Define Emotions

Define Emotions
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a typical day for Hye Jung and Ji Hong at work as they worked together. For the past few months have been taxing but comforting that they have gotten together. The proposal at the park has been announced to the entire neurosurgery department and everyone was happy for them. Their wedding is set for a month and the couple was prepared with many things for the wedding. Hye Jung was daydreaming for a moment before her phone shrieked.

“Deh?” Hye Jung spoke in a professional manner as Kang Soo quickly spoke.

“We have a car accident with two people in the car. The female is doing fine with superficial injuries but the male is in critical condition with penetrating injury. Both are aged 18.” Hye Jung took note of the details as he continued, “The injury is suspected to be at Occipital lobe.”

“Arraso. I’ll be there.” With that, the phone call ended and Hye Jung hurried to the emergency room. Ji Hong was also on his way as he heard from Kang Soo the details. To see the sight wasn’t pretty at all as the man’s injury was more severe than anyone expected. Hye Jung took a bow towards him as they examined him. Kang Soo decided to let the couple check on him as he made a position to move if asked.

“Kang Soo, get a CT scan on him while we need to check on the female companion.” They saw the companion outside where her expression was cold and barking out orders to the person on the phone with rapid Italian. Ji Hong could see that her right side of her face was covered with a black cloth but somehow able to see her surroundings easily. She closed her eyes as she hung up her phone. Her lack of emotions was unnerving to Hye Jung that she put her hands behind her to hide her fidgeting.

“Situation?”

“He’ll need immediate surgery but he will need his guardian’s signature.”

“I’ll do it.” Her monotone voice doesn’t really say that she would be willing to do anything for him. The couple nodded to each other before Hye Jung continued.

“I will need you to come with me for the procedure.” She started to explain the process while Ji Hong looked at the two closely. They look like they were together when the accident happened, and she seemed to have no emotions towards the victim at all. Why did she want to help him at all?

She wrote down all her particulars along with the male’s as Hye Jung widened her eyes. Were they siblings? Twins? If one of them was emotionless, what would make of the other? The female passed the consent form and waited for the instructions to continue.

She closed her eye for a moment before she opened them and looked at him. It wasn’t that she won’t make any expressions or emotions; she just couldn’t do it for some reason. Seeing him wheeled away hurts her heart, but she can’t do anything except to see him wake up.

She decided to call one that could understand the situation that they are in.

-----------------------------

A few hours later, the male was in ICU while the female was soundly asleep by his side. They decided to get a VIP room since they didn’t want any news about them to be heard. Ji Hong happened to look at their history only to find it highly classified unless they decided to reveal the information themselves. But to see them as a pair of twins was quite shocking. True that there are similarities, but…….

He couldn’t really point out what was the problem. He was checking on the patient with Kyung Joon since Hye Jung is now off from work. She was sitting on the bedside where her laptop was right beside her but not near the patient enough to feel the heat. She dealt with a call in rapid French, surprising the professor further.

Ji Hong was going to ask questions when the door slammed open with another male around the female’s age, panting for breath.

“Rizelle Marian di Cristallo! What happened to him!?” He spoke in Japanese as she stopped her typing and removed the laptop from her.

“Them.” The room seemed to freeze as tension increased immensely, “Romario Darius protected me from them. I managed, but he has gotten himself into trouble.” The male gritted his teeth as he stepped forward and hugged her. She made no movement nor emotions but her eyes watered out of nowhere.

“Thank God that you are fine, Riz. We can’t lose anymore within our group.” She nodded as she looked at him.

“I know, Takano Keito. I know well.” It turns out that they could speak in different languages, showing that they had to travel to many places in many countries to survive.

“Rizelle-ssi and Takano-ssi, we need to talk about Romario-ssi’s condition.” Ji Hong informed as they made a move. Things took a turn worse when she took a few steps before collapsing.

“Riz!” He shouted as he supported her and left her with the doctors. Ji Hong had no choice but to call Hye Jung for the situation.

-----------------------------

Tension filled the room that it was choking to breathe. The one who got into critical condition managed to wake up, but it was the female that they were all concern. Far from the room, Ji Hong and Hye Jung gave a brief kiss to each other before they continued. They still have a few days to go before their wedding day and they were almost prepared for it.

But right now it was the patient’s records in front of them, either highly classified or showing the meningioma tumor on her frontal lobe pressing in along with another on her occipital lobe. The paralysis on her right arm was astounding that she couldn’t even move an inch. The eye that is uncovered turned out to be blind than the other. Ji Hong caught sight of it when she was using the laptop. With Grade 3 symptoms, he wasn’t so sure if this surgery could be done.

“Hong-saeng-nim, what are we going to do about this one?” Hye Jung inquired.

“We will have to ask the patient about this one. She could risk death on this one. Takano-ssi may have given his consent but we still have to hear from her.” Hye Jung nodded as she made a move to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter