Chapter Two

Funny Fates

Chapter Two: The Start of Everything

The person and I stood a few feet from each other, both staring and both bewildered (With quite a lot of shock on my part.) I had to lean my head back see the person’s face clearly. To make sure it really was who I thought it was.

“Sehun?” I gaped up at him, wanting to pinch myself and wondering if I was still in the plane on the way to Korea.

“A-Ah...” He started to speak, nerves creeping up his expression.

I felt bad.

He was probably freaked out by me just appearing and bumping into him out of nowhere. I wanted to apologize. To tell him I wouldn’t jump all over him.

But before I could even get a word out, I felt myself being lifted by a pair of thick, strong arms. I tried to turn around, wincing at the bruising grip.

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?”

“Fans aren’t allowed beyond the rope.” The big man (who was obviously security) told me gruffly.

“Wait!” I shouted near his ear. “I said wait you big stupid gorilla! I’m a tourist! A tourist! Do you know what that even means?! Put me down!”

I kicked my legs furiously, managing to knee the gorilla guard in the gut. I yelped when he let go of me abruptly, causing me to land hard on my bottom. “Ow...” I hissed, glowering at the guard, a few choice curse words lingering at the tip of my tongue.

“Are you okay?”
I looked up, startled to find the person I had previously bumped into. EXO’s maknae: Oh Sehun.

He rolled my suitcase over with him before squatting down beside me, eyebrows furrowed.

“I’m sorry about him.” He spoke softly in as he nodded towards the guard. “Are you okay?” Sehun repeated slowly as if making sure if I even knew what he was saying.

I stared a bit at him, trying to process his question before finally nodding. If him speaking to me was a surprise, him holding out his hand to me was nothing less than a miracle.

Without thinking clearly, I took his hand, letting him help me up. His hand was cool in mine and a bit calloused as well.

Shockingly, I wasn’t freaking out. I was incredibly, weirdly calm at that moment. But I didn’t really take note of it that time.

When we finally stood up, I pulled away at a respectable distance and bowed. “I’m sorry.” I said, remembering to speak in Korean, not daring to look up at his face. “I’m so sorry for bumping into you. I should have been looking where I was going.”

“I’m sorry as well.” I heard Sehun utter. “I should have been doing the same. I’m sorry about our bodyguard too.”

I tried to straighten from my bow to reply to his apology, to tell him it was all fine. But a stabbing pain shot through my sides, reminding me of the guard’s previous manhandling.

I couldn’t stop the pained gasp from escaping my lips and my knees wobbled at the suddenness.

“What is it?” I felt Sehun’s cool hands encase my upper arms, helping me keep steady. “What happened?”

“It’s fine.” I hissed, trying to straighten myself again, this time slowly and successfully. “I’m fine.”

“Obviously you’re not.” I looked up at Sehun to see a disapproving expression on his sharp features. “Now tell me, where does it hurt?”

Before I could reply or deny anything, another- or more specifically, eight more familiar faces appeared.

“Sehun-ah, I thought you were going ahead to the car?” A familiar, very deep bear-like voice spoke. “What’s the hold up?”

Simultaneously, Sehun and I turned our heads to face our new audience. It all felt like such a dream, having all nine members of EXO standing so close to me.... Or maybe a nightmare.

“Sehun what’s going on?” None other than Suho asked this question and I watched as confusion and fear creep onto their features. On each and every single member.

Now I felt even worse.

They all probably thought I was a crazed fan who had the guts to jump their maknae.

Was I a fan? Yes.

But crazed? Questionable.

I opened my mouth to explain myself and from the corner of my eyes I saw Sehun do the same. But before either of us could speak, I heard someone calling out my name.

I closed my eyes and sighed irritably before sending an apologetic glance to Sehun. He merely nodded, giving me a sheepish shrug and smile.

“Chantal!” I looked towards Liz who came to a stop beside where EXO stood, the other girls following behind her. The four of them were panting and trying to catch their breaths.

“Oh thank god we found you!”

“We were-“ Rowan gasped out, glaring at me as she fixed her skewed glasses and bangs. “We were trying to tell you about EXO! It’s them you dummy. The crowd was waiting for them!”

I pursed my lips, slowly nodding to show her I understood before slowly pointing to the people beside them.

Both groups turned to face each other, shock all on their faces. It would have been funny had it not been so surreal. But it did help me forget my aching sides.

It was Liz who spoke first. Liz who was the most socially awkward out of all of us. “Uh... hi?” she greeted, seeming somewhat dazed.

Some of EXO reluctantly raised their hands and waved in greeting. Yixing was the only one who seemed enthusiastic as he bowed towards them as well.

Eriza looked like she was about to faint, while Shai and Roanne turned to look at me with wide eyes.

It was silent between all of us and it was then I realized all the cameras and phones pointed at us. I shuffled uncomfortably, catching Liz’s attention.

She stepped towards me, her eyes darting back and forth from my face back to my arms. I looked down, confused.
Until I realized Sehun was still holding onto me.

I cleared my throat to catch his attention, slowly backing away from him. Sehun slowly pulled away his hands, leaving behind a trail that caused goose bumps to rise all over my skin.

We stared at each other, not really knowing hot go from there. But Liz took that as an opportunity to pull me away from my silent idol.

“Are you okay?” She asked hurriedly, not giving me a chance to even reply. “Okay? Okay! I see you found the shuttles. Now say goodbye to the y maknae- Whoops! I meant your y Sehun- ! I meant Sehun! Just say goodbye to your Sehun!”

I could feel my face burning as Liz continued to ramble so I reached out to cover with my hand, before quickly bowing again and apologizing.

I turned around and grabbed my suitcase rushing away and towing Liz with me. Never looking back.

Rowan bowed to the boys “Sorry about my friends. We’ll be going now.” She said before grabbing Eriza’s hand and following after us. Shai waved at them and playfully sent a wink before following suit.


It was silent as we all filed into a shuttle, moving to occupy the back seats. My heart was racing from running and half my brain wanted to believe nothing happened while the other half screamed at me that it did. It totally did.

“Did...” I heard Eriza breath out from beside me. “Did that just really happen?”

I turned to look at the others and it seemed that we all made the same mistake, because the next thing I knew we were all laughing our heads off.

“Oh my god.” I managed to gasp out, clutching my aching sides, still laughing. I took deep breaths to calm myself down a bit. “I met him. Him! Oh freaking Sehun!” I exclaimed excitedly, leaning across the aisle to shake Shai’s arm.

“You can tick it off your bucket list now.” Shai teased, patting my head. “Only one left is to marry him.”

I snorted, shaking my head. “After making a fool of myself back there? I think that dream has become a million times more unrealistic than before.”

“But you’re still smiling.” Rowan leaned over, grinning as she poked my cheek. “Aren’t you?”

I felt an uncontrollable smile bloom on my lips again. Pressing my hands against my cheeks, I sighed dreamily “Yeah.”

We all settled down, enjoying the drive to the hotel in restful silence. It was then I let my thoughts drift into a daydream.

When we were halfway there, I sensed something amiss. My eyes snapped open, the feeling starting to grow as we approached the hotel. I let my eyes wander towards my shoulder bag and my hands began to pat my pockets.

“Chantal?” Eriza spoke up, noticing my restlessness. “Sis, what’s wrong?”

“I feel like I’m missing something.” I muttered, continuing to inspect my stuff. “Something important like my-“ I felt the blood drain from my face when it dawned on me.

“Sis?” I heard Eriza’s voice again, this time she sounded really worried. “What is it?”

“My passport.” I breathed out, feeling a wave of dread wash over me. “I lost my passport.”

A/N: Uh-oh...