Chapter 01

Raspberry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

ބ R a s p B e r r y ބ

When regrets Comes a little bit too late

I weakly smile seeing the love of life coming in greeting my older brother like a real respectful gentleman. It was not a planned date for just the two of us but I wasn’t really expecting him to come. I stood there watching his every moves, not wanting to miss any single clue that will probably like the usual will hurt me after knowing.

It took him another minute before he realize I was there standing on the first step of our huge and long staircase just watching him and my older brother exchanged their brotherly affections.

 

“hey Yunmi!” he greeted me like his usual cool self. A handsome smirk appeared on his manly but pretty face making me cringed from where I was standing. I always hated that smirk. It makes me wonder how many girls have fell into that sheepish gesture. To me, that act alone was screaming flirtation. And He knew after last night…? he needed it to make me somehow….. forgive him.

My only answer to him was a frown. I could not give him anything more than that. He pouted at me like a kid and I swear it almost made me want to give up. Yes I already wanted to… but something in me tells me not to.

“Give me a minute” I dryly said making him looked at me worriedly. He didn’t really gave me an answer to that. So I just walked off and started climbing up the stairs painfully towards my room.

It took me about another minute to quickly change. I am not like those pretty little girls who spends an ample amount of time prepping themselves for a date. Maybe I was… before. When all were still beautiful, when all were like a a beautiful dream that I wished I would never wake up to. But I did…. tonight is different. I won’t be coming out of my room all EXCITED for a date. Not like the way I used to giggle when my love fetch me for a dinner date or anything as simple as talking outside of my porch.

I walked down the stairs and I saw my love and older brother still talking like they missed each other when they were just together at school that afternoon. Yes, both are in fact good friends making things a bit more complicated for me than the usual.

“oh you done? what’s up with the face? Are you sick?” my brother asked me and I just nodded at him with less enthusiasm.

“I’m ok” I forced a smile to make them believe that I am feeling okay when in fact I was dying. What I am currently feeling is choking me like a rope being wrapped around my neck. I kept struggling out of it yet it’s grip tightens that I can feel my breath getting shorter. I knew that the more I stay in there the sooner i’ll die.

“let’s go?” my love asked and like what I did with my brother, I just nodded

“Yunmi, Is your best friend coming with you?” My brother asked before I was out of the door. I looked back at him and I could feel that he knew something. Does he know that I am suffering? Does he know what his friend is doing to me? ~ Maybe not

I shook my head

“He has a some photo shoot to attend to around Downtown Seoul” That was my first long sentence for hours ever since I came home from school today. And I saw my brother heave a sigh of relief… or maybe worry.

“Ok, i’m off to my work too” my brother said

‘I’m going first” I said and finally walking out of the door. I felt my love taking my hand guiding me towards his car with a smile.

We drove off towards the restaurant where we will be meeting our friends with me keeping my silence. I could see him taking secret glances at me and all I could do was frown.

With the cold treatment that he’s been getting, my love immediately stopped the car and looked at me. His left arm resting on his steering wheel, his left cheek resting on his arm. He stared at me for a while with his usual apologetic look… Something that I’ve been used to seeing already.

He was about to say something when I cut him off. I really don’t want to hear anything from him anymore. It’s always been an apology… explanation… forgiveness and make up. I sometimes wonder if it could happen the other way around.

“Yunho, what ever it is I believe you” I said but all was half meant. I swear I tried but every time I choose to believe him, the next thing I know he’s at it again. I ‘d rather not let him talk than hear him speak another lie.

“I know Yunmi. You have to… i’m sorry that I dissed you last night but something really important came up” he said while caressing my cheeks.

‘”How many times have I heard you saying that?” that’s what I was really intending to ask him “I know… I understand” but this is what my tongue and mind forced me to say.

I saw him smiled at me charmingly. He has such a handsome features. Something that could pass or even surpass those proud handsome models.

I remember the day we both first met. It was the typical rainy afternoon. I was on my heels and was literally wet from head to toe. I was cursing my brother for being late. He was supposedly to come and get me one hour ago but he didn’t come at the agreed time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter