One

The Blind Date

Yixing woke with a slight start, the knocking that interrupted his dream now louder and clearer, still a constant thudding that seemed to shoot a dull pang to his head each time. Yixing bunched his fists and reached up to rub at his eyes but instead came into contact with his glasses. Again, he had fallen asleep with them on. This had become a habit of his – he yawned softly and looked down at all the papers scattered across his desk – another habit of his; staying up till the early morning studying until he passed out with his head either hitting the table or lulling backwards. Either way his neck always ached when he woke.

Yixing slid his slim fingers beneath the frames of his glasses and gently rubbed his tired eyes before pulling his hands away and glancing at the clock. Six am. For a brief moment Yixing’s insides flipped, thinking that he was going to be late for class when he remembered that it was a Saturday. With a sigh he pulled himself up and out of his desk chair and slowly made his way to the door which knocking could still be heard from behind. Yixing didn’t even have to consider who would be outside his room. Being the antisocial person he was there was only one conclusion and he came to be correct when he opened the door to see his two friends, Luhan and Yifan, with their hands mid-knock in the air.

The two boys grinned innocently before the shorter males smile turned into his famous smirk. Yixing’s face dropped. That smirk never brought anything good. “No, I don’t wa–“ But before he could finish his brilliant excuse of an escape out of whatever Luhan had planned this time, the boy pushed passed and into the foyer.

“Still haven’t cleaned this place up?” Luhan kicked an empty soda can across the floor as he made his way to the couch. Yixing looked back at his tall friend who still had an innocent smile planted on his lips before running his fingers through his unruly hair as he followed suit to his couch. “It is called decoration.” Yifan snorted from behind him, knowing well that Yixing was just lazy.

“I love your sense of decor XingXing” Luhan smiled wickedly as he made himself at home which did include his feet up on the coffee table. “Good news!” Yixing groaned under his breath and sat opposite Luhan. “Oh, you’re going to love this.” He clapped his small hands together and spoke with a hint of mischief in his tone. “Blind. Date.” Those two simple words hit Yixing like a truck.

“Good for you Lu ge. I hope it goes well” The sarcasm in his voice could almost be tasted on his own tongue but no matter, there was absolutely no way that he would do such a thing.

“Come on Yixing” Yixing turned his slowly filling panicked eyes to Yifan, “You haven’t left this apartment in like months.”

“I have so!”

“For classes, that is it.”

Yixing grabbed the pillow beside him and hugged it to his chest, “yes? That counts as leaving the apartment.”

Luhan groaned loudly, “this is a once in a lifetime opportunity!”

“Can I just say that I much prefer the times when you barge into my room and drag me out to watch a movie... I mean... a blind date?” Yixing opened and closed his mouth a few times in search of words. “I... I don’t do that.”

“So change that and do it.” Luhan held up his index finger to stop Yixing from speaking another complaint, “he is so hot, Xing.” He looked in the distance as if in a daze causing Yixing to raise his eyebrows. “So so hot.”

“If he is so so hot then why don’t you date him?”

Luhan broke from his thoughts of what Yixing presumed was about the man of his so called blind date. “Yah. You should be thanking me. Here I am offering you the chance to meet probably the hottest guy in China, yet you sound like you are turning down the offer-”

“Again. If you think he is the hottest guy in China, why don’t you date him?”

“-did I mention he is Korean... tall... slim... handsome... mysterious... hot... so... so... hot.” It was Yifan’s turn in joining Yixing with his raised eyebrows.

“Okay, I am kind of siding with Yixing now.” Luhan shot Yifan a glare before jumping out of the chair.

“He is literally all that! Come on Xing! You’re always complaining that you will live alone forever.”

“Do not!” Yixing hugged the pillow tighter, his lips now fully pursed.

“How about we make you an offer.”

Yixing turned his downcast eyes up to his friends, now with full interest, “go on...”

He watched as the two shared a quick glance at each other before speaking simultaneously “A year supply of candy.” It was as if they had planned this all before arrival... knowing them they probably had it planned over a week ago. In any other given situation Yixing would have turned down the offer immediately but... free candy... not to mention a year supply of free candy. He internally cursed. Why did his friends have to know his one true weakness.

“You have a deal.”

---------------

A/N - So I decided to put into two parts -this one being short-, the next being the date.. you never know, maybe there will be a third part too. What do you guys think so far? comments are always appreciated and helpful to me~ thank you to those who have subscribed already ;; 

- also my other story Let Me Fly will eventually be updated. I haven't given up on it. It is just a slow journey ;^;