled brightly. She pulled Tzuyu down and kissed her softly. Tzuyu smiled into the kiss. They eventually pulled back looking very satisfied.

Tzuyu grabbed the little ball of fluff that was dangling at the end of Sana’s Santa hat and teasing brushed it against Sana’s face. Sana spluttered a bit before smiling at Tzuyu amused.

“What was that for?”

“No reason.”

“Guys, get your asses in here! We’re going to reveal who our Secret Santas are! I swear Chaeyoung, if you give somebody another drawn-on face mask, I’m kicking you out of my house!” Jihyo shouted.

“That was one time!” Chaeyoung whined.

“It’s okay, I’m sure your present this year is an improvement on last year’s,” Mina comforted Chaeyoung.

Tzuyu and Sana both giggled at their friends’ antics.

“Our friends are crazy,” Tzuyu said, hugging Sana.

“Yeah, but I love them,” Sana replied, hugging Tzuyu back.

“Me too, if it wasn’t for them, we wouldn’t be romantically together right now.” Tzuyu kissed Sana’s forehead.

“Yeah, they are the ones who created this Christmas Miracle.”

They leaned in for another passionate kiss.

“If you two don’t bring your asses here in three seconds, I'll force you two to share whatever Chaeyoung’s gift is!” Nayeon shouted from the living room.

“Hey!” Chaeyoung whined again.

Sana and Tzuyu both groaned as they pulled away from each other. They walked into the living room with big smiles. They both thought about how they would never forget this eventful Christmas Eve and all of its Christmas Miracles.