Clumsy

Clumsy

I have never believed that someone could be so clumsy.

That is, until I met Kim Namjoon.

 

I have never met anyone who gets into as many accidents as Namjoon; it just isn't possible to be that clumsy! He's forever walking into things, how the coffee table is still standing is a mystery, and how Yoongi hasn’t outright murdered him I will never know. I've honestly lost count of how many times the boys have had to buy new dishes!

There must be a reason behind it, and I think I know what it is. I have a theory and I'm going to put it to the test.

 

I quietly went into the dorm and hid behind the kitchen door. Being their manager comes with a lot of perks. I know that he has washing duty tonight, so I know that he's going to be in the kitchen… hopefully the dishes survive. Namjoon was finishing up the dishes when I got there, the perfect time for me to test my theory.

 

I watched quietly as he picked up a pile of clean plates and bowls and took them to the cupboard, putting them away without bumping into anything or dropping anything. Exactly what I was expecting. I managed to sneak into the kitchen without being seen and heard Jungkook asking Namjoon for some more juice.

Perfect.

Namjoon went out to collect the younger boy’s glass, he truly is spoiled as the maknae. He came back into the kitchen and froze just inside the door as he saw me. "Jungkook being bossy again?" I asked with a smile and was answered by Jungkook yelling, "I am not!" from the living room. Namjoon just smiled at me before trying to put the glass onto the counter, misjudging the height and spilling the remainder of the glasses contents.

 

I saw him start to panic at his blunder, scarlet tainting his cheeks in embarrassment. I smiled as I reached past him with a cloth to mop up the mess. "Thanks, nuna." He said as he turned red and moved towards the fridge.

It's just as I thought, he's only really super clumsy when I'm around.

"Namjoon?"

"Yes?" I smiled as I dropped the wet cloth into the sink, "I was wondering why you are so clumsy around me?" his blush darkened, "I'm always a little clumsy, nuna." He said as he held onto the bottle of juice for dear life. "But you always seem clumsier when I'm around, do I make you nervous?"

 

"N-no, of course not." I smiled as his hands shook as he poured Jungkook's drink. I waited until he put the bottle down to avoid more spills before sliding up behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist. "I like you being clumsy, it’s cute." I said as I rested my head on his broad shoulder. I felt his big hands raise and rest over mine. "Namjoon, I like you." I whispered, suddenly feeling just as nervous as he was.

 

My eyes widened as he loosened my grip around his waist and gently pushed me back a couple of steps. Have I completely misread everything? Have I just made the biggest mistake of my life? I quickly pulled my hands back and hid them behind my back. My gaze dropped to the tiled floor, "I'm sorry." I whispered before turning to leave the kitchen.

 

How could I have misread everything? How did I manage to get it all wrong? "Nuna!" I was stopped by Namjoon pulling on my wrist, "I wasn't trying to push you away!" he said almost desperately. I raised my head and locked eyes with him, "Then why…" he smiled at me, "I wanted to see your face when I say... I-I like you too." His blush intensified and I felt my face grow warm as well.

 

"I like you too." I whispered. Just as we started to move forward about to have our first kiss, a voice from the kitchen door interrupted us. "Finally! It's about time, but really, nuna. Why would you confess in the kitchen? Not a romantic bone in your entire body." I glared at Jungkook as he took his glass from the counter with a smile and left the kitchen leaving Namjoon and I alone again.

 

"I really hate him." I muttered as Namjoon chuckled. “Where were we?” he asked as his hand reached up to cup my cheek. “I think I need a reminder.” I said with a smile as he captured my lips with his.