A Sun Sets On December

A Sun Sets On December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Youngbae is talking to you, the reader.  You the reader = Daesung

                I sit as the sun is setting on our patio, watching you in the yard, tending your plants.  You brush the dirt on your hands onto your pants.  Never failing to smear soil on your face somewhere, as well.  I admire your beauty, even covered in dirt, before stealing a kiss as you laugh, blushing even after all these years.

                Sometimes you play with our kids, two beautiful, energetic daughters, one who resembles you and one who looks just like my mother.  I am always the one to spoil them, despite your trying to keep me in check.  I hear your laughter, hear you call out for me to come and join the game.  I promise you that I will always look back at the memories we’ve made to help me smile.

                The sun is set now, but I swear it was just afternoon a minute ago.  Time flies by in my mind when I let it wander through our memories.  Simple things, like the way your eyes crinkle into tiny slivers when you smile, the way your laugh warms my heart and cheers my soul, will always be my favorite.   No matter how bad my mood, the way your fingers feel intertwining with mine as we walk along the river are always enough to lift my spirits.

                I smile up at our eldest as she wraps another blanket around my shoulders, knowing that despite the winter’s chill I don’t yet want to go inside.  I am not ready yet, the view my mind creates is more

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter