Life

HISTORY

“How did this happen?” the CEO looks perplexed as he watches the rapid growth from childhood to teenage years.

 

“We think” one of the employees starts speaks up, “that the blood of one of the rescuers mixed with the sample of no.4.”

The CEO waves him away and continues observing the specimen.

 

“How long until completion.” He asks as he moves to observe the others.

 

“A day sir,” The employee watches as he nods in the direction of the specimen and shoots them all a small smile and a meaningful look in his direction before he walks out the room, looking very solemn for someone whose plans have come to fruition.

 

“I expect a report in my office by 6, Simon.” He stops on the way out, “I would also like to talk to you – so If you have any plans, cancel them.”

 


 

“How much longer?” A gravelly voice asks from a flickering form.

 

“Not much, just 24 hours.”

 

“You have done well James, I think you shall be claiming your reward tonight. I expect to hear about the experiment and the result soon. How…how are the Legends?”

 

“Th-They…they were rescued.”

 

“What, hoW COULD THEY ESCAPE?!”

 

“We’re sorry, but if you had given us more…”

 

“SILENCE! *sigh* I guess it doesn’t matter we still have the products.”

 


 

The employee, Simon, turned in the report to his boss before pausing and looking up meaningfully at the man.

“Sir,” Simon looked positively terrified but he kept himself confident and spoke out with resolve, “I uh…I want to quit.” Seeing the look, the other man sent him he quickly added on, “or transfer to a different division – possibly another base. I mean, I like working in the headquarters and all but…but it’s really far away from my family and uh friends and don’t you think it would be a valuable experience for me to be able to–”

Simon was babbling now, full on babbling and the other man knew it.

 

“No.”

Simon’s face fell with that word, looks like he couldn’t escape after all.

“Please reconsider–”

 

“I said no Simon,” at that Simon cast his eyes down and the other smirked at his show of submission.

“Jessica, you get an early leave and make sure everyone knows that I’m not available currently and not to disturb me. Oh, also do the same for Simon. Thanks.”

After hearing confirmation from Jessica, Simon looked up at his boss and started backwards at the feral face the other was making.

 

“Sir, I don’t think I should–”

 

“Please Simon, call me James…” Was all anyone heard before the office door was closed and locked.

 


 

He opens his eyes, staring at a white ceiling, his head aches from all the information that’s been cramped in there.

Eventually, he sits up the pain in his body decreasing the longer he stays up. ‘Where am I?’ the though pesters his brain, no matter how hard he tries to keep it out.

‘I should look around and observe my surroundings.’

 

He looks around and is surprised that when he opens his mouth bubbles come out. His eyes scan the…thing (tube his brain supplies) and his hands press against the glass encasing him watching the other people (six others) in fascination as they also wake up. He blinks at the tags attached to the glass and reads. The tag says Jungkook and his eyes travel up to lock with the others.

Jungkook is also pressing up against the glass and he wonders what his tag says.

 

He doesn’t notice as the door slides open and men march in, military uniform glistening in the artificial light. His eyes stay focused on the man opposite him – as if in a daze – and only snaps out of it when the water starts draining and the glass opens and allows him and the others to exit, their limbs and muscles tensing as they step out onto the solid cold ground. He watches as they’re swarmed and carried by the crowd of nurses and he send a longing glance towards Jungkook, surprised to see the other send one back.



Taehyung, he had just found out his name, was propped up on a bed. His eyes still marvelling over all the whiteness in the room and the result of this was a burning pain in his retina every time he closes his eyes.

Unwillingly, his eyes were drawn back to the figure of Jungkook, who (still) hasn’t stopped staring. It made Taehyung feel flustered and uncomfortable at the same time.

 

It was a while before the strange men marched back into the room. Among them was one he hadn’t seen before. “Welcome, sir,” one of them started, “There are the products. Allow me to introduce them.”

He moved to stand in front of Seokjin, “This is product of experiment 00 and 01.”

Namjoon’s turn, “product of experiment 68 and 88.”

Yoongi – “product of 12 and 61.”

Hoseok, Taehyung thought, looked as confused as he felt, “product of 94 and 7.”

Finally, his go: “product of 4 and unknown, non-human variable.” As he said this the man looked at him in disgust and sneered before moving away.

He moved to stand next to Jungkook, “product of 00 and 01 – again.”

Finally, it was Jimin. He was still sleeping and resting – his face calm. “product of 21 and 99.”

 

After he said this the man moved away from the bed.

 

The man called ‘sir’ stared at them for a while, his expression betraying nothing before he turned to whisper to the man next to him. Though they could all hear him.

“Have they shown any abilities? Anything abnormal?”

His voice sounded desperate.

 

“I’m sorry sir,” the worker started, “they have not and Taehyung,” he pointed at him and Taehyung felt dread build up, “if he had any the foreign DNA would have totally diluted the blood and–”

 

“I’ve heard enough, what about the others?”

 

“No abilities. The tests came back negative.”

 

“I see, is there any chance of them developing the abilities later?”

 

“No sir, the possibility is close to zero.”

 

“Very well, get rid of them and start on new ones,” he looked at all the workers a menacing glint in his eye, “and this time make sure nothing. NOTHING interferes!”

 

“But sir–”

 

“You will do as I say.” The man returned and the cowed worker nodded.

 

He gestured for the products to follow him, guards stationed behind them, he took them out back and watched as they beaten and thrown out into the dark, dangerous world.

 


 

“Sir,” The employee’s hands wring together with worry, “I was wondering if you knew where Simon was?”

 

“Hmm,” James looked him in the eye, his hand covering his mouth in what the employee thought was indifference, “no I haven’t why? I didn’t even know we had someone called Simon.”

 

“No reason.”

 

James grin was that of a cat-that-got-the-canary as he watched the employee leave.

 

“Jessica give me all the information you have on Houlstan, oh and bring him in for questioning.”

 


 

“Hyung,” another whimper from Jimin, “where are we going?” Namjoon bit his lip as another bolt of pain came from his leg, he stopped and turned to watch the group.

 

“I don’t know,” his answer was honest the others could see that yet…

 

“Hyung, why were we kicked out?” Jungkook rarely spoke, he seemed shy and the only other words uttered were affectionate phrases and that only happened with Taehyung.

 

“I don’t know,” Namjoon glances at the sky and they can all see the fatigue taking its toll on him.

 

“Are you okay?” Laying his hands on Namjoon’s shoulder Jin attempts to comfort him, “you look really out of it? When was the last time you ate?”

Frown.

“When was the last time we all ate?”

 

Hoseok shrugs not caring that Jin isn’t expecting an answer.

 


 

“Where did you find them?” A harsh voice asks as the owner observes the group of sleeping boys.

 

“A few miles from here.” Taemin answers leaning on Minho, “We found them passed out and dehydrated.”

 

“Why did you decided to bring them here?”

 

“Don’t know.” Minho shrugs, “we felt a pull towards them like a family bond but weaker.” Taemin nods at his explanation and shrugs at the appropriate times.

 

Key studies them for a while before turning to them and telling them to go and gather the others.

When they’d all been assembled, Key explained why he’s called them.

 

“I think they’re from ESM but they probably got discarded for some reason. I mean look at them they look like a mix of some of the Legends. Yet, this one – I don’t understand he looks like Baekhyun but some of the features are different. Other than that, he is a carbon copy.”

 

“It looks like Daehyun.” Zelo spoke up amidst the silence that had befallen them. His attention returned to his nails, completely ignoring the curious looks his statement had received.

 

“He shares some of Daehyun’s features.”

At Jongup’s clarification Baekhyun turned to analyse the features carefully before his head turned between Daehyun and the sleeping boy at a rapid pace. “! You’re right, but how is that possible?”

 

“When we went to rescue them, they were plugged into machines that were taking blood from them. One of them, Baekhyun’s, managed to somehow start leeching off of me.”

 

“That’s probably how.” Jinki hummed, “the mixing of the blood allowed them to be born or created. We will keep them and figure out what to do when they recover.” His serious face broke out into a cheery grin. “Whilst they’re here we should try and get to know them after all you,” at this he gestured to the Legends and Daehyun, “are the ‘parents’.” He turns to Sungjong and impulsively grabs the other in a hug, lifting him a few inches off the ground.

“We’re grandparents! We have grandchildren!”

 

Everyone made retching noises as the two started making out in the middle of the infirmary and started to exit to give the couple space. They could only hope the ‘children’ weren’t scarred for life once they woke. 


 

Sorry, this took so long to get up - damn this is only number 8 but I'm already getting lazy and it's not that I don't want to finish this, it's just that I've never been good at long term commitments when it comes to work or projects. BUT I am determined to see this through so I promise that I won't abandon it or anything unless I really have to because I can't continue or anything. 

Damn, that was deep. 

 

Anyways, you probably won't believe it if I told you that I had finished writing out the plot and going on's of this chapter a few weeks, maybe a month ago but I just, JUST, finished typing it up. I . 

Hope you enjoyed this and please look forward to the next update (whenever it is). 

Love you all!