Introduction P1

One Step Closer

“Kookie I’m home!” A young adult with fluffy lavender hair stepped through the doorway of an apartment, a wide boxy smile on his face. He was dressed in a standard college uniform, although his red tie was a bit looser than intended.

 

Upon hearing his name, Jungkook grinned and moved from the living room to the entrance, placing a quick peck on the younger’s lips. “It’s good to see you babe, but why are you home so late? Usually you’re here before me.” A slight frown pulled on either side of his mouth with concern.

 

Giggling lightly, the younger placed a finger over Jungkook’s mouth, “It’s a secret, don’t worry about it, it’s not really a big deal.” They had established enough trust in their relationship so that neither felt suspicion of cheating. The couple loved each other deeply, death could not do them apart.

 

Throwing his school bag towards a random corner of the room, Taehyung plopped himself down on the couch with a content but unusual sigh. There was agitation etched on his face, muscles and hands jittery. The color in his face was drained to an unnatural color of chalky white.

 

Something in Jungkook’s chest tightened as he sat beside his boyfriend, eyebrows knitted together, “You don’t look so good, Tae are you sure you aren’t sick?” There was something off about the younger’s expression, he almost looked nervous.

 

Shaking his head quickly, Taehyung tried to relax himself, replying with a laugh, “Aww is my little Kookie worried, I’m touched~ But I’m not sick, just a bit sleepy I guess. Carry me to our bed?” He cutely cocked his head to the side, pouting at Jungkook which made the elder’s heart melt.

 

Collecting Taehyung into his arms, Jungkook carried the other in bridal style, going towards their shared room. “Alright you big baby, get some sleep okay? And if you’re better in the morning we’re going to the doctor.” He dropped the younger gently onto the bed, determination shining in his obsidian eyes.

 

“But I told you I’m not sick!” Taehyung kicked his feet childishly as he whined, crossing his arms stubbornly over his chest. In fact he felt perfectly fine, it wasn’t something else that had him on edge. It was something he had done not too long ago.

 

“Yes but that doesn’t stop me from being concerned, so whether you like it or not it’s going to happen.” There was a bit of curtness in his tone, making the other flinch. Jungkook had a bad habit of being demanding, he liked things going his way.

 

Quirking an eyebrow, Taehyung teased with a sly smirk, “Alright, slow down there officer, you’re off duty now remember?” Jungkook’s face turned a light shade of pink as the younger poked fun at him. He didn’t purposely try to sound strict, it was just his way of showing unease.

 

“Oh shut it, I’m not that strict.” He ran a hand through Taehyung’s silken hair, pulling on the lavender roots to conjure a groan from the younger. It pleased him to see the male shot a glare at him, swatting his hand away.

 

Taehyung hummed and snuggled against Jungkook’s side tenderly, breathing in the sweet scent of the other. The smell of coffee and air refresher, most likely from the police station he worked at. “I know Kookie, I’m just teasing you. You’re so cute when you’re upset, but do refrain from pulling on my beautiful hair.”

 

Wrapping an arm protectively around his boyfriend’s slim waist, Jungkook looked down at him with loving eyes, “Oh be quiet, you’re the cute one here. Now get ready for bed and then go to sleep, you look half dead.” Taehyung shoved the other playfully, forcing his body off of the comfortable bed and towards the bathroom so he could brush his teeth and slip into night clothes.

 

When Taehyung reappeared in the bedroom, he was wearing black sweatpants that were loose around his hips with no shirt on. There was a wide smirk on his face as he practically strutted towards Jungkook in night attire, the older rendered speechless. “Do I look so dead to you now?”

 

“Yes now lay your down before I do something I’ll regret.” There was low growl in Jungkook’s voice as he took in the sight of the younger, he looked so perfect. Even the small freckles that decorated his skin was adorable. “Tae you’re beautiful.”

 

He received a smack on the arm in response, Taehyung scolding but blushing, “Yah! No grown man likes to be called beautiful, perhaps hot, but not beautiful.” Getting beneath the covers, he pouted out his bottom lip and flashed Jungkook an upset look.

 

Rolling his eyes, Jungkook flicked the other’s plush lip that was sticking out, “Well you’re still pretty in my eyes, now sleep Tae you’ve got school tomorrow and I’ve got training.” The elder rested an arm lazily over Taehyung, press his head in between the younger’s broad shoulders.

 

Feeling Jungkook’s black hair tickle the skin on his back, Taehyung shivered slightly before letting out a loud yawn, “Alright~ Goodnight my little Kookie.” He wanted to give the elder a kiss but their position did not permit him to do so. Shrugging, he allowed his eyelids to flutter shut, breathing turning heaving.


The next morning Jungkook was woken up by the sound of people yelling and the smell of something burning. Wrinkling up his nose at the foul scent, he groggily propped himself up on the bed. His mind was blurred with sleep so he couldn’t think properly, not even caring about the situation going on in the kitchen.

 

Eventually he was able to heave himself out of bed and towards the commotion, dazed eyes narrowed, “Now what the actual is going on at 8:00 in the morning.” Two boys froze like deers in headlights, stopping their movement and turning towards the elder.

 

“ Ha ha, good morning Kookie, you see I was just trying to make breakfast and Jiminie decided to pop by and well we kinda sorta setthestoveonfire.” Taehyung nervously shifted, motioning to the stove that was giving off a bit of smoke but nothing major. Jimin on the other hand hung his head in shame.

 

Taking a deep breath, Jungkook rubbed his forehead, “Leave it to my boyfriend and colleague to set the kitchen on fire.” He mumbled a few words about the pair being bad before brightening up a bit, “No matter, we’ll just go out for breakfast after getting rid of this mess.”

 

After cleaning up the kitchen, they all got on warm clothing due to the winter air outside, looking snug and comfortable. As they exited the apartment, Jungkook questioned Jimin, “So what were you doing here so early?”

 

“Well TaeTae said he needed help because I quote: “The house is ing burning down and Jungkook’s going to kill me.” something like that.” Taehyung lightly hit the other’s arm, protesting with a whine. Jimin simply flashed him a knowing look with a playful but kind smile.

 

“In my defense, I’ve never been good at cooking. But I just really wanted to make something for Kookie…” His voice trailed off at the end, tugging on the material of his scarf. Taehyung knew he wasn’t the best at cooking, okay he was actually horrible at it, but he wanted to do something special for Jungkook. His boyfriend always did so much for him.

 

Gaze turning soft, Jungkook intertwined his fingers with Taehyung, giving the boy’s hand a light squeeze, “You should’ve woken me up, I couldn’t helped you Tae.”

 

Huffing, Taehyung shook his head at once and exclaimed, “I wanted to make something on my own, you’re so special to me and I wanted you to know that. You don’t always have to be the one doing the hard work, I want to treat you. Kookie, you deserve the world.” Despite sounding desperate, his words were truthful and full of affection for the elder.

 

“Oh Tae, you do so much too, you’re always by my side. I trust no one more in the world, I-I want to stay with you forever, I never want to let you go.” Jungkook tightened his grip on Taehyung’s hand, pressing their now sweaty palms against each others. Neither really minded with dampness.

 

Suddenly Jimin made a gagging noise, standing out in the hallway while watching their little scene, “If you two love birds don’t mind, I’d like to get some food. Unless you would rather starve?” Just like that Taehyung took off, dragging Jungkook helplessly behind him. Food always had held a special place in his heart.

 

They decided to eat at the all too familiar restaurant owned by their friends Namjoon and Seokjin who had gotten married last year. Their relationship reminded Jungkook of how he wanted to be with Taehyung; connected by the promise of everlasting marriage.

 

When they entered the diner, they were greeted by the calm voice of Seokjin and a loud shout in the background. Hoseok appeared from the back of the shop with a vibrant expression; he had recently gotten a job at the restaurant but had always been the group’s friend. “If it isn’t my favorite maknaes! Say, isn’t this the fifth time you’ve been here this week?”

 

“Is it really? Damn, we really need to widen our taste.” Jimin chuckled before following Hoseok to their normal seat, sitting across from the couple. They looked just about ready to ravish each other right then and there, no way in hell was he going to witness a make out session. “We’ll take the usual hyung, by the way how’s it coming along with that cute guy at the dance group?”

 

The younger wiggled his eyebrows at Hoseok, causing the elder to chuckle, “It’s going great, but I don’t want to pursue him yet, I’d hate to ruin our friendship. BamBam is so innocent, he deserves to keep that foreign thing which I have lost.” He then left the group of three and went to deliver their order.

 

Jungkook turned towards Taehyung, eyes apologetic and filled with guilt, “Tae, tonight I have to take the graveyard shift at the station, I’m really sorry I couldn’t get out of it. If anything happens, just call me okay?” It’s already bad enough that yesterday they didn’t get to spend much time together, but to have to take the night shift was horrible.

 

Of course Taehyung understood, putting on a goofy grin he replied, “Don’t worry Kookie, we have all day to be together. You’re little police work can’t separate us, I’d be arrested by surrendering to giving you up to work.”

 

Yes, and that means that Jungkook has all day to do something very important. But he couldn’t wait much longer, this needed to be done now.

 

Once their order showed up, Taehyung dove into the breakfast sandwich, devouring it within a matter of minutes. He had been up since 5:00 so now that it was 10:00, he was starving. Reaching over for his caramel macchiato, he suddenly felt Jungkook’s eyes dull in to the side of his head. Smiling crookedly, he questioned, “What’s the matter Kookie, got something to say? A cat got your tongue?”

 

Suddenly Jungkook scrambled out his seat and kneeled on one knee, searching through his pockets to find a small velvety black box. His hands were a bit shaky as he opened it, presenting a golden ring with the words: “You make me begin” carved into it. Despite all his nerves, a bright smile still spread on his lips. “Kim Taehyung, where do I even start. I never knew that I’d fallen so deep, from the day I saw your square smile I knew your were my end and beginning. You’re the one thing I want to protect, I want you to be happy above anything else. But if you’ll let me be selfish just this once, I want to ask you to be mine. Taehyung, Tae, Taetae… W-Will you do the great honor of marrying me?”

 

For a moment Taehyung thought he was going to choke on the caramel macchiato, he needed a reality check. Was this real? Was the perfect and loving Jeon Jungkook proposing to him. No way, it couldn’t be real. But it was.

 

Tears pricked at the corner of Taehyung’s eyes as he listened to Jungkook’s speech; the way his eyes glittered with overwhelming love and the devotion lacing his words, it was dream like. Covering his mouth out of shock, he at once nodded his feeling, “Yes, a thousand times yes. Jeon Jungkook I’ve wanted this for so long, I love you more than anything. I want to spend everyday with you, of course I’ll be your husband you goof ball!” Hot tears streamed down his face out of pure joy.

 

Catching Taehyung’s quivering lips in a passionate but gentle kiss, the elder wrapped an arm around his waist snugly pulling his body closer. The two fit perfectly, like a key and a lock, they were made for each other. Jungkook kissed the sobbing boy’s cheeks with care, wiping away the tears tenderly. “Thank you… I want nobody but you, never leave my side.”

 

It sounded like an order but Taehyung knew Jungkook meant well, “Alright Kookie, I’ll never leave you, now stop tearing up.” “But you’re the one crying Tae!” “Shut up brat!”

 

Jimin felt proud for his friends, in fact he had to hold back his own tears from escaping. The two of them were the most incredible couple, not even arguments could split them apart. They fought every now and then, but that was natural and healthy for a relationship. “Damnit you guys, I told you not to get married before I got a boyfriend.”

 

Smirking at the police, Taehyung made kissy faces at Jungkook saying, “It’s okay, you’ll meet your man one day, now excuse us I believe we were kissing.” Jimin growled under his breath, watching the two overly act with now heated kisses.

 

“But have you told Jungkook that you’ve enrolled.”

 

The air around them froze, Taehyung stiffened and Jungkook narrowed his eyes with protectiveness. Recently the military had been having issues with border bandits that would cross the border and shot any person in sight. The news was quick shocking in fact.

 

Swallowing a lump in his throat, Jungkook barely murmured out, “You enrolled into the military at this time, why?” There was no anger in his voice, only concern and obvious fear for his now fiance.

 

Lavender bangs covered his eyes as Taehyung replied in a weak voice, “I wanted to get my service time out of the way. I hadn’t heard about the news until last night, I kinda had a break down. That’s why I was home so late.” He bit down on his bottom pink lip, piercing the skin with worry.

 

“T-Tae please don’t go, can’t you get out of this. Wait for another time?” Jungkook choked down panicked tears, he just ing proposed and found out Taehyung was going into the military. He didn’t want to let the younger go.

 

“I can’t… I enrolled so long ago there’s no way out of this.” Taehyung hated the dreadful situation, in a matter of minutes it had gone from joyful to depressing. He was beginning to regret his decision of signing up for the military.

 

“When do you leave?”

 

“...”

 

“Well?”

 

“Tonight.”  


Ummmmmm so this is some depressing . And this is just the introduction, so bare with me. Please leave some reviews and yayyyy much love <3