A little bunbun boy.

Their secret

Yoongi had an hour to get home. If he didn't make it, everyone at the dorm would be already awake and would ‘annoy’ the out of him because of how worried they could be.

Hopefully, he made it in time. He opened the door as silently as possible when he noticed the TV on, which was weird, unless someone fell asleep in front of it, but it didn’t look like someone was watching it; someone was playing video games on it. He walked closer to be sure when this someone’s head turned to face him. “Hi hyung, you’re home?”

It was Jungkook, still awake at this hour in the night, all by himself. His dark circles couldn’t be missed under his eyes, like he actually never slept. Yoongi sighed then smiled at him. “Do I look like I’m still at the studio?” A reply anyone would get from the rapper.

Jungkook chuckled softly and he stood up. “Hyung, you look really tired.” Yoongi rolled his eyes then Jungkook wrapped his arms around him, his warm body hugging his cold one, and it felt great. The maknae was one of his sources of inspiration, one of the best actually. He was always there for him, to cheer him up, to tell him how cool and handsome he was, to and also help him with his self-confidence. He was his favorite member among the whole group because of how talented, gorgeous and… cheerful he was, yeah. A little bunbun boy. So cute. So sweet. So adorab- “Hyung?”

Yoongi startled at the sudden ‘hyung’ coming from Jungkook. He was caught staring, that was so embarrassing… “Uh… yeah… you should go to sleep too, kid. Why are you still up?” He said as he kept his eyes on him before shifting them onto the screen next to them. “…Playing video games?”

Jungkook’s cheeks turned pink as he tried to look for words to use as a reply, and he sat back onto the couch. “Hum… I… I couldn’t sleep, so I decided to do that.” He ended up staring at the wall on his right, taking a sudden interest in it, while Yoongi was looking at him with a raised brow.

“Really?” The older boy said, sitting down next to him, which made him turn his head to look at him.

“Y-Yeah…” They were looking at each other in the eyes, and Yoongi understood that Jungkook had more to tell him than that; his eyes literally just screamed that. Besides, he looked so tired he could fall asleep anytime, so why was he still awake? He kept quiet, still staring at him, waiting for an answer, when the latter opened his mouth again. “Okay… I… Look, I wanted to go to sleep, but something stopped me from doing that, so I decided to make you something to eat and play video games until you came back.” He gulped when he finished.

His answer made Yoongi question his life. Like, what did he do to deserve such an angel like Jungkook? Well… a zombie-looking-angel, but he was so adorable and so caring. “You… waited for me?” That question was obviously useless and dumb since Jungkook clearly said it, but it didn’t stop him from looking down, biting on his bottom lip and blushing a bit more. He usually wasn’t like that, being silent and blushing, and all, being nervous, especially at the dorm. “Well… Now that I’m here, you can turn it off.” Yoongi watched him do so. Jungkook didn’t have to stand up to turn the TV and the console off; remotes were made for that. Then, he stayed and didn’t really move from his seat, playing a bit with his fingers, like something was on the tip on his tongue but he didn’t know how to unleash it. “Kookie… Are you okay?”

It made the younger look at him with a shy smile on his lips, probably because he finally took his courage with both hands. “Hyung… I thought… maybe if I stayed awake until you came back… you would feel less lonely!”

“Didn’t you feel lonely while waiting for me?” He ended up looking somewhere else, again, whilst Yoongi’s eyes were still on him. “Don’t make me worry about you and go to sleep.” Yoongi stood up. “Good night-”

“Wait!” Jungkook grabbed his wrist almost immediately, stopping him in his tracks, which earned him a confused look. “I have… something to tell you.” Yoongi raised his brows and sat down, his eyes analyzing Jungkook’s face as he waited for him to talk, and tell him what he had to say. The maknae looked really serious so he didn’t try to make fun of him or anything; besides he was tired and his bed was calling him, seducing him from the room he shared with Seokjin. Jungkook’s face also looked red, he noticed. “I… I can’t stop… can’t stop thinking about y-you.” It made Yoongi’s eyes go wide, and his cheeks were becoming red while Jungkook’s were already crimson; he couldn’t look at his hyung anymore, apparently. But all Yoongi did was keeping staring at him, waiting for what he had to say next, but nothing else came out of his mouth.

It had to be said: Yoongi was bad at feelings; everyone knew it, even their fans. When he was nervous, he always tried to play it off like nothing was affecting him but his eyes were always telling the truth. So, Jungkook was confessing to him, right? It meant that Jungkook had feelings for him, right? And if Yoongi’s heart was beating this fast, it meant that he had feelings for him too, right? He never had deep thoughts about his feelings, because his work and his projects were his priority. He always thought being in a relationship would be a distraction and he wouldn’t appreciate that. However, he never wondered what it’d be like to be dating someone within his own group, one of s, mainly because he always thought of them as brothers. But tonight, it was different… and Yoongi could see that in Jungkook’s eyes when he forced him to look back at him, his fingers on his chin. There was a bit of embarrassment, a bit of wanting to run away and hide, and mostly love. He could feel it, that attraction he had towards the rapper, and those pink lips tempting him. He had no idea what he could do, what he wanted to do. He wasn’t sure. “Do you… like me?” He just had to ask the obvious question with the obvious answer; how smart.

Jungkook smiled a bit then bit his bottom lip, again, before nodding his head. “Yes… Yes, I do.” After hearing that, Yoongi pulled him into a hug and rested his chin on his shoulders, his hands on his back. Jungkook was surprised, and hugged him back with a grin on his face, a grin he couldn’t erase actually. “This was the only moment I found where I could tell you… I was too shy… because of the other members being around. I mean, I thought everyone would be asleep except for you and I, so that would be a great opportunity, and I took it. I hope you don’t mind…”

Honestly, there was no way Yoongi would mind it. Well, if he was a little coward this night, he would mind him, because everyone was tired and needed to sleep, and he cared a lot about the members. But this time, he revealed him something quite important, and there was no way Yoongi could see the same Jungkook he has always known since then. The relationship between both of them was about to be really different. “It’s okay, Jungkookie. I like you too.”

He felt him pull away from him and rest his hands on his shoulders, staring into his eyes. This time, his eyes were telling him how surprised and happy he was, and he was glad to see him like that so he showed him his gummy smile; not that he could stop it anyway. “For real, hyung!?” Yoongi nodded. “God, I’m so happy this is actually happening…” He slipped one hand to his cheek, caressing it with his thumb, then leaned in, already. Yoongi could feel his entire face burning, and his ears too, but he was happy as well. Of all people in the world, the perfect Jungkook chose him. Him, and no one else. And then, he felt them; his lips on his. They were so soft and so loving, he loved it; he loved him. They were kissing each other, tenderly, and a loud laugh could be heard from one of the bedrooms, making both of them flinch at the sound.

And it sounded a lot like Kim Taehyung. How dare he interrupt a moment as precious as this one like that? “This kid… He will hear from me.” Yoongi muttered and Jungkook chuckled.

“Hyung, what are you gonna tell him? ‘I was having the best kiss of my life but you idiot interrupted it’??” He giggled this time, nudging at his side.

It earned him a light slap on his head. “Whatever, let’s go to sleep.” Even if they didn’t share a room together. He got up but Jungkook stopped him as he laid both of them on the couch. “What are you doing-”

“’Bout to sleep, like you said, hyung.” Jungkook smiled at him, his eyes closed. Yoongi was on top of him but he couldn’t go because of Jungkook’s arms around him, and since Jungkook was way stronger than him, he couldn’t do anything except sleep on top of him, on the couch, in the living room which will be noisy very soon. Apparently, Jungkook was too tired to care, but Yoongi knew he was going to regret it sooner or later.

“Whatever, yeah… Good night, Babyboy.” He adjusted himself so it was a bit comfier, as if the pet name was totally natural between them.

Jungkook giggled, again. “Sure. Good night to you too, daddy.” He said playfully, a smirk probably on his lips. They had no idea if they were actually going to use these names often, but for now, they were just playing around.

But once again, they heard someone being loud. “Where’s Jungkookie??” This time, it was Jimin asking a question. Then Seokjin came out and told them to keep quiet, and Hoseok arrived in the living room, telling Jimin that he was shocked.

Too much noise, they ended up in Yoongi and Seokjin’s room as the oldest accepted to leave the room for them since he was awake, without asking any question, which was a good thing. Yoongi even locked the door in case someone would see them in the same bed, because yeah, that was a secret. Their secret.

 

(Yoongi didn’t get to eat what Jungkook made for him because someone else already ate it, but they didn’t know who because that person refused to tell them.)