A tragedy

Star crossed lovers

    The Peacocks fly to the Southeast-

the tragic story of the original Chinese Romeo and Juliet remastered

Narrative:

A tragedy between two lovers of the Eastern Han dynasty (25-220).The story of the original star crossed lovers faced with conformist nuptials plans. Though the couple loved each other deeply, they were separated. Given no choice this couple took suicide. Together at last they lay buried.

 

It was a slow non substantial death; nevertheless it indubitably was killing them slowly. Pried from each other’s reach; an artificial separation. Though they were like day and night.

              The distance is what drove them both mad.

They depended on each other’s existence just like how plants relied on the sun’s light for survival, or akin to the air that you breathe. They were ruinous together, she thinks haphazardly. But how else could they live, these days, except in the midst of the elders ruin? She loved him and she couldn’t change her feelings. It  heart hurt so much that she would cry.

Sometimes for hours, days even.

She would wake up in the middle of the night, tears in her red puffed eyes, vision of blurred nothing and she’d whimper into the early signs of morning, collapsing back into a slumber; craving his warm embrace just once.

She was damaged. Her heart was beyond broken to fix. It was painful to continue,like this all she wanted to do was return back to the way it was;A where she belonged in his arms.She was sick of reality so she made the ultimate decision of giving up.

Kyungsoo POV

Her beauty was far more than just skin deep, he loved her, why couldn’t the elders she it was more than a crazed infatuation. He'd often be daydreaming in midst of the night.Often of her bare skin beneath his fingertips and their shared kisses 
Why did they have to lock her away from him?  

He was seething with rage; his blood boiling over. he’d been required to remarry, someone more to the elders standards whether he liked it or not.
Defiant as always.
He promised himself no matter how many new suitors’ , they shoved down his throat; he would stay loyal to her. Even if the impending new marriage was drawing closer. 

3rd POV
But when he finds her body lying in the shallow waters of  the nearby lake , dressed in white, his blue to the bone. Her skin a plastered ,starch white and lips a faded ruby, body thoroughly drenched in the cold winter, rain.

His cold fingers blue to the veins  , brush slowly against the outline of her features; as he hands travels further down the warm slope that connects her jaw to the base of her  neck, only to plant themselves against the plump flesh.
The pink flush, rises in his cheeks , contrasting  greatly against the pale , skin beneath his fingertips. 
He the flesh of her cheek absentmindedly as his breathing begins to shallow a bit , the tell-tell tears already setting on the ends of his brown lashes as fingers continue down the curves and ridges of her collar. 
Vision blurry and hazed , the tears laced with the slight tinge of regret and strong spirits.  His body begins to stifle out silent, heavy sobs as he watches the lifeless form beneath his fingers, with every breathe he takes.
The tears don't stop, the continue on much like an ongoing onslaught of heavy downpour at noon, splattering against the white cloth of the dress clutched between his skin and bone as he lifts her into his arms.

“ You're my sweetest downfall, too bad you weren't here to see me , fall further for you. ”

He treks down the banks of the lake , with  her still in his embrace 

“Don't worry, you'll won't have to wait much longer ” he whispers against the wisps of wet hair , he kisses her temple, he can still feel her warmth .

Feet skim the lapping tide , before his entire waist and her legs are  engulfed in the icy liquid. He continues both her and him are fully submerged underneath the waves.
His grip still firm on her body 

His lungs were squeezed smaller against the pressure, he chokes and gags on nothing. His throat burned , heart still beating and all he hears are the rumbles of the clear liquid that had surround him. He could take no more. 

And suddenly he feels the cold rush of water flowing through the back of his throat and nose. he could no longer hears the rushing  waves of the lake , slowly his sight and consciousness start to slip away and his enveloped by the growing darkness below, the last thing he thinks he sees and remembers is the whites of her dress,and the taste of her tempest red lips as he carried off into the inevitable.