Final

Behind the Scenes


You were startled awake by your phone ringing. When you pick up the person in the other end explains that you had been chosen to be on a new show. It was similar to Korea’s “We Got Married.” The only difference was the person you would be married to was from another country and you wouldn’t find one until you met. They explained that you had 3 days to pack and get to the city it was filming in. 

Those 3 days were a blur. But you were ready. Once you arrive at the airport a car takes you to the house. It’s a cute little cottage. You notice someone is already there. You gather up all your courage and walk in. You’re greeted by a Korean man a little taller than you. You smile and introduce yourself. He introduces himself as D.O but says you can call him Kyungsoo. You both read the house rules and tour the house. To both of your surprise, there is 1 bedroom. Kyungsoo finally speaks. “Well this is going to bed awkward.”

[[MORE]Over the next few weeks you guys get close. You explain to him that you’re a student and you’re looking into studying abroad. He tells you that he is a part of an international kpop group called EXO. The two of you go on cute dates and do silly things. You start to realize how much Kyungsoo is your type. A month in Kyungsoo has a guest. Which seems to annoy him more than anything. It’s one of his band mates. His name is Chanyeol. He’s tall, silly, and very talkative. He stays for a week and the two of you become the best of friends. Much to Kyungsoo’s delight. After Chanyeol leaves your next married mission is a romantic date. Kyungsoo makes you leave for a few hours. Once you return you see he’s made you a beautiful meal and the two of you sit together and eat. After dinner you both sit on the couch and talk. The conversation turns a bit personal and the once shy Kyungsoo doesn’t seem so shy anymore. He leans in to kiss you when the door bell rings. He curses his bad look at answers it. It’s an envelope for you. The next surprise guest: Jacob. Your boyfriend. 

The following few days are different. Kyungsoo is treating you more like a girlfriend and you’re scared to tell him who Jacob is because you’re not sure where things left off with him and you can feel yourself falling for Kyungsoo. You plan to tell him but Jacob comes sooner than expected. Just 3 days after the letter Jacob shows up. You answer and he hugs you. He then pecks your lips to Kyungsoo’s surprise. He introduces himself to Kyungsoo as your boyfriend. You can see the confusion cross Kyungsoo’s face and you two walk away. You give him a sad smile as the two of you leave. You and Jacob spend the day out. At the end of the date you tell him how you feel about Kyungsoo off camera. To which he replies that he actually came here to break up. He two of you go your separate ways and you go back to Kyungsoo.

You’re happy to be there because now you can confess without having a guilty conscious. What you weren’t expecting was an angry Kyungsoo who decided to ignore you. You keep pestering him off until he blows up. “You’re ridiculous! Do you really not realize how I feel? But you never told me you had a boyfriend! I can’t believe I wasted so much time. I should have gone home when I could.” The words coming out of his mouth shock you. But before you can respond he continues. “God I can’t believe I fell in love with a girl in a relationship.” Love? You keep repeating the word. Not hearing what he’s saying. So you stop him and before he can argue you kiss him. It takes him a minute to realize but then he is kissing you back. He pulls away and you explain. “Kyungsoo. I love you. But I couldn’t tell you or anything until I broke up with Jacob.” He smiles and pulls you to the room. “Good. Then this won’t be weird.” He says as he pushes you on the bed.

The next morning the two of you wake up, , in each other arms. “. I hope the cameras are off.” You whisper. He starts laughing and explains he already called the producer and asked for the day off. Which makes you pounce on him. Straddling his waist. “Good. Then maybe we can have a repeat of last night.” You kiss him and he smiles. “God I am so in love with you.” “I love you too.”