Chapter 6

Friendship

“hello oppa! – she chirped on the other line

Relax Taemin, breathe.

“are you here yet?

“not yet oppa. Our schedule is only after yours, I am in the van, on my way. Hows you? I cant wait to see you. I make some kimbap for you I can hear the smile from her voice.

“what time did you finish filming yesterday?

“around 7pm. Had dinner with the crew then I went home. You saw the picture I send you? The stew was so delicious oppa. Lets go there some day! With Soo Jung and….

“what time did you sleep yesterday?

“after I put down the phone with you I went to sleep, I think ard 11-ish. Why oppa?

“oh. So u immediately sleep afterwards?

“y-yes oppa. Why, whats wrong? What time is your schedule? Do you have time to meet me first before you start filming

Without realising, a tear drop from my eye

“In 5 mins. Ill just see you afterwards.

“Okay oppa. See you. Miss you – I hung up on her.

I cant do filming now. I sat down on the steps. My hands trembled. I love her so much. She came into my life and makes me believe about eternal love. I have visions for us, with mini taemin and mini naeun around us. Why did she lie to me? Is she bored of me? I was busy with work, why cant she understand me? She should have tell me the truth, what more lies is she keeping while im in buzy in Japan. And with Junhyung? She knows I am not fond of the guy. He had pursue Naeun even before I get to to know Naeun. He was the only guy in Cube who asked for her number, they were close because Naeun was the main lead for one of their MVs. Naeun told me she do not have any feelings for him. I trusted her.

How can she do this to me? Firstly she lie to me about sleeping, then she lie about meeting Junhyung and even send him home, has she been contacting him all these while?

Now im furious. I dialled Soo Jung’s number,

“Hello oppa!

“Yah, has Naeun been going out with other guys while I was away. You are the closest to her. Tell me the truth, lying for her wont help.

“Woah oppa. Chill. What in the world are you talking about? You knows that will never happen right. You know she’s mad in love with you

“Apparently not. You are not lying to me right?

“I am not oppa. I swear – I hung up.

So Naeun didn’t even tell Soo Jung about her meet up with Junhyung. Ofourse she wont Taemin-ah. Why would she let anybody know she is cheating on her boyfriend?

*RINGGGGGGGG*

“What?

“Whats wrong? Soo Jung just called me. She said you sounded pissed. What happened?

“Naeun

“Whats wrong with her?

“She, she cheated on me. – I gritted my teeth

“Calm down Taemin, do you have any proof on that?

“She cheated on me Jongin, I love her. She’s contacting Junhyung behind my back.

“Junhyung hyung?

“Yes, Junhyung from B2ST. I told you before how he has feelings for her way back. Arghhhh. How can she do this to me?

“Okay Taemin, get yourself together. Go and wash ur face. Do not speak with Naeun for now. Clear your mind abit, please. I don’t want you to regret anything later. You understand?

“Ah ah, I need to go now.

Everything was a blur afterwards, luckily Key and Minho hyung do all the talking so all I need to do was to fake a smile and interject here  & there. I cant wait to bolt home. I do not want to bump into Naeun later. Like what Jongin say, I need to clear my mind. But she lied.

Too late Taemin, the minute I walked out of the studio, she was waiting for me with a smile on her face. That teethy smile, that lips that Ive been wanting to pressed my lips on. She was wearing a black tshirt & a black jeans, that waist that I longed to held. She was wearing my bracelet that I lend to her. I just made the order for hers last night. She was wearing my favourite cap, he silky hair went past her shoulder, ive waited so many months to run my hands through her hair. She ran to me, stopped directly infront of me.

“I want to give you a hug oppa, but there are so many people here

I looked around, they were sound crews, stage crews, saw Apink not to far behind her and some other idols.

She handed me the kimbab “ Here, share it with your hyungs oppa. Ill see you later okay. – She touched my hand lightly and was about to walk away, I grabbed her wrist

“Where did you go last night? – I pulled her closer

Her eyes glistened, “Oppa, I …..

“You lied.

“Oppa, I….

I couldn’t control myself, how dare she cries when she’s the one who’s lying. My hand flies to her face. For a second, the whole world seem to have stopped. She held on to me, I pushed her away. I walked off and all I heard was Minho hyung shouting my name.

*RINGGGGGGGGG* The phone rings bring me back to reality.

“ OI, where are you? Its our turn to film, come up to studio 6 now.

“oh okay hyung. Coming down now.

I am going to bump into her today, I can feel it. But she’s now a nobody to me, we are now back to being strangers.