KFC date

KFC date

Jongin sat in his booth in KFC. Tao was late. They’re meant to be meeting at 5. Jongin checked his watch and realised it was only 4, so he couldn’t fault Tao for being late when he was an hour early.

 

He just wanted to make sure Tao wouldn’t come early. For some reason the fact that Tao hadn’t bothered to come early when he was waiting for him made him feel annoyed. He knew it wasn’t Tao’s fault but he couldn’t help the annoyance that bubbled inside him.

 

After pouting for a full five minutes Jongin decided that he should just go ahead and order his popcorn chicken when he felt someone sit opposite him. He looked up and was surprised to see Tao sitting there.

 

“What are you doing here?” Jongin asked, absolutely confused.

“I could ask you the same question?” Tao replied before going to order their food.

“You didn’t answer my question.” Jongin started pestering Tao after he sat down again, both waiting for their food.

Tao sighed, whilst looking at Jongin. “We’ve been dating for two years Jongin. I know about your habit of arriving early.” Tao answered before standing up to collect their order as it had just been announced.

 ***

They had left KFC half an hour ago, and were currently walking around a park near a cinema.

“When’s the movie again?” Tao asked checking his phone. Jongin was leaning on Tao, his head on Tao’s shoulder. He raised his head to turn and stare at the cinema. Tao used this chance to lean on Jongin and place his head on the other’s shoulder.

“It’s at 5.” Jongin answered turning away from the cinema.

“We have around 30 minutes, what do you want to do?”

Jongin shrugged before spying a bench and dragging Tao to sit on it.

“Let’s talk, we haven’t seen each other in ages.”

“It’s only been a few days.” Tao laughed as he leaned back, meeting with the cool surface of the back of the bench.

“Still too long.” Jongin muttered his nose nuzzling at Tao’s neck. “We should move in together.”

Tao laughed again.

“I’ll think about it, but we should head back.”

“Is it already 5?” Jongin was surprised, it only seemed like a few minutes.

“Almost.”

They both stood up and turned. As they were heading back their conversation moved back to moving in.

“About the moving in, I thi-.”

“I told you I’ll think about it.” Tao couldn’t help but stress the word ‘think’.

“You will move in,” Jongin said, “trust me.”

Jongin’s voice held such confidence that Tao just smiled and pulled him into the building, making Jongin stumble. His excuse was, “The movie’s waiting for us. Come on!”