Unlucky

Unlucky

The whole universe has been working against her, it seems.


After an hour or so of grueling against traffic, Eunjung arrived at the airport barely on time just to find out that her flight was delayed for a couple of hours due to some goddamn reason she didn't bother knowing. In an effort to get herself busy, she took a second look through her stuff and saw that her passport and plane ticket were not in her laptop bag's main pocket. Frantic, she took out all the contents of her laptop bag, along with some stuff from her hand-carry luggage (as she doesn't have any check-in luggage), only to find her passport and plane ticket on the laptop bag's side pocket. Feeling the call of nature, she went to the comfort room. Once she was done, she thought it was the end of the unlucky things she has experienced today, only to trip on a displaced tile.


And so now here she is at the waiting area, sighing at her unlucky streak which seemed to be at an unusual high.


The universe must really be working against her.


And not to mention, today is her wedding.


For the umpteenth time, Eunjung sighed as she recounted the conversation she had with Jiyeon.


FLASHBACK


"I'm getting married!" Jiyeon said, smiling as she showed her engagement ring to a shocked Eunjung.


"Wow. When's the wedding?" Eunjung asked.


"About two months from now."


"Oh."


To be honest, Eunjung did not know how to feel, now that Jiyeon is getting married. Sure, she feels happy like she should be, but there was still the lingering hurt at the fact that the girl she loved, no, loves, has really let her go and is now getting married to a new love.


"I'm really sorry, but I don't think I could come. I'll be heading to Japan around that time for a photoshoot." Eunjung lied. Getting a flight to Japan is way easier than watching your love get married to another person anyway. Besides, she could spend that time in Japan to at least get herself together and start moving on.


"It's fine. I know you're busy, though I must admit that I'm a bit dissapointed that you wouldn't be there." Jiyeon said as she gave Eunjung a small smile.


"How long would you be in Japan, anyway? Maybe we could set a party for when you get back?"


"About a month? two months? I'm not sure, really."


I actually want to stay there until I move on from you, Eunjung thought.


"That long?" Jiyeon pouted.


"Come on. You've got Gun with you the whole time that time so why are you looking like that? Just focus on your homeymoon, you don't have to plan a party for me," Eunjung responded as she playfully pat Jiyeon's head, and Jiyeon only pouted in response.


God, I'll miss you so much. I'll miss these times when you get married.


Their conversation continued, with them talking about everything and nothing, and ended after a few hours. As the two of them got ready to leave, Eunjung still could not get rid of the pang in her chest that she felt when Jiyeon broke the news of her wedding to her.


It seems you've really moved on. Guess I should start doing the same...


END FLASHBACK


They haven't spoken ever since, mostly because Eunjung had been avoiding any form of interaction with Jiyeon, for fear that if they speak again, she might lose control and ask the other girl to call off her wedding, and she knows she has to be better than that. Besides, she thinks, she's already doing herself a favor by starting to move on from Jiyeon.


"Good afternoon passengers. This is the regular boarding call for flight 885 to Tokyo at Gate 21. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you."


The airline announcement got Eunjung back to her senses.


So this is it...


Heaving another sigh, she got ready to head over to the boarding area.


But then...

 



"I do." The groom said as he looked at the priest, then to his bride.


Smiling, the priest turned to the bride for her wedding vows.


"Do you, Park Jiyeon, take Lee Dong Gun to be your wedded husband to live together in marriage?  Do you promise to love him, comfort him, honor and keep him for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness and health and forsaking all others, be faithful only to him so long as you both shall live?"


Do you, Park Jiyeon?


Do you?


Jiyeon looked up at Don Gun to find his dark brown eyes staring expectantly back at her.


Too dark. His eyes are too dark and dull. She thought, as she expected a pair of beautiful bright brown orbs to be staring right back at her.


But then again, whose eyes did she wish to be staring back at her in front of the altar?


FLASHBACK


"I'm getting married!" Jiyeon said, smiling as she showed her engagement ring to a shocked Eunjung.


"Wow. When's the wedding?" Eunjung asked.


"About two months from now." Jiyeon said, observing Eunjung's every reaction.


"Oh." Eunjung said, an unreadable expression on her face.


To be honest, Jiyeon does not know how she feels, now that she has already broken the news to Eunjung. Sure, she was happy, especially during the night when Dong Gun proposed to her, but the look on Eunjung's face made her hesitate. Did she really want this? But then again, Jiyeon and Eunjung were over, and she is now getting married to her new love, so why does she feel like this, as if she didn't really want this?


"I'm really sorry, but I don't think I could come. I'll be heading to Japan around that time for a photoshoot." LIE. Jiyeon saw through Eunjung's lie, but did not comment on it. Maybe Eunjung still hadn't moved on after all, seeing how she's becoming avoidant now.


"It's fine. I know you're busy, though I must admit that I'm a bit dissapointed that you wouldn't be there." Jiyeon said as she gave Eunjung a small smile, hiding her disappointment.


"How long would you be in Japan, anyway? Maybe we could set a party for when you get back?"


"About a month? two months? I'm not sure, really."


"That long?" Jiyeon pouted.


You're planning to avoid me for that long? It may be selfish, but Jiyeon still doesn't want Eunjung to avoid her, even when she knew that not being able to avoid her would only add up to the misery of the older girl, especially when she was the one Eunjung was trying to move on from.


"Come on. You've got Gun with you the whole time that time so why are you looking like that? Just focus on your homeymoon, you don't have to plan a party for me," Eunjung responded as she playfully pat Jiyeon's head, and Jiyeon only pouted in response.


Is that it? You aren't even going to stop me, Eunjung? But then again, why was she expecting Eunjung to stop her?


Their conversation continued, with them talking about everything and nothing, and ended after a few hours. As the two of them got ready to leave, Jiyeon still could not believe that Eunjung actually let her go just like that without even trying to tell her to call off the wedding.


Does this mean I'm doing the right thing, Eunjung? Is this how it's going to be?


END FLASHBACK


Did she really want this?


If she says yes, she would be forever bound to the man in front of her. Is that what she wants? Now that she thinks about it, deeply this time, Jiyeon wasn't sure this was the thing she wanted the most.


Shaking her head slightly, Jiyeon forced herself to get back to her senses.


"I..."
 



"Good afternoon passengers. This is the regular boarding call for flight 885 to Tokyo at Gate 21. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you."


As Eunjung stood up from her seat and got ready to board, she heard a familiar voice calling out to her.


"Eunjung!"


Must be imagining things. Eunjung laughed slightly as she shook her head and continued walking towards the boarding area.


"Eunjung!"


Or not. Wait. She wasn't sure, but the voice calling out to her seemed to be eerily real. Is this another one to add to her unlucky streak? That when she turns, it would be nothing but a daydream?


"Eunjung! Don't leave me! Please!"


Slowly, Eunjung turned to where the voice seemed to come from to see... a bride?
 



"I..."


She looked on to see the expectant gazes of the wedding audience who were waiting for her response, and suddenly she felt the need to take a deep breath.


This is it.


She has decided.


"I'm sorry."


Jiyeon apologized, much to the shock of everyone in the church, including her friends. But all of them did not matter at the moment. All that mattered was for her to see Eunjung again.


Hurriedly, she ran out of the church and into the busy street, making her way to the airport. She had no money on her, and so the only way was to run there, putting all her hopes on the small sliver of chance that she would still manage to see Eunjung.


Suddenly a car stops right in front of her, and the backseat opens, revealing her friend Qri who ushered her to get in the car. Once they were settled, the car sped off as if it knows where Jiyeon wants to go, which was exactly the case, as Qri knew Jiyeon was headed to see Eunjung.


"I can't believe you waited up until the wedding for this," Qri said slight irritation visible on her usually calm exterior.


"I know unnie. And I'm sorry," Jiyeon responded.


"But still, I can't believe you pulled it off like that. I just hope we get there on time."

 


Once they got to the airport, Jiyeon immediately got off the car and made her way to the waiting area, ignoring the onlookers who were suprised to see a runaway bride at the airport. Even the guards were too stunned that they were not able to stop Jiyeon when she went past the check-in area.


"Eunjung!"


Jiyeon screamed at the top of her lungs as she ran towards the waiting area.


"Good afternoon passengers. This is the regular boarding call for flight 885 to Tokyo at Gate 21. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Thank you."


After the airline announcement, Jiyeon looked around and saw a girl with familiar jet black hair heading towards the boarding area.


THERE SHE IS!


"Eunjung!" Sadly, Eunjung seemed not to hear as she continued walking, even smiling slightly.


Please let me get to her on time!


"Eunjung!" At her second call, the girl with jet black hair stopped.


"Eunjung! Don't leave me! Please!" The girl turned, and time seemed to slow down.

 



"Eunjung! Don't leave me! Please!"


Is that actually Jiyeon? In her gown? Running to me? No, no. This can't be real.


"This can't be real," Eunjung voiced her thoughts as she shook her head and turned to leave.


Suddenly, Eunjung felt a force pulling her and to her shock, a pair of soft lips landed on hers.


Apparently, even the onlookers shared the same feeling as they too gasped in shock at the kiss.


"I'm really here, Eunjung. I'm real," Jiyeon said as she pulled away from Eunjung.


Eunjung bit her lip, unsure of what to say.


"So... today was my wedding...," Jiyeon started.


At the opening of the said topic, Eunjung winced. She didn't know how to feel at the moment.


What is she getting at? Why did she have to kiss me, when she already has a husband?


"I know," Eunjung responded. "That's why I planned to -"


"But I realized that Gun wasn't the one I want to be with in front of the altar," Jiyeon said, cutting Eunjung off.


"It's you, Eunjung. It's always been you. I was so stupid to let you go before, and now I promise never to let you go again."


At that moment, Eunjung couldn't find the right response, and so Jiyeon continued.


"If you could just give me another chance to prove myself, I'll make sure that you won't regret it. But the question is, would you?"


Silence drowned the entire waiting area as everyone anticipated Eunjung's answer. But instead of giving a worded response, Eunjung just pulled Jiyeon into a tight hug, and the answer was already made clear.


"Don't leave me," Jiyeon said.


"I won't," Eunjung responded, smiling as she now has the girl of her dreams back.


Maybe the universe wasn't really against her after all, but was simply setting her up for something great.

 

Onlookers cheered in delight, drowning out the final boarding call for a certain Hahm Eunjung.

 


A/N: Hey yo! So here's another one-shot for you guys. I just wanted to see if I could actually write something with a happy ending, though I'm not sure how this came out to be hahahahahahaha. So how was it? Please don't forget to leave comments below! I'd really appreciate it! :D

I'm still looking for inspiration for the Angel of Death (Multi-chapter), and I've still got a presentation either this week or next so I guess the update for that might not come in a while, but hey, I made these one-shots to make up for it! I'm in a one-shot streak right now! Hahahahahaha

Thanks for reading! :D