December 31, 11:59PM

December 31, 11:59PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHPW61WqDmA&feature=related

His voice is so sweet x3 Please play it!


 

December 30

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Ryeowook clutched his stomach from laughing so hard and pounded the desk with his small fist.

"It's not funny! I spent two hours trying to locate my socks…"

"You were wearing them the WHOLE time! HAHAHAHA!" His adorable, high pitched laughter rang through the classroom.

This was the perfect image of the word best friends. Chatting and laughing in a world of their own, without a care in the world.

The only problem?

It was of him and his new friend, Kim Yesung.

You sighed and looked at the happy scene a few tables in front of you. Yesung was talking again and Ryeowook was laughing so hard his face was red. You weren't sure about what, but you could make out the words ‘Ddangkoma, ignored and millionth time.’

"Wookie... What did I do to deserve this? Please... It's killing me that you practically ignore me for the past few weeks…”

- -

"Woah. You're looking worse than usual. If that's even possible." Kyuhyun sniggered as you walked in.

You sighed and threw your bag onto the floor. "Shut up Kyu. I am not in the mood." You hung your head low.

Kyuhyun stared at you curiously. Then without warning, he ran straight into your arms and gave you a big hug. His sudden display of affection rendered you shocked speechless.

"~~ noona, I know I am not the best little brother, but I think if it's about that Cookie or Wookie guy, you should go talk to him. Things aren't going to return to normal if you just avoid the problem. Be brave and face him head on!" He released you and pumped his fist in the air. "Fighting!" He exclaimed.

"W-woah... You... You called me noona! Hahaha!" You cheered and danced around. Kyuhyun glared at you and folded his arms.

"Doesn't pay to be nice these days." He mumbled and walked away.

"YOU ARE SO RIGHT! I LOVE YOU KYUHYUNNNNN AHHHHHHHH! YOU ARE THE BEST LITTLE BROTHER IN THE WORLD!" You hollered as he walked off with his ears covered by his hands. Typical Kyuhyun. But you had no time to pacify your baby brother now. You ran straight to your room and flipped your pillow over. Under it was a beautiful, vintage looking diary. You flipped to a bookmarked page and stared at the pink post-it that had its words checked off again and again and again. On it read,

 

Confess to Ryeowook

Tomorrow

21 Feb 2008   18 June 2008

25 March 2009   10 August 2009   7 October!!!

20 July 2010! ><

 

You studied the paper for a while before confidently writing in another date.

December 31 2011

You wrote it in bold black marker. “It’s now or never.” You nodded at the post-it and went to your bed for some sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a nerve wrecking day.

- -

December 31

"Ry-Ryeowook?" You tapped his shoulder. He glanced at you and told Yesung to excuse him for a while, the latter nodded his head and left.

"Yes?"

"Erm... Do you have some time later? Could we... Hang out?" You gulped, you had never been so nervous in your life.

"But hyung and I were going to get some turtle food for Ddangkoma."

"When you’re done? Call me?” You half pleaded.

 "O…ok. See you.” Then he walked off, rather too quickly.

You continued watching him until he disappeared from your view. 'It's ok. Be strong! He said he'll call!" You reassured yourself and went back to class, anticipating the end of school.

 

Hours later.

 

"You got a messegi nae maeumeul jeok ji~ Messegi~" You threw down the cup you had been rinsing and grabbed your phone off the table, not caring that your hands were wet.

“I’m at the park. Sorry for calling so late...” Then he hung up without awaiting your reply. You swallowed the tight ball of nervousness in your throat and quickly slipped on your shoes and threw on your coat and sped out into the cold December night.

 

11:11PM

“I’m over here.” He waved at you as you frantically looked around for him. You smiled and jogged over.

“Erm… Thanks for taking time out of your day to see me, especially on New Year’s Eve..."

“It’s ok. I don’t really have anyone in particular to celebrate with anyway. Yesung hyung is celebrating with his family and mine are overseas.” You felt your heart sink. His words felt like a tight slap on your face. So he only came because Yesung was unavailable…

“Be brave and face him head on!” Kyuhyuns’ advice echoed in your mind. ‘Deep breaths’ you repeated and you breathed in and out heavily to steady your nerves. This is it.

“Wookie I have to tell you somet-“

“Me too.” He said and ruffled his brown hair.

“W-wait. Give me some time to prepare.” You mumbled, not daring to look him in the eye. ‘Expect the worse, hope for the best. Expect the worse and hope for the best…’ You squeezed your eyes shut for a few seconds, before looking up to face him. “Go ahead.”

“I’m so tired of this.” He gave an exasperated sigh. You bit your lips hard and stared at the gravel floor.

“You are a great friend but-“

 “You find Yesung a better friend than me.” You finished for him. He stared at you in bewilderment.

“You’re tired of me and now you hate me and want me to go away.” You looked down more and tears started rolling down your face. ‘It’s over… It’s over… It’s ov-“

Your thoughts were interrupted by Ryeowook’s crushing hug. “M-m-mwo!?” You cried as you started to hug him back, you never wanted to let go of him.

“~~ ah… It’s true, Yesung is a good friend, but no one could EVER replace you ok? Remember that with your heart. The reason I avoided you was not because I hate you. It’s because…” He said in a shaky voice. You looked at him curiously, pleading him to finish his sentence.

“It’s because I love you too much. Not in the friend way. Not even in the sister way. In the lovers way. I’ve always wanted to tell you, but I was scared you would reject me… So I tried to distance myself with you, hoping I would get over you… I’m so sorry ~~, I would never hate you.” He said softly, his eyes were moist, as though he would cry any second.

Your frown turned into a smile when you heard his words. ‘Did he just... He did right?! Squeee!!!’ You hurriedly looked at your watch, 11:50PM, theres time left. You pulled away slowly and smiled at his confused face.

“Wookie oppa, I feel the same way about you.” You said slowly.

It took him about a minute to register you words, and then he grinned wider than you had ever seen in your life. “You mean me, you friend no love yes?!?” He babbled incoherently as he held your hand. You laughed and nodded your head.

“OH MY COOKIE BUTTER ICE CREAM POPS! YES!!!” He started dancing around crazily. Making you flush red with laughter embarrassment.

11:57PM

You were both sitting on the park bench, with your hands intertwined. Bliss was written all over your faces. You closed your eyes and felt the cool wind caress your face.

“~~ ah.”

“Yes Wookie oppa?”

“Can you grant me my next New Year wish?” He blushed. You giggled and nodded your head.

“Can I kiss you? Right now? For two minutes?” He looked at you innocently. Now it was your turn to blush.

“Wh-why so specific Wookie?”

He smiled sheepishly and moved his face this close to yours making you blush more.

11:59PM

Because, I want to have the best ending to this year and the best start to the new one.” He poked your cheek.

“Silly Wookie.”

“YOUR silly Wookie.” He grinned.

The two of you heard the explosion of fireworks. Either they were 1minute too early this year, or it was the mental fireworks you heard as the two of you shared your first kiss.


It's the start of a New Year again! Take chances, grab opportunities! Remember Kyuhyun's advice!

No problem will go away if you dont face it!(:

I wish everyone the best this New Year! Fighting to all of you!^^


While you're at it, you can also check out my christmas one-shot^^

Although Christmas is over. LOL. It features Shinee, check it out!:D

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/114554/shinee-s-secret-santa-christmas-contest-oneshot-onew-shinee-taemin