Striped Socks

Striped Socks

 

Occasionally Namjoon let Jin choose his clothes. Normally this wasn’t an issue; Jin had good taste and it prevented the guys from yelling about him being a fashion terrorist whenever they met up. On top of that, Jin usually took into account what Namjoon might want to wear that particular day. Usually.  

Not today.  

“I picked your clothes!” Jin called from the en suite but Namjoon didn't respond. Couldn't. He was too busy staring in abject horror at the clothes laid out carefully on the chest at the foot of the bed. “Do you like them?” Namjoon could hear the smirk in his boyfriend’s voice. He stared a little longer.  

The outfit was… cute… Or at least it would be cute if he wasn’t the one supposed to be wearing it. Almost perfectly folded on the chest lay a soft oversized black jumper with a large white logo on the front, a wide necked white t-shirt and the shortest pair of black shorts he'd ever seen, shorts that definitely wouldn’t be visible under that jumper. Were they Jin's? He didn’t think he'd ever seen them before - he'd remember Jin showing that much leg. But that wasn't even the worst of it. No. The worst of it came in the underwear. A pair of low rise boxer briefs and... Oh no. OH NO. He realised just as he picked them up that what he had taken to be a statement scarf was in fact a pair of black and white striped thigh highs. He almost dropped them in shock. But well, that explained the shorts, he supposed. 

He looked at the clothes a little longer. There were barely a couple items of clothing there that he would voluntarily wear - although he loved this kind of look on Jin (on the rare occasions when he gave in to Namjoon’s requests) - and he found himself starting to question whether these were in fact his intended clothes.  

"Jin?" He called. His boyfriend grunted rather inelegantly in response. "You didn't mean the clothes at the end of the bed did you? These ones are yours, right?" The laugh Jin gave in reply could only be described as derisive.  

"No, those are yours, Joon," Jin yelled. Namjoon spluttered in protest but Jin talked straight over him, "I thought it was time you tried that look so that you can fully appreciate it." Well that sounded ominous. “Since you love it so much.”  

"Uhm-" he began but once again his boyfriend cut right across him.  

"If I come out there and you aren't even partly into that outfit..." Jin threatened and so Namjoon found himself hastily appraising the clothes once more. Well some of the outfit was acceptable, he supposed. He put on the boxer briefs, wishing they came up a little higher but he could deal. Then came the t-shirt, possibly the only item laid out that actually belonged to him. Its material was thin and it hung loose and just a little long on him, almost covering the underwear that had been picked out for him. "Oh but hold off on putting those socks on!" Jin called, making Namjoon very nearly jump out of his skin. 

With a sigh he reached out for the jumper instead, marvelling at how soft and thick the fabric was. Okay, perhaps he might actually enjoy wearing the jumper at least a little bit. He pulled it on slowly and damn – the inside was even softer, how was that even possible? He tried to suppress the urge to moan at the feeling of it against his skin but was completely unable to suppress his reaction to just how big the jumper was on him. It reached to mid thigh and the sleeves were longer than his arms, just the tips of his fingers peeking out of the ends. Against all previous reservations, he found himself blushing, actually blushing as he gazed down at himself because okay perhaps he maybe looked a tiny bit cute? 

And then Jin walked in and the blush multiplied tenfold even though he wasn't entirely sure why. Jin for his part, squealed when he saw him, running across the room and pulling him into a tight hug. 

"Oh my gosh, Namjoon!” He shrieked far too close to Namjoon's ear. “You're so soft! I knew this jumper would suit you when I bought it! And look how it contrasts perfectly with your silver hair!" By this point he was nuzzling his face into the front of the jumper and it was nothing short of adorable but all to soon he pulled away, gripping Namjoon's upper arms, a worrying glint in his eye. "You're embarrassed aren't you?" Jin grinned. "You're never this quiet unless you're embarrassed, but I spy three items of clothing that aren't yet on your body, so get to it." He winked and withdrew his hands. 

"But what are those shorts?" Namjoon asked incredulously having finally found his voice. Jin affected innocence. 

"Well I just thought you might want something on your lower half, especially with those pants on." As his boyfriend finished speaking, Namjoon became very aware of the stray hand that was lifting the bottom of the jumper at the back and trailing leisurely up the back of his bare thigh. He shivered involuntarily, drawing a laugh from Jin. He decided that was an apt time to put the teeny shorts on even if only to avoid being d by the man beside him.  

"Fine, but I'm not wearing the socks, baby." He said as he turned to pick up said shorts. 

"Don't you 'baby' me. That's not going to work, you are wearing those socks." Jin shot back, voice firm and level. Namjoon shrugged as he stepped into the shorts - it was worth a try at least. He paused for a moment with the shorts around his thighs. Should he tuck his shirt in or not? He had a horrible feeling that it wouldn't make much difference so perhaps he might as well. The shorts came up even shorter than he'd expected. He didn't think he'd ever shown this much leg in his life. He might scare someone. Jin, when he looked up, looked far from scared however. In fact he looked incredibly satisfied, especially when Namjoon’s dismay multiplied by a factor of ten when he realised that the shorts had completely disappeared from view beneath the oversized jumper.  

“Socks now,” Jin encouraged and Namjoon glared but picked them up all the same – Jin’s stubborn streak was not something to be messed with. He sat down on the edge of the bed, dropping one of the socks in his lap. Tentatively, he bunched the other sock up and slid it over his foot, then his ankle, his shin, his knee and up his thigh. It was surprisingly soft and warm. He quickly tugged the other sock on then spent a moment trying to get them to sit at the exact same height on his thighs before he looked up. Jin’s smile had softened and he was reaching out to Namjoon with both hands. “You look adorable! Come look in the mirror!” Namjoon took his hands and allowed himself to be pulled across the room. He gazed at his reflection a little embarrassed and that only added to the unfamiliarity of the figure he saw before him. Long striped black and white socks and a pale strip of thigh showing on each leg, his upper body swapped by the jumper that swallowed up the clothes he had on underneath and gave him sweater paws. His face though should have been familiar to him, but the slight flush of colour in his cheeks and his ruffled hair just added to the strangeness of his appearance. He looked… he looked cute! And a lot like Jin. 

“Oh my god,” he breathed, turning around and peeking back over his shoulder to see what the back view was like. He looked soft. “Oh my god I'm cute.” Jin laughed delightedly and clapped his hands before further messing up Namjoon's hair by running his fingers through it. 

“Of course you are! I expect you to wear this all day though, no taking bits off. You don't have to go in for work today so you should be fine.”  

 

Fine. That was what Jin had said but Namjoon had been finding that this outfit presented some interesting problems. It was a little more… airy in the nether regions than he was truly used to and if that wasn't unnerving enough, whenever he sat down on his office chair, he found his thighs sticking to the leather of the seat. He ended up curled up in the chair like Jin often did for that reason alone. He'd decided that since he requested Jin dress this way (because he looked so cute) he might as well attempt the style himself. He would not give up so fast just because his chair kept adhering to the exposed skin of his legs.  

After a while though, he had to get up and do other things. It was his turn to make lunch and he padded to the kitchen, pausing at the door to Jin’s office and looking in to see his boyfriend lost in his work – designing a new logo for a café chain. He found himself smiling fondly even as he continued onto the kitchen, pausing for a moment to pull his socks up; they seemed to slide down fractionally over time no matter what he did. It was an inexorable descent. 

Even as he cooked he was hyper aware of the fabric hugging his legs, the way his sleeves slid back down no matter how many times he pushed them up to his elbows. But one thing was for sure – he was unexpectedly comfortable. At least he was until Jin came in and made a point of looking him over incredibly slowly, eyes lingering on his thighs. 

“What's for lunch, Joonie?” He asked as he finally moved over to the bar where two places were already laid. “It smells really good!” 

“It's just a stir fry,” Namjoon replied, blushing heavily and shifting from foot to foot. Did Jin feel this flustered when Namjoon took his time looking at him? Gosh. He served their meal quickly without meeting his boyfriend’s eyes, trying to hide the redness of his face. The chuckle that Jin released at his actions told him that he'd been sussed.  

He actually squeaked when Jin placed a hand on his leg, his cool palm making contact with the bare skin making him jump a little. Jin’s lips curled into a large smile. 

“How's your work going?” Jin asked, retracting his hand and focusing on his food instead. 

“Mm I'm just looking over some lyrics that Yoongi wrote for Jimin – he wants me to ‘fix’ them,” Namjoon replied, having mostly regained his composure. 

“Won't that piss Yoongi off?” 

“Probably but I'm doing it anyways. Something will piss him off no matter what so it might as well be something I've actually done.” Jin laughed softly, nodding in agreement. “How about yours?” 

“I'll get this logo done today and see what they say. How are you finding your clothes?” His eyes twinkled as he turned to meet Namjoon’s eyes. And that pesky flush was back again. 

“I, uh, I keep feeling like they're gonna fall down…” He barely got the words out, embarrassment suddenly the primary emotion in his mind. His boyfriend just grinned. 

“And?” He said. “Where's the problem? That's just what it means to wear thigh highs.” He continued airily. Namjoon shook his head in disbelief. 

 

The rest of the day almost passed without incidence. Almost. 

Around three, Jin slipped into Namjoon’s office and came to lean over him, gazing curiously at his laptop screen. Namjoon pulled off his headphones making sure he saved his work. 

“What's up?” He asked. 

“I've sent my work for today, let's go out.” Jin said, wandering across the room and tracing his fingers over one of the posters tacked up on the wall. 

“Go… out?” Namjoon repeated slowly. Jin nodded.  

“Yeah I wanna go out to town and then go somewhere for dinner.” Namjoon blinked at his boyfriend then gazed down at himself. 

Jin, no! I can't!” Namjoon exclaimed. What if Jin made him go out like this? He didn't doubt that Jin would not allow him to get changed prior to their departure. 

“Yes you can Namjoon, just put one foot in front of the other.” Jin murmured as he leant past Namjoon and put his laptop into sleep mode. 

“But-“ Namjoon protested even as he allowed himself to be pulled up out of his chair and led from the room. 

“Good boy,” Jin smirked as he tugged Namjoon up the hall despite his distinctly lack lustre efforts to follow. 

“I'm going to hit you,” Namjoon muttered under his breath as Jin lead the way to their bedroom. Unfortunately the man heard him. 

“That's not very nice,” he commented, finally letting go of Namjoon in order to find a small bag and their wallets. 

“But Jin what if someone recognises us?” It was a genuine possibility. Between Jin’s jobs as a freelance graphic designer and a beauty blogger and Namjoon’s work as a producer and solo artist, it wasn't that unlikely that they might get spotted in town. Add in the fact that somewhere along the way they had somehow become lowkey internet boyfriends and he really did not want to go out dressed like this. He didn't want pictures of this particular look all over the internet. For a horrible moment he thought Jin wouldn't listen but of course he did; he didn't want to actually make Namjoon uncomfortable. Jin handed him a pair of baggy low crotch three quarter length sweatpants. 

“Here,” he said with a warm smile, “if you wear this it'll look like the kind of crazy mismatched outfit you'd come up with yourself.” He winked and swanned out into the hallway. “Hurry up!” He called back. “I wanna get there before all the shops close.” 

 

Later, as they lay in bed together Namjoon thought back over the day. It had been fun actually to try something different, and when they'd got back from their meal, he'd allowed Jin to take a few pictures of him on a film camera just to keep for themselves. Jin had put on a similar outfit and they'd taken a few selfies together too before finally retiring to bed. 

Perhaps one day Namjoon might just try dressing that way again – even if he had complained a lot, it hadn't really felt that uncomfortable, just unfamiliar. Not that he'd tell Jin that anytime soon. No, he'd be glad to leave as long as possible before donning such an outfit again. 

“Today was fun,” he murmured but got no response. When he looked down, the man in his arms was already asleep. He pressed a kiss to Jin’s forehead and settled down to sleep. “But let's not do that again.”