Deranged Marriage C1

Deranged Marriage

Song Yi Jeong was feeling nervous. His white button-up, long-sleeved shirt was slightly creased and his tie askew, due to the numerous times he had loosened and unloosened it. There was a nagging voice in his head throwing vague sounds that were only successful at leaving him disoriented.

He had his arms sprawled out around the top of the backrest, his stomach churning in uneasiness. It seemed like a premonition of some sort, and the feeling was gradually tugging harder and harder on his gut. Woo Bin stared at Yi Jeong curiously as he marched towards the pool table after grabbing a beer in the fridge. The great casanova was sporting a look of utter confusion and apprehension which was far from his usual air of arrogance and cockiness.

"Yah! Yi Jeong, what's wrong? You look constipated." He asked, leaning on the pool table while taking a swig of his beer, smiling cheekily. Yi Jeong broke away from his trance and faced his friend with a charming yet irritated smile of his own after rolling his eyes. "I'm fine—" He responded and hesitated before finally continuing. "—I just had a feeling that something unpleasant is going to happen."

Ji Hoo closed the book that he was reading with a loud thud, as he languidly raised his gaze towards his discoursing friends. He looked pointedly at Yi Jeong. "When one usually feels that way, one would find himself unfortunately right. So in this case, I suggest you prepare yourself for whatever horrors that you would face in the future." He stated, his face appearing to be impassive.

Woo Bin chuckled while gesturing towards Ji Hoo with his beer-clutched hand. "Aigoo, look at our Ji Hoo. He's really great at consoling people huh?" Ji Hoo's lips twitched, as he picked up his book back in retaliation, proceeding to ignore his one highly amused and one highly bemused friend.

The humour was lost on Yi Jeong who ignored them both in favour of easing his twitching nerves and trying to understand the sudden sense of foreboding. He bit his lip in contemplation. Whatever was going to happen next, there was only one thing that he was sure of.

He wasn't going to like it.

"Here. Drink this." Without a warning of some sort, Woo Bin threw a can of beer towards Yi Jeong's direction. "Hope it helps you on your whatever. And uhh, God Bless You?"

Not a moment too long after, Jan Di came barging in the F4 man cave with an immensely delighted Gu Jun Pyo in tow. Woo Bin blinked owlishly at the pair, who were once, not engaged in some sort of heated debate and violence. "Woah, what happened to you two?" He asked, interested.

Jan Di shoved Jun Pyo away as she plopped down the seat beside Ji Hoo. "Something's wrong with his brain. It seemed like it malfunctioned." She answered, picking up an orange on the exorbitant coffee table.

Jun Pyo scowled.

"Yah! I'll have you know that I'm perfectly sane." He sneered, adjusting his collar before his annoyed expression morphed into one of being thrilled once again. Woo Bin looked disturbed at the sudden change of Jun Pyo's demeanour. Usually, he would be used to it since Jan Di's arrival in the bastard's life, but there was something in Jun Pyo's happiness that just doesn't scream usual.

Ji Hoo merely raised an eyebrow but commented no further, opting to listen soundlessly knowing that the reason for Jun Pyo's eccentric behaviour would soon be mentioned. Yi Jeong's forehead was creased, but he chose to bury his worries in favour of the commotion. "I can't believe I'm saying this but, did you get laid?" Yi Jeong inquired, looking amused.

Jun Pyo sputtered ungracefully, as Jan Di choked on her juicy orange. Ji Hoo had to pat her hard on the back to save her life. The ice-cold bastard exhaled in vexation, before answering. "I'll have you know that my purity is still intact." Jan Di sneered while throwing her saliva-covered orange at him. "Who cares about your chastity? Who wants to do that with a monkey like you, anyway." She yelled in exasperation, while continuously throwing the pieces of oranges at Jun Pyo that she managed to choke out.

"That's disgusting you peasant, quit it." Jun Pyo stated as he dodged the slobber-covered oranges. "And for your information, thousands of girls would gladly touch this body." He said while gesturing to himself. Jan Di scrunched her nose in revulsion. "You're the one who's disgusting."

"Anyway—" Woo Bin interrupted before it escalated into an intense argument, involving broken vases and noses. "—If you didn't get laid, then what the hell happened?" 

His question attracted the attention of the other occupants of the room as they stare at Jun Pyo who fell on the seat beside Yi Jeong, his smile now back. He looked at the others deliberately before his gaze dropped to Yi Jeong once more. He patted his friend on the shoulder before turning on the muted television that was animatedly playing some sort of horror film.

"Chu Ga Eul." Jun Pyo started, attracting the attention of his friends, excluding Jan Di who looked puzzled. Yi Jeong's ears rang. "My little sister is an adult now. And as such, she had been contacted by mother earlier due to some sort of something."

"—And?" Woo Bin asked impatiently, ignoring Jun Pyo's witless phrasing before motioning for him to continue.

"She'll be returning to Korea this week." Woo Bin had found this extremely humorous, as he tried to muffle his chuckles while throwing glances at a certain philanderer.

"That's great." Ji Hoo remarked, looking quite happy with the particular piece of information. "However, I'd been under the impression that she stayed in England on her own accord without no intentions of coming back. And that she had angered your mother so much, the Witch had her trapped in an arranged marriage."

Jun Pyo's expression turned grim. "Yeah, that was the case."

"So by that does this mean.." Ji Hoo started, already deducing the cause but was waiting for Jun Pyo's affirmation.

Jun Pyo's eyes flashed with something akin to fury. "Her engagement is going to be announced to the public in a week, and her wedding will be taking place in a month. The cause of her sudden arrival would be because she would be marrying a son of a Korean chaebol.

"Ah, and I thought she would be marrying Prince Harry, considering how cozy they were last year." Woo Bin quipped, earning a glare from Jun Pyo and a pointed stare from Ji Hoo.

Yi Jeong's stomach stirred, and the feeling of trepidation returned slamming in his gut ten-fold. He grabbed the untouched beer on the table and drank like his life depended on it. Silently, he waited for Jun Pyo's next words.

"Who?" Woo Bin asked.

Jun Pyo shifted his gaze towards Yi Jeong who was gulping his alcohol. His eyes were stormy by the intensity of his emotions and a tinct of protectiveness was displayed in his midnight eyes.

"So Yi Jeong."

Yi Jeong spluttered.

The clarity of Woo Bin's laugh wasn't lost to the remaining people of the room. Jun Pyo had left a while ago, dragging a baffled Yi Jeong behind, who was soaked with his own drink, muttering something along the lines of man talk.

"So that's what the foreboding was all about." He said, before resuming his chuckling. Ji Hoo smiled, flipping a page of his book. "It appears so."

Jan Di's eyebrows were drawn together in bewilderment. The other members of the F4 had been making comments about the topic since Jun Pyo's abrupt departure earlier. On the other hand, she had no idea who Cho Ga Eul was, nor was she informed that her suitor had a little sister.

"Jun Pyo had a little sister?" She asked.

Woo Bin looked surprised before smiling. "Yeah. She took her grandmother's last name though. Come to think of it, she is slightly similar to you. Ga Eul's really innocent and sweet but can also be a little spunky. Maybe that's why Jun Pyo took an interest in you, I remember him having a sister complex before."

That actually got a laugh from Ji Hoo who finally decided to abandon his book, when in fact, he had stopped internalising the words moments ago. "Uhuh. And how Yi Jeong constantly suffers from it."

Jan Di was surprised to find that the cold-hearted Gu Jun Pyo actually held a heart for his adorable little sister. And Jan Di found this gesture amazingly sweet. Her confusion rains back again on her as she remembered how the F4 laughed at Yi Jeong previously.

"I noticed how Yi Jeong seemed to be uncomfortable earlier, and how Jun Pyo pulled him outside by the collar. What's with that?"

Woo Bin walked towards the couch and situated himself comfortably before responding. "Ga Eul and Yi Jeong were childhood sweethearts if you must."

Jan Di's eyes turned wider. "Eh? That playboy?"

Ji Hoo narrowed his eyes at Woo Bin who cackled with merriment, again.

"They weren't childhood sweethearts in the literal sense. Of course, you already know that we weren't allowed to play with just anyone when we were kids. Ga Eul and Yi Jeong were, in fact, closer among our little band of rich heirs and heiresses, excluding Jun Pyo, however, their friendship wasn't normal and was filled with violence. We chalked it off as which had caused Jun Pyo's overprotectiveness to spike up. Yi Jeong took the brunt of it all." Their relationship was like yours. Ga Eul was Yi Jeong's

Ji Hoo got a far away look in his eyes before resuming. "Their relationship was like yours, actually. Ga Eul was Yi Jeong's bane as much as you were Jun Pyo's. I'm sure you'll get along well."

Jan Di found herself smiling. "Now, I'm really excited to meet her! And then we'll practice our kicks together." She announced. Woo Bin looked uneasy at Jan Di's statement. He laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. "Yea, uhh, s-sure."

"Ga Eul's punches and kicks are relatively weak compared to yours, Jan Di. But give her a golf club, or something similar and she'll do wonders."

"Yah! Ji Hoo, don't tell her such things. Women are scary when they work together."

"Or a pot. Ga Eul loved breaking pots on someone, especially Yi Jeong's."

"Ji Hoo!"

Ga Eul clutched the teacup firmly as she consumed the drink gracefully. The scent and flavour of chamomile assaulted her senses, ultimately mollifying her nervousness. She wondered if it was wise to go back to Korea. She did leave the country for a reason. 

However, Ga Eul knew that there was no backing out. Her mother was a very persistent woman, and she'll stop at nothing to get what she want. Her word was law and irrevocable. And she was extremely scary, even she knew that her dear brother was terrified of her. Who in their right mind wouldn't be?

A blonde woman with bright grey eyes pushed a cart filled with goods, making her towards Ga Eul. She was wearing a short pencil skirt, flaunting her toned and shaped legs. There was a colourful bandana stuck to her chest, a uniform of some sort. The flight attendant had kindly informed her that they would be arriving in Korea in less than 30 minutes.

Ga Eul placed her emptied cup shakily on the table. The stewardess looked concerned as the young heiress turned a shade paler. So she offered another cup of chamomile tea and a batch of cookies in an attempt to soothe the distraught girl.

Ga Eul wiped with a clean napkin, before nodding and taking the cup.

She sighed.

At least she would get to see her brother.