The Truth

Day Before The Fall

The Truth

 

The truth has always been a dilemma of every living things, causing conflicts and troubles. However, it has also been a matter one neglect or refuse to tell. Lying and ignoring seems to have been the norm nowadays, as it is seen as the easier option.

 

Why was she called the siren? Many asked. Initially, the reason behind her reputation is... sinless... her beauty is undeniable... alluring ... she is also unapproachable, her presence is intimidating to many, yet draws many attention, making head turns heart beats out of their chest, but all were left heartbroken, and he is the only exception. However the accident, rumours spread. Many believe that her enchanting beauty and irresistible charm are weapons that she uses to beguile and deceive men. Others said that it is a curse, whoever that was closed to her or whoever approaches, will fall into an inevitable abyss of pain or worst... death. Amaryllis is well aware of the stories going around, yet she was unfazed. She could not care less, in fact, she'd rather everyone believes it. That case nobody will disturb her with their existence.

Allowing that " If only " is a downhearted way to start a sentence, dismissing the existence of " If only " makes a fool out of the people who is grasping on their only hope of imagination. To conceal the scars that was engraved in her soul, she spent her days by herself grieving, deep in her thoughts. Defeated was what she felt when she woke up to an empty bed, if she was lucky to even be granted a slight drowse, it would have been a major coup. Even a quick charge is a luxury she could not afford. Every time she closes her eyes, scenes of the event flashes. The only tranquility she can get is when she is with James, whether it'd be in silence or in an abundance of conversation or questions swarming in from James, it seems that is the only time she is in peace. Until that peace was demolished by the question, " What happened that night? ". James immediately knew he should not have asked. A little tipsy, he quickly blurted a timorous apology. The air was heavy and the tension became so intense that both Amaryllis and James found it heard to even catch a breath. " Odis, he proposed that night. Before - " Amaryllis paused. James scurried near her, trying to calm her shaking body. Guilt crawls over him as he regrets mentioning the past.

 

- Flashback -

" Always remember us this way " the song played as Amaryllis enters the scene that was beautifully decorated with pictures of memories, flowers that includes Amaryllis, and there stands the love of her life. Odis slowly closes the distance between them, almost as if he was walking on a ground that is loaded with explosions, every movements he made was with precise considerations, reaching for her hand, a drop of sweat glides down his cheek, he was hysterically nervous, worried that any false actions and words will ruin the moment. Amaryllis stood there like an angel who fell from the sky, he felt so blessed that this woman, the most beautiful that he has ever lay his eyes on, is standing in front of him, and she may or may not be his forever, he could not believe it sometimes and he always believe that he is in a dream. Odis kneeled down " Sometimes I wonder if you remember little moments like I do. When this song played in the car on the night before I had to go on a business trip, I was sulking that you seem like you didn't care that I'd be away for a week when I already miss you so much, our hands intertwined together, and you turned to me with your eyes that sparkles even at night, you said " I will always remember us this way, know that ", or the moment we first met, you didn't even look at me when my eyes were gawking into you, observing your every motion every facial expression, thinking of ways to approach you without giving an impression of a loser simping over you " Odis chuckled, even reminiscing of the moment makes his palm sweat, as if he was reliving the sweet moments again, Amaryllis on the other hands was moved that Odis remembered every trivial things and even those that she forgot or things that she said unintentionally. " I had to thank Sophia for suggesting you to come along with me when we have that Team Building event to attend to. My assumption is she probably caught me staring at you. I was so worried thinking that you'd reject the offer, so I tried to make up excuses saying that the bus left and attending to the event was mandatory even though none of it were true and I still remember when you looked at me with that honey eyes of yours like it was yesterday, that moment I knew... you are the one "

" The one that I hope that I can take care of and make you smile and laugh, if you'd allow me to do so. The one that I can see every moment, every second, the one I will be with forever. "

" Will you, Amaryllis Gardner, allow me, Odis Dawson, to take care of you, to pamper you, to give you all of me giving in everything to make you happy, to be a part of your life forever? Will you marry me? ". Amaryllis was caught completely off guard.