[1]

Right Before My Eyes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                

First chapter delivered within 3 hours, mhm. This story works a little different than my other one because I changed the writing style, a lot.
This font will be talking in present-tense, while things are happening in 'the heat of the moment'.

This font is past tense, as if it is 'recalling the events that took place'.

 

• Presented by Blinkk •

 

 

              It was nearly one month before summer break was going to start in my freshman year of high school. I had confessed to my high school ideal type whom I had been crushing on for several months already. I know I wasn’t that much of a bold person since I always got shy and chickened out during a lot of the opportunities I had, but knowing that the school year was coming to an end, I finally put away my fears and confessed. Surprisingly (if I may add, most happily), she had said ‘Yes!’ to my confession into asking her out. I couldn’t feel even happier back then.

 

              At first, maybe it was weird. I hadn’t ever been in a relationship whereas both parties were the same . But here I am with a girl as my romantic partner. I wasn’t really judged by anyone around. I was known as the extrovert of our grade, and I found myself to be quite popular amongst the other students (thankfully). My high school life was quite enjoyable since I had many friends to confide in, to talk to (I like talking to people), and everyone treated me well. I wouldn’t like to boast, but if I had to say, I doubt anyone had held grudges against me. Even my familial status was quite nice: with a loving mother and a loving father, and the wealth we had that was able to sustain my whole family. Though, I didn’t see them that often because they were in another country; I was studying abroad.

              

              I was probably the happiest person on earth.

 

---

              

              It was already senior year. Winter was barely ending soon, and sweater weather was almost over. It was our season to cuddle and embrace for warmth, yet it was nearly over. But did I mention she looked really nice in sweaters? We always had those few occasions during lunch where we were sitting on the bench together, just a few feet apart. These were the times where we were alone, just us two, to spend quality bonding time together, as our friends gave us time and space to do. Usually, I would present a lunch box right in between the both of us since I loved making food for her and watching her eat was my joy.

 

 

              “What’s that?” She asks me.

              “What do you think it looks like?” I ask her back, with an indifferent tone, “What else would lunchtime be used for, besides eating lunch!?”

              She makes a face with her lips and nearly grumbles, “You don’t have to be sarcastic with me, sheesh.”

              “It’s not my fault you ask stupid questions though.”

 

              I open the box right in front of her and smile with pride in the efforts of my handmade lunch.

 

              “Ta-da! It’s your favorite lovely sandwiches.”

              She widens her eyes immediately and gasps just slightly, “You know, you’re the best.”

              I nod repeatedly while putting my hands on my hips with my eyes closed, “Yup, I’m Jisoo for a reason.”

              “Do you want a smooch for your reward?” She makes her lips into a kissy face.

              I open my eyes after her sentence, only to realize that her whole upper body was already leaning over the food in between us, and that her face nearly touched mine. I simultaneously lean back with a weird face and my hands instinctively place themselves on her shoulders to stop her.

              “Jennie! Behave yourself. You know that there are still windows there on the upper floors where the cafeteria is located right!?” I hiss at her in a shushed tone, “We’re sitting right across from those windows, and you know they probably spy on us every se — ”

              “I don’t see a problem, let them do it,” she cuts me off quickly and continues to lean forward.

              “Jennie…” Her lips peck the corner of my lips right away, probably as an attempt to shush me. She’s really stubborn.

              “Muah!” She returns back to her original position and munches happily on one of the sandwiches, pretending like nothing happened; meanwhile, I, on the other hand, is just paralyzed at just the littlest touch of her lips on my skin. I bring my hand on the spot she pecked and remain silent while my heart just races wildly.

              How is she so good at making me feel like that? - I wonder all the time.

              “Is something wrong?”

              “Well, that one little kiss of yours wasn't even centered.”

              “Oh, really? Would you like another one?”

              “No!”

              “Are you sure?”

              “Yes!”

              Jennie simply breaks into a smile at my reactions. I mutter the next sentence in a more quieter tone, “I swear I can just hear everyone squealing and shouting from the cafeteria again…”

              She giggles out loud, to which I silently listen to and feel myself getting warmer on the inside. I let out a small sigh in return and begin to dig in on lunch.

              A few minutes passes by and Jennie asks me a question, “Hey, do you hear that?”

              “Hear what?” I turn my head towards her and only asks dumbfoundedly because I didn’t know what she was listening to.

              “That. The music.”

              “Huh?” I blink a few times, and finally my ears start to tune in someone playing the guitar at a distance, strumming some wonderful chords with a beautiful melody, “Oh, I hear it now.” I turn my upper body to look at our surroundings, at the direction of the music, but I didn’t see anyone in sight. Jennie does the same.

              “Was the guitar always playing this whole entire time, or am I just deaf — ”

              “I think you’re just deaf,” Jennie says, wiping with her napkin.

              But I chuckle in response and smile stupidly towards her, “That’s because you’re the one and only that I can hear and listen to.”

              In response, Jennie throws down her napkin back into the box while standing up immediately to walk away, “Nope, nope, I can’t. I am so done with your cheese.”

              I pout and whine immediately just like a kid as I clean up quickly and take the lunch box with me, “Where are you going, don’t leave meeeeee…..”

              A few seconds later, even without having to have gone that far from the bench, I could’ve sworn at that moment, I heard the strums of the guitar stop abruptly with a dead and unnatural, not-in-tune chord at the end, followed by a little crash. I turn only my head for just two seconds to look back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter