Crushing On A Puppy

Crushing On A Puppy

"Jooheon, you have to get out,"

The said man who was eating cereal in front of the television on a good Saturday morning could only stare at his hyung, mouth opened in atonishment with the spoon halfway through.

What on Earth? Did Wonho just threw him out of their shared apartment?!

"Hyung, I already paid the rent for this month! Why are you throwing me out?!"

Calmly wiping off the mixture of saliva and milk that his dongsaeng spat on his face, Wonho asked increduluosly, "Who said I was throwing you out? I just ordered you to get out,"

"What is the difference?!"

At this point Jooheon was talking in a high-pitched voice, believing that by screaming maybe his hyung will change his decision to throw him out of the apartment and in turn save his sad, poor and miserable life as a broke student from having to sleep on the streets with rats and other unknown microorganisms.

He forgot that his other hyung was still sleeping, thus resulting in a house slipper getting thrown on his face.

 

"Do tell me why I have to be waken up from my precious sleep on the weekend, Joohoney?" There, on the hallway between the living room and the kitchen, Hyungwon stood, smiling while holding another pair of the slipper.

Jooheon swore he saw a flash of The Joker on Hyungwon's face before Kihyun pushed him aside.

He praised the God for giving him a chance to escape the wrath of their resident Sleeping Beauty.

"Jooheon, I need you to help me buy the grocery. We don't have enough egg for breakfast and the ramen that I had just bought miraculously disappeared," the shortest male said, glaring at Wonho who could only offer a sheepish smile.

"Oh, so that is why you asked me to get out, hyung?"

"Of course. I want you to buy the spicy one and also the squid-flavored one, okay? That particular flavours are the best. Also, they are my favourite," 

He held out his hand, waiting for the money but only receiving a falsely blank face from the ramen-lover. 

"Come on, Jooheon. Don't you feel like treating your beloved hyung today?" the eldest smiled innocently at him while fluttering his not-so-long eyelashes, voice altered to that of a 5 years old child's.

For the second time that day, Jooheon's mouth opened unattractively. His hyung who has a steady career and income had the gall to ask his still-in-university dongsaeng to treat him at the end of the month? Where is the fairness in this small world? 

Before he could launch into a speech about the unfairness and the sadnesss or even about the spreading wars in the world, Kihyun ed a large amount of money in his face, alongside a long grocery list. 

"Go now, Jooheon, before I change my mind and decide to fry three noisy humans as this morning breakfast," the other male calmly said.

The other three humans wisely scurried away from the living room, effectively ending the Saturday drama.

"Children," the evil midget left behind sighed to the empty air.

 


 

A certain redhead trudged down the pavement covered with snow, feet dragging heavily across the cobbled road. His plan to lazying around the apartment, watching reruns of anime had officially been cancelled due to his hyungs' whims. 

Jooheon continued to wander aimlessly, somehow his feet had brought him to the newly-opened 24/7 grocery store across their apartment building rather than the local mart that they always frequented whenever their kitchen faces the extinction of vegetables and meats. 

He blinked through the dim sunlight to read the signboard, 'Appa's Mart' written in white bold letters, with an image of a cartoon bear at the end of the name. 

'Cute,' he thought, brushing off the snow from his shoes on the welcome mat. Ridiculuosly, the mat was also decorated with the same pattern of cartoon bears, almost making him feel bad to step on the mat. 

Walking down the aisle, hearing a faint greeting from the cashier, he decided he likes the friendly and homey atmosphere. There were various homemade product that he found interesting, like the mixture of apple and chocolate jam, the wheat noodles and they even sell chocolate made from 100% coffee beans!

Like Alice in Wonderland, Jooheon found that the mart is a really interesting place as he kept stumbling upon odd products and items. Luckily, when he was busy browsing the 'Spooky Cookies' aisle - even the section's name is oddly funny what is life - Kihyun rang him, asking him to return home as soon as possible because "Minhyuk is changing to a Hulk what are you even doing, fighting with chicken guarding their eggs?"

Placing the last item needed into the trolley, he happily skipped to the cashier counter, ready to pay when he felt as if the air had been out of his lungs. 

(Not really, actually, Jooheon has always being a queen drama.)

His jaw dropped open for the umpteenth time that day but he did not care for an angel was standing in front of him, dressed in a crisp white shirt with black slack. Even with the ordinary clothes this angel still managed to look ethereal. He could even hear children singing choir faintly in the background.

"Good morning. Is that all sir?" a deep smooth voice resonated in his daydreaming, and wow oh my God did that voice came from this beautiful angel jooheon can really die peacefully like this. Eventhough the greeting was muttered monotonously, he found that there was a certain lull to it that remind him of rain in summers and fallen leaves.

"Umm...sir?" the angel frowned slightly - oh no don't frown but even his little frown is cute oh please jooheon is dying from this excessive cuteness - head tilted to the right while waving his hand in front of Jooheon's face.

"Ah...umm...I money? I meant...yeah, I want to pay, please?" Great, real smooth Jooheon. Maybe you should just shut up and pay for your things and then go home to scream onto your pillow.

"Yes, sir. Please wait for a while," the other male replied, all the while his hands were scanning and arranging the groceries into the plastic bag. Jooheon took the chance to take a closer look at the cute cashier.

Belatedly, he noticed a name tag pinned on the other's shirt, 창균 was written with small and neat handwriting followed with the same cartoon on the signboard, only that the cartoon bear was replaced with a puppy.

Cute.

No, scratched that.

It was adorable.

Possibly the most adorable thing that Jooheon had ever seen. Even cuter than his own aegyo. 

"All of that will be 72, 000 won, sir," at the end of the sentence, the cashier blinded him with a little smile, just a modest smile that probably was given daily to an ordinary customer. Even that simple smile was too cute for Jooheon's kokoro to handle, and in return making his own muscle face paralysed so he just nodded silently and paid the amount.

As fast as lightning, he grabbed the grocery bags and dashed from the mart, ignoring the 'thank you, sir' (but failing because such voice is really illegal to exist in this world), face impossibly red from mortification and also from being unable to breathe normally because what had happened? What was an angel doing on Earth? Is that a fallen angle? Is that why he has no wings? 

And on that day a person named Lee Jooheon went back home and proceeded to harass his housemates with crazy questions about angels and heavens and first love and hyungs does that mean we are eating food produced from the paradise?

That was also the day a person named Yoo Kihyun regretted sending his dongsaeng alone for grocery shopping.


 

I swear this was supposed to be a one-shot.

But then Jooheoney came to me and beg me to give Jookyun ship more spotlight.

Can't possibly resist that puppy eyes, guys.

Hope all of you enjoy and pardon for spelling or grammatical error.