Not-So-Secret Admirer

SaTzu One-Shots

Tzuyu held onto the the wall tightly as she looked around the corner. She was watching a very important person opening a locker.

Please like it, please like it, please like it.

That person opened their locker and a little balloon floated out of it. The balloon had the words ‘you’re my everything’ written on it. The owner of the locker smiled and pulled on the balloon’s strings to lower it. She hugged the balloon to her chest. She then tied the balloon’s string to her bag.

Hell yes.

Tzuyu fist bumped herself.

The owner of the locker suddenly looked around and noticed Tzuyu.

“Hi Tzuyu!”

Oh .

“H-Hi Sana! Wonderful morning we’re having, a-aren’t we?” Tzuyu replied awkwardly.

“Yes, it’s been a very good morning!” Sana smiled. “Do you have any idea who put this balloon inside my locker?”

“N-N-Nope! I’ve never see that thing before in my life!” Tzuyu immediately answered.

“Hmm.” Sana smiled to herself. “Okay, if you say so.”

“Y-Yeah… I-I’ll see you around?” Tzuyu stammered.

“Definitely!” Sana winked at Tzuyu before closing her locker and walking away. She stopped and turned around.

“Thank you, by the way.”

“For what?” Tzuyu was truly confused.

“Just… thanks.” Sana continued to leave the hallway. After Sana disappeared, Tzuyu held onto her heart and gasped.

Whew, that was a close one.

“Did it work?” Tzuyu’s friend suddenly jumped her.

“Get off!” Tzuyu shoved her friend a few feet away from her, “And yes, she liked it.”

“How did you even get into her locker?” Chaeyoung raised an eyebrow.

“I paid some nerd to figure out her locker combination for her. It took them three days,” Tzuyu explained. Chaeyoung resisted rolling her eyes at her crazy friend.

“Why don’t you just confess? Everyone and their mom knows that you like Sana.” Chaeyoung rolled her eyes.

“I-I might not be as lucky as you and Mina!” Tzuyu looked at Chaeyoung with terrified eyes.

“I’m sure the level of how much Sana likes you right now is more than how much Mina liked me when I confessed to her,” Chaeyoung pointed out.

“What?” A voice asked from behind them.

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu froze. Chaeyoung turned around with a big smile.

“M-Mina! Babe, I-”

“You think I didn’t like you that much when I agreed to go out with you?” Mina had tears in her eyes.

“N-No, of course not-”

“I wouldn’t have said yes if I didn’t like you a lot!”

“I know-”

Mina huffed and walked away from the two. Tzuyu just looked at the two, feeling super awkward.

“S-Shouldn’t you run after her?” Tzuyu pointed at Mina’s leaving figure.

“Nah, she’ll get over it. She got mad at me yesterday for putting mustard on my hot dog instead of ketchup; she got over it in like, five minutes.” Chaeyoung waved it off.

“Okay…”

What kind of relationship does she have…?

______________________________________________________________________

 

Class started and all the students filed into their respective classrooms. Tzuyu ran to where Sana usually sat and placed a stuffed animal squirrel onto her seat. The squirrel tipped over and landed on its side.

, I ain’t playing with you. This has to be perfect.

Tzuyu repositioned the squirrel until it stood properly and ran to her own seat. She waited patiently.

“What’s up with you? You look like you’re about to be summoned to fight a sumo wrestler,” someone snorted from beside her.

“None of your business, Nayeon...” Tzuyu sighed.

“It’s something for Sana again, isn’t it?”

“H-How did you know?!” Tzuyu looked at Nayeon as if she just uncovered national treasure. Nayeon did not look amused.

“Are you kidding me? Everyone and their uncle knows that you like Sana and have been leaving her gifts.”

“Saying that someone’s uncle knows about my crush is a bit excessive.”

Nayeon rolled her eyes. “It’s a figure of speech, it means-”

“Shh! She’s coming!” Tzuyu stopped Nayeon from finishing her sentence as Sana walked into the room. Sana was about to go to her seat when her friend beat her to it.

“Aww, look! Someone left me a toy!” She grabbed the squirrel and poked its plastic eyeballs.

“That’s not yours, Momo!” Tzuyu stood up from her seat. Everyone in the classroom looked at her. They were smirking. Sana was smirking as well.

“And whose is it, Tzuyu?” Sana asked with a knowing glint in her eyes.

“I-I’m pretty sure it’s for you,” Tzuyu said nervously. Everyone in the classroom shook their heads and thought ‘no ’ to themselves.

“How do you know it’s for me?” Sana continued to ask.

“Y-You must resemble a cute squirrel to someone, t-they must’ve wanted you to know that.” Tzuyu twiddled her thumbs.

“Oh.” Sana smiled at Tzuyu and held her hand out to Momo. “Well, you heard her, it’s mine apparently.”

“You already have that balloon! I wanted to experiment with it.” Momo pouted. “At what temperature do stuff animals start to melt?”

Sana rolled her eyes and took the stuffed animal squirrel from Momo’s hands.

“Thank you, Tzuyu~” Sana snuggled the little squirrel plush to her face.

“For what?” Tzuyu blinked.

Everyone facepalmed.

Before Sana could reply, the teacher entered the room and began class. Everyone sat down and paid attention to the teacher as he babbled on about mitochondria. The students took notes as the teacher continued to describe the functions of various parts of the nucleus. Well, most of the students were taking notes.

Tzuyu was too busy doodling Sana’s name into her notebook. Nayeon noticed and scoffed.

“Seriously?” Nayeon whispered to Tzuyu.

“Leave me alone.” Tzuyu smiled to herself as she retraced Sana’s name with her finger.

“Your crush has evolved to a whole new level of creepy,” Nayeon whispered harshly.

Tzuyu ignored her as she continued to smile down at her Sana-infested notebook.

“Nayeon! Seeing as how you are in a talkative mood, why don’t you tell the class how the golgi apparatus works?” The teacher pointed his chalk at Nayeon. Nayeon paled.

“I-I couldn’t see what you were writing on the board, Sana’s balloon was blocking the way!” Nayeon panicked.

“Sana isn’t even in front of you...” The teacher shook his head.

Tzuyu giggled.

Karma .

______________________________________________________________________

 

It was lunch time now. Tzuyu held her lunch tray as she walked to the table that Sana usual sat on. She took out her homemade cupcake from a container that she put into her backpack. She spent the entire morning making it perfect for Sana. She placed a little note next to the cupcake. It read the words ‘sweet just like you’.

Tzuyu quickly left the table before Sana and her friends came. She ran to her own lunch table where her friends were situated.

“You cooked something for her again?” Dahyun shook her head.

“You cooked something for Momo last week!” Tzuyu defended herself.

“That was one time!” Dahyun blushed. “You cook something for her like, every other day!”

“S-She looks like she enjoys my cooking!” Tzuyu sat down with pink cheeks.

“Of course she does, she knows you are-”

Chaeyoung slammed her hand in front of Dahyun’s mouth.

“She knows I am what?” Tzuyu blinked at Dahyun. Dahyun looked awkwardly at Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung glared at Dahyun and shook her head.

“I didn’t say anything,” Dahyun replied after Chaeyoung removed her hand from .

“You said that Sana knows I am… what?” Tzuyu asked again.

“I didn’t say a word. You’re crazy.” Dahyun continued to silently eat her food.

“I’m not crazy, you totally said something!”

“No I didn’t.”

Tzuyu sighed. “I’m going to get some milk.” Tzuyu stood up and walked to where the drinks were located in the cafeteria.

Dahyun sighed as Tzuyu left.

“Why did you do that?” Dahyun asked Chaeyoung.

“Don’t tell Tzuyu that Sana knows that she is her secret admirer.” Chaeyoung shook her head.

“Why?”

“It’s going to ruin their beautiful love story. Let Tzuyu confess to Sana herself that she has a crush on her, or at least let Sana tell Tzuyu that she knows,” Chaeyoung continued.

“Oh, okay,” Dahyun agreed with a nod. “It’s going to take a while though. Tzuyu is as dumb as a brainless monkey and Sana loves the attention Tzuyu gives her.”

“I know, right?” Chaeyoung sighed.

Another one of their friends took a seat at their table.

“What’s going on guys?” their friend, Jeongyeon, asked.

“Tzuyu baked a cupcake for Sana,” Dahyun muttered.

Again?” Jeongyeon shook her head, “Everyone and their aunts knows that Tzuyu is Sana’s secret admirer.

I know, right?” Dahyun and Chaeyoung said simultaneously.

“Where’s Tzuyu now?” Jeongyeon asked.

“Getting milk or something.” Dahyun shrugged.

“Why is Tzuyu getting milk? She’s already taller than the Eiffel Tower!” Jeongyeon laughed.

Chaeyoung pouted. “She should share some of her height with me.”

Dahyun snickered.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Tzuyu got her milk and was about to return to her table when she saw Sana and her friends walking to their usual lunch table. Tzuyu’s knees shook as she watched Sana pick up the cupcake with a beautiful smile. She also read the note; her smile got bigger. Sana folded the note nicely before putting it gently into her bag, which, by the way, still has the balloon attached to it.

Tzuyu smiled and walked by Sana’s table.

“Hi Sana~” Tzuyu’s heart started racing as Sana faced her with a smile.

“Hi Tzuyu, this cupcake looks delicious, doesn’t it?” Sana teased.

“Y-Yeah! I bet whoever made it for you spent all morning making it. They also probably burnt a bunch of them and forced their parents to eat them all!” Tzuyu awkwardly chuckled.

“That was an awfully detailed reply,” Jihyo snorted. Nayeon giggled at Jihyo’s comment. Mina smiled to herself. Momo was ignoring everyone and quickly ate her lunch.

“I just think that would have happened.” Tzuyu defended herself, looking away from everyone’s judging eyes.

“It’s okay, I understand, you probably know my secret admirer, right?” Sana beamed at Tzuyu.

“Maybe.”

“Yeah, I bet you’re really close to her,” Jihyo added.

“N-Nonsense!” Tzuyu was panicking now. “I-I’m going to go back to my table.”

Tzuyu turned around and got ready to leave.

“Wait,” Sana said as she stood up. Tzuyu turned around immediately at Sana’s request.

Yes bae?

Sana walked close to Tzuyu and stood slightly tiptoed. She lovingly kissed Tzuyu on the cheek. Tzuyu’s cheeks immediately flared as she looked at Sana in shock.

“W-W-What was that f-for?” Tzuyu stuttered. Her heart was almost beating out of her chest.

“Just showing my appreciation~” Sana winked as she sat back down.

“For what?” Tzuyu asked dazedly.

“Stop asking me questions, I did it just because~” Sana giggled.

“O-Okay.” Tzuyu nodded before getting ready to leave again. “I’ll see you around?”

“Definitely,” Sana replied, waving cutely at Tzuyu before beginning her meal.

Tzuyu touched the cheek that Sana kissed with her hand.

Oh my god I’m never going to wash this cheek ever again.

Sana giggled to herself as she watched Tzuyu leave. She was swaying a bit, probably because she was still dazed from the kiss.

“You’re such a tease, Sana.” Mina shook her head.

“Why don’t you just tell Tzuyu that you know that she’s your secret admirer? Her obsession of you is getting annoying,” Nayeon grumbled.

“You might as well tell her that you like her too.” Jihyo raised an eyebrow at Sana. Sana blushed and picked at her food with her fork.

“I’ll tell her soon guys.”

“You said that weeks ago!” Momo rolled her eyes; she only talked now because she just finished eating.

“I’m serious this time!” Sana pouted.

“You said that last week,” Mina pointed out.

“Oh, shut up.” Sana said under her breath as her friends laughed at her.

Really good friends they are.

“Whose milk is this?” Jihyo asked as she pointed at the little milk carton that was on their lunch table.

“I don’t know.” Nayeon shrugged.

“Finders keepers!” Momo took the milk carton and opened it. She drank it within seconds.

“You weren’t even the one that found it...” Mina shook her head at Momo’s antics.

Sana wasn’t even paying attention to her friends, she was too busy gushing to herself about Tzuyu’s sweetness.

Her not-so-secret bae.

______________________________________________________________________

 

Soon, it was after school. Tzuyu ran out of her last class.

I need to make it to Sana’s locker before she does.

Tzuyu made it to Sana’s locker and quickly opened it. She reached into her backpack and pulled out a box of chocolates and a envelope. She barely closed her locker before Sana appeared behind her.

“What are you doing?”

Tzuyu jumped. “N-Nothing!”

“Why are you in front of my locker?” Sana grinned. She held her backpack to her chest; the balloon was still attached to it.

“It was on the way to my locker,” Tzuyu replied.

“Tzuyu… Your locker is on the other side of the school.” Sana giggled.

She knows where my locker is?

“I… Uh…” Tzuyu didn’t know what to say. Sana opened her locker and smiled at the contents that she saw. She pulled out the box of chocolates first. She opened the box and took out a piece of the chocolate. She put it in and moaned. Tzuyu almost died.

“It’s delicious, want one?” Sana picked out another piece of the chocolate.

“I’m okay-”

“Here!” Sana pushed the chocolate into Tzuyu’s mouth.

Her goddess-like fingers touched my undeserving mouth.

Tzuyu shivered as she ate the chocolate.

“Good, right?” Sana asked as she giddily swayed.

“Yeah, I bought it myself and made sure it tasted good before I-” Tzuyu stopped.

“Before you what?” Sana smirked.

“I didn’t say anything.” Tzuyu paled.

“Okay.” Sana shrugged it off with a smile. She took the envelope. Tzuyu blushed. She didn’t want to be around when she read her letter.

“I’m gonna go-”

“No, stay here with me, let’s read it together.”

“That’s embarrassing,” Tzuyu whined. Sana had a smug look on her face.

“Why would it be embarrassing?”

“N-Nothing, forget I said anything.” Tzuyu had to stop being obvious (in her mind).

Sana gently opened the envelope and read it out loud.

"Sana, thinking about you makes my heart beat faster than a dog’s after it successfully steals food from its owner.

My mind races all day from thoughts of you.

I think you are the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.

I love giving you gifts and seeing your wonderful reactions.

I put a lot of love and thought into everything I’ve given you.

I will admit, I may or may not have done a few illegal things for you, but that’s okay, right?

I hope I’ll have the courage to confess to you one day.

I really hope that you’ll accept me and my weirdness when I do.

Love, your secret admirer.

P.S. I like what you wore yesterday, unicorns look nice on you."

Tzuyu’s face has never been more red as she listened to Sana read her letter out loud.

Kill me. Take me out of my misery.

Sana giggled and put the letter back into the envelope. She faced Tzuyu and poked her red cheeks.

“Why are you so red?”

“No reason,” Tzuyu lied.

Sana smiled gratefully at Tzuyu and stood on her tippy toes. She gently pecked Tzuyu on the lips.

Holy .

Tzuyu started babbling, “What- You- I- Y-Your lips-”

Sana placed her finger on Tzuyu’s lips to stop her mindless babbling.

“I felt really good after reading that letter, I needed to let my emotions out,” Sana explained as she removed her finger from Tzuyu’s soft lips.

“Oh, okay.” Tzuyu let out a small smile.

Never washing my ENTIRE face now.

“I’ll see you around?”

“Definitely.”

Tzuyu smiled at Sana and waved goodbye; Sana waved back. Tzuyu turned around and started skipping out of the school.

“Tzuyu!”

Tzuyu turned her head. “Yeah?”

“I don’t mind that you’ve done illegal things!” Sana winked. She blew Tzuyu a sweet kiss before turning around and skipping away in the opposite direction.

Tzuyu almost fainted.

What? She… She knows?!

Tzuyu heard a popping sound down the hallway and immediately heard Sana whine.

“My balloon!”