Hunter In The Night

Sing Me To Sleep

__PAT__

 

Pat moved from one vault to another. She was fascinated with the contents of the various glass cubicles. Her invisible body radiations could not be detected by the forcefields. They could see her in the CCTV footage alright but only if they were working which was not the case as she had already destroyed the security network.

 

She searched for the orb and finally spotted a large cubicle with a small box on a table in the middle of the room. Pat took out her necklace, the last gift from her parents and gently pressed the small hidden knob between the carvings. The locket parted in the middle revealing a coin , as thin as a leaf- a coin that had the power to unlock any lock as long as the intentions of its owner were true and honest. Pat knew that she was only trying to get back what was hers. The orb belonged to the "Ivanov" family and it was taken from her ancestors forcibly a hundred years back. Before her mother was captured, she had told Patrica that she was the orb's keeper and that it would help her when she needed it. 

 

Keeping her mother's words in her mind, she had ventured out in these dangerous times to find the orb in order to save herself.

 

Pat pushed the coin through the lock and waited. The door opened  with a soft click and she picked up the coin from the other side.

 

As she stepped forward, she heard hurried footsteps coming towards the vault, someone had found her. Pat dashed towards the box and hastily put it inside her backpack. As she turned to flee, someone grabbed her wrist and dragged her down towards the floor. Pat used her hands to break the fall which made her wince in pain. Looking back, she saw eight muscular warlocks surrounding her. Pat was trained enough to identify the various creatures of the mystical world.

 

"Trying to steal, human?"- one of them asked in a mocking voice.

 

Pat stood up and reached for her whip. She grimaced as her hand touched an empty belt.

 

"looking for this?"- another warlock said, dangling Pat's whip carelessly.

 

Pat saw the punch coming and dodged it easily. She didn't waste any time in taking out her shortblade. She slashed about, targeting their weak spots. The others attacked  her from all sides, making it hard for her to fight back.

 

She was skilled with her blade but she was only a human. The warlocks were way too stronger. If it hadn't been for the ban on magic, she would have already been dead by now.

 

She whirled around, her blade flashing. Pat took a false step and one of the warlocks made a sharp cut on her left leg. She lost her footing and fell on the floor, and pain shot through her whole body.

 

"Clumsy girl"- they mocked her and started laughing. She thrashed about as one of them pinned her down. Pat was already bleeding a lot, as their claws had taken chunks of her flesh from her arms and legs.

 

"Look at her, fellas."- one of them said.

 

"She will be nice and soft for a good, hard f**k. She's still whole."

 

"Is the fear creeping in now, girl?"- the leader spoke, his hand snaking its way down her neck. Pat tried to his hand but got a hard slap in return.

 

Her hand throbbed as the warlock held on to her wrist tightly, his claws digging into her delicate flesh.

 

As the last traces of consciousness began to leave her, the room suddenly filled with the sound of angry growls as four huge wolves with dazzling  green eyes attacked the  warlocks.

 

__Chanyeol__

 

It had only been a few seconds in the lift when they heard noises underground. their smelling reflexes detected warlocks- sly, cunning and merciless when it came to fighting. No one ever took mercy on  them if they got  a chance. Warlocks had always been the darkest part of the Darktheists.

 

The doors of the lift opened and Chanyeol and his brothers rushed out. Their nails and teeth sharpening already. They darted through the empty corridors, following the sounds.

 

As they neared the scene of chaos, Chanyeol felt a harder pull than his brothers. He couldn't understand why....was it because he expected a fight which triggered his bloodlust or was it something else, entirely different. It felt as if time had stopped and he was only a mere observer, looking at things in a different light.

 

He could hear the fast beats of his own heart- loud and distracting.

 

Chanyeol shook his head and finally managed to break away from his trance. 

 

He attacked the first warlock with Baekhyun and Xiumin fighting beside him.

 

Chanyeol tore open the warlock's neck with his sharp claws and proceeded to the next warlock. It was like a game to him and he had always been proud for never letting the game get  to him. He played with a calm mind and always moved swiftly, not letting his enemy guess his next step.

 

Warlocks could use magic. In their struggle to fight, they forgot all about the ban and blue and white sparks flew out from their hands as they tried to defend themselves against the werewolves. Chanyeol fought as flames blazed out from his own hands and the warlock's body infront of him lit up in fire.

 

"Six down. Two more guys."- Xiumin shouted as he separated a warlock's head from its body. Baekhyun and Chanyeol finished the other two quite easily.

 

"Well, that wasn't so hard."- Baekhyun said, looking at the dead warlocks.

 

"And no high-fiving. You are practically drenched in blood, Baek."- Xiumin stopped Baekhyun who was coming towards him with a big grin. Baekhyun pouted and turned away.

 

Chanyeol's mind wasn't registering any of his brother's excited blabber. He inspected the young girl lying in a pool of blood. He couldn't find out the reason as to why his heart was panicking suddenly. He had seen enough dead bodies to  actually get scared for one.

 

His hands automatically went to feel her pulse. It was there, beating, slow and steady. Chanyeol let out the breath he had been holding for so long as  relief washed over him.

 

"She is badly injured guys, we will have to take her to Lay."- Xiumin said as he began to lift the girl from the ground.

 

"No!" - Chanyeol said, his voice rising a pitch higher.

 

"I mean, I will carry her hyung. You are injured."- He stuttered out and took the unconscious girl from Xiumin's arms and walked away, oblivious to the stares given to him by his brothers.

 

..............................................................................................---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------...........................................................................................

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE-

 

some details related to chapter, so do read this:

 

Patricia's full name is Patricia Ivanov and she is of a Russian lineage.

 

EXO will have their superpowers...for e.g. Chanyeol's power is fire, Baekhyun's powers is light, etc.