oo2 - quintessential

Only Temporary
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi, a self proclaimed realist, was truly feeling like nothing could go wrong. It was very unlikely for a woman of her philosophy. Yet, when she was with Jongin, thinking about Jongin, dreaming about Jongin, nothing could stop her. Her pulse always quickened when she heard her phone go off, always anticipating Jongin's messages. How could it be that her best friend of 18 years, suddenly becomes her boyfriend in 2 seconds? Had she thought rationally? No, she answered yes as soon as possible. Did she regret that? Hell no. The past 8 months with Kim Jongin, as her boyfriend (she still couldn't bring herself to say that word,) had been spectacular. More than spectacular? Was there a word to better describe their relationship? Yes. Seulgi scribbled down a word on the corner of her notebook that perfectly described her relationship with Jongin.

quintessential.*

Seated in their booth, one leg propped up next to her, Seulgi tapped her pencil on her chin. Her eye drifted to the window, watching the passer-by hustle along the sidewalks. It was drizzling outside this afternoon, it wasn't humid nor freezing. It was just the way she liked the weather to be. She was sitting alone, Jongin had made plans to work. Seulgi liked that about their relationship, they didn't need to spend every second together; she didn't think she was clingy either. They were allowed to spend some time away from each other. It's nice. More than nice even? Yes. It is quintessential.

Of course, it seemed logical for Jongin and Seulgi to date. They had known each other for a long time and were very close. But, the question still lingered in Seulgi's head, why? After all this time, why did he pick now? Jongin, obviously handsome, with his deep brown, almond shaped eyes, full lips, and golden skin (Seulgi has thought about it before,) could easily get with anyone, literally. He's been in many relationships before, but they never lasted more than a year. Seulgi, on the other hand, was completely new to dating. There were many things that couplesd did on dramas, some she even jotted down on her notepad, to ask Jongin about in the future. She was happy with their simple relationship though, never wanting more or less.

Needless to say, their relationship wasn't perfect. Jongin was rather blunt, more or less, and Seulgi preferred to be more delicate with her words. Even so, their arguments never lasted long. Jongin knew what made Seulgi happy, and more often than not, she would cry in his arms and tell him she was very sorry for arguing about something so dumb. Then he would kiss both her cheeks and tell her it was okay. Her heart fluttered everytime, almost making her want to argue with him. The only question that he would not answer straight was when she asked "why her" he always gave vague answers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter